Robert Wood Johnson - Class Of 2010!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
haha i love italian food! in undergrad i always slept past 1, but i'm DEFINITELY not doing that in med school.... i'm pretty anal about keeping things clean too (i'm the nazi in my current apt w/ 3 other guys)

maybe we should split a 3BR.. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

3BR? I'm game!

I am also the nazi with 3 other suitemates. seriously, is it that hard to recycle your beer bottles?

feel free to IM me...It's in my profile now.

chiggachu said:
3BR? I'm game!

I am also the nazi with 3 other suitemates. seriously, is it that hard to recycle your beer bottles?

feel free to IM me...It's in my profile now.

hey guys, there is a good chance i'll be going to rwj next yr. and i'm probably interested in room mate discussions too. let me know what you guys are considering.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know if all the scholarships have been awarded by now?

Also, does anyone know what kind of stats you need to get one of those?

thx guys.

Also, Where is society Hill townhouses?

I went to Rutgers New bruns and just as an FYI, you guys should all consider highland park and possibly edison as an option.
Especially Highland park.
It's a nice quiet town, right accross the bridge from new bruns and very close to RWJMS.
Rents are pretty good (much better than New Bruns) and there are a bunch of nice little restaurants around that area.

Alright, it's Friday.
Let's have fun.

I put my AIM sn in my profile also. I'll try to contact you guys later tonight or this weekend.

NunoBR said:

thx guys.

Also, Where is society Hill townhouses?

I went to Rutgers New bruns and just as an FYI, you guys should all consider highland park and possibly edison as an option.
Especially Highland park.
It's a nice quiet town, right accross the bridge from new bruns and very close to RWJMS.
Rents are pretty good (much better than New Bruns) and there are a bunch of nice little restaurants around that area.

Alright, it's Friday.
Let's have fun.

I went to Rutgers and just interviewed. Rt. 18/Rt. 27 is a disaster zone. Living in Highland Park/Edison can get you stuck in that area. Society Hill is in Piscataway, about 5 min away from the campus.

m_cricket said:
I went to Rutgers and just interviewed. Rt. 18/Rt. 27 is a disaster zone. Living in Highland Park/Edison can get you stuck in that area. Society Hill is in Piscataway, about 5 min away from the campus.

Highland park is any option. Maybe not for everyone.
I lived there for 2 years and never NEVER got stuck in traffic.
In addittion, it's walking distance to the hospital, about 5 blocks.
But Society hill seems very nice.

NunoBR said:

+1.. i'd also like to know about the scholarships...

actually, has anyone gotten their finaid packages yet? if so, when did you apply?

shift_roro said:
+1.. i'd also like to know about the scholarships...

actually, has anyone gotten their finaid packages yet? if so, when did you apply?

Nope, nothing here. Im getting a bit anxious. I feel we should be applying for loans already. That process takes some time!

beponychick said:
Nope, nothing here. Im getting a bit anxious. I feel we should be applying for loans already. That process takes some time!

What else do we have to do besides FASFA? Anything?

NunoBR said:
What else do we have to do besides FASFA? Anything?

I got a letter from them saying they need to see a copy of my income tax return. Did anyone else get this? I think its kinda weird that they didnt request this sooner. They said my application cannot be processed without it. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a small update. The day after my interview I had emailed Dr. Terregino with my concerns about my interview experience. She emailed me back offering me another interview and I told her that despite all of which happend im sure I performed very well in interview and declined another interview. However, this morning I received a phone call from a Meryl* stating that she had a copy of Dr. ***** interview report and in the business of fairness she really wanted me to come back for another interview. I will be interviewing again at RWJMS at 10am April 21st with a Dr. Kiss (Anesthesia) a member of the adcom.

gotgame83 said:
Just a small update. The day after my interview I had emailed Dr. Terregino with my concerns about my interview experience. She emailed me back offering me another interview and I told her that despite all of which happend im sure I performed very well in interview and declined another interview. However, this morning I received a phone call from a Meryl* stating that she had a copy of Dr. ***** interview report and in the business of fairness she really wanted me to come back for another interview. I will be interviewing again at RWJMS at 10am April 21st with a Dr. Kiss (Anesthesia) a member of the adcom.

Dr. Terregino is cool like that. The admin at RWJ is definitely one of the better ones I've encountered during this app cycle. Good luck on the second interview. You should stick around for the spring reception since it's the same day.

