The Lounge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
meetlife said:
u got it......
Manoo prize chayidiye :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Boinger said:
hey so lets see ur pic hopeful !
Its somewhere in the indian pic page.....happy digging... :D

hopeful05 said:
Its somewhere in the indian pic page.....happy digging... :D
its not there.....I checked...

sunny123 said:
Ok, my punjabi skills are fading. translate please?
tumiyo.....dhaba ja ke khabo.......

like a street side resteraunt

sunny123 said:
What is dhaba?
Like T.G.I fridays......roadside cheap eateries......do not tell me you have not seen those in India.....I am sure kolkatta has dhaba's.....punajbi dhaba's serve cheap and very good food......

meetlife said:
Like T.G.I fridays......roadside cheap eateries......do not tell me you have not seen those in India.....I am sure kolkatta has dhaba's.....punajbi dhaba's serve cheap and very good food......
Yeah yeah, I've seen them :D (never been to them), just didn't know what they were called.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tonight was one crazy night for Sunny at KFC (that's Kentucky Fried Chicken for those that don't know). I was standing in line for the Toonie special (here in Canada we got 2 dollar coins called toonies), which consists of two pieces of chicken and a small fries. So I was waiting to get some for my mom (she was craving it), and stood in line.

Now at this particular location, there were only two cashiers serving poeple, but there was one line (the store was shaped oddly), so whenever a cashier was free, the next patron would place his/her order. All of a sudden this fat gori cur in front of everyone and jumped to one of the servers. This fat gora in front of me started asking "Excuse me Maame, but there is one line". The gori did not budge. The gora raises his voice and says "I know you can hear me lady!! There is one line!! You can't just cut in front of everyone!" Finally the gori turns around and says "Shut your mouth! Keep your mouth off a me or I'll call the police!" The gora yells back "Go ahead! Call the police! There is one line and everyone else has been patiently waiting" Now all us other patrons are getting tense, because now the gori stands in front of an open cashier and she steps right up and places her order. The cashier, Mandeep (I know her), nervously asks, "Can I take your order?" The gora starts yelling at the gori "you fat cow, I hope you choke on your chicken!" The gori places her order, gets her food, and starts to eat it right there in the restaurant, she didn't get outta the place ... nope, she took her time eating each piece of chicken.

Now the fat gora went up to Mandeep and started asking her (nicely of course, otherwise I woulda said something and so would all the other desis in the place) why she served the gori when she cut in front of the line? She said that she just served whoever came first before her. A desi uncle in line told the guy it wasn't worth getting all mad at the lady for cutting, and there are poeple like that all over the place. But really, the manager of the place should have come out and told that fat gori to get to the back of the line. I mean, sure there is only one line, but whenever a server was available, a patron would be served, so there really was no need for all this drama tonight.

BTW, on his way out, the gora yelled out "Fat cow" five times before he reached the door.

Weird summer night huh? :D

Premedtomed said:
funny
this fat gori must have some sort of a mental problem.
I really think she did. She was zoned on getting her chicken, and nothing was gonna get in her way.

sunny123 said:
I really think she did. She was zoned on getting her chicken, and nothing was gonna get in her way.
Listen to my bus ride story. I was taking the bus to the subway station and it was very packed in this bus. I was standing up the entire ride. The bus was going pretty slow and what happened was that it slowed down a bit further and some chinese girl standing next to me twirled 180 and then lost her grip and fell down luckily i caught her before she fell down. (she didn't thank me at all) Then afterwards two chinese boys lost their footing and fell onto 4 people sitting down on a chair and this was when the bus jerked a bit. Then some white guy next to me started cracking up and said to me. "they can't drive, can't talk can't walk" and started clapping his hands. I couldn't help it but smile it was just too funny.

sunny123 said:
kinda weird one line, she must of thought the other casheir just opened up. "You snooze you lose" right?

