Temple/LKSOM Post-Bacc ACMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know this was sort of discussed already, but does anyone have any new insight on the timing of rounds of interview invitations? My application was marked complete and under review on March 2nd and haven't heard anything since. I've received two other program acceptances (NYMC AMP and Temple ACHS) and am worried I'll lose my seats in those programs if I'm not able to interview/receive a decision within a reasonable timeframe.
Can I message you regarding TEMPLE ACHS?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just checking, when sending the CASPER its just to the Temple School of Medicine, '19-20, right? My app was verified within a day and I got an email saying everything was received by the office except for my CASPER, but I took it 2-27-20 and when checking takecasper.com it says everything was released and delivered? Any suggested steps on what to do? I've just emailed the office for now.
hey, do you remember how long did it took for them to grade your CASPer and send it?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, do you remember how long did it took for them to grade your CASPer and send it?

Hey, no sorry. I've searched on here and reddit though and I think general consensus is it takes 3 weeks? And from my experience right now, I guess at least 1 more or so for processing once its received?

I know this was sort of discussed already, but does anyone have any new insight on the timing of rounds of interview invitations? My application was marked complete and under review on March 2nd and haven't heard anything since. I've received two other program acceptances (NYMC AMP and Temple ACHS) and am worried I'll lose my seats in those programs if I'm not able to interview/receive a decision within a reasonable timeframe.
This is for last year but I was under review around mid March and got an II mid April. With the whole pandemic situation I wouldn’t be surprised if the process has been slowed down

This is for last year but I was under review around mid March and got an II mid April. With the whole pandemic situation I wouldn’t be surprised if the process has been slowed down
This is a slightly nitty-gritty question, but do you remember if your application went from "complete and ready for review" to "under review" before you got the II? Not sure if they update between the two. Also if anyone else who got an II this year noticed the change, feel free to respond!

This is a slightly nitty-gritty question, but do you remember if your application went from "complete and ready for review" to "under review" before you got the II? Not sure if they update between the two. Also if anyone else who got an II this year noticed the change, feel free to respond!
Where did you all see that status? In the portal, mine said "complete" from day 1.

I think I got an email saying that my app was under review from temple but it’s been a while

I'm not sure if there's a difference, but after submitting over the weekend I got an email this morning saying I was complete and placed "under review" once they had gotten my Casper in too.

Does anyone know if the office is still open for phone calls? I classified two english seminars that my school has to satisfy the english requirement under their departments (like government if it was in the title), and I felt like I should have classified it as English cause now my verified app shows I took 0 English credits, which isn't true. I tried emailing, but got no response. Should I just add an updated explanation on my PostbacCas app?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the office is still open for phone calls? I classified two english seminars that my school has to satisfy the english requirement under their departments (like government if it was in the title), and I felt like I should have classified it as English cause now my verified app shows I took 0 English credits, which isn't true. I tried emailing, but got no response. Should I just add an updated explanation on my PostbacCas app?

I don’t think there is anyone at their office, as I’ve called a number of times in the past week. But they are very responsive to emails! Always within 24h :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think there is anyone at their office, as I’ve called a number of times in the past week. But they are very responsive to emails! Always within 24h :)

Thanks! Yeah I figured. I just left an update on my postbac app, hopefully they see it!

hey all, question. i submitted my application late Feb, including Casper and letters, and im just getting a "complete" email today. did it take this long for others? i just thought i was complete when i received the "application acknowledgment" email.
It took about a month (3.5 weeks) after my CASPer for me to get the Complete email. CASPer does take 3 weeks to be scored and sent to programs. Everything seems to be delayed due to the virus however, so that may be why?

hey all, question. i submitted my application late Feb, including Casper and letters, and im just getting a "complete" email today. did it take this long for others? i just thought i was complete when i received the "application acknowledgment" email.

I think it might be different for everyone? I submitted a few days ago and I got a complete email relatively soon, but thats after I had to email them about not having my CASPER yet (they then emailed me to confirm once they had it). Like JarJarFudge said the virus could have changed everything too

Hello! I applied and was accepted last year, but had to defer to this year. I will start the CST BCHS in May. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Hi! Would could I send you a PM about your deferment?

They respond pretty quickly usually, but if they dont, I think you get an email when all your application materials are received!
Well I only submitted one LOR via PostbacCas, for which I did receive an email stating my application has been received; and that's reflected on TU Portal as well. However, I had additional letters emailed individually, for which they have yet to acknowledged if they've received it. Not sure what to do at this point.

