Temple/LKSOM Post-Bacc ACMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't heard much about FA. You could always check out Human Resources or your local bank to see what loan options there are. Also I haven't done much research on housing, its in Philly University area so you can find some apartments nearby, they're kinda pricey tho
Temple doesn't offer financial aid outside of the Stafford Loan for the post bac. From what I've heard the best bet is to get an outside student loan, but the trick is to find one that doesn't stipulate that you have to be in a degree-granting program.

There's not a lot of housing next to campus, but there's lots of really good apartments and houses for rent in the neighborhoods around Center City. I live in South Philly and love it. It's about a 20-30 minute BSL subway commute from campus.

I think I'm primarily aiming for Temple, BU, and Cincinnati. I've taken a post-bacc in CA that had no linkage program, and even though I did well, I'm still below the 3.3 mark. So, I'll be retaking my MCAT in the Spring, so trying to boost my stats as much as I can!
Isn't the mark 3.4 cGPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't the mark 3.4 cGPA?

They do list 3.4 as a mark on their website, but I've seen posters on SDN say they got in with lower. I also called and asked if apps are automatically screened out and they told me no because of their holistic review. So at least me I personally interpreted that as hey it's worth a shot to try applying. I'm also under a 3.4 but I'm considering applying!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,

Has anyone received acceptance from the program with these stats (or lower stats than this):
Science GPA: 3.39
Pre Req GPA: 3.23
cGPA: 3.31
*I've been a FT medical scribe in the ED for more than two years.
*Have not taken the MCAT yet.

I am worried I won't get accepted.

Have been complete for 2 weeks but have not heard anything yet, I know they interview until may but is anyone else on the same boat?

Hey guy. Do I stand a chance if I apply to the ACMS prgm?
cGPA 2.26 over 144 credits. sGPA 1.2 over 38 credits. Medical Assistant and Medical scribe during a 2 year gap, >3000 hours. Did a DIY postbacc for 2 years, gained 102 science credits with plenty of upper level science classes, 4.0 GPA in postbacc. When I avg my GPA's out with my postbacc, comes out to cGPA: 3.0, sGPA 3.2...pathetic, I know. Hopefully I get the chance to own up to it in interviews. MCAT: 519, hopefully this shines. 2 research experiences. Volunteered with my local hospice and at a homeless shelter, combined, there are about 1000 hrs. Worked at a hostess in a restaurant intermittently over the past two years as well, not sure if it's relevant or will help but thought it was worth mentioning. I know my stats are horrendous lol but please any input is valuable.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guy. Do I stand a chance if I apply to the ACMS prgm?
cGPA 2.26 over 144 credits. sGPA 1.2 over 38 credits. Medical Assistant and Medical scribe during a 2 year gap, >3000 hours. Did a DIY postbacc for 2 years, gained 102 science credits with plenty of upper level science classes, 4.0 GPA in postbacc. When I avg my GPA's out with my postbacc, comes out to cGPA: 3.0, sGPA 3.2...pathetic, I know. Hopefully I get the chance to own up to it in interviews. MCAT: 519, hopefully this shines. 2 research experiences. Volunteered with my local hospice and at a homeless shelter, combined, there are about 1000 hrs. Worked at a hostess in a restaurant intermittently over the past two years as well, not sure if it's relevant or will help but thought it was worth mentioning. I know my stats are horrendous lol but please any input is valuable.
you should def apply

• Love
What does everyone think about Letters of Intent and this program? I know they do not consider any material after the April deadline but seeing as it’s been 3 months of radio silence...

Last edited:
What do you guys think about Letters of Intent and this program? I know they do not consider any material after the April deadline but seeing as it’s been 3 months of radio silence...
That could be a possibility. I still think it's early and only 1 interview date has been given out for ACMS.

What do you guys think about Letters of Intent and this program? I know they do not consider any material after the April deadline but seeing as it’s been 3 months of radio silence...
Personally, I would only send a letter if I also have updates to share because a letter of interest/ intent adds extra (almost unnecessary, because they already know you are interested) material for programs to sift through. Regardless, I would call and ask if they are receptive to letters at this point and go from there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard back and I am a "continuing applicant." Anyone know anything about this or when I might hear back with a final decision (they were vague in the letter)?

Hey guys,

On the website it says we must send in three letters of rec; two from science professors, and one from non-science/professional. Has anyone sent in more that three? I would like to send in two additional letters - so total of five. Please advise.

Heard back and I am a "continuing applicant." Anyone know anything about this or when I might hear back with a final decision (they were vague in the letter)?

Did they send you an email or was it through the app? Also I assume you interviewed so maybe they are deciding your final decision. I haven't heard anything but I assume this is a good thing!

Hey guys,

On the website it says we must send in three letters of rec; two from science professors, and one from non-science/professional. Has anyone sent in more that three? I would like to send in two additional letters - so total of five. Please advise.

I would maybe call and ask the office, I really think it varies by school if they'll take the extra letters or not!

Anyone hear back yet?

Did they send you an email or was it through the app? Also I assume you interviewed so maybe they are deciding your final decision. I haven't heard anything but I assume this is a good thing!
I interviewed on 2/13 for ACMS and was told this through email a few days ago, but I just hope I hear something definitive soon so I know what I am doing next year! Best of luck to you!

