Texas Tech (Lubbock) c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So the reality that i'm moving is starting to hit... leaving my boyfriend behind is not going to be fun... :( I won't go into all the details, but... i know i will definitely need friends in lubbock... Girls night out perhaps? (or anyone that wants to hang out lol)

i'm in for a man-less girls night!!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

So the reality that i'm moving is starting to hit... leaving my boyfriend behind is not going to be fun... :( I won't go into all the details, but... i know i will definitely need friends in lubbock... Girls night out perhaps? (or anyone that wants to hang out lol)

I think we should have a girls night out for sure!

count me in! I definitely know what you mean about moving, it'll be hard for me to leave behind all my friends I've made the past 6 years here, not to mention most of my extended family! But it will definitely be an adventure, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sad to leave my girls behind here. I have the most amazing best friends....I'll definitely be in dire need of some margaritas when I get to Lubbock. :)

In other news, we close on our house June 24th and move the next weekend!! :D

In other news, we close on our house June 24th and move the next weekend!! :D

woah! that's crazy soon!!!!! (well actually, i guess it's not that early; we're getting close peeps!! :scared:)

all this girl-talk, sheesh.

guys - scotch, cigars, and poker at my place.

all this girl-talk, sheesh.

guys - scotch, cigars, and poker at my place.

Hahaha. Fine y'all can do boy stuff, were getting pedicures.

Or:

Group round of golf followed by beer and BBQ. I could do that.

Or:

Is that golf of the mini variety??? If not who is teaching me? I can't hit a ball more than maybe 20 feet!

I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who can't golf :)

I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who can't golf :)

me neither...
when my little sister and I were about 4 and 7 y/o, respectively, we were goofing off with my dad's clubs in the back yard, and she walked right up behind me as I attempted to hit the ball... missed the ball. hit her face.

ever since, she's had a dimple on one-side.

needless to say, neither of us have ever "golfed" since.

Members don't see this ad :)

Or:

now that also sounds like a superb day combining three of my favorite things.

I must offer one suggestion though. Let's make it beer and golf followed by beer and BBQ.

me neither...
when my little sister and I were about 4 and 7 y/o, respectively, we were goofing off with my dad's clubs in the back yard, and she walked right up behind me as I attempted to hit the ball... missed the ball. hit her face.

taking a mental note to not to try and teach maggie how to golf.

me neither...

I have a scar on my forehead from my cousin's driver. :luck:

now that also sounds like a superb day combining three of my favorite things.

I must offer one suggestion though. Let's make it beer and golf followed by beer and BBQ.

How about beer followed by beer and then beer? Did I miss anything?

a month from now will be my last day at work. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

just officially approved for quail creek as well. :thumbup: let me know if anyone wants to help move couches, W/D on the 17th. ;)

My last day is next saturday (the 20th) YAY! I move in technically on the 2nd but will only be there for a day, then will head back to southeast texas to see family/boyfriend/friends.

Yay for Quail Creek... so now it's Me, Natrod, and Gobaylor...any other quail creek people?

Gobaylor, if i'm in lubbock on the 17th I can help :) Are you moving by yourself? that wouldn't be very fun. I recruited my dad & boyfriend to help me.

I think I'll end up taking a good look at Quail Creek when I head up there...

Does anyone know when tuition and immunization records are due?

Does anyone know when tuition and immunization records are due?

if you are paying for tuition with loans (which i'm betting 99% of us will be) then the tuition is automatically taken from your loan before you even see it. so you don't have to worry about "paying" it. If you aren't using loans i have no clue.

In one mailing they said immunizations were due by like...june. but if you read again it also says you can do it at the HSC hospital at Tech (prior to the 1st day of class). So for all of us procrastinators there is still time :)

I got a shot/TB test and titers started this morning.. My shoulder is sore. :thumbdown:

Anyone remember what titres we need for the immunization requirements?

I got a shot/TB test and titers started this morning.. My shoulder is sore. :thumbdown:

that tetanus one is always a bitch

Gobaylor, if i'm in lubbock on the 17th I can help :) Are you moving by yourself? that wouldn't be very fun. I recruited my dad & boyfriend to help me.

Parents are going to be helping, but it'll be a challenge to get some of my stuff to the second floor with just them helping. Brother had hernia surgery last week, so he's sort of been advised against lifting for a while.

For anyone sporting mobile devices with Wi-fi (wireless internet) access, I just called the TTUHSC IT department regarding what they support. Their FAQ looks to be a little outdated, since it lists the Dell Axim X3i or X30, HP iPAQ 5550/5555, Palm Tungsten C as being supported. To give some perspective, I bought the x30 direct from Dell, new, in the summer of 2004. :eek:

Anyways, after talking some more, the guy did mention Windows Mobile, Blackberries, and the iPhone as being supported. Even devices that run other OSes should work (not sure of the level of encryption required, WPA or WPA2?), but any handheld device to be used on the wireless network has to be brought in and registered with them first.

So I just got back from the doctor's office to get my titers and TB test. I am very concerned about if they are actually doing what I need, since no one seemed to know what a titer was and the doctor had never heard of doing a 2 step TB test. He had to google it to see how it was done. It was awesome...

On a happier note, 0nly 29 more days until I quit my job!!!

Oh and GoBaylor, I would totally come help you move in and drag my husband along with me, but one of my friends is getting married that day in Colorado and I promised I'd be there!

I am very concerned about if they are actually doing what I need, since no one seemed to know what a titer was and the doctor had never heard of doing a 2 step TB test. He had to google it to see how it was done. It was awesome...

