Robert Wood Johnson - Class Of 2010!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for your help. Hopefully its not full and your friends that got accepted that late definitely give me hope. That match list looks great!

Sureshot83 said:
FYI......here is the match list for the RWJ Class of 2006:

http://rwjms.umdnj.edu/news_publications/news/match2006.htm

Pretty good, in my humble opinion! 8 orthos (2 penn, 1 northwestern), 7 anesthesia (all in great places), 1 combined plastics (only 88 spots in the country), 1 derm at MGH, 1 neurosurgery, 1 ENT, 1 rad-onc (111 spots in the country), 5 ophtho, a lot of rads, a bunch of IM and peds at nationally reknowned hospitals, etc. There's a lot to look forward to if you've been admitted to the RWJ Class of 2010.

My advice....compare this list to the other (private) schools you have been accepted to and see if the difference is worth 80 grand over four years. I strongly believe that unless you get into a top 10 (maaaaybe top 20) school, the extra cost of tuition is just going to represent two years worth of residency salary down the drain.

Gotgame83: Sorry that I don't really know anything specific about Dr. Mark Butler, but a quick online search revealed he is an orthopaedic surgeon and an alum of the school, if that helps. Also, I am pretty sure that the class is not full, as I know a few of my friends were accepted in April last year, after being interviewed in March.

Members don't see this ad.

Sureshot83 said:
FYI......here is the match list for the RWJ Class of 2006:

http://rwjms.umdnj.edu/news_publications/news/match2006.htm

Pretty good, in my humble opinion! 8 orthos (2 penn, 1 northwestern), 7 anesthesia (all in great places), 1 combined plastics (only 88 spots in the country), 1 derm at MGH, 1 neurosurgery, 1 ENT, 1 rad-onc (111 spots in the country), 5 ophtho, a lot of rads, a bunch of IM and peds at nationally reknowned hospitals, etc. There's a lot to look forward to if you've been admitted to the RWJ Class of 2010.

My advice....compare this list to the other (private) schools you have been accepted to and see if the difference is worth 80 grand over four years. I strongly believe that unless you get into a top 10 (maaaaybe top 20) school, the extra cost of tuition is just going to represent two years worth of residency salary down the drain.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :love: :love: :love: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Is the spring reception like a second look? I'm debating whether to go or not because I'd have to skip work that day. Is anybody here going?

Members don't see this ad :)
NehsNairb said:
Is the spring reception like a second look? I'm debating whether to go or not because I'd have to skip work that day. Is anybody here going?

Yeah I think its like a second look where you will get to meet your future classmates.

Ill definitely be there! :)

shift_roro said:
hmmmm.... should i go?

I think you should definitely go. Do you have something else more interesting to do on that day? ;)

On a different note, did anyone receive a financial aid package from RWJ yet? Im getting a bit worried since I feel it is time to apply for loans and such. Anyone hear anything about it?

Also, am i correct in thinking that we do not apply for loans until we receive the award letter from Fin Aid?

Thanks guys!

i would have to drive 3 hrs down to NJ... but i think i will come down since the NY auto show is that weekend too ;)

as for the finaid, i completed/sent in everything last monday so i haven't heard back from them yet. when did you send in your application?

shift_roro said:
i would have to drive 3 hrs down to NJ... but i think i will come down since the NY auto show is that weekend too ;)

as for the finaid, i completed/sent in everything last monday so i haven't heard back from them yet. when did you send in your application?

Oh, i sent mine in a while ago. Over a month for sure (probably more). So hopefully we will hear something soon.

Yeah im thinking of going to the autoshow too! Should be great! :)

gotgame83 said:
hahaha i finally got an interview, well I called RWJ quite a few times in the last 12weeks and i always heard " you should hear something next week, or by next tuesday the latest" well I had not heard a word out of them until yesterday when i received an interview invite. Its for march 28th. I asked the lady on the phone if there were still spots open or if this was just for the waitlist and she said they only interview if there are spots open. Do you guys think this is a waste? From what i can tell lots of people are waitlisted and i havent heard of anyone getting an acceptance from them this late in the game.

i got the exact same thing! my interview is April 7th. i thought it was a little strange that it's so late. the lady at the admissions office gave me the same response. i had pretty much given up all hope on them, but i'm not going to hold my breathe.

yours is tomorrow, so good luck!!! you never know..

Thanks. Yea is 1:06am i better be getting to bed. When i went to UMDNJ newark last time there was an accident on the parkway and I was late for the meeting. Im giving myself plenty of time 2morrow. Ill find out as many answers to the admission/waitlist/spots open questions as I can. My interview isnt until 3:30pm so I wont be posting until much later 2morrow.

gotgame83 said:
Thanks. Yea is 1:06am i better be getting to bed. When i went to UMDNJ newark last time there was an accident on the parkway and I was late for the meeting. Im giving myself plenty of time 2morrow. Ill find out as many answers to the admission/waitlist/spots open questions as I can. My interview isnt until 3:30pm so I wont be posting until much later 2morrow.

Good luck!!!! I have a Developmental Biology exam tomorrow which im still cramming for. I wish we could trade places. :) You'll do great!!!

m_cricket said:
i got the exact same thing! my interview is April 7th. i thought it was a little strange that it's so late. the lady at the admissions office gave me the same response. i had pretty much given up all hope on them, but i'm not going to hold my breathe.

yours is tomorrow, so good luck!!! you never know..