Premedtomed said:
funny
this fat gori must have some sort of a mental problem.
Beware of fat hungry angry goris.....

sooooooo........................ how is everyone doing today?

saffronrain said:

Great I am getting more and more excited about Medical school

Premedtomed said:
:laugh: :laugh:

might find Sunny cute :laugh:
Trust me doode, Sunny attracts not only the goris, but from all over the world. ;)

saffronrain said:
tired....... and how was your day? :)

sunny123 said:
tired....... and how was your day? :)
I started to work out again and my arms are so sore.........aaaaaaaaaaaah i need a doctor. :(

GUYS CHECK OUT THIS PIC. BOINGER MADE IT. I CALL IT DATA'S BLUEJAY(although its an eagle...lol) Its now my background... :)

eagle.jpg

^^wow that's pretty sweet.
sid i wish i could be in your shoes right now.. i would give ANYTHING to get into med school... then again, i do have some time.
my day was quite interesting. research you know.. but that wasn't the interesting part. whatever.
i have about 5 research articles to read, and each article is about 20 pages, type 2 font, single spaced. ugh. this is not going to be a fun 2 months. :(

its seems as though nobody posts on SDN as much as he/she used to. or maybe i'm just a freak who logs on at 8/9 in the mornings.

saffronrain said:
its seems as though nobody posts on SDN as much as he/she used to. or maybe i'm just a freak who logs on at 8/9 in the mornings.
Don't worry, you are not alone. :laugh:

saffronrain said:
You%20Are%20Not%20Alone%20'Holland'.JPG

^^ ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i get nightmares whenever i see his face. ew ew ew

:laugh: thats not nice =p

saffronrain said:
^^ ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i get nightmares whenever i see his face. ew ew ew
woah...talk about judgement problems... :(

Girl you know its true...SO DAMN CATCHY..gotta love this song.

milli_vanilli.gif

My fav canadian singer
adams.jpg

although everyone would prolly say the best canadian on earth is
Celine%20Dion.jpg

saffronrain said:
U r'nt alone...I'm a super SDN addict :laugh: :laugh:

i still havent seen desikudi's pic =p

forums are addicting though

who here is a forumaholic ?

Boinger said:
i still havent seen desikudi's pic =p

forums are addicting though

who here is a forumaholic ?

Just for you dude:

Mediapost Publication: I Link, Therefore I Am

I Link, Therefore I am
by George Simpson, Monday, Apr 25, 2005 8:17 AM EST
A WEST NYACK, N.Y. MAN was found dead at his computer apparently the victim of trying to keep up with too many professional forums. Childress H. Wanamaker, 54, an account executive at a New York-based new media company, died of starvation according to the West Nyack coroner's office. Wanamaker's emaciated body was found by Loraine, his wife of 26 years, who told MediaPost she had been bringing her husband meals on plastic trays for weeks, but that he never took the time to eat them.

"He was glued to his computer 24/7," she said tearfully. "He was so afraid he was going to miss an opportunity to contribute a comment or start a discussion, that he just stopped eating." She added that Wanamaker's last words were "OK Picard, stick that in your pipe and smoke it..."

"He felt under terrible pressure to be part of the online community," said his son, Lucian, who says he tried several times to get his father's attention and lure him away from the computer. "The only time he even looked up was when I told him I had seen Dane Madsen trying to steal his car out of the driveway."

saffronrain said:
good.....what abt u.....

saffronrain said:
^^wow that's pretty sweet.
sid i wish i could be in your shoes right now.. i would give ANYTHING to get into med school... then again, i do have some time.
my day was quite interesting. research you know.. but that wasn't the interesting part. whatever.
i have about 5 research articles to read, and each article is about 20 pages, type 2 font, single spaced. ugh. this is not going to be a fun 2 months. :(
Just chill,
try and enjoy it - you have nothing else to do.

omg my computer crashed today b/c i spilled water on it. and i couldn't get it to turn on. so now i turned it on and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god bless GOD. wohoooooooooooooooooooo who knows how long it'll last though..? :scared:

Premedtomed said:
Just chill,
try and enjoy it - you have nothing else to do.

omg sid. i don't even know what you look like or whatever, but you were in my dream. at least that "guy" was "you." i was so scared when i woke up. don't ever do that again. stay out of my dreams! :mad: :p :D :laugh:

if you spill a liquid on ur comp NEVER try to turn it on until its dry... it will short out... that goes for any electric device

Boinger said:
if you spill a liquid on ur comp NEVER try to turn it on until its dry... it will short out... that goes for any electric device

yeah, i definitely learned that the hard way. :(

saffronrain said:
yeah, i definitely learned that the hard way. :(
ya got lucky =)

yeah.

so what's the next topic of conversation? let's talk about... .......?

Boinger said:

hmm.. what about 'em? all i can think of is that game: duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck GOOSE!!