Texas Tech (Lubbock) c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do they seriously think OK- State will be above Tech??? I find that hard to believe! I think the fight between UT, Okie, and Tech will be tight!

Who is ready for some football games??? I am from a non-football undergrad and am planning my study schedule around football!

Although I will be rooting for the red raiders (much to my wife's chagrin...Longhorn) I think tech will be down from last year. OK St is returning a lot and should be fighting for the 3rd slot.

I really hope I have time to watch a lot of football too!

Members don't see this ad.

So I got an e-mail last night from Dr. Kellaway at UTH.. Just wanted to let everyone here know.. It was hard to be too excited knowing that I won't be going to school with you guys and everyone I met at spring training, but I'm sure we'll stay in touch somehow. Good luck to everyone! :thumbup:

So I got an e-mail last night from Dr. Kellaway at UTH.. Just wanted to let everyone here know.. It was hard to be too excited knowing that I won't be going to school with you guys and everyone I met at spring training, but I'm sure we'll stay in touch somehow. Good luck to everyone! :thumbup:

You better have an open couch (& bottle of scotch) if I decide to do a visiting rotation in houston. Hate to see you go, but congrats and best of luck!:)

Members don't see this ad :)

enjoy the traffic :thumbup:

seriously best of luck though.

Do they seriously think OK- State will be above Tech??? I find that hard to believe! I think the fight between UT, Okie, and Tech will be tight!

Who is ready for some football games??? I am from a non-football undergrad and am planning my study schedule around football!

as gramps said, Tech will be down. Last year was their best year ever. Also, everyone else in the division outside of maybe OU will be better than last year. If they get to 8 wins it's going to be a good season.

as gramps said, Tech will be down. Last year was their best year ever. Also, everyone else in the division outside of maybe OU will be better than last year. If they get to 8 wins it's going to be a good season.

I watched a football season preview on Fox College Sports and they said Tech could contend... I feel like Tech has a strong group coming up- I believe it will all hinge on how well the new QB takes charge; apparently his arm is one of the strongest in the NCAA. I am still not sure about OSU but I agree UT will be stronger and I think OU will be about the same. I would not rule Tech out yet for a BCS Bowl game (maybe not a championship game though)- should be fun... and hey we can always count on a win against A&M right???

Awww, well we will miss you!! =(

CONGRATS, though. That's really great!

Congrats Aggie08. Can't believe u'll be leaving the gang but then you're closer to home, so good for you.

On another note,Can someone tell how to proceed once you get the notification about the student loan? Thanks.

Congrats Aggie08. Can't believe u'll be leaving the gang but then you're closer to home, so good for you.

On another note,Can someone tell how to proceed once you get the notification about the student loan? Thanks.

Hmm....I'm not going anywhere. =P It's TigerLSU!

Hmm....I'm not going anywhere. =P It's TigerLSU!

lol, i almost had a panic attack when i saw that.. ("Another one leaving?!?!)

glad you cleared that up quick, Aggie! :D

congrats to Tiger and Maverick!!! We'll miss you, but I know you'll have an awesome time next year!!! :hardy:

random fact of the day: just realized the first anatomy exam is on my birthday. :laugh:

happy birthday to me :thumbdown:

random fact of the day: just realized the first anatomy exam is on my birthday. :laugh:

that bites... but just think of all the people who will be willing to throw a party for you that night!

lol, i almost had a panic attack when i saw that.. ("Another one leaving?!?!)

glad you cleared that up quick, Aggie! :D

congrats to Tiger and Maverick!!! We'll miss you, but I know you'll have an awesome time next year!!! :hardy:

Hahaha - what if I got in somewhere else, decided to leave Tech and only told one of you. That'd be messed up.

Don't forget utjsm08!

that bites... but just think of all the people who will be willing to throw a party for you that night!

No joke! At least it's not the day before the test!! We'll have a huge birthday/ first tests over party!! :) I'm excited already. In other news be watching for my "first anatomy exam" shirt which I bought off the sale rack at the mall 2 days ago. :) It has NOTHING to do with anatomy, but will hopefully improve class morale.

Last edited:
No joke! At least it's not the day before the test!! We'll have a huge birthday/ first tests over party!! :) I'm excited already.

If the party happens to be at some restaurant or something, let us not forget that we will probably stink up the place something fierce coming from anatomy lab... :cool: Celebrating our desensitized noses! !:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)

We definitely have to plan something for that night! At least the test is not the day after your birthday.

Hey thanks for the congrats! After some serious thought, I think that I am going to accept SA afterall. I'm sorry I didn't make it out to spring training and get to meet many of you...but good luck to everyone this year, and I hope my seat goes to somebody still waiting to get in this cycle!

So...I am going up to Lubbock this weekend to look for an apartment. I wasn't able to attend spring training and need some direction for my apartment search. Would yall mind posting where you have signed leases or know where alot of med students live??

So...I am going up to Lubbock this weekend to look for an apartment. I wasn't able to attend spring training and need some direction for my apartment search. Would yall mind posting where you have signed leases or know where alot of med students live??
I'm signed up at Quail Creek, I also know of people at Parkridge Place and Las Colinas. All 3 give discounts to medical students.

I am at Las Colinas... again Parkridge and Quail Creek are other popular. I was also told Springfield and Ashton Pointe were popular (but much more expensive)

I'm at ashton pointe. It's nice, but kind of $$. Wouldn't be living there if I didn't have a roommate.

Parkridge Place! Come party with me! I've heard there are quite a lot of first years living there next year so we should have a nice little study group if we wanted. Good luck with the apartment search!

