Temple/LKSOM Post-Bacc ACMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awesome, thank you for sharing this. Will be finalizing my app today then I suppose. :)
Good luck! I’m also applying with lower than a 3.4. Hopefully they’ll see the bigger picture!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea, I'm finishing up my last prerequisites this semester. I have a C- in Ochem but i'm retaking that. Besides that I managed to get the classes done. I'm really nervous. I saw that some people got an interview with a gpa lower than mine but I don't know.
Yea it definitely sounds like you're in good standing to receive an interview! I think you should just wait at least another week and then reach out!

Yea it definitely sounds like you're in good standing to receive an interview! I think you should just wait at least another week and then reach out!
Yea, I will wait till next week and then reachout hopefully something comes before then. Did u apply to any other programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would it annoy the ACMS adcoms and hurt my chances if I emailed them about the status of my application? Has anyone done that before?

No, not yet. But I have my interview in May.
cGPA 3.3, sGPA 3.0 (I know, terrible :cryi:), haven't taken the MCAT yet but 1780 on SATs
Tons of hours from scribing for 2 years, volunteering in an emergency department for about a year, volunteering at the food bank, and I did a study abroad internship in which I shadowed doctors for a month. What are your stats if you don't mind?
Hey, congratulations on getting an interview! When did you receive your interview invite and when did you submit your application/casper results?

Yea, I will wait till next week and then reachout hopefully something comes before then. Did u apply to any other programs?
Yea I applied to ACMS as well (haven't heard anything back quite yet). I applied to a few other schools as well and I am still waiting to hear back. You?

Anyone ask about their application update? It's been so long since we have heard anything.

Anyone ask about their application update? It's been so long since we have heard anything.
I want to ask them that but I'm just worried they'll see me as impatient?? I feel like simply emailing them might affect their decision but I'm probably just being paranoid lol

Yea I applied to ACMS as well (haven't heard anything back quite yet). I applied to a few other schools as well and I am still waiting to hear back. You?
Not that many actually. I was mainly interested in the ACHS postbac program.

I want to ask them that but I'm just worried they'll see me as impatient?? I feel like simply emailing them might affect their decision but I'm probably just being paranoid lol
I truly think it wouldn't work against you like that LOL. But also the reverse is true in that it doesn't affect the status of your application at all - if they haven't made a decision on you, they wouldn't be able to tell you anything new anyway/ if they had made a decision, they would email it out to you without you having to ask. What's interesting is that they only send rejections after the application deadline, which means that they continue to evaluate your application IN CONTEXT of the application pool as it keeps growing. There have been people who applied early and only received interviews towards the end of the cycle, so it's not like they take one look and throw out your application. They do keep re-reviewing, so honestly it's in your best interest that the program works this way! Also, instead of just asking for an update, I would suggest sending out an update letter if you have new things to add. They were very receptive to mine! (gives you a legit reason to email/interact with them)

I truly think it wouldn't work against you like that LOL. But also the reverse is true in that it doesn't affect the status of your application at all - if they haven't made a decision on you, they wouldn't be able to tell you anything new anyway/ if they had made a decision, they would email it out to you without you having to ask. What's interesting is that they only send rejections after the application deadline, which means that they continue to evaluate your application IN CONTEXT of the application pool as it keeps growing. There have been people who applied early and only received interviews towards the end of the cycle, so it's not like they take one look and throw out your application. They do keep re-reviewing, so honestly it's in your best interest that the program works this way! Also, instead of just asking for an update, I would suggest sending out an update letter if you have new things to add. They were very receptive to mine! (gives you a legit reason to email/interact with them)
Thank you!! What things did you include in your update letter if you don't mind me asking?? I was planning on shadowing around this time if it weren't for the pandemic but obviously I can't, and haven't heard anything from scribe jobs I've applied, so there's not really anything I can include (except for Spring grades perhaps when they come out)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, do you think it means something if I write like an update letter that includes a volunteer position during the pandemic. I'm helping my neighbors and elderly people in my neighborhood by going grocery shopping for them. I'm also still scribing in the emergency department.

For current students, what does the typical day look like as a postbacc student? How many/how long are breaks, how many classes per day?

For current students, what does the typical day look like as a postbacc student? How many/how long are breaks, how many classes per day?

