***The Indiana University Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have around 500 hours total over 3-1/2 years. Ranging from mostly general dentists to oral and maxillofacial surgeons.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Ya I have about the same. and about 600 hours of volunteering too.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd be fine with the 20th! Haha
it looks like it will be the week of the 22nd they will go out since Aug. 20th last year was on a weekday. this year it is on a weekend.

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked with a person in the admissions office today. He said they decided to restructure their interview process and add more slots and times, so they will not be ready to send out interview invites until August 25th or 26th at the earliest. So the earliest interviews would be the second or third week in September. So more waiting

Reactions: 1 user
I talked with a person in the admissions office today. He said they decided to restructure their interview process and add more slots and times, so they will not be ready to send out interview invites until August 25th or 26th at the earliest. So the earliest interviews would be the second or third week in September. So more waiting

Well that's good to know! - thanks for the info!

Hey guys!

Here is my time line so far from IUSD:

Application mailed: 6/24
Application received: 6/30
Application complete: 7/12

I had a hiccup with my LOR there was an electronic signature on one and it had to be a written signature. My professor got it fixed ASAP and my application was good to go the next day! I currently work at IUSD so if I hear anything ill keep everyone posted!
I have a question they receive 06/30 but why complete on 7/12??? Adea uses a mail to send our application materials or electronically?

I have a question they receive 06/30 but why complete on 7/12??? Adea uses a mail to send our application materials or electronically?

They send you an email saying they've received the physical copy (which was his 6/30), then they look at your file and once they acknowledge you've sent everything in, they'll send you an email saying that your application is complete (which was his 7/12). It's not complete until you send in everything that's required (letters of rec etc, can't remember everything off the top of my head).

Yes your correct everything gets sent in electronically however they checked over mine and noticed that one of my professors signed their LOR with an electronic signature and IUSD only accepts written signatures so at that point my application wasn't complete to their standards. I have a total of 4 LOR in so they allowed me to correct the one that didn't meet their standards instead of just looking at the 3 (making my application stronger since the one that was messed up was my research mentor of 2 years).

So it will take a few days for them to make sure everything in your electronic application is up to par with what they are asking for. Another issue could be you have 3 LOR but they aren't all from professors IUSD does not accept LOR form Doctors. Or you could be waiting for your DAT scores.

But after you received the "completed" email that lets you know your application is in a process they call "Pre-screening" you are then just waiting for the golden email that says you received an interview!

Also make sure your supplemental application is completed ASAP if this is not done your application is not even touched.

I work at IUSD Monday-Thursdays and there is a lot going on here with new construction, new students starting, and parking has changed so the interview process may be held back a bit.

Good luck with your application!

Yes your correct everything gets sent in electronically however they checked over mine and noticed that one of my professors signed their LOR with an electronic signature and IUSD only accepts written signatures so at that point my application wasn't complete to their standards. I have a total of 4 LOR in so they allowed me to correct the one that didn't meet their standards instead of just looking at the 3 (making my application stronger since the one that was messed up was my research mentor of 2 years).

So it will take a few days for them to make sure everything in your electronic application is up to par with what they are asking for. Another issue could be you have 3 LOR but they aren't all from professors IUSD does not accept LOR form Doctors. Or you could be waiting for your DAT scores.

But after you received the "completed" email that lets you know your application is in a process they call "Pre-screening" you are then just waiting for the golden email that says you received an interview!

Also make sure your supplemental application is completed ASAP if this is not done your application is not even touched.

I work at IUSD Monday-Thursdays and there is a lot going on here with new construction, new students starting, and parking has changed so the interview process may be held back a bit.

Thank you so much!

I received an email from IU said all interviews will hold in September!

Members don't see this ad :)
Like they only have interviews in September? Or they'll send out invites in September?

The original says:
Your application remains in "in progress" status. We cannot begin review of your profile until you return to the AADSAS portal and complete and submit your application. We will begin offers the the week of August for interviews beginning in September. Please attend to this matter as soon as possible.

We look forward to reviewing your completed application.