NehsNairb said:
Dr. Terregino is cool like that. The admin at RWJ is definitely one of the better ones I've encountered during this app cycle. Good luck on the second interview. You should stick around for the spring reception since it's the same day.

LoL, i think if i went to the spring reception that would just be a tease lol. But maybe I will try to grab some food and meet some people from SDN.

gotgame83 said:

oh wow, so he must have written something bad if she personally asked you for another interview after you declined. thats crazy. but i think its a great opportunity for you and hopefully it will work out. good luck!

For anybody wondering about financial aid, I received my fin aid package today. I completed FAFSA mid-February and sent in all necessary forms and tax returns to RWJ by mid-March.

NehsNairb said:
For anybody wondering about financial aid, I received my fin aid package today. I completed FAFSA mid-February and sent in all necessary forms and tax returns to RWJ by mid-March.

did they give any info about scholarships or state grants? and are they need based?

Sorry for the delayed response. The letter was sent to my permanent address, so I needed to call my mom to get the exact info.

Regarding scholarships and grants, I have no idea. My mediocre stats probably precluded me from qualifying for free money.

As for what I received, they gave me both perkins and stafford loans although the amount wasn't up to the figure I had requested. But they said this was a preliminary package and they'll offer more loans in June. I don't know the exact wording, but that's the basic jist I gathered from what my mom told me.

I wouldn't worry about having to get outside loans. If you requested aid up to budget, I think they'll give you the max in stafford loans which is around $40,000(if I remember correctly). The estimated budget for a student at RWJ is about $43,000. If you can't make up the difference, just cut some corners when spending to bring your budget down to $40,000.

hey everyone!
just wonderin' how the selection process works at rwj? does ur application go through two committee meetings?
the reason i ask is I received a letter stating that i am placed in the very competitive category, but that a decision regarding acceptance or alternate list will be made shortly....i hope this is a good sign :confused:

i interviewed in late feb. and would love to attend!!!!

froggo37 said:
hey everyone!
just wonderin' how the selection process works at rwj? does ur application go through two committee meetings?
the reason i ask is I received a letter stating that i am placed in the very competitive category, but that a decision regarding acceptance or alternate list will be made shortly....i hope this is a good sign :confused:

i interviewed in late feb. and would love to attend!!!!

As far as I know, you can go either way after receiving the competitive letter. Many people get waitlisted, and a few get accepted. It seems that most people who get outright accepted do not get the letter. It may be that your application was reviewed already, and they could not decide whether or not to admit you, and deferred the decision to a later date. In either case, you can still get in. Good luck.

Oh, and just from personal experience: I applied to RWJ two years ago, received the competitive letter, was waitlisted and ultimately not accepted. This year I applied again, did not receive the competitive letter, and was accepted. :luck: :luck:

beponychick said:
As far as I know, you can go either way after receiving the competitive letter. Many people get waitlisted, and a few get accepted. It seems that most people who get outright accepted do not get the letter. It may be that your application was reviewed already, and they could not decide whether or not to admit you, and deferred the decision to a later date. In either case, you can still get in. Good luck.

Oh, and just from personal experience: I applied to RWJ two years ago, received the competitive letter, was waitlisted and ultimately not accepted. This year I applied again, did not receive the competitive letter, and was accepted. :luck: :luck:

thanx for the info! i'll keep my fingers crossed!

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but who is going to the spring reception? I am!

chiggachu said:
I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but who is going to the spring reception? I am!

I'll be there. Had to beg my boss to let me have a half day off. sheesh. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I don't know if I am going.
I'm kind of torn about it.
Jeff is on the same day.
What is the day gonna be all about? lunch and talk?

chiggachu said:

Me! See you guys then!

So I know this is sort of premature because we haven't actually picked the place yet, but my family is looking into purchasing a 3 bedroom.. anyone want to live with me? I'm thinking the rent will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 600-700? Not really a partier - looking for roommates who are fairly neat, laidback, conscientious, studious, don't mind kicking back and watching tv or a movie or playing poker once in a while. We haven't picked the place out yet, but I think it'll be about 10 minutes away and will have at least 2 bathrooms. PM me if you're at all interested.