1st semester:
Mon/Wed: 10-4 2hr break
Tues/Thurs: 10-12

2nd sem:
Mon/Thurs: 10-5 1hr break
Tues:10-12, Wed: 8-12

These don’t include mcat classes

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you!! What things did you include in your update letter if you don't mind me asking?? I was planning on shadowing around this time if it weren't for the pandemic but obviously I can't, and haven't heard anything from scribe jobs I've applied, so there's not really anything I can include (except for Spring grades perhaps when they come out)
Hmmm I'm assuming you're still in school then so it makes sense that you wouldn't have much to update on. I wrote about a new service position and some changes in my scribing job, as well as this online class I'm taking. It would be too late to send an update letter once your spring grades come out, right?

Hmmm I'm assuming you're still in school then so it makes sense that you wouldn't have much to update on. I wrote about a new service position and some changes in my scribing job, as well as this online class I'm taking. It would be too late to send an update letter once your spring grades come out, right?
Well I heard they don't deny people until the application deadline so as long as they come out it before that it might be worth sending a letter

Well I heard they don't deny people until the application deadline so as long as they come out it before that it might be worth sending a letter
Right, as long as it's before 15th May!

Does being in or out of state affect admissions?

Is it too late in the cycle to apply? Also are they ok with unofficial transcripts being uploaded in the meantime?

Interviewed a couple of weeks ago and got the dreaded "continuing candidate list". Anyone else with me? Any tips/suggestions to get off the waitlist?

Interviewed a couple of weeks ago and got the dreaded "continuing candidate list". Anyone else with me? Any tips/suggestions to get off the waitlist?
When did you interview?
When did they email? Today?

With you and just got the email
I know I sent them an update this morning because I had an additional publication. They emailed back but with no status change. Maybe they’re combing through the apps as we speak and emails are sporadic?

Same boat as you :( Does anyone know if this program sees decent waitlist movement? and when would that occur?

I think it would be after May 15th, and Temple website says after April 30th they reconsider the continued consideration folks. But it seems pretty random, past years' threads show some ppl got off CC quickly and some waited months...

If they're already putting people on waitlists does that mean they're done interviewing???? :/

Y’all are over here interviewing and getting responses, meanwhile I’m still trying to send transcripts to postbaccas... we are not the same

speaking of which, do we need to send transcripts directly to temple separate of postbaccas? My temple checklist says they’re missing my transcripts which I didn’t realize I needed to send them

Y’all are over here interviewing and getting responses, meanwhile I’m still trying to send transcripts to postbaccas... we are not the same

speaking of which, do we need to send transcripts directly to temple separate of postbaccas? My temple checklist says they’re missing my transcripts which I didn’t realize I needed to send them
Nope, they just have to be sent if you get accepted.

“ Official transcripts from all colleges attended should be uploaded to the PostbacCAS Application. Instructions can be found HERE. Official final transcripts should not be sent to the LKSOM Office of Admissions until an acceptance has been issued”

If they're already putting people on waitlists does that mean they're done interviewing???? :/
I wouldn’t think so. Can’t imagine they would push back the deadline and then not entertain those applications at all.

It feels like they've barely interviewed lol

I think it would be after May 15th, and Temple website says after April 30th they reconsider the continued consideration folks. But it seems pretty random, past years' threads show some ppl got off CC quickly and some waited months...
Oh! where on the website did you see that?

Anyone else that interviewed notice a changed status in TUPortal? Haven’t gotten an email but noticed a change there.

Anyone else that interviewed notice a changed status in TUPortal? Haven’t gotten an email but noticed a change there.
Just checked - it says "admitted" but the instructions are confusing. I didn't get an email either. What does yours say?

Complete 2/6. Interviewed on 4/16 via Zoom. I also see a "admitted" "Your application has been accepted" type thing on TU portal. Guess that we'll see.

Update: TU portal is now asking for a $125 deposit for ACMS. Seems legit. Congrats to all! If you'd like advice/more info on what I did DM me. If this is a mistake or glitch I will let you all know lol.

Can someone link the TU portal website? Is it the same as the Secondary App portal?

I never got a link for a TUportal. Only for the Secondary App portal and PostBacCAS

Oh! where on the website did you see that?
"Some candidates may be placed on the continuing candidate list after interview, and will be considered after April 30th through August. Each application cycle is unique and different so the number of students taken off the wait-list varies from year to year. LKSOM encourages applicants on the continuing candidate list to send letters of interest starting in April."

Can someone link the TU portal website? Is it the same as the Secondary App portal?

I never got a link for a TUportal. Only for the Secondary App portal and PostBacCAS
They sent a link to create a login specifically for my TUid so I don't think it's shareable. I would email them and ask!

Also got an acceptance letter.
Update: TU portal is now asking for a $125 deposit for ACMS. Seems legit. Congrats to all! If you'd like advice/more info on what I did DM me. If this is a mistake or glitch I will let you all know lol.

Also got acceptance email this morning.