Well I only submitted one LOR via PostbacCas, for which I did receive an email stating my application has been received; and that's reflected on TU Portal as well. However, I had additional letters emailed individually, for which they have yet to acknowledged if they've received it. Not sure what to do at this point.

How long has it been since your email? Maybe give them some time given current events and how crazy everything has been lately?

I also think we need at least 3 individual letters or a committee letter for a complete application, so maybe they'll send you a separate email confirming that they received the rest of your letters? My CASPER wasn't there when I submitted so when they did receive my CASPER i got a separate email saying I was complete and under review, in addition to the prior email saying that they received my application.

Can I ask what it says on the TUportal for those of you guys who already received the complete email? It says on my portal that my application is complete and ready to be reviewed, but I have yet to receive a complete email.

Can I ask what it says on the TUportal for those of you guys who already received the complete email? It says on my portal that my application is complete and ready to be reviewed, but I have yet to receive a complete email.
You will get one after they receive CASPer or whatever else you are missing such as letters of rec. Im pretty sure it says complete because you have completed the primary and secondary application which is the main part of the application. I am in the same boat as I took the April 2nd CASPer so it has not had time to send yet, so mine says complete on the portal but no email yet :(

Just to confirm, if using Interfolio - what email do we send our letters to?

You will get one after they receive CASPer or whatever else you are missing such as letters of rec. Im pretty sure it says complete because you have completed the primary and secondary application which is the main part of the application. I am in the same boat as I took the April 2nd CASPer so it has not had time to send yet, so mine says complete on the portal but no email yet :(

Oh got it. Actually I already confirmed with the office that they received my CASPer, so I am not sure why I didn't get the complete email yet. (Hope your CASPer gets processed soon! :))

By TU Portal do you mean the LKSOM portal where we added Biographical information for the Post bacc program? I think the TU Portal is only for Temple undergrads, or am I wrong here? My LKSOM portal says “completed 1/2019” and that’s all.
There is a separate portal called TUportal. I don't remember getting a link to create an account for it from the ACMS program (I did get an email that my application was complete and under review), but because I was also accepted ACHS, I was given access to the portal and I saw the info for my ACMS application there as well.

Last edited:
Oh got it. Actually I already confirmed with the office that they received my CASPer, so I am not sure why I didn't get the complete email yet. (Hope your CASPer gets processed soon! :))
What date was your CASPer?

Do you mind sharing your stats?

You should have received an email at some point titled "thank you for your application" where it lists how to get into your tuportal, mine came way before my complete email
I don’t think I ever got that email? The one I received has a link to the LKSOM secondary app. Then after my CASPer I got an email that said my app is “complete and under review” but no link for a portal.

For all the April 2nd CASPer people, I just got an email this morning from Temple that they received my CASPer and that I was complete and ready for review. Yours should be coming soon too!

Does anyone know how to access your TUportal, was there suppose to be a link to set it up?

Also, did anyone ask about May CASPer I emailed them and all they said was that I can still take it but I don't know how that is going to affect my application lol!

Does anyone know how to access your TUportal, was there suppose to be a link to set it up?

Also, did anyone ask about May CASPer I emailed them and all they said was that I can still take it but I don't know how that is going to affect my application lol!

They told me the same thing; I’m taking the May Casper, I just plan to have everything else submitted so that’s the only thing left. I do regret not taking April tho :/

Rooting for you sis! Let’s pray it works out!

Reactions: 1 users
do you only create a portal once you get an interview or accepted?? i’ve been complete and placed under review but never received instructions on making a portal

do you only create a portal once you get an interview or accepted?? i’ve been complete and placed under review but never received instructions on making a portal
I got an email saying I can view the status for my application on my temple portal. However, I am a Temple undergrad student so that maybe why. I would contact [email protected] just to be safe. They usually respond pretty quickly.

I got an email explaining how to set it, I would check Spam messages or contact them

The subject line is "Thank you for your application to Temple University " and the email address is "
[email protected]"

I got it a few hours after the complete email.

Hey everyone! Does anyone if interviews are delayed, I know they've scheduled some online but I was marked complete in January and have had radio silence since

Do they send you II's before interview?

If you get denied, do they let you know right away or do they send all denial letters after they've sent all of the IIs?