I didn't get the 2 step TB test either... but I had one done at a hospital less than a year ago so I am going to just hand them the forms I have from Children's here and see if they say anything

And I am waiting on titers til Tech... my doctor knows about it but it is soo much more expensive and my insurance wouldn't cover it (we already have enough trouble trying to convince them that the bloodwork we have to run every 3 months for my endocrine disease is needed).

any handheld device to be used on the wireless network has to be brought in and registered with them first.

that seems a little excessive.

Oh and GoBaylor, I would totally come help you move in and drag my husband along with me, but one of my friends is getting married that day in Colorado and I promised I'd be there!

you are excused :thumbup:

So I just got back from the doctor's office to get my titers and TB test. I am very concerned about if they are actually doing what I need, since no one seemed to know what a titer was and the doctor had never heard of doing a 2 step TB test. He had to google it to see how it was done. It was awesome...

wow... was this an old doctor? I find it hard to believe he/she hadn't heard of the 2 step TB test... it is standard in almost all healthcare fields. Did they draw blood for the titers? I might be wrong, but i'm pretty sure the titer is a blood test to check for antibodies (meaning you got what you needed to from the immunizations when you were younger). Perhaps you taught this doc a thing or two :)

Well, his diplomas on the wall said he finished residency in '86, so he's not really that old. I was in shock when he said that he had never heard of doing 2 steps for the TB test. I'm pretty sure we got the titers set up right, after I explained more in detail what they were supposed to test for, they did draw my blood. That's what I get for going to the little clinic in the middle of nowhere near where I work. :)

Well, his diplomas on the wall said he finished residency in '86, so he's not really that old. I was in shock when he said that he had never heard of doing 2 steps for the TB test. I'm pretty sure we got the titers set up right, after I explained more in detail what they were supposed to test for, they did draw my blood. That's what I get for going to the little clinic in the middle of nowhere near where I work. :)

Gotta love CME!

Wednesday was my LAST day of work!! :) I'm really enjoying this, I think I'll just drop out of Tech and be a Class A Bum.

I hate injections....I'm really procrastinating all of this. :p

Wednesday was my LAST day of work!! :) I'm really enjoying this, I think I'll just drop out of Tech and be a Class A Bum.

I hate injections....I'm really procrastinating all of this. :p
Yeah, it's nice for a little while, but I think I would go crazy with boredom after a few weeks without work or school. But you have a wedding to plan, so you definitely won't be bored! When is the big day anyway?

has anybody done anything to move forward with receiving their loan or financial aid? I found my award notification but am not sure what I need to do past that.

has anybody done anything to move forward with receiving their loan or financial aid? I found my award notification but am not sure what I need to do past that.

after getting a webraider account. log onto your account (also where you'll do registration and other things) find the financial aid section. You can accept any awards there and there will be instructions on what to do and a link to the tgslc website which you'll apply for the loans.

definitely not the least confusing process ever.

Yeah, it's nice for a little while, but I think I would go crazy with boredom after a few weeks without work or school. But you have a wedding to plan, so you definitely won't be bored! When is the big day anyway?

July 18! We'll be back from St. Lucia 2 days before orientation. :p This was all definitely planned PRIOR to being accepted or I would have made that 2 days more like a week.

July 18! We'll be back from St. Lucia 2 days before orientation. :p This was all definitely planned PRIOR to being accepted or I would have made that 2 days more like a week.
Congratulations! It'll be pretty hectic for you but in my opinion it's worth it!

So I found netter's flashcards online for 10 dollars (brand new!) so i ordered them. Today I was off of work (for the 3rd day in a row) and bored out of my mind, so i headed to the local coffee shop with my shiny new computer. (I never took anatomy, so i figured i'd brush up on what i could) I feel like such a dork and i know this feeling won't last long when i actually HAVE to be studying, but this is so much fun!!!! :laugh:

So I found netter's flashcards online for 10 dollars (brand new!) so i ordered them. Today I was off of work (for the 3rd day in a row) and bored out of my mind, so i headed to the local coffee shop with my shiny new computer. (I never took anatomy, so i figured i'd brush up on what i could) I feel like such a dork and i know this feeling won't last long when i actually HAVE to be studying, but this is so much fun!!!! :laugh:

I just picked up my first two study materials for the fall as well.

Phil Steele's College Football and Dave Campbell's Texas Football. My excitement level is somewhere between :banana: and :soexcited:

I just picked up my first two study materials for the fall as well.

Phil Steele's College Football and Dave Campbell's Texas Football. My excitement level is somewhere between :banana: and :soexcited:
:thumbup: How do they predict the big 12 south?

Where did you buy them? I'm definitely not studying this summer...trying to enjoy some precious free time now. I do want to start getting a few things to spread out the cost.

:thumbup: How do they predict the big 12 south?

I'll have to put some studying in tonight after work. I know studying on a friday night in the summer, what a loser. :cool:

Pretty sure it was this when I flipped through it during lunch.

UT
okie
okie lite
Tech
Baylor
aggy

Where did you buy them? I'm definitely not studying this summer...trying to enjoy some precious free time now. I do want to start getting a few things to spread out the cost.

Seriously, there is NO WAY I am studying this summer. I haven't had A&P either, but that's not making me study my last free moments, lol.

What is everybody buying study and book-wise?

I think I'll get the Anatomy cards on my iPhone - seems economical and "green" to me. :) lol

I got the flashcards through an Ebay auction (no one else bid ha ha ha). I got all of my anatomy books through half.com though. Got all of them for bout 160 or so. (loooots cheaper than from a bookstore).

I'll have to put some studying in tonight after work. I know studying on a friday night in the summer, what a loser. :cool:

Pretty sure it was this when I flipped through it during lunch.

UT
okie
okie lite
Tech
Baylor
aggy

Do they seriously think OK- State will be above Tech??? I find that hard to believe! I think the fight between UT, Okie, and Tech will be tight!

Who is ready for some football games??? I am from a non-football undergrad and am planning my study schedule around football!