Texas Tech Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed March 4 (rescheduled from Feb. 4) and received and acceptance email yesterday... We were told that they would try and accelerate the application process for those that had to reschedule so maybe that has something to do with it.

Members don't see this ad.

I think its safe to assume either being rejected or waitlisted as of now.

GPA got you the interview so GPA is good. Its probably the interview...

Or, your interview was pretty good but other people had better interview. You cannot really judge what went wrong. Its complicated and frustrating.

Have you heard anything from U of H?

LOL I didn't even get an interview with UH.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed March 4 (rescheduled from Feb. 4) and received and acceptance email yesterday... We were told that they would try and accelerate the application process for those that had to reschedule so maybe that has something to do with it.

I was a reschedule too but I was rescheduled to Feb 18th. Maybe they just really didn't like me. I thought my interview went well but I guess you can't really measure that yourself.

Yeah I'm pretty excited. =)

I'm sure you will hear something soon. I'm crossing my fingers for ya.

Contrats.... to those who got accepted.
I am not accepted to any school. still waiting................:oops:

yep....so ima say around may 2nd i will get a rejection letter..

I think someone here said that even if we go on the waiting list, we will be receiving an email saying that we r on waiting list ! Is that true? I havent received anything yet!

I think someone here said that even if we go on the waiting list, we will be receiving an email saying that we r on waiting list ! Is that true? I havent received anything yet!

I think the committee meets and compiles the waiting list in the following weeks. If you are on the list, you get the email. Otherwise if not, then you get a denial letter in the mail around May 2nd

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah as of now you were either given an offer, put on the waitlist or put on the denial list. Offers were already given so emails will be sent out about the waitlist and denial list.

Texas tech has the longest admissions process ever. Application, interview and hearing back all takes a long time.

Texas tech has the longest admissions process ever. Application, interview and hearing back all takes a long time.

The application didn't take that long and they were really quick about the interview invitations! Don't lose hope the wait will be worth it if tx tech is your school

I don't know where you guys are getting the idea of a denial list. Have you been told of this by the admissions registrar? Unless it's changed this year, Tech has never had a denial list. Your status should update once all offers are sent. If you are super nice and try and get in good with the person who conducts the interview process at the campus, they might be able to tell you where you lie on the waitlist. I know from when I applied, UofH told us our exact our ranking if we were within the top 25 of the waitlist.

You guys have to stay positive about the school if you hope it to be your first choice. Complaining about the process doesn't help. Again, I always go back to the example of one of my classmates not getting until two days before bootcamp. His whole life was upside down for a little bit, but I can positively say he's at the top of our class.

My advice to those who've had past interviews from the same school, ask them what you specifically need to improve on to better your application for the next year. I know I hate the feeling of not getting any feedback and not knowing where I need improvement.

Keep your head up guys. It's not the end of the road. ;)

My bad, I wasn't trying to be offensive or anything. Just stressed.

You shouldn't be. Didn't you say you got accepted into A&M? I realize that Tech might be your first choice, but look at the bright side of things. You're in pharmacy school! Try not to stress over this! I know when I was still waiting, the acceptance came totally unexpected. IT was a good feeling :) Don't lose hope.

Yeah I was accepted to A&M. Tech was my first choice though. I am still grateful that I got into a pharmacy school though.

I don't know where you guys are getting the idea of a denial list. Have you been told of this by the admissions registrar? Unless it's changed this year, Tech has never had a denial list. Your status should update once all offers are sent. If you are super nice and try and get in good with the person who conducts the interview process at the campus, they might be able to tell you where you lie on the waitlist. I know from when I applied, UofH told us our exact our ranking if we were within the top 25 of the waitlist.

You guys have to stay positive about the school if you hope it to be your first choice. Complaining about the process doesn't help. Again, I always go back to the example of one of my classmates not getting until two days before bootcamp. His whole life was upside down for a little bit, but I can positively say he's at the top of our class.