Personally, I would only send a letter if I also have updates to share because a letter of interest/ intent adds extra (almost unnecessary, because they already know you are interested) material for programs to sift through. Regardless, I would call and ask if they are receptive to letters at this point and go from there.
Did you ever call, are they receptive to update letters?

Does anyone know if the virus is going to affect whether they're still going to send out interviews?

They have closed their campus. I'm sure they'll move to virtual interviews.

Yeah they probably will have to. I wonder when they will start sending them out though.

Hey guys I am a very late applicant as I just very recently heard about this program but I literarily have everything ready and verified on gradcas. However I just saw that they also apparently want Casper score by the April 15th deadline. The next date offered is the 2nd of April and I heard it takes 3 weeks to get them to send the results. Am I screwed?

Hey guys I am a very late applicant as I just very recently heard about this program but I literarily have everything ready and verified on gradcas. However I just saw that they also apparently want Casper score by the April 15th deadline. The next date offered is the 2nd of April and I heard it takes 3 weeks to get them to send the results. Am I screwed?

I am in the same situation. Also, you mean PostbaccCas right? How long did it take you to get verified?

PostbaccCas or Casper?
PostBacCAS told me when I called them a week ago that they were approving applications in 3 days as of now. I got mine approved in 3. What’s your game plan for all of this. The virus is making it difficult to contact people.

PostBacCAS told me when I called them a week ago that they were approving applications in 3 days as of now. I got mine approved in 3. What’s your game plan for all of this. The virus is making it difficult to contact people.
I hope temple pushes back the deadline.

I hope temple pushes back the deadline.
It's just so weird because when you try to request a date for casper and you select Temple med as your school it says in small letters how for the postbacc any date before May is good. Then you go on their website and it says the exact opposite. No other postbacc has given me this much probs

It's just so weird because when you try to request a date for casper and you select Temple med as your school it says in small letters how for the postbacc any date before May is good. Then you go on their website and it says the exact opposite. No other postbacc has given me this much probs
Can you screen shot what you’re referring to?

Can you screen shot what you’re referring to?
Yes, look at the small letters under the School and Program section. This contradicts what they are saying on their website. Unless I am interpreting it wrong, but it even says for this cycle. This is taken directly from CASPer test dates and fees - CASPer

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 3.23.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 3.23.10 PM.png
    346.2 KB · Views: 85
Hopefully submitting soon here as well! Just confirming - we're allowed to submit before the recommenders upload their letters, right? Or do I have to wait until they're in? All my transcripts were received.

Hopefully submitting soon here as well! Just confirming - we're allowed to submit before the recommenders upload their letters, right? Or do I have to wait until they're in? All my transcripts were received.
One letter must be submitted to PostbaccCas in order for them to submit & verify your application. The rest of the letters can be uploaded later or emailed directly to Temple.

One letter must be submitted to PostbaccCas in order for them to submit & verify your application. The rest of the letters can be uploaded later or emailed directly to Temple.

Thank you, that's good to know. I hope we can both get everything verified on time!

Also, regarding CASPER, I was just under the assumption we needed to have everything in by 4/15, CASPER, PostbacCAS, whatever it is. If their office isn't picking up I would suggest maybe shooting an email - they responded the next business day to me when I emailed them about something else.

Thank you! I will also try to contact them and update anything I find out here.
I do think they want CASPer results before 4/15. I mean this would help them decide whether to extend an interview or not. I really hope they're willing to take results after 4/15 since I won't get my results back before then.

All of my letters are in Interfolio & I don't think any of my recommenders saved copies... I emailed admissions and they said they would accept them emailed. Are you saying PostBacCas literally won't verify your application without one?!

(This is so super frustrating, I am so tired of all these different application systems...?)

All of my letters are in Interfolio & I don't think any of my recommenders saved copies... I emailed admissions and they said they would accept them emailed. Are you saying PostBacCas literally won't verify your application without one?!

(This is so super frustrating, I am so tired of all these different application systems...?)
I promise you customer service rep at PostbacCas told me you need one LOR for verification.

Look earlier in the thread for exact instructions, but you can request a letter, and then submit, without the letter ever coming. I think I used one of those interfolio email addresses from one of my letters, delivery failed, but I was still able to submit PBC and then send interfolio separate.

Anyone hear anything at all? It's been quiet.

Hi guys! Is anyone taking Casper in April? I have an April 2 test date...I am not sure if this will give me a score by April 13 however on the ACMS site it says:

CASPer test results from May 2019 through April 2020 are valid for this application cycle. If you previously released scores to LKSOM for your 2020 MD application, there is no need to resend them.

If someone could advise, thanks!

Look earlier in the thread for exact instructions, but you can request a letter, and then submit, without the letter ever coming. I think I used one of those interfolio email addresses from one of my letters, delivery failed, but I was still able to submit PBC and then send interfolio separate.

Excellent, thank you!! I did request my letters & they were rejected so I guess I should be good to submit PBC then.

An update for whoever was wondering: The April CASPer is fine to take and submit even if results come in late :) Emailed and they said it was fine.

An update for whoever was wondering: The April CASPer is fine to take and submit even if results come in late :) Emailed and they said it was fine.
Thank God signing up and sending my finalized application now.