Shirt Color for Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is ******ed. Four-in-hand is the classic necktie knot and is used by the large majority of tie wearers. Regardless of what knot you use, my point was that good knots should always have a dimple, and the proper tie length is to your belt.

It was also a joke.....you must be a fun guy to hang out with. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Can't go wrong with a white tuxedo, top hat and cane. :thumbup:

white shirt = boring. what this means is that he/she will think that you have no personality, which you wont bc you wore a white shirt. I wore an off white shirt with vertical grey pinstripes (hard to explain) and a cream both with black suit (accepted one, waiting to hear from other)

true its not about what you wear, but if you look plain they will associate plain with you and thats not good.

ps. they love attractive people, gotta go in there looking hot!

Members don't see this ad :)
Jesus people, these are adcoms interviewing hundreds of students ... not psychologists analyzing people via the shirt choices. I wore a white shirt with a black freaking tie to like all my interviews ... did just fine.

I say, wear a scrub top ... show 'em you mean business.

Jesus people, these are adcoms interviewing hundreds of students ... not psychologists analyzing people via the shirt choices. I wore a white shirt with a black freaking tie to like all my interviews ... did just fine.

I say, wear a scrub top ... show 'em you mean business.

Since we are talking about DO schools, I showed up dressed like this guy to let them know I had other options. I think it showed them I really wanted to be there.

4-janitor.jpg

white shirt = boring. what this means is that he/she will think that you have no personality, which you wont bc you wore a white shirt.

Boring to a 20 year old college kid, but proper to professional adults who are interviewing you to become a doctor. As another poster said, interviewing for medical school and residency is not the place to make a fashion statement and try to standout. You want them to remember your personality and accomplishments, not your clothes. I actually heard a doctor <jokingly?> comment to one of the candidates during a tour for a residency program "hey, where's your white shirt?" If you are really hell bent on wearing a light blue or purple/orange shirt (why?!), then go ahead. No sweat off my back.

If you truly can't make up your mind, just wear scrubs.

I went with a dark brown/taupe suit and a dark red shirt and a medium blue shirt... kind of this color :scared:. Got accepted to 4 out of 4 interviews. Another guy at one of my interviews had a light grey suite and he was accepted as well. I don't think colors matter too much as long as they are professional.

You must be the most amazing applicant ever. No school would have turned you down. I must apologize to your highness for asking such a simple-minded question about dressing for interviews. It's hard, though, for those of us without your academic prowess to not worry about out interviews. Please forgive me sire.
I think this response was absolutely hilarious. I've also been debating whether or not to wear white b/c its professional or a different color to stand out. Think i'm going to go with white though.

slik blue shirt, with dk gray and dr pinstripes, yellow/blue tie. you gotta be a little different than all the other 1000 for the interview. although I find it funny this thread has the most replies!

also get the iserson's guide for medical students, it' so detailed, it even tells you how to fold your suit in your suitcase. this book should be given to all pre meds once you pay the application fee. good luck!

I apologize in advance for re-bumping a VERY old thread, but I haven't found anything very recent on the subject.

I am a graduate student a an allopathic medical school and watch these herds of interviewees in black suits.... EVERYONE is wearing a BLACK suit. Is there some sort of unspoken rule or secret society of the Black Suit Wearers?

In all seriousness... why only Black?

I apologize in advance for re-bumping a VERY old thread, but I haven't found anything very recent on the subject.

I am a graduate student a an allopathic medical school and watch these herds of interviewees in black suits.... EVERYONE is wearing a BLACK suit. Is there some sort of unspoken rule or secret society of the Black Suit Wearers?

In all seriousness... why only Black?

Just a bunch of big Johnny Cash fans.

Just a bunch of big Johnny Cash fans.

"[FONT=verdana,][SIZE=-1]When I was arrested I was dressed in black
They put me on a train and they took me back
Had no friend for to go my bail they slapped my dried up carcass in that country jail"

Johnny Cash
Cocaine Blues
[/SIZE].