Robert Wood Johnson - Class Of 2010!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
gotgame83 said:
I was wondering if anyone could confirm this? For some reason i thought it was the 2nd and last thursday but I could be mistaken.

I got the call on Dec 1 last year which was the first Thursday of the month. Don't know about 3rd Thursdays.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for the reply. I wasnt sure because i remember reading an old RWJ thread from last year and they called on the last thursday that april, and i received my interview invite shortly after the second thursday in march. I dunno though.

I remember also that they said that the adcom meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays. I just wasn't sure whether you get a call on those days too or whether waitlisted people also get a call or not. Meanwhile I will continue to enjoy this beautiful California summer while I am still here :)

Members don't see this ad :)
SalseraDoctora said:
I remember also that they said that the adcom meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays. I just wasn't sure whether you get a call on those days too or whether waitlisted people also get a call or not. Meanwhile I will continue to enjoy this beautiful California summer while I am still here :)

THank you. I guess I can hold my breathe next thursday then. (Yes I am clinging on to what little hope I have)

gotgame83 said:
THank you. I guess I can hold my breathe next thursday then. (Yes I am clinging on to what little hope I have)

hey, just to let you know,

the adcom is meeting on may 4. mark my words on that.

theunderdog said:
hey, just to let you know,

the adcom is meeting on may 4. mark my words on that.
Okay then I will hold my breath till Thursday night :oops:

As will I. Best of luck to u Salsera. It would be an SDN miracle if we both got a phone call this week. If not Ill show off my salsa skills(or lack there of, i took one class a year ago) and amaze all the RWJ people. LoL ok no one should EVER see me try to dance

gotgame83 said:
As will I. Best of luck to u Salsera. It would be an SDN miracle if we both got a phone call this week. If not Ill show off my salsa skills(or lack there of, i took one class a year ago) and amaze all the RWJ people. LoL ok no one should EVER see me try to dance

Well who knows, it is getting close to May 15 so maybe some people are making that final decision and opening up some spots. Who did you interview with?

As for your salsa, I am sure it is fabulous :D

I interviewed with Dr. Kiss. (pronounced KiSH). As for my salsa, i think i scarred my dancing partner for life that nite lol.

Hey guys,
I'm planning on living in New Brunswick next year so I can have easy walking access to the train/hospital/shops/etc....any advice on housing? Or does anyone have a good case to live in Piscataway or Highland Park?

babelfish said:
Hey guys,
I'm planning on living in New Brunswick next year so I can have easy walking access to the train/hospital/shops/etc....any advice on housing? Or does anyone have a good case to live in Piscataway or Highland Park?

Depending on where you live in Highland Park, you could still be in reasonably close walking distance to the hospital and train station (maybe a 10-20 minute walk).

Sureshot83 said:
Depending on where you live in Highland Park, you could still be in reasonably close walking distance to the hospital and train station (maybe a 10-20 minute walk).

Hey Sureshot,

You mentioned that you know of several people who live in the Colony House in NB? Do you know if they walk or drive to school? The lady in the building said that RWJ was 5 min away but I wasnt sure if she meant walking distance or driving.

Thanks!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
beponychick said:
Hey Sureshot,

You mentioned that you know of several people who live in the Colony House in NB? Do you know if they walk or drive to school? The lady in the building said that RWJ was 5 min away but I wasnt sure if she meant walking distance or driving.

Thanks!!!!

She must have meant driving. That would take less than 5 minutes, but walking would take at least 20, maybe 30, I would think.

Good luck to all of us who might hear from the adcom tomorrow! :luck:

SalseraDoctora said:
Good luck to all of us who might hear from the adcom tomorrow! :luck:

i'm in the same boat as you guys! after two thursdays ago, i waited for my waitlist letter... never came, so there's hope yet! good luck to you guys!

m_cricket said:
i'm in the same boat as you guys! after two thursdays ago, i waited for my waitlist letter... never came, so there's hope yet! good luck to you guys!

thats a cute dog.

My second interview was only on the 28th so Im not really expecting a call. BUT if i was to expect a call what time does she normally call at lol

Well it's 8:35 and no call so I guess it's waitlisted for me. I am sick of the waitlist!

Same here, nothing. Waitlisted it is. SOM here I come! Unless Terregino just wants to call me a little bit later...

Still some hope, if you look back to the 2nd page someone got a phone call the friday morning after the meeting....

How do we delete a post once it is posted? Mine got posted twice (see below)

Really? Yay if that is true.