The original says:
Your application remains in "in progress" status. We cannot begin review of your profile until you return to the AADSAS portal and complete and submit your application. We will begin offers the the week of August for interviews beginning in September. Please attend to this matter as soon as possible.

Yeah this means that they START interviewing in September but interview until the class is full, whenever that is post-December. It's not just a September thing.

The original says:

That is similar to what I got. It looks like your application may have a hold on it if that was the email you received.

I stopped in to the admissions office just yesterday and she told me that interview invites might go out at the end of this week if not starting next week. She said they are still reviewing applications.

Likely if you receive an email within the next week or so you will be given a few dates to pick from in September this would be considered the "first batch" emails will then continue to go out offering interviews and batches 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on will continue. The email that I got said "We will be extending interview offers throughout the current admissions cycle which concludes in January, 2017." So if you do not receive an email stating your status or an interview invite by late December/ early January likely all of the spots have been filled at IUSD. But that is not always the case.

The batch numbers mean nothing you could be in the last batch of interviews and still get an offer. I know plenty of people that were in the last batch of interviews that got in. It just really depends on how well you interview at that point.

Good Luck Everyone! :)

That is similar to what I got. It looks like your application may have a hold on it if that was the email you received.

I stopped in to the admissions office just yesterday and she told me that interview invites might go out at the end of this week if not starting next week. She said they are still reviewing applications.

Likely if you receive an email within the next week or so you will be given a few dates to pick from in September this would be considered the "first batch" emails will then continue to go out offering interviews and batches 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on will continue. The email that I got said "We will be extending interview offers throughout the current admissions cycle which concludes in January, 2017." So if you do not receive an email stating your status or an interview invite by late December/ early January likely all of the spots have been filled at IUSD. But that is not always the case.

The batch numbers mean nothing you could be in the last batch of interviews and still get an offer. I know plenty of people that were in the last batch of interviews that got in. It just really depends on how well you interview at that point.

I e-submitted late! Still under gpa verification!!! Hopefully, I have a chance to get an interview. Really like Indiana State.

I e-submitted late! Still under gpa verification!!! Hopefully, I have a chance to get an interview. Really like Indiana State.

Hopefully that will go through ASAP. You should still be in a good position since you are applying early!

Are in an instate or out-of-state student?

I'm out of state. Does this apply to us as well? Or do they interview in state first?

I'm out of state. Does this apply to us as well? Or do they interview in state first?

If you have your application in and completed then you have the chance to be offered an interview as early as the first round. :) They do not interview by instate or out-of-state it is fair game at IUSD (from what I've heard that could be different since they are making a few changes). However there are fewer out-of-state interviews offered since IUSD is roughly %70 instate and %30 out-of-state.

IUSD has what they call a "holistic interview process" which means they will look at everything in your application not just your academics. So say you have a really high DAT but a small amount of volunteer and shadowing hours you could be just as competitive as a person with an average DAT and a crazy amount of volunteering and shadowing hours.

They are really looking for students that match up with IUSD's mission statement and have the ability to help the community. So don't be discouraged if your application is not perfect they will take their time to really look over everything and give everyone a fair chance. :)

Good Luck!

If you have your application in and completed then you have the chance to be offered an interview as early as the first round. :) They do not interview by instate or out-of-state it is fair game at IUSD (from what I've heard that could be different since they are making a few changes). However there are fewer out-of-state interviews offered since IUSD is roughly %70 instate and %30 out-of-state.

IUSD has what they call a "holistic interview process" which means they will look at everything in your application not just your academics. So say you have a really high DAT but a small amount of volunteer and shadowing hours you could be just as competitive as a person with an average DAT and a crazy amount of volunteering and shadowing hours.

They are really looking for students that match up with IUSD's mission statement and have the ability to help the community. So don't be discouraged if your application is not perfect they will take their time to really look over everything and give everyone a fair chance. :)

Good Luck!

Thank you so much!

Hopefully that will go through ASAP. You should still be in a good position since you are applying early!

Are in an instate or out-of-state student?
From New York, I graduate from Purdue!

He said they decided to restructure their interview process and add more slots and times, so they will not be ready to send out interview invites until August 25th or 26th at the earliest.

