Temple/LKSOM Post-Bacc ACMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SAMBAA

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Haven't seen a thread about the 2020-2021 Post-Bacc cohort yet, so wanted to start one.

Planning on turning in my application this month. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have a list of schools you are applying or think might be good ones? Do those have linkage programs as well?

Thank you, what does post bacc makes more rigorous? More course work or more courses in less duration?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone already submit their app? Or hear for interviews?

Anyone already submit their app? Or hear for interviews?
I'll be submitting mine after the holidays. The trend of previous application threads is that Sept.-Jan. is early in the application cycle, but their website says "Postbac Interviews are held from December through April." So maybe they're trying to start the interview process earlier this cycle.

I'll be submitting mine after the holidays. The trend of previous application threads is that Sept.-Jan. is early in the application cycle, but their website says "Postbac Interviews are held from December through April." So maybe they're trying to start the interview process earlier this cycle.
Yeah it seemed as if they were making it earlier this year, I'm not sure if that counts for interview invites as well.

Yeah it seemed as if they were making it earlier this year, I'm not sure if that counts for interview invites as well.
It's possible, but the only way to know for certain is to call them and ask.

I applied for LKSOM BCMS in early October, and received the "everything is complete" email on October 14. I have not heard anything since. I'm not sure how the timelines correlate between BCMS and ACMS, or if they do at all, but I'll be holding out hope until February. I'll also apply to the BCHS program with Temple's CST....when I get around to it.

I applied for LKSOM BCMS in early October, and received the "everything is complete" email on October 14. I have not heard anything since. I'm not sure how the timelines correlate between BCMS and ACMS, or if they do at all, but I'll be holding out hope until February. I'll also apply to the BCHS program with Temple's CST....when I get around to it.
I wouldn't expect Temple to utilize their adcom for BCMS and ACMS applications until they've completed their first round of MD acceptances. I've read through this cycle's MD application thread and saw that those interviewees are going to be notified in December. I'd assume that they'll start sifting through our applications after that. Completely speculating though

It's possible, but the only way to know for certain is to call them and ask.
I called and the person I spoke to from the admissions office said they typically start reviewing applications in December and sending out interviews (for ACMS) closer to January. BCMS interviews tend to run earlier than ACMS (because the BCMS deadline is earlier too). Both have rolling acceptances and apparently they don't review applications in any particular order.

Reactions: 1 users
I had a question regarding the application and was wondering if someone can help me out.

Where do we access the LKSOM secondary? The only application I have access to from Temple's website is the initial app that asks for Biographic data and schools attended but there does not seem to be any secondary questions attached to it?
Yeah I had that question too but if you look on the PostBac application, it already includes Temple's secondary questions on there.

Reactions: 1 user
So I have another application question:

Do all materials need to be in by 04/15/2020 (the deadline)?
Since I am taking my MCAT in March/April of 2020; I will not get the score back in time for this deadline. I also need the score for my Committee Letter to be complete, so that will not be sent until after I get my MCAT score, which is after the PostBacc deadline.

Is it even worth applying at that point?

So I have another application question:

Do all materials need to be in by 04/15/2020 (the deadline)?
Since I am taking my MCAT in March/April of 2020; I will not get the score back in time for this deadline. I also need the score for my Committee Letter to be complete, so that will not be sent until after I get my MCAT score, which is after the PostBacc deadline.

Is it even worth applying at that point?

The website says this stuff needs to be in by 04/15:

"An application will be considered complete once the following application materials have been received:
There will be no deadline extension for incomplete applications."

You can self-report your MCAT score on the PostBacCAS app but it isn't required. You can put in the SAT/ACT or GRE instead. If you do want them to have your MCAT score, you can indicate that you will be taking it soon. But if you take it in April, it'll take a month for you to get the MCAT score so it will be too late since they're only interviewing till April. That's not to say there's no point in applying, more like they just won't consider your MCAT in their decision. If you're taking it in March, that should still be ok. But since its rolling admission, it might benefit you to just apply earlier without the MCAT.

This is all if you can bypass the committee letter of course. If you REALLY want to apply, get your recommenders to send in the letters separately!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all!
I applied and was marked as complete and submitted today! I took the MCAT already and received a 504 and I'm retaking it in March. I was wondering if anyone else was in this boat and could tell me if they plan on taking the GRE to supplement their score? Thanks!

Good luck to everyone applying this year! I’m currently in the program on break so feel free to pm to ask any questions about the program/applying

Reactions: 2 users
Hello! I applied and was accepted last year, but had to defer to this year. I will start the CST BCHS in May. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hey can anyone explain the differences between ACMS and ACHS, and the pros and cons of both? And are the requirements for linkage the same or different for the 2 programs? Thank you!

Anyone who applied this year knows how to check your app status? I submitted my PostBacCAS, verified, added Temple Program, and paid the fee. I also went to Temple Postbacc website, clicked on "Apply Now" link and filled out the basic info and paid $30 and submitted the app. Then they sent my Temple ID number to create an account on Temple Portal. So at this point, I have "two" temple accounts, but I don't think they are different because both shows that I have applied to their same postbacc program (I am assuming there is some kinda link between Temple Portal and the original account that I used to fill out my info).. But the problem is I dont see any connection with PostBacCAS. How do I know if they received my material (LOR ,Transcript or the entire app from PostBacCAS) and also CasPer test, which I submitted but again I dont know how to check if they received it?

