***The Indiana University Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya I had to find the requirements online and made sure my professors saw them but then I still had an issue. Plus it's tough with all the different schools!

Members don't see this ad.

Still nothing sent out today! How are they letting it go this late! Tomorrow should be the day though since the holiday on Monday would push it back even further!

Still nothing sent out today! How are they letting it go this late! Tomorrow should be the day though since the holiday on Monday would push it back even further!

I know! I was tempted to call today but didn't. Haha. I hope tomorrow is the day, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they waited until next Friday. Im getting too anxious!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously where is IU? I've called the last two day and she's not really given me any useful information.

Seriously where is IU? I've called the last two day and she's not really given me any useful information.

Yea I just called too and the guy said "interviews will start to come out in the upcoming weeks" so it sounds like another week of waiting haha

They just emailed me back from a couple days ago and said that initial offers may be released early next week.

Gosh I'm so shocked they are going out this late! Last year they went out on the 20th! We are way past that!!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm waiting impatiently too . What info have you been given so far?

Nothing useful, she said on the 30th that their goal was the 31st, the 31st she said their goal was the 1st, yesterday they said their goal was yesterday, and today she didn't even give me a goal date lol. She acknowledged that they wanted them out before the holiday, not sure it'll happen though.

They just emailed me back from a couple days ago and said that initial offers may be released early next week.

Ya I bet we won't hear anything today at all.

What I think they are doing is trying to get IUSD staff members and current IUSD students scheduled to conduct the interviews. So they have to fill those up first. Then they have to filter through people's LOR to make sure they aren't interviewed by someone who wrote a letter or may personally know the student being interviewed.

And since they are trying to make more interview spots they need more staff making it difficult to even fill those spots. i know last year's interviews they ran into that problem too since they want around 3 staff members to 1 person interviewing. They also changed last year's to a few 15 minute interviews rather than one long one. So they could be reverting back to the original way since they are adding more spots. Not sure though.

Plus the school had an issue with a flood that we just got over so the admissions office and Deans office were out for a bit. Also the clinics upstairs were out.

With combination of everything I can see why they are taking their time to send out invites.

Still have one letter from my non science professor to be revised, then I am all set. Have to wait until next Tuesday, it's gonna be the worst Labor Day I've ever had.

I got an interview!!! I didn't get an email, but my AADSAS portal says "invited for interview" so check that!

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone I've asked (in state) hasn't changed on the portal

I'm in state and I haven't been changed on the portal, and I also haven't been notified by e-mail.

Further relief haha. That makes 4 of us. Congrats to those who have the change though, I'm just not sure why they'd change it and not email yet.

Further relief haha. That makes 4 of us. Congrats to those who have the change though, I'm just not sure why they'd change it and not email yet.

Yeah I freaked out this morning haha. My friend out of state got theirs changed and my didn't so I had a mini heart attack. So it's good to know my fellow in state peers are in the same boat!

Yea them not sending an email is a bit irritating since we have to wait till Tuesday

I'm in state and haven't gotten one either and my status hasn't been changed on the portal.

Same here. Instate and haven't gotten anything. I'm sure it's something todo with making sure that they don't go over their out of state limit. Also letting out of state students know first since they will have to travel.

I know that they are required to let out of state students know at least 2 weeks in advance of interviews.

But congrats everyone!!!!!!!!!! I hope mines next!

I got an interview!!! I didn't get an email, but my AADSAS portal says "invited for interview" so check that!

What state are you from again? Also thanks for all your updates they are helpful!

Is establishing in state residency difficult?
It goes by the state you completed high school in for IUSD I believe. So while you are at IUSD you will always pay the out of state rate (around 60,000 a year or something like that).

Yeah I freaked out this morning haha. My friend out of state got theirs changed and my didn't so I had a mini heart attack. So it's good to know my fellow in state peers are in the same boat!

I freaked out as well! My heart attack always peaks when the page is loading lol. I hate that split second of loading!

Does that mean that they sent out all the interviews that they would have sent out for the out of state applicants?

Does that mean that they sent out all the interviews that they would have sent out for the out of state applicants?

I wouldn't say all. That's more than likely just the first batch of OOS interview invites. Im sure there will be plenty more as the cycle progresses!

make it 5

Reactions: 2 users
I'm OOS, my portal just changed this morning to "'Invited for Interview"! I'm not sure if this is a second round or not, but it didn't change the other day

I'm instate and it says "invited for interview"

BEST MORNING OF MY LIFE!!!

Last edited:
Nice congrats guys! Waiting on mine!

Finally!!

Congrats to everyone who got interview! Can you please share your stats

School: Indiana
Method of notification: portal
Notification Date: 9/6
Residency: Indiana
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
Under Review: 7/7
GPA (science, overall): 3.66, 3.59
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21,22,20,22, none.

School: Indiana

Method of notification: portal

Date: 9/6/2016

Residency: MI

AADSAS mailed: 7/29

Under review: 7/29

GPA: masters science and overall 3.91, undergrad 3.0 science, 3.4 overall

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Below 17?): 22,20,21,28,none

Yours changed too! Yay! Now we wait for the email! At least we can relax a bit!

Congrats! what batch were you all in and what date did you get the "under review" email? Still waiting and hoping for an invite!!

Hello all,
Just wondering if those of you who had your AADSAS status change to "invited for interview" had heard anything yet? Mine changed to that yesterday and I am hoping to hear something soon since I'll be travelling to Indianapolis from Oregon. Not sure if I want to reach out to them yet, or give them a day or two.

Congrats! what batch were you all in and what date did you get the "under review" email? Still waiting and hoping for an invite!!

Here is my time line so far from IUSD:
Application submitted: 6/5
Application mailed: 6/24
Application received: 6/30
Application under review: 7/12
AADSAS Interview invite: 9/5

Still no email indicating exactly when my interview is.

Hello all,
Just wondering if those of you who had your AADSAS status change to "invited for interview" had heard anything yet? Mine changed to that yesterday and I am hoping to hear something soon since I'll be travelling to Indianapolis from Oregon. Not sure if I want to reach out to them yet, or give them a day or two.
If you don't get an email by Friday I would call them. But since you have an invite notified on AADSAS you should be getting an email shortly allowing you to pick your interview date.

What I'm going to assume is that the instate students will get the earlier dates just because they are sending out the notices so late. Then the OOS will get further dates allowing time to travel.

Early vs later dates are nothing to be worried about since you got an invite so soon. They are just organizing it now based on how easily students can get here.

But they could possibly offer OOS multiple dates close and far out. But always remember when your interview has nothing to do with getting in or not. As long as you have an interview you have a far chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.