My goodness I am just feeling a little emotionally drained with all this waiting. Could they drag this out any more?!

me three. chicago here i come. gotta love how umdnj's send their jersey students away.

chiggachu said:
I just got the call (well, voicemail) from Dr. Terregino. I was studying in the library and my phone went off, so naturally I didn't pick it up. After a while I checked the voicemail and heard the good news. Apparently she called my home and my dad gave her my cell number!
So she called you Friday morning? Is that true? No I'm not grasping at straws ;)

SalseraDoctora said:
Really? Yay if that is true.

My goodness I am just feeling a little emotionally drained with all this waiting. Could they drag this out any more?!

Im pretty sure they can, and will. Yea a person on the 2nd page of this thread said they called early friday morning. I guess Im gonna have to take my cell phone with me running 2morrow morning.

SalseraDoctora said:
chiggachu said:
I just got the call (well, voicemail) from Dr. Terregino. I was studying in the library and my phone went off, so naturally I didn't pick it up. After a while I checked the voicemail and heard the good news. Apparently she called my home and my dad gave her my cell number!
So she called you Friday morning? Is that true? No I'm not grasping at straws ;)

Oh cmon grasp with me lol

Well I have a test tomorrow morning so I will check my voicemail after I get out in the afternoon. And I will check this website then to see how things turned out for you also :) RWJ doesn't know what it is missing!

No, it was at night. But I don't remember it being Thursday (I don't do reading on Thurs nights :)). It was probably earlier in the week...sorry to mess with the Thursday night urban legend.

Yea that was my fault, I looked at the time and date of ur post and saw that it was a friday morning. Oh well, she didnt call me, although my friend did call me at 10am from his house line which is a (732) number so as I was still half asleep my heart started to race, only to be dissapointed by my friend lol

Too funny about your friend and the phonecall :) Oh well. I guess it is off to New York with me then. Yay!

SalseraDoctora said:
Too funny about your friend and the phonecall :) Oh well. I guess it is off to New York with me then. Yay!

Hi Salsera,

Sorry to hear about the no phone call. Im sure there is still a chance. If RWJ doesnt work out, what school will you be heading to?

Well I still am holding out hope for RWJ. It is my first choice. But if I don't get in there then I am off to Downstate. :)

EDIT. sorry, thought you got into mount sinai!

Don't be sorry, I like Downstate too :D

Thanks but I really still do want to come to RWJ. :(

Well we still have a chance to be on the high priority waitlist....i guess this was the last time they met before the 15th so thats the best we can hope for now. Best of luck to all the waitlisters...

gotgame83 said:
Well we still have a chance to be on the high priority waitlist....i guess this was the last time they met before the 15th so thats the best we can hope for now. Best of luck to all the waitlisters...

Did anyone hear this past thursday? It seems to me that they may not have made any phone calls? Maybe just wishful thinking for you guys. :)

I love the way you think bepony. I was thinking that too but Salsera told me not to grasp at straws and NOW I think she might be right. But hey, Terregino, if your reading this and you wanna call me to tell me im accepted, please call at any hour, I promise not to be too mad.

I also definitely give you a gold star for attitude bepony. :) Maybe? As for grasping at straws: I hereby give everybody permission to do it! Myself included of course. And yes, Dr. Terregino you can call me also any time you want. Hmmm now this is sounding like a dating website :D

hahaha, except I think Dr. Terregino knows more about me then any date ever. Im sure they already did a background check on me. I wonder if all females do that...that could explain why my first date to second date ratio is pretty high...

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the letter after the meeting?

gotgame83 said:

i got my letter today, but that's probably because i live 20 min away. i'd guess monday or tuesday for you.

and, remind me again, what does "very competitive category" imply? it's not the alternate list b/c it continues to say "a decision regarding acceptance or placement on our alternate list will be made shortly."

thanks for the help guys. talk about grasping at straws...

I will probably get mine on monday then, I live about an hour away. Without doing a search on SDN i think the waitlist is this, High priority>very competitive> waitlist.... i think thats what it is, but if some wrong please someone correct me.

hope this helps m_cricket

beponychick said:
As far as I know, you can go either way after receiving the competitive letter. Many people get waitlisted, and a few get accepted. It seems that most people who get outright accepted do not get the letter. It may be that your application was reviewed already, and they could not decide whether or not to admit you, and deferred the decision to a later date. In either case, you can still get in. Good luck.

Oh, and just from personal experience: I applied to RWJ two years ago, received the competitive letter, was waitlisted and ultimately not accepted. This year I applied again, did not receive the competitive letter, and was accepted. :luck: :luck:

gotgame83 said:

a few weeks ago, for my letter, the committee met on thursday. my letter was dated friday and i got it on saturday. i live in nj and i'm on high priority wl.

hope that helps.

yes that does help, that means if i dont get it this week its possible they didnt review my file yet. I dont know when else the committee would meet though? I dont know, we will see where I stand after monday or tuesday.