My advice to those who've had past interviews from the same school, ask them what you specifically need to improve on to better your application for the next year. I know I hate the feeling of not getting any feedback and not knowing where I need improvement.

Keep your head up guys. It's not the end of the road. ;)

last year when i applied they sent a letter stating that i was no longer in consideration for seat...i never got a email or a letter about a waiting list option.

I called Abilene, they informed me that the last batch of letters would be sent out this Friday. Keep your heads up everybody.

I called Abilene, they informed me that the last batch of letters would be sent out this Friday. Keep your heads up everybody.

I just called the letters went out already last friday.....not this coming friday...

last year when i applied they sent a letter stating that i was no longer in consideration for seat...i never got a email or a letter about a waiting list option.

Same here.... Followed whatever the advisors told us to do so but ...... oh well.

Did they give you a specific date?

He told me by Friday 04/08 but maybe before then. I just did not want people losing hope with the other quotes that said all letters have been sent out. There are more offer letters being sent out this week, so hold tight !

He told me by Friday 04/08 but maybe before then. I just did not want people losing hope with the other quotes that said all letters have been sent out. There are more offer letters being sent out this week, so hold tight !

Who did you talk to? I called and talked to Mr Mike in Amarillo and he told me they are working on the waitlist now because they offered all the seats to fill the class...

Who did you talk to? I called and talked to Mr Mike in Amarillo and he told me they are working on the waitlist now because they offered all the seats to fill the class...

i called yesterday to talk to Mr Schwettman but he was in a meeting with the advisors. someone took my information down and said that someone would call me back but no phone call yet.
i kinda feel ......dont wana say it..

i called yesterday to talk to Mr Schwettman but he was in a meeting with the advisors. someone took my information down and said that someone would call me back but no phone call yet.
i kinda feel ......dont wana say it..

Call him thursday to see if you are on the waitlist. I talked to him already. He was pretty nice and helpful.

At this point, I would not stress over Tech. Atleast we all tried our best. OU is closer to Dallas so thats a great alternative. :laugh:

I called Mike Nall in Abilene and he told me there were more letters being sent out this week. After reading these conflicting posts, I thought I might have heard him wrong so I e-mailed him. Instead of just e-mailing me back, he called me to tell me that I had heard him right and there are going to be letters sent out this week. I don't know if Amarillo and Abilene send their own letters or what, but he sounded pretty adamant that there would be letters sent out.

I'm in! Got the acceptance email! Interviewed March 11 in Abilene. Can't wait to see which campus in the letter! Good luck to everyone else : )

I'm in! Got the acceptance email! Interviewed March 11 in Abilene. Can't wait to see which campus in the letter! Good luck to everyone else : )

Congratulations ! I bet you are so excited ! That means they are sending the e-mails today, hopefully they didn't send them all at the same time. What time was your e-mail sent? Crossing my fingers !

Congratulations ! I bet you are so excited ! That means they are sending the e-mails today, hopefully they didn't send them all at the same time. What time was your e-mail sent? Crossing my fingers !

Very excited : ) got the email this morning at 9:30. Hope everyone gets some closure on their apps!

Anyone else hear anything? I haven't heard back from them. Congrats trixiepogo!!!

Anyone interested in taking a trip to abilene? Me and couple of other students are planning a trip for the april 23rd weekend. And it would be great if more people can join us.

do they tell people if they are on the wait list?

What I heard is that there are about 80 people :eek: on the waitlist right now.. You will get an email asking if you want to be on the list in a day or two.. Then based on that the list will be finalized.

So if we don't get an e-mail then that means we are rejected right? It will be so much easier if that's how they do it haha

So if we don't get an e-mail then that means we are rejected right? It will be so much easier if that's how they do it haha

I called and talked to Mr Mike in Amarillo. I think everybody is given a chancento be waitlisted. 80 ppl sounds a lot to me. I think they will finalize it after they hear from everybody. So the list should go down.