Hey, this is tomorrow!

Hey, this is tomorrow!

Yep! Im excited! I did though call up there yesterday and they're having trouble accessing AADSAS and their information. They didn't say if it will push it back even further or not but let's hope for the best! I'd be surprised though if they start this Friday, I honestly think it'll be next week unfortunately but we will see!

IU change their admitted student stat of class 2020: AA:19.64 TS:19.34 Only two kids from NY.......I want to their stats....

IU change their admitted student stat of class 2020: AA:19.64 TS:19.34 Only two kids from NY.......I want to their stats....
I can't speak for the NY applicants specifically, but all OOS stats were ~3.6GPA ~20AA, so they will be somewhere in that ballpark.

Will tomorrow be the day? :eek:

Did anyone get an interview invite from IUSD???? This waiting game is so painful! I've checked my email over 25 times today. lol

Did anyone get an interview invite from IUSD???? This waiting game is so painful! I've checked my email over 25 times today. lol

Not yet. The way they talked it would be the end of the week possibly.

Not yet. The way they talked it would be the end of the week possibly.

Ohh ok I guess that makes sense with all of the issues they have been running into . When I went into the office they said they wanted them out ASAP. However they said they were making changes and it could hold up the process.

Ohh ok I guess that makes sense with all of the issues they have been running into . When I went into the office they said they wanted them out ASAP. However they said they were making changes and it could hold up the process.

That's the same thing they told me. Last week they had issues accessing AADSAS. They also changed their interview process so hopefully we hear back soon.

That's the same thing they told me. Last week they had issues accessing AADSAS. They also changed their interview process so hopefully we hear back soon.

Well that's good we are hearing the same thing. Thank you for your input!

I can relax a bit and not check my email as much lol!

I called again this morning and she said the same thing, "The goal is by the end of August, but we're not sure". So who knows.. It'd be really nice to get my first invite from my dream school.

The lady from student affairs said their new goal is September 1st, so tomorrow hopefully??

The lady from student affairs said their new goal is September 1st, so tomorrow hopefully??

Since I work at the school I'm able to see the exact dates that they set for interviews however they haven't sent out interview invites.

I've been hearing September 1st is when they are planning to send out the invites as well. Fingers are crossed!

Hey guys!

Here is my time line so far from IUSD:

Application mailed: 6/24
Application received: 6/30
Application complete: 7/12

I had a hiccup with my LOR there was an electronic signature on one and it had to be a written signature. My professor got it fixed ASAP and my application was good to go the next day! I currently work at IUSD so if I hear anything ill keep everyone posted!
I have the same problem, it need a signature in pdf format. Email or fax them!!!

I have the same problem, it need a signature in pdf format. Email or fax them!!!
Did they email you saying there was a problem with you LOR? If so you have the person who wrote the letter fix it then email it back to them. Your not supposed to see the letter or deliver it in anyway.

I'm in the same boat. My one professor is ancient and rarely checks his email and I need the letter resubbed. He also switched schools over the summer so I'm in the process of hunting him down. I just hope I can get in touch with him or else that's money wasted.

I'm in the same boat. My one professor is ancient and rarely checks his email and I need the letter resubbed. He also switched schools over the summer so I'm in the process of hunting him down. I just hope I can get in touch with him or else that's money wasted.

do you only have 3 LOR?

Did they email you saying there was a problem with you LOR? If so you have the person who wrote the letter fix it then email it back to them. Your not supposed to see the letter or deliver it in anyway.
They email me to tell the professors to do so. I am so embarrassed to tell my professor doing this stupid things. Why they have this weird requirements.

They made me do the same thing earlier this summer, but I didn't know anything about it until I called them. They said one professor didn't have it on official letterhead and it needed to be or else my app wouldn't be complete. I Didn't fully understand that since they signed it and uploaded it but I quickly got it fixed.

They email me to tell the professors to do so. I am so embarrassed to tell my professor doing this stupid things. Why they have this weird requirements.
Ya I know what you mean. Plus it just adds to the stress of the whole situation. But hopefully once that's done it's all down hill!

Status
Not open for further replies.