Are A&M peeps allowed to come in here and say hi? Reading through this it looks like you guys have a fun class. Good luck to everyone on their upcoming moves.

the southwest side of town seems to be preferred by most med/grad/law students.

The quail creek/parkridge/las colinas trio is very popular because of the discount offered to med students. parkridge might be the only one with any units left though.

I ended up at quail creek, but oakridge was the other complex I seriously considered. A little cheaper, great workout set up, etc. The enclave was under consideration until I realized the kitchens must have been converted closets. If you don't cook like I do, it might not be such a big deal.

the closer you get to campus the more undergrady and more expensive you get as well as an alleged increase car break-ins. Depending on what you are used to having as a commute, the at very worst 15 minute drive I'm estimating from the southwest isn't bad at all.

Just grab a 'lubbock apartments' magazine from somewhere and go to town.

Are A&M peeps allowed to come in here and say hi? Reading through this it looks like you guys have a fun class. Good luck to everyone on their upcoming moves.

We don't discriminate...until game day this fall!:smuggrin:

the southwest side of town seems to be preferred by most med/grad/law students.

The quail creek/parkridge/las colinas trio is very popular because of the discount offered to med students. parkridge might be the only one with any units left though.

I ended up at quail creek, but oakridge was the other complex I seriously considered. A little cheaper, great workout set up, etc. The enclave was under consideration until I realized the kitchens must have been converted closets. If you don't cook like I do, it might not be such a big deal.

the closer you get to campus the more undergrady and more expensive you get as well as an alleged increase car break-ins. Depending on what you are used to having as a commute, the at very worst 15 minute drive I'm estimating from the southwest isn't bad at all.

Just grab a 'lubbock apartments' magazine from somewhere and go to town.

True about being close to campus--always a bad idea if you plan on studying at home at night. I think Parkridge Place is out of available 1-bedroom units, but with the 100/month discount, a 2 BR ends up only being like 650 per month, which isn't bad. Someone I know apparently snagged the last one..sorry y'all. Also, I think the other two I believe are full. I also would not recommend Enclave--it looks mighty nice online, but those pics must be a century old. It's gross.

I've heard Ashton Pt and Springfield were very popular among med/grad students; both are on the northwest end of town, outside the loop. Both are gated, so break-ins aren't much of an issue. And, yes, the gates are closed all the time, unlike some of the apartments I looked at which claimed they were gated but the gates were never shut...what's the point?? Anyway, 1-bedrooms run like 650-750, which isn't too bad for lubbock. If y'all want cheaper, then my recommendation is Savannah Oaks--it was the only place in the 500-600 range that was actually clean and seemed safe.

I am flying to Amarillo tomorrow to head to the diabetes camp on Sunday! I will see everyone in a week- don't talk about too much without me!

Just finished my last shift as a waitress... ever! :D Now, 2 weeks to get everything together and then I MOVE to LUBBOCK!!! (followed by traveling around texas seeing family/friends before school starts)

Friday we were boarding our dogs in The Woodlands and one of them jumped the fence and is now lost. They are like our children, we are completely devastated. If you're religious could you send some prayers for her safety our way? If not - happy thoughts that she might be found would be great, too.

yjmVsHNetlxnaygrYwC0cU6Mo1_400.jpg

I don't know if anyone even had time to see this, but by some sort of miracle I found my dog tonight in the woods in the middle of The Woodlands. Amazing. Thank you all for your thoughts.

I don't know if anyone even had time to see this, but by some sort of miracle I found my dog tonight in the woods in the middle of The Woodlands. Amazing. Thank you all for your thoughts.

whoa, that's pretty awesome.:highfive:

Quiet in here lately. What's everyone up to??

doing waaay too much work recently here. should have taken a longer vacation. :thumbdown:

only 11 more days.

Age of Empires II, and today, Age of Empires I. :whistle: Also been reading, but non-science stuff (history instead).

Oh, the above all coincides with avoiding the burning heat and sun.......

I started packing too. 1 week until I technically move in!

I decided moving in July isn't going to be very fun with these temperatures. The high today in college station is over 102... lots of water & powerade I suppose.

I started packing too. 1 week until I technically move in!

I decided moving in July isn't going to be very fun with these temperatures. The high today in college station is over 102... lots of water & powerade I suppose.

It has been SO hot this summer. I think it was 96* already at 10am this morning. Crazy.

We closed on our house yesterday! :) Moving in Sunday!

has anyone figured out how to enroll in the health insurance plan through the school?

Does anyone know when we can start using Tech's Rec center? Looks like they base "membership" off of the undergrad semesters... I am reallllly missing the gym and cannot wait to get back to working out.

All packed up and heading to Lubbock tomorrow. Can't believe the time has come. So weird.

Does anyone know when we can start using Tech's Rec center? Looks like they base "membership" off of the undergrad semesters... I am reallllly missing the gym and cannot wait to get back to working out.

you can start using it when you get your Tech ID, and just to give you a heads up about some confusion later on, you'll have two ID's. One will be a Texas Tech ID which will have an "R" number which is going to be basically your ID number. You'll use this card for the rec, going to games, or anything else tech related. You'll also have a TTUHSC ID which is the one that will basically identify you as being a HSC person of some sort. It will be the one you use to get into the building after hours and wear when you are doing clinical stuff, oh yea, you have to have this ID on you when you are at school any time. You'll get the IDs during orientation.

anyone completed this online safety training course we have to do? if so, where did you get your ID number that starts with an "R"???

see y'all in a month!!

anyone completed this online safety training course we have to do? if so, where did you get your ID number that starts with an "R"???

see y'all in a month!!

if you log into the web raider thing and click on tech student tab it is down towards lower right corner in box... its your Raider ID.