Last edited:
Anyone who applied this year knows how to check your app status? I submitted my PostBacCAS, verified, added Temple Program, and paid the fee. I also went to Temple Postbacc website, clicked on "Apply Now" link and filled out the basic info and paid $30 and submitted the app. Then they sent my Temple ID number to create an account on Temple Portal. So at this point, I have "two" temple accounts, but I don't think they are different because both shows that I have applied to their same postbacc program (I am assuming there is some kinda link between Temple Portal and the original account that I used to fill out my info).. But the problem is I dont see any connection with PostBacCAS. How do I know if they received my material (LOR ,Transcript or the entire app from PostBacCAS) and also CasPer test, which I submitted but again I dont know how to check if they received it?
I just e-mailed their general e-mail and asked if my application had everything needed (post-bacCAS, Casper, transcripts, etc.). Probably the best option! Also received a confirmation e-mail stating that everything was received and under review.
I'll be patiently waiting and checking their TU Portal to (hopefully!) hear back for an interview. :D

Once I was verified by PostBacCAS, I received an email from LKSOM letting me know that my application was complete and ready to be reviewed (I was verified on a Friday, and received that email on a Monday morning). You can log into CasPer to see if they released your score, as well.

Once I was verified by PostBacCAS, I received an email from LKSOM letting me know that my application was complete and ready to be reviewed (I was verified on a Friday, and received that email on a Monday morning). You can log into CasPer to see if they released your score, as well.

Thank you. I actually emailed the general email as @ZAMBAA suggested and received the email back from them stating my app is completed.

My PostBacc app was verified in like a day and I recieved a “complete” email this morning which stated that they also got my CASPer results. The email also said they will be interviewing applicants up until May.

Once my final transcript was received, it only took a day. That was October, and I received an interview invitation in December.
Congrats on the interview!! BCMS right? When did you schedule it for?

My PostBacc app was verified in like a day and I recieved a “complete” email this morning which stated that they also got my CASPer results. The email also said they will be interviewing applicants up until May.
Are you still planning on taking the MCAT at some point in the spring?

Anyone receive any feedback for ACMS?

Are you still planning on taking the MCAT at some point in the spring?

Yes, but the score will be released after the ACMS deadline, but I am hoping I can update them with a score and not get rejected pre-II.

Yes, but the score will be released after the ACMS deadline, but I am hoping I can update them with a score and not get rejected pre-II.
Last year's thread says they only reject post-deadline so I think you can keep updating them until the deadline/ till they start sending out rejections!

Not yet...do they usually send II for ACMS around this time?
according to the past threads i’ve read up on, they started going out in march. which is such a long wait ugh. anyone know how the rolling basis even works? i submitted my app in october

I was informed by the office that interview invites could be sent out anytime between now and May

Can anybody chance me?

Stats:
URM, 23 Black, Latina Woman
Undergrad: Brown University (Providence, RI)
Honors: Bachelor of Arts Honors Degree (one in Health and Human Biology, the other in Latin American and Caribbean Studies), Sigma Xi
Awards: 1 of 10 most influential Black women in Rhode Island by YWCA 2019
sGPA: 3.18
cGPA: 3.40
MCAT: scheduled April
Shadowing: 430 Hours (continuing)
Clinical volunteer: 1200+ Hours (continuing)
Non-clinical volunteer program: 1500+(continuing)
Working: Average 20 hours/week during undergraduate years as hospital scribe as well as internal on-campus job, full time research assistant at public health and policy think tank/institute in DC during current Gap Year
Research: 3 years of maintained 3 research projects, one is under review for publication on Trauma and Natural Disasters
Extracurriculars: Co-President of one student organization for one year, 4 year Varsity D1 Athlete

Can anybody chance me?

Stats:
Honors: Bachelor of Arts Honors Degree (one in Health and Human Biology, the other in Latin American and Caribbean Studies), Sigma Xi
Working: Average 20 hours/week during undergraduate years as hospital scribe as well as internal on-campus job, full time research assistant at public health and policy think tank/institute in DC during current Gap Year
Research: 3 years of maintained 3 research projects, one is under review for publication on Trauma and Natural Disasters
Extracurriculars: Co-President of one student organization for one year, 4 year Varsity D1 Athlete

To be honest, I think this program would be somewhat of a waste of money for you since they are not exactly cheap. Looking at your background, your stats and your various and substantial extracurriculars I would honestly save yourself the extra studying for the year and apply to med schools this cycle once your MCAT is done. You have a pretty good chance of getting interviews and I would go as far as to say a few acceptances - definitely more than 1 in my opinion. You seem very well balanced and committed! I would just go for it!

Can anybody chance me?

Stats:

That being said, is there a reason you are not applying this cycle??

I received an interview invite for the ACMS for February 13th.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know the number of interview invitations they send out? I've *heard* they receive somewhere close to, if not more than, 1000 applicants. So I am wondering how much they narrow this down before getting to the 20-40 students in the ACMS program.

Low science GPA.
Ah! You should attempt at taking some classes on your own and applying. You have great stats you would have a lot of luck with different schools I think instead of being committed to just Temple!

Can anybody chance me?

Stats:

Seems like you might actually be a better fit for the ACHS program. I think, like others have said, that the ACMS application fee might be a waste of money.