Application "complete": 7/7
*wait 3-6 weeks*
Interview invite: 9/6

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You know I'm IN!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping for the best (and to stay in state)

IU received my application from AADSAS today. Now we wait! :corny:

A couple days ago I got a call from an Indianapolis number, my first thought? Maybe this is IU calling to offer me an interview invite. I answer the phone, "Hello.. This is the Indiana University School of Dentistry.............*dramatic pause* calling to remind you of your cleaning appointment on x date". I hate this waiting game! Hahah

Hoping to hear back from IU within the next few weeks!

They're usually around August 20th, based on previous years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah that's what Dr. Peterson mentioned when I called up there last week. The wait is killing me!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm praying that week is nothing but good news, I only applied to 6 schools in surrounding states and they all mostly send around the same time :eek:

Just noticed on AADSAS, school decisions:

07/07/2016
Received/Application Complete

Hey guys!

Here is my time line so far from IUSD:

Application mailed: 6/24
Application received: 6/30
Application complete: 7/12

I had a hiccup with my LOR there was an electronic signature on one and it had to be a written signature. My professor got it fixed ASAP and my application was good to go the next day! I currently work at IUSD so if I hear anything ill keep everyone posted!

Hey guys!

Here is my time line so far from IUSD:

Application mailed: 6/24
Application received: 6/30
Application complete: 7/12

I had a hiccup with my LOR there was an electronic signature on one and it had to be a written signature. My professor got it fixed ASAP and my application was good to go the next day! I currently work at IUSD so if I hear anything ill keep everyone posted!

Let us know! What do you do for your work? I'm here right now for a cleaning hahah

Current student at IUSD. If you have any questions, let me know!

I'm OOS too. How favorable are they about OOS? What were your stats?

It's roughly 70:30 IS to OOS, so they accept a good number of OOS residents. I had a 3.4 and 20 with a large amount of shadowing, volunteer, and research hours.

It's roughly 70:30 IS to OOS, so they accept a good number of OOS residents. I had a 3.4 and 20 with a large amount of shadowing, volunteer, and research hours.

Sweet! That gives me hope. I have a 3.7 and a 19. Is the cost outrageous for OOS?

Tuition is ~$70k for OOS/year. It it better than most private schools, and fairly average for public OOS cost. Indianapolis isn't a super expensive place to live (unless you decide to live downtown.... don't do that haha). All in all, I'd say I spend ~$80k/year with living and tuition. So, definitely not great, but could be much worse. I.e. Tufts, NYU, USC, etc...

Reactions: 1 users
What was your timeline in regards to AADSAS complete, mailed, received, and DAT received?

I was second batch, so early/mid June is when it was completed and sent. I don't remember exact dates on all the other stuff, but I'd imagine around that time, too.

Current student at IUSD. If you have any questions, let me know!

21 AA, 3.59 sGPA / 3.66 cGPA. Research on application. In state. How do I look for IU?

21 AA, 3.59 sGPA / 3.66 cGPA. Research on application. In state. How do I look for IU?
You'll most likely get an interview, so do well on that. Hard to say anything past that.

What's the interview style?

Ours was a few one on one interviews. I assume it will be the same, but I can't swear to that. It really is a fun day, and it is very laid back. Just be yourself (I know that is the most cliche thing to say, but it is so true), know your personal statement, know why IU is a good fit for you and why you're a good fit for IU, and know why you want to be a dentist. Make sure all your answers are genuine and not just you trying to tell everyone what you think they want to hear.

Ours was a few one on one interviews. I assume it will be the same, but I can't swear to that. It really is a fun day, and it is very laid back. Just be yourself (I know that is the most cliche thing to say, but it is so true), know your personal statement, know why IU is a good fit for you and why you're a good fit for IU, and know why you want to be a dentist. Make sure all your answers are genuine and not just you trying to tell everyone what you think they want to hear.

Thanks!

I am trying to fill out supplemental online but I don't know what is External Application number? is that AADSAS ID?

Still waiting for gpa verification and do I have a chance if I apply late in September? Got my bachelor degree at Purdue.

Last edited:
How long does their supplemental take to complete? Is it essay questions?

How long does their supplemental take to complete? Is it essay questions?

10 minutes, it's just like signing up to be a graduate student a Indiana University. Basic background information and a fee.

Did you call them and ask them?

Yeah I've called them multiple times over the last few weeks to check on updates and every time they said that about interview notifications (the waiting's been killing me haha).

How may hours has everyone shadowed a dentist?

Yeah I've called them multiple times over the last few weeks to check on updates and every time they said that about interview notifications (the waiting's been killing me haha).

So did they say they will begin sending out on the 20th or they won't send out any until after the 20th (or in other words it'll be sometime after the 20th)?

So did they say they will begin sending out on the 20th or they won't send out any until after the 20th (or in other words it'll be sometime after the 20th)?

They said in the past they start sending things out on the 20th. The 20th though is a Saturday this year so it makes me wonder if it will be a few days after the 20th until we hear something.

They said in the past they start sending things out on the 20th. The 20th though is a Saturday this year so it makes me wonder if it will be a few days after the 20th until we hear something.

I'd be fine with the 20th! Haha

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.