Hey I'm interested! Are you male or female? I'm a girl, will be an MS1, and would love to have a couple roommates. Let me know more, PM me!

Hi everybody!
I am definitely going!!!
See you all there :p

shift_roro said:
hey a little more info vegita... or if you're goin to the spring reception on the 21st we can talk more about it then? my name is rich btw...

Are there any non-traditional students among all you 2010 RWJSM people? Or anybody who likes to dance salsa? :)

SalseraDoctora said:
Are there any non-traditional students among all you 2010 RWJSM people? Or anybody who likes to dance salsa? :)

Im sort of a non-trad student. graduated in 2003 and worked in a law firm since then... and yes, i like to salsa dance ;)

Great ;) If I end up at RWJ we definitely have to arrange a salsa night for people who are interested. I am from CA and know all the places out here but I have no idea where to go in NJ or NY. Does your bf salsa?

SalseraDoctora said:
Great ;) If I end up at RWJ we definitely have to arrange a salsa night for people who are interested. I am from CA and know all the places out here but I have no idea where to go in NJ or NY. Does your bf salsa?

I am actually going to a place this Wednesday in NYC. There are a ton of places here so dont worry about it. :) My bf likes to dance, doesnt really matter what type of dancing. Thats what I like about him... he has no problem being goofy. :p

beponychick said:
I am actually going to a place this Wednesday in NYC. There are a ton of places here so dont worry about it. :) My bf likes to dance, doesnt really matter what type of dancing. Thats what I like about him... he has no problem being goofy. :p

Nova Terra is a pretty hot spot for Salsa.

The martinis are pretty good too.

Good times. :thumbup:

NunoBR said:
Nova Terra is a pretty hot spot for Salsa.

The martinis are pretty good too.

Good times. :thumbup:

I love salsaing but I'm pretty terrible at it. Just started doing it.

For those of you that are going to the reception, were we supposed to have received anything about it other than the email? Like a parking pass or anything like that? Thanks!

good question about the parking.. i'm guessing the front desk will validate one for us? i just called up to RSVP so i'll definitely be there. if anyone wants to discuss sharing an apt for next yr, my name is rich ro..

o ya and i asked how many had RSVP'd so far and she said a good 70. lookin forward to meeting those of you who will be goin and the rest of our class..

shift_roro said:
good question about the parking.. i'm guessing the front desk will validate one for us? i just called up to RSVP so i'll definitely be there. if anyone wants to discuss sharing an apt for next yr, my name is rich ro..

o ya and i asked how many had RSVP'd so far and she said a good 70. lookin forward to meeting those of you who will be goin and the rest of our class..

im going to be taking the NJ Transit train there. Anyone know how close the reception is to the train station?

so much luv for RWJMS....i think everybody stopped posting on the NJMS Class of 2010 thread... :(

ASDIC said:
so much luv for RWJMS....i think everybody stopped posting on the NJMS Class of 2010 thread... :(

Are you guys having another accepted students day as well?

beponychick said:
im going to be taking the NJ Transit train there. Anyone know how close the reception is to the train station?

Yeah, it's really close. It's one block from the train station to RWJ Hospital. The Child Health Institute(where the reception is being held) is the next block over.

Question to the guys, what are you wearing to the reception? I've decided on a button down shirt but not sure if I should put on a tie or not.

NehsNairb said:
Yeah, it's really close. It's one block from the train station to RWJ Hospital. The Child Health Institute(where the reception is being held) is the next block over.

Question to the guys, what are you wearing to the reception? I've decided on a button down shirt but not sure if I should put on a tie or not.

Its business casual, right? So I assume nice jeans is out of the question?

ours is June 2nd...looking forward to it :D

ASDIC said:

What can we say?

Better on SDN...

Better at ping-pong...

The list can go on and on but these are two undeniable facts!

Hahaha! ;)

business casual?? i thought it was just casual, btw is any of you coming back to the philly area, my friend wouldn't be able to drive me back, so it would be nice if someone could drive me back.

Yeah, who said business casual? Was it in one of the emails? (maybe it was in the email with the horribly produced pdf that should have been landscape instead of vertical...anyone else notice this??)

I don't know why you can't wear jeans. If I go I definitely will. They aren't going to rescind your acceptance because they don't approve of your pants :D

Hey Nuno where is Nova Terra? And do they have Brazilian music too?