Temple/LKSOM Post-Bacc ACMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Chances?

3.9 cGPA and 3.9 science GPA
MCAT scores: 506, 508, and 509 (last exam has subsections of at least 126)
500+ hours of shadowing
500+ hours of service/volunteering
100 hours of leadership
2000+ hours of research
1 publication + 2 abstracts (both first author) and 2 research awards

I also graduated a top 30 college in 2019.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Chances?

3.9 cGPA and 3.9 science GPA
MCAT scores: 506, 508, and 509 (last exam has subsections of at least 126)
500+ hours of shadowing
500+ hours of service/volunteering
100 hours of leadership
2000+ hours of research
1 publication + 2 abstracts (both first author) and 2 research awards

I also graduated a top 30 college in 2019.

Thanks!
your stats look great! if you don't mind me asking, why are you applying for a post-bacc? if i had your stats i'd just apply right to med schools!

your stats look great! if you don't mind me asking, why are you applying for a post-bacc? if i had your stats i'd just apply right to med schools!
Well I'm not a URM and also a MA resident and I took the MCAT 3 times with only a marginal increase, so I feel like I won't get into any MD program. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the protocol for applying to Temple MD and the post bacc at the same time? Sorry if this has been asked before but a google search couldn’t answer me.

Does anyone know the protocol for applying to Temple MD and the post bacc at the same time? Sorry if this has been asked before but a google search couldn’t answer me.

You apply to both, separately. I reused essays.

hi,
im thinking about applying 2021-2022 acms.
chance me?
Stats:
21 Black, Caribbean Woman
Awards: Undergraduate researcher of the year
sGPA: 3.0
cGPA: 3.40
MCAT: soon scheduled
Clinical volunteer: 200+ Hours (continuing)
Non-clinical volunteer program: 100+(continuing)
Working: work on campus & part time research assistant at Scripps research institute
Research: 3 years & 2 different research projects
Extracurriculars: different positions in five different clubs

hi,
im thinking about applying 2021-2022 acms.
chance me?
Stats:
21 Black, Caribbean Woman
Awards: Undergraduate researcher of the year
sGPA: 3.0
cGPA: 3.40
MCAT: soon scheduled
Clinical volunteer: 200+ Hours (continuing)
Non-clinical volunteer program: 100+(continuing)
Working: work on campus & part time research assistant at Scripps research institute
Research: 3 years & 2 different research projects
Extracurriculars: different positions in five different clubs

If you get a balanced MCAT score around 510, you might have an excellent shot at most MD schools and all DO schools. I'm not sure you would even need to do a post-bacc, TBH. Just apply far and wide, early in the next application cycle, and with a polished application and personal statement. I think you should be fine.

Hey all, couldn't find the new ACMS thread so posting here. I'm a current reapplicant this cycle, and have 0 IIs and planning on backup plans. I was thinking about applying to ACMS this month, but was wondering if that was a good idea because I already have my application in for LKSOM this cycle. Would it be frowned upon for me to apply to ACMS while my other application is still under review? Thanks so much!
no a lot of people do this but I would be beware because ACMS is nearly as competitive as regular med school admissions

Hey all, couldn't find the new ACMS thread so posting here. I'm a current reapplicant this cycle, and have 0 IIs and planning on backup plans. I was thinking about applying to ACMS this month, but was wondering if that was a good idea because I already have my application in for LKSOM this cycle. Would it be frowned upon for me to apply to ACMS while my other application is still under review? Thanks so much!
Hey! I applied to both as well! I don't think it would affect you negatively, but rather show your commitment to the institution. The end goal is getting into medical school so you can serve other people. I would encourage you to apply and see where it takes you. That being said, if your stats are high, and you don't need a postbacc program, then I would advise against it. This program is meant for people that need a "little push" to get into medical schools.

Do you think high stats would work against me? I have a 3.85 GPA so definitely don’t need a post-bac, but would love to attend LKSOM. I’ve seen some 3.6 gpa applicants get accepted to ACMS based on previous years’ threads.
Hey! I've heard somewhere that they might think you are overqualified. I'm not too sure, I would suggest you to contact them. Also, If you have a competitive mcat score too, then I would suggest looking at other venues such as research and clinical opportunities. With your gpa, I think you are in a great position to get into a medical school without this postbacc.

Reactions: 1 user
Your day will begin at 8:30am and end by 3:30pm. You will have two faculty interviews, a writing activity and participate in a group chat with current students. In light of the COVID-19 crisis, we will be conducting interviews using an online platform, Zoom.
Any insight on the writing activity?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I have applied for LKSOM's ACMS program for 2021. I was verified on 12/2 and haven't heard anything so far, however, I do know that others have started hearing back about first-round interviews. I was just wondering if anyone had a sense of how many "rounds" of interview invites are typically sent out/how long I can remain hopeful? Attending LKSOM would be a dream and I have started getting anxious knowing that interview invites have started coming out. Thanks so much for the help!

Hey everyone! I have applied for LKSOM's ACMS program for 2021. I was verified on 12/2 and haven't heard anything so far, however, I do know that others have started hearing back about first-round interviews. I was just wondering if anyone had a sense of how many "rounds" of interview invites are typically sent out/how long I can remain hopeful? Attending LKSOM would be a dream and I have started getting anxious knowing that interview invites have started coming out. Thanks so much for the help!
I'm in the same boat as you! I created a thread for this year's application.

Hello! I applied and was accepted last year, but had to defer to this year. I will start the CST BCHS in May. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Hi there,

i was wondering how you got approved for a deferral?

Does anyone know the success rates or stories of people getting in to medical school directly after finishing the program? And also how it is with applying during the program?

Does anyone know the success rates or stories of people getting in to medical school directly after finishing the program? And also how it is with applying during the program?
Im in BCHS, but from what I've beent old the success rate is pretty high for both programs. Somewhere arounf 90 - 92%. Applying can be hectic, especially given that you have classes, MCAT prep, and then have to schedule the actual MCAT

Hey current ACMS students! Can anyone speak as to how difficult it is to maintain a gpa above 3.6 in the program?

does anyone know about temple post bacc and applying for the upcoming application cycle?

does anyone know about temple post bacc and applying for the upcoming application cycle?
I'm admitted for this summer, but I'm more than happy to answer questions/help! I had a very strong application and personal statement and currently sitting in orientation...

I'm admitted for this summer, but I'm more than happy to answer questions/help! I had a very strong application and personal statement and currently sitting in orientation...
Congrats! I got admitted to the ACHS post bacc but I am trying to figure out if it is worth it. I want to start med school Fall 2022, but I am unsure how the mcat prep course will work if its in the spring and application for next cycle has opened this year.