Texas Tech Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think you were in my group exercise...hang in there dude! I thought you answer pretty good in the group exercise.

thought so too..interview was smooth too.....perhaps the critical thinking like u said or the PCAT and GPA part dono. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Abilene campus have a gym?? Anyone know??

Good luck to those interviewing tomorrow!! :luck:

Future Abilene students, where are you going to live??? Do you know anyone who lives in Grove apartments???

Future Abilene students, where are you going to live??? Do you know anyone who lives in Grove apartments???

I heard the Grove isn't a place for pharmacy students (too many undergraduate students). I particularly liked the Cimarron Apartments, they are really nice! Starting at $420 for a one bedroom, it really have a nice environment with a community pool, basketball/tennis court, volleyball, fitness center. Of course the apartment features dining and living area, full kitchen with dishwasher. It's unfurnished though, but I think most places are except for the Grove.

Yep! I'm still looking for apartments though, no roommate found yet :p

For the people going to the Amarillo campus. Any recommendations for apartments

Does Abilene campus have a gym?? Anyone know??

Student fees allow us to use Hendrick Health Club, right next to our campus. Everyone loves this place. Check it out here: http://www.hendrickhealthclub.com/

I heard the Grove isn't a place for pharmacy students (too many undergraduate students). I particularly liked the Cimarron Apartments, they are really nice! Starting at $420 for a one bedroom, it really have a nice environment with a community pool, basketball/tennis court, volleyball, fitness center. Of course the apartment features dining and living area, full kitchen with dishwasher. It's unfurnished though, but I think most places are except for the Grove.

I lived at the Grove my first year. Agree too many undergraduates and it's lately been trying to bring in more Air Force residents. The great thing about the place? Cheap, the "cool" pool of town, and sand volleyball court. I personally wouldn't recommend the place because the last month I lived there, we had a really bad rainstorm which somehow caused water to become trapped between floors. Well we lived on the first floor so our ceiling was ruined. They moved us into a hotel for a week and told us they'd fix it. One week later, nothing's been done so they offer to refund our last month's rent and we can just move it. So of course that's what we did. We didn't get a refund until October. So I pretty much threw in the towel with that place. They've recently had a change in management so who knows, it may be better.

As the years go on, I see classmates tend to room together and rent houses. Houses here are actually pretty cheap. Of course they aren't featured on " MTV Cribs" but we can wait for that post graduation. :)

I was in Abilene yesterday...I didnt check out Cimarron though... I checked out Riatta Ranch and some others. Most of the them didnt seem to be well maintened and all the appliances were old. I live in very nice apartments right now so it looks like I will be downgrading big time when it comes to apartments unfortunately

Hooray, I got accepted! Amarillo for the first two years and Dallas for the final two. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I am making a thread for roommate/apartment search for abilene location. So, if you are planning to attend the abilene campus, please provide your details there.
Thank you

I am making a thread for roommate/apartment search for abilene location. So, if you are planning to attend the abilene campus, please provide your details there.
Thank you

I am going to Abilene. What details would you like?

So, I just got accepted to UH, which I'm very happy about! However, I've already been accepted to Tech. Can you guys try to objectively help me decide which school to attend based on rotation availablity, future residency potential, and future job potential. I do not care about location. Note: I was accepted at Amarillo first two years and Dallas second two years for Tech. Idk what to do guys!!! What do yall think?? (I know that Tech is "ranked" higher than UH, but I also know that UH has a slightly higher NAPLEX passing rate than tech.)

Thanks!!!

Thank you

Edit: Nvm. It seems you'll need a female roommate haha

So, I just got accepted to UH, which I'm very happy about! However, I've already been accepted to Tech. Can you guys try to objectively help me decide which school to attend based on rotation availablity, future residency potential, and future job potential. I do not care about location. Note: I was accepted at Amarillo first two years and Dallas second two years for Tech. Idk what to do guys!!! What do yall think?? (I know that Tech is "ranked" higher than UH, but I also know that UH has a slightly higher NAPLEX passing rate than tech.)

Thanks!!!

I have heard that TX Tech is better in terms of rotational sites, etc. I also was in the same situation as you, I chose Texas Tech mainly bc of its location though.

Edit: Nvm. It seems you'll need a female roommate haha

I have heard that TX Tech is better in terms of rotational sites, etc. I also was in the same situation as you, I chose Texas Tech mainly bc of its location though.

Hmm ok, thanks! Anyone know/hear anything about future job potential and future residency potential differences between UH and Tech?

I am going to Abilene. What details would you like?

I was thinking that everyone could say what kind of roommate they are looking for. It could be our official roommate search thread. I want to clarify that it is not specifically for me.

I'm looking for a female roommate,et me know if you are interested. I have a 2 bedroom apartment, well my name is on the list for it, and I am in the Amarillo-Dallas program.
Kylie Schott

Last edited:
Hmm ok, thanks! Anyone know/hear anything about future job potential and future residency potential differences between UH and Tech?

Well if you plan on doing a residency, then I think Tech is your best choice because Tech offers like 6 of its own PGY-2 specialty residencies and 4 PGY1 residencies ( http://www.ttuhsc.edu/sop/residencies/currentprograms/ ). When I applied to Houston, I looked all over their website and read through their entire student handbook and could not find any residency programs that they had. You can try researching and perhaps asking an advisor at UH if/or which residency programs they offer. Hope that helps. Good luck to you!

i called today and they said they would be meeting on tuesday....which then means that they will probably send out acceptance letters on thursday.

Have they sent out decisions for march 11 interviewees?

Will Merlin update as soon as the letter is sent out or will snail mail beat the site?

Does anyone know when they will be sending out their last batch of acceptances? Or when their last official meeting is? I remember reading somewhere on this forum that April 1st was when their last letters would go out, but I wasn't sure how accurate this was. Anyone know for sure?

Applied to:
Texas Tech: Interviewed/Pending :xf:
University of Texas: Interviewed/Accepted :love:

Does anyone know when they will be sending out their last batch of acceptances? Or when their last official meeting is? I remember reading somewhere on this forum that April 1st was when their last letters would go out, but I wasn't sure how accurate this was. Anyone know for sure?

Applied to:
Texas Tech: Interviewed/Pending :xf:
University of Texas: Interviewed/Accepted :love:

They meet tomorrow and the letters go out thursday

Hi
I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good apartments near the Amarillo campus. Thanks!

Nah man my luck is so bad......

Since they are meeting today, what do they usuallly do, update the online status same day or the following day?

dont worry it will all end up well.....i dont know anything specifically, but for all the people who got in in the past 2 months or so...i think since they send the mail out on thursday. i think they would update the "applicant status review" to pending admission or something of that sort....or in case of people like me, its been saying "invited to Amarillo for interview - check you email "...which by the way i am sick of looking at lol

long story short...check thursday night if there is a change or even friday morning..

dont worry it will all end up well.....i dont know anything specifically, but for all the people who got in in the past 2 months or so...i think since they send the mail out on thursday. i think they would update the "applicant status review" to pending admission or something of that sort....or in case of people like me, its been saying "invited to Amarillo for interview - check you email "...which by the way i am sick of looking at lol

long story short...check thursday night if there is a change or even friday morning..

Thanks man! I hope you get in too! I was told that few few seats are left but I am still going to hope!!!:)

I'm sure there aren't many seats left since this will be the last meeting before they compile a waitlist.

Do you think they will post an updated status on Thursday in our Merlin account? Thanks :)

yeah ...thats what happened to those who were accepted.

so guys me being a little paranoid in the wake of the adcom meeting went through the whole last years thread and found that more than a couple of people did get accepted during the month of april.