Texas Tech Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed Feb. 18th.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL I was only kidding. I'm pretty nervous hence my screen name. I'm sure you'll hear back from them soon. You seem like a very nice and engaging person.

lol i know.....thanks i felt that same way abt u too.

I declined my offer to this great school so all of those waiting for a letter from Texas Tech please keep hope alive as another spot opened up.

Good luck to you all!

I declined my offer to this great school so all of those waiting for a letter from Texas Tech please keep hope alive as another spot opened up.

Good luck to you all!

congratulations !!!

So you think we will hear something today? At least whether or not we are on a waitlist? I just need to ease my mind....seriously...

So you think we will hear something today? At least whether or not we are on a waitlist? I just need to ease my mind....seriously...

yeah ....... about that i just called and this is what Ms Harrison, my advisor said...that adcom met on Tue and they will be sending out letters sometime from today or tomorrow....and we should get the letter Monday or Tue and corresponding to that the email will be sent out Tue night or Wednesday (if you were offered admission).

Now, if you are not offered admission then Mr Schwetmann , the following will gather a wait-list and send a email ,asking the remainder of people (hopefully none of us) if they want to be wait-listed.

:xf:

Thanks for the info! More waiting...this is killing me. Does anyone know if they tell you what number you are on the waitlist like UT does? I feel like at this point I have a very slim chance of getting in.

I know a lot of people were accepted to UT so I'm sure some seats will open up but ugh I'm worried.

yeah i hope so...but TECH does not tell you anything ....they just tell you if you are accepted or later if you are no longer in consideration.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh okay. Hmmmm....so we are looking at a timeline of early next week then. If I don't hear anything then I am going to assume that I will be either rejected or asked to be put on a waitlist.

yep that would be the timeline...and if i dont hear back anything dont worry it does not mean rejected..
i am sure u will be fine..

Do you know if our Merlin status should change before middle of next week? I saw the earlier posts that it could change tonight or tomorrow...

Do you know if our Merlin status should change before middle of next week? I saw the earlier posts that it could change tonight or tomorrow...

it will probably update on tuesday....thats wat i remember from earlier posts..

I don't know if this will help, but when I got accepted this is what happened:

AdCom met Thurs 3/10
Got email Mon 3/14 in the evening (and merlin status changed at this
time)
Received letter in the mail Fri 3/18

Good luck everyone!

Hi everybody! I have been reading your posts since monthes ago! I have been checking these threads almost 10 times a day ! I have not hear from texas tech yet! I was in first group in amarillo... there were many many times that I wanted to post something or ask something but I was so lazy to creat an account ... I only created an account to tell Nervousforsure and abin0077 that you both are great people and seriously as much as I want myself to get admitted , I want you to get admitted too!
I hope we all get good news this week! i am personally so tired of waiting !!

Awww you are too sweet hopeful girl! I'm glad you joined the forums. It really helps ease my mind sometimes when I get to talk to people who are in the same position as myself. This forum is also a great place to receive information. I hope that we all hear something soon. If not, then it is okay because I will be attending A&M which is also a very awesome program.

Hey guys congrats on getting admitted! For those who are waiting, don't lose hope! Stressing out is bad for you health :(! Stay positive! It will happen :)

Also, is there a facebook group for Texas Tech Pharmacy class of 2015?

Last edited:
Hi everybody! I have been reading your posts since monthes ago! I have been checking these threads almost 10 times a day ! I have not hear from texas tech yet! I was in first group in amarillo... there were many many times that I wanted to post something or ask something but I was so lazy to creat an account ... I only created an account to tell Nervousforsure and abin0077 that you both are great people and seriously as much as I want myself to get admitted , I want you to get admitted too!
I hope we all get good news this week! i am personally so tired of waiting !!

thanks a lot :) eases tension my tension a bit when i hear from people like you :)

Hey guys! I will be declining my acceptance to Tech as I have chosen to attend TX A&M Kingsville. So hopefully my spot will go to one of you guys on this forum. Good luck and don't lose hope!!! :luck:

When is the online thinngy expected to change tomorrow or monday?

Has anyone heard if the letters were sent yesterday or today?

Does it mean we got waitlisted?:( Has anyone else received anything today ?

Didn't get an email today either. Interviewed March 11 and they said we would hear back 2 weeks from that date. It's been way longer than 2 weeks! Despite waiting this long, Monday still seems like it is far away :scared:

I interviewed March 11 as well. Maybe we will hear something Monday. I agree it does seem so far away...

I did not hear anything either......Its unlikely that all the invitations are already out...I mean somebody should have heard....Or maybe I could be wrong....Did you all check the statuses?

It is highly unlikely that they sent out the emails today, besides I think someone called and they said they would be sending out the letters yesterday and today and the emails around Monday or Tuesday... But then I don't know...

I am just losing hope and frankly kinda getting annoyed by this process that tech uses...i really hope they make their admission process better..for future applicants sake..coz this is my second year going through this.

It ok man..This is my second year too lol...I bombed the interview last year but this year I think I did failry well but I guess not...I am not sure what Tech is looking in their candidates...I am the last to interview so I have really no hopes

It ok man..This is my second year too lol...I bombed the interview last year but this year I think I did failry well but I guess not...I am not sure what Tech is looking in their candidates...I am the last to interview so I have really no hopes

same here...i thought i did pretty good too , ima guess its stupid critical thinking exam that probably proved that i am a schizophrenic lol

same here...i thought i did pretty good too , ima guess its stupid critical thinking exam that probably proved that i am a schizophrenic lol

I dont think they are going to put so much emphasis on that test....For some reason I was able to finish the test on time....When I talked to my advisor she maily discussed the group activity and the interview.

My GPA and the critical thinking was probably what is making my application sink.

My GPA and the critical thinking was probably what is making my application sink.

GPA got you the interview so GPA is good. Its probably the interview...

Or, your interview was pretty good but other people had better interview. You cannot really judge what went wrong. Its complicated and frustrating.

Have you heard anything from U of H?

Interested parent here that has been reading these forums for a few months. My son got accepted at Tech and UH yesterday. Interviewed Abilene on 3-11 and Houston on 3-16.

Graduating from UT next month with neurobiology degree.

He had said he felt like both interviews went well. He didn't get in at Kingsville and didn't get an interview at Texas.

GPA a little over 3 and 92nd percentile on PCAT.

I think that covers most of the questions I read on here. I know how stressful this is for you, and even your parents. Best of luck to all of you!