So I just failed anatomy.....a second time.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Silent Cool

Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow, so these SDN police are super strict. My apologies to the OP of the other "I just failed anatomy" thread.

Anyway, didn't mean to derail the thread topic.

Let's continue...without further off-topic (and off-color) comments.

Members don't see this ad.

For people not following that thread, what's going on now?

Members don't see this ad :)
For people not following that thread, what's going on now?

Nothing has been going on for some time. Ark posted like a year ago that he failed anatomy, then the thread persisted throughout time and ultimately sealed the deal on his banning. Then people spent a little time debating the causes of said banning. Then it devolved into general shenanigans.

Silent Cool for some reason has decided to go trolling today.

Reactions: 6 users
In all seriousness, I am in danger of failing anatomy

What do you think your issue is, written or practical? It's all about practice questions and cadaver identification. Go through your dissector on every cadaver in the room, twice. For written, UMich website as a first stop, then PreTest, Lippencotts, and BRS all the way.

Nothing has been going on for some time. Ark posted like a year ago that he failed anatomy, then the thread persisted throughout time and ultimately sealed the deal on his banning. Then people spent a little time debating the causes of said banning. Then it devolved into general shenanigans.

Silent Cool for some reason has decided to go trolling today.

Ah. That's kinda where it was last I looked at it except for the banning. Gracias

What do you think your issue is, written or practical? It's all about practice questions and cadaver identification. Go through your dissector on every cadaver in the room, twice. For written, UMich website as a first stop, then PreTest, Lippencotts, and BRS all the way.
Both. We started out with head and neck, which I felt was a tough place to start. My biggest issue before was waiting too long to start studying, but for this next exam I'm going back to class and setting time aside to study every day, so hopefully come exam time in 4.5 weeks it will just be a review. That UMich site is pretty awesome. I looked at BRS but didn't find it that helpful.

There is an anatomy dissector online available to students at Georgetown:

http://dml.georgetown.edu/223610.html

I think you might be able to use it if you email and ask (may be pay a small fee).

The other resources I would recommend is this:

http://www.visiblebody.com/index.html

It is an excellent computer program. There is a modest fee. But it is well worth it. Excellent practice and incredible detail.

Reactions: 3 users
Both. We started out with head and neck, which I felt was a tough place to start. My biggest issue before was waiting too long to start studying, but for this next exam I'm going back to class and setting time aside to study every day, so hopefully come exam time in 4.5 weeks it will just be a review. That UMich site is pretty awesome. I looked at BRS but didn't find it that helpful.

Yeah BRS isn't awesome, it won't look or feel like your tests but still hits a lot of the relevant info. PreTest and Lippencotts were fantastic for our exams though. If you can get through those decently you should be okay for the exam, and the explanations are great. Always read why the right answer is right, and the wrong ones are wrong. Head and neck is a rough place to start and besides the pelvis is the hardest part of anatomy.

Edit: Just referring to the BRS questions, btw.

Last edited:
Anatomy is quite boring. Once you understand the spatial relation the rest is just rote memorization. But if still you have problem grasping anatomy you should look into Kaplan videos.

The only way to beat anatomy is to go over it again and again. Gray's anatomy is by far the best book or the easiest I would say for anatomy. A lot of online resources and YouTube videos helped along the way.

Reactions: 1 users

Ya'll started with head and neck? That is a tough place to start. We started with upper limb worked our way down, then did head and neck last. Does anatomy last the whole year at your school? I'm glad we did that crap in an 8 week block, I never want to see it again. We have biochem next.

Reactions: 1 user
Dissecting made remembering the lecture material a little easier.

At the end of the day, it was still a lot of rote memorization and repetition. I'd keep redrawing stuff until getting a better spatial relationship and then adding more clinical stuff and embryo in later.

I was a TA but kept getting sick from the formaldehyde and stopped after a semester. Also, a lot of the students only wanted to know what was likely to be pinned and weren't the least bit interested in learning.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya'll started with head and neck? That is a tough place to start. We started with upper limb worked our way down, then did head and neck last. Does anatomy last the whole year at your school? I'm glad we did that crap in an 8 week block, I never want to see it again. We have biochem next.
Yeah it's the whole year and we were doing head and neck and biochem at the same time because of course we were. Just moved on to back tho, hoping it will be easier :xf:

Yeah it's the whole year and we were doing head and neck and biochem at the same time because of course we were. Just moved on to back tho, hoping it will be easier :xf:

Back is extremely simple

Reactions: 4 users
Everything is more simple than head and neck, except for pelvis and perineum.

LOL
I think I may be ahead of the game in the pelvis/perineum section. That's definitely where my most anatomy knowledge is in :naughty:

Wait are you done with anatomy already??

I saw you walking in for anatomy as I was walking out yesterday and I was very confused.

LOL
I think I may be ahead of the game in the pelvis/perineum section. That's definitely where my most anatomy knowledge is in :naughty:

Wait are you done with anatomy already??

yeah, we're done. And you THINK you know that area, just wait until you meet pudenal nerve and ischoanal fossa.

Kinda weirded out cause I have no idea who you are lol

That's just the way I like it. Although last night I realized I may have stumbled and given you a hint.

We haven't started anatomy, but you guys are scaring me!

Kinda weirded out cause I have no idea who you are lol
We'll figure it out.

And in terms of butt stuff I've got the IT down already so I feel like we got this

^^^ That awkward moment when you realize the person who sits next to you in Anatomy has been stalking you for 3 months.

Reactions: 9 users
Lucille-Animated-gif-arrested-development-3695252-275-155.gif

Reactions: 6 users
Here am I supposed to be studying for these 2 exams I'm about to fail, yet I'm entrenched in this mystery. It's like an Agatha Christie novel.

Reactions: 3 users
Here am I supposed to be studying for these 2 exams I'm about to fail, yet I'm entrenched in this mystery. It's like an Agatha Christie novel.

I have faith in you.

You and Ark are more alike than you realize.

You and Ark are more alike than you realize.
Well for starters I'm happily married, and I don't treat my wife as an object of lust and cleaning.

If you mean that I simply read SDN more than I should while in school, then a lot of us fill that criteria

Hey now. Be nice

Also I'm confounded buttfrogs. I gave you a hint, you could at least return the favor

I was at the Malpractice Bowl this weekend. Not playing.

I was at the Malpractice Bowl this weekend. Not playing.
oo....
that narrows it down. also could mean that we are friends.

interestinggggg

Well for starters I'm happily married, and I don't treat my wife as an object of lust and cleaning.

If you mean that I simply read SDN more than I should while in school, then a lot of us fill that criteria
I'm talking about, " studying for these 2 exams I'm about to fail, yet I'm entrenched in this mystery".

SUCCESS!

The hint that I was worried I accidentally gave you last night involves my avatar.