So I just failed anatomy.....a second time.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I noticed that. Why?

Crazy patients trying to friend me.

Drama with overseas family members who dont have anything better to do than be nosy and gossipy

also sort of over social media

Members don't see this ad.

Drama with overseas family members who dont have anything better to do than be nosy and gossipy

Dat Indian culture.

Members don't see this ad :)

Some of my Asian friends in med school had 2 separate Facebook accounts. A "clean" one specifically for their family and relatives and one for their friends.

Could be worse. He could be black.
Interesting enough, the black guys in my class, their families wanted them to only marry black girls. The black guys were popular with the girls in our class for other reasons though. :p

Interesting enough, the black guys in my class, their families wanted them to only marry black girls. The black guys were popular with the girls in our class for other reasons though. :p
Dey makin it rain?

Reactions: 1 user
This is what my sister is doing

Except he's not of an "esteemed" enough profession to placate my parents.

Major lols
That's ridiculous. Your parents should've kept you both in India then.

Members don't see this ad :)
It does.

Just not for the grouchy old school fob relatives in the homeland

For them it's all "zomg fancy is disgracing her family"
The professional I know is married to someone of "lesser" status, but because he is a man HER family tells her to shut up and listen.

The professional I know is married to someone of "lesser" status, but because he is a man HER family tells her to shut up and listen.

Nice. I was mostly being sarcastic about my sisters situation. My family for sure dislikes the guy for more reasons than just superficial ones- he's a real POS and super disrespectful to them.

Nice. I was mostly being sarcastic about my sisters situation. My family for sure dislikes the guy for more reasons than just superficial ones- he's a real POS and super disrespectful to them.
But are most Indian families like what I described?

But are most Indian families like what I described?

Yes, its just that between my sister and I we've sort of done a lot of things that most "tradionally" minded Indian families would have had multiple MI's over. Also, my dad is super unlike most Indian parents in that hes really laid back, non temperamental, and thankfully recognizes that we live in 21st century America and not 19th century homeland.

My parents backed off a lot after I graduated and "made something of myself" and so now they leave me mostly alone.

Reactions: 2 users
Dey makin it rain?
I had to Urban Dictionary that one as I thought you were were referring to the definition I thought "throwing stacks of money", but no, actually definition #2.

It does.

Just not for the grouchy old school fob relatives in the homeland

For them it's all "zomg fancy is disgracing her family"
Based on 1 freaking characteristic like religion (of which most young people aren't even that devout anyways).

I had to Urban Dictionary that one as I thought you were were referring to the definition I thought "throwing stacks of money", but no, actually definition #2.
Dat make daddy mad mentality. Tis my life; I don't know whether to just take it in stride or be hurt.

Reactions: 1 user
Based on 1 freaking characteristic like religion (of which most young people aren't even that devout anyways).

yeah, he isnt really a practicing muslim. his parents are pretty low-key about it too. (obviously, or they would have had a major issue with yours truly)

Dat make daddy mad mentality. Tis my life; I don't know whether to just take it in stride or be hurt.
Make Daddy mad? No, they wanted to have sex with them bc of the black men stereotype.

yeah, he isnt really a practicing muslim. his parents are pretty low-key about it too. (obviously, or they would have had a major issue with yours truly)
Right, so it's essentially a hullabaloo over nothing. Especially since they're not the ones that have to deal with the marriage on a day to day basis. Yet, if you had married Ark, then it would no longer be a "disgrace".

And make daddy mad. Trust me, I know.
Really? Didn't know that. They had good relationships with their Dad - or they wouldn't be in med school - they'd be working the pole (stripper pole). No they wanted it bc of the other thing... (can't say due to not wanting to be banned)...

Really? Didn't know that. They had good relationships with their Dad - or they wouldn't be in med school - they'd be working the pole (stripper pole). No they wanted it bc of the other thing... (can't say due to not wanting to be banned)...
What I'm saying is that their Dads would disapprove if the dudes were brought home. In every relationship I've had with white women, that was the case. If it wasn't it meant that their Dad wasn't in their life. My ex who is at a top 20 med school funded by Daddy was threatened with being out of the trust, paying her own way etc..

And if it's for the stereotype, it gets old when women want to use you as an experiment.

Right, so it's essentially a hullabaloo over nothing. Especially since they're not the ones that have to deal with the marriage on a day to day basis. Yet, if you had married Ark, then it would no longer be a "disgrace".

Right, but its not MY parents or even any of my immediate family that cares. Its all these random third and fourth and god knows what else cousins who have too much money and too much time on their hands and so make it their job to gossip and create dramz from 15000 miles away via phone calls and emails to our parents.

What I'm saying is that their Dads would disapprove if the dudes were brought home. In every relationship I've had with white women, that was the case. If it wasn't it meant that their Dad wasn't in their life. My ex who is at a top 20 med school funded by Daddy was threatened with being out of the trust, paying her own way etc..

And if it's for the stereotype, it gets old when women want to use you as an experiment.

sounds like the threats I used to get like ten years ago. heh.

Well they weren't just white women. But they weren't really interested in long-term relationships either. And they didn't just experiment - they kept going back again, and again, and again...

Right, but its not MY parents or even any of my immediate family that cares. Its all these random third and fourth and god knows what else cousins who have too much money and too much time on their hands and so make it their job to gossip and create dramz from 15000 miles away via phone calls and emails to our parents.
Good grief, then why do they care esp. if your parents and immediate family don't?!?!

Well they weren't just white women. But they weren't really interested in long-term relationships either. And they didn't just experiment - they kept going back again, and again, and again...
Just saying, it happens. It's not as simple as you think.

nothing better to do besides shop, buy gold, drink chai, and gossip about their "americanized family members" being "disgraceful little tramps"
Must be nice to have so much time available to delve so deeply in other people's personal lives on a consistent basis that don't affect them.

So they would do it just to rebel against Dad, not bc they actually wanted it?
I think a lot of it is based in taboo. Not trying to brag but I get the response relating to what you were saying, but I think that the women have preconceived notions and kind of see/feel what they want to.

I think a lot of it is based in taboo. Not trying to brag but I get the response relating to what you were saying, but I think that the women have preconceived notions and kind of see/feel what they want to.
I guess it might have somewhat of a taboo tinge, but that wasn't the reason why they did it. It wasn't like they were racking notches on their gun belt just to be able to say they did it. As far as preconceived notions, the guys didn't do a good job in proving them false.

I guess it might have somewhat of a taboo tinge, but that wasn't the reason why they did it. It wasn't like they were racking notches on their gun belt just to be able to say they did it. As far as preconceived notions, the guys didn't do a good job in proving them false.
Well neither to do I. Sup @Winged Scapula

(don't ban me plz)

Well neither to do I.
Oh my...:whoa:Well aren't you Mr. Popular. :D So then if it's confirmed, and they keep coming back for more then it's not really a taboo/preconceived notion coming into play.

Oh my...:whoa:Well aren't you Mr. Popular. :D So then if it's confirmed, and they keep coming back for more then it's not really a taboo/preconceived notion coming into play.
Like I said, there's an element of confirmation bias in there.

If you gave Arkangeloid a billion the women would feel the same way about him.
Tiger Wood's women didn't receive any money for doing it with him. There may have been celebrity attraction, but there but they didn't receive money. I can almost guarantee Ark could have billion and women wouldn't feel the same way. You have to have skill.

Speaking of men of different backgrounds, Indian men are notorious womanizers who constantly cheat on their wives. Seriously I've met more sketchy Indian men than anything else that are like this.