Hey there. Just wanted to let you know I just recieved confirmation of my withdrawl of acceptance, so i know there is at least one more spot open. Good luck!

I called the fin aid yesterday to make sure they received all the necessary forms from me. I suggest calling and checking if you're a compulsive and paranoid freak like I am. My file was complete but still has to be reviewed. The person I spoke with said they should be sending the fin aid packages in about 2 weeks or so.

I'll be going to the spring reception also. It should be fun to meet potential classmates. I'll probably stick around for the weekend and look at some housing also.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got back from my interview. The actual interview wasnt until 330 and rt 18 was backup up due to construction. The First part of the day was good. I really enjoyed the school. The tour guides were great and Its definitly a school I would consider. Then came the interview....

This was not my best interview experience. The very first thing the guy did was try to call BS on my amcas application. He claimed that i marked that i was "underrepresented" on my application and that he can tell im not so why did I lie. Well I had a folder with my with my amcas application in it and told him that it doesnt say that then he proceeds to tell me that HIS copy does. So then he says no other interviewer probably ever commented on it because they didnt read ur file. And i said, " No they never commented on it because its not there." So it wasnt a good way to start off the interview.

He told me that they have already handed out 156 acceptances and that everyone else is on a waitlist and as some people decline the acceptance they hand out more acceptances and why in the last few weeks acceptances were still going out. He also told me that last year they accepted people off the waitlist up until the first day of class. He told me its not an official ranked waitlist but everyone someone withdraws they reorganize it whatever that means. Oh and he also told me that he only interview one person a week on tuesdays and he has 3 more interviews after me so thats another 3 weeks of interview so I wasnt the last person.

Now most of that contradicts what the deal told me 2 hours earlier. She said that the class IS NOT FULL

Oh and I almost forgot, at the end I happend to notice the hospital name on his Id card(not RWJ) so i mentioned it because i was familiar with the hospital and then he started really talking down about other hospitals. I mean i might not know all the inside stuff but that was kind of unprofessional to me. But at that point i wasnt taking what he said to heart because at some point in the convo he told me and i quote " No applying earlier doesnt help your applications"

I appologize if this post had a negative tone. I LOVED the school, and i like how they keep track on the ping pong against NJMS lol. THe people and the atmosphere was great however Im not counting on my interview to land me a seat.

wow...sorry you got stuck with a major douchebag. i would email dr. terraginio to explain what happened and request another interview. i think they grant second interviews if you honestly feel that the first one didn't give you a fair chance to present yourself. it's worth the shot because rwj is too good of a school to pass up on just because you got an ass for an interviewer.

gotgame83 said:
I just got back from my interview. The actual interview wasnt until 330 and rt 18 was backup up due to construction. The First part of the day was good. I really enjoyed the school. The tour guides were great and Its definitly a school I would consider. Then came the interview....

This was not my best interview experience. The very first thing the guy did was try to call BS on my amcas application. He claimed that i marked that i was "underrepresented" on my application and that he can tell im not so why did I lie. Well I had a folder with me with my amcas application in it, i showed it to him and obivously it doesnt say that, then he proceeds to tell me that HIS copy does. So then he says no other interviewer probably ever commented on it because they didnt read ur file. And i said, " No they never commented on it because its not there." So it wasnt a good way to start off the interview.
Then came all the common interview questions etc. So then we talked about the admission process and he looks at my mcat score (29) and he says. " Wow ur mcat score is pretty bad" so im thinking (f$ck off pal) and then he says yea well the average mcat score for RWJ is 35 for women and 34 for men. And i said, " Well the dean just said it was around 30-31, and the website says its around a 30-31 and so does the MSAR, and he says again, " No its around 34-35, and we dont normally give interviews to people under 30" So we talk some more and then he ask me about the future of medicine, about 35seconds into my response i caught him starting to dose off, like good 5 second blinks. So i just stopped answering it. So i wanted to get the most out of the interview so i asked him about the selection process and where it was at now.

He told me that they have already handed out 156 acceptances and that everyone else is on a waitlist and as some people decline the acceptance they hand out more acceptances and why in the last few weeks acceptances were still going out. He also told me that last year they accepted people off the waitlist up until the first day of class. He told me its not an official ranked waitlist but everyone someone withdraws they reorganize it whatever that means. Oh and he also told me that he only interview one person a week on tuesdays and he has 3 more interviews after me so thats another 3 weeks of interview so I wasnt the last person.

Now most of that contradicts what the deal told me 2 hours earlier. She said that the class IS NOT FULL (she wouldnt/couldnt give a number when I asked her for a specific figure).

Oh and I almost forgot, at the end I happend to notice the hospital name on his Id card(not RWJ) so i mentioned it because i was familiar with the hospital and then he started really talking down about other hospitals. I mean i might not know all the inside stuff but that was kind of unprofessional to me. But at that point i wasnt taking what he said to heart because at some point in the convo he told me and i quote " No applying earlier doesnt help your applications"

I appologize if this post had a negative tone. I LOVED the school, and i like how they keep track on the ping pong against NJMS lol. THe people and the atmosphere was great however Im not counting on my interview to land me a seat.

Wow, im really sorry about your experience. it totally sucks to have an aweful interviewer. I had a horrible experience at VCU with the interviewer constantly putting me down. I left that interview in tears! But people told me later on that some interviewers just like to push your buttons and see how you respond under pressure. Alot of the stuff he said is just plain wrong. I got in this year with a <30 MCAT and got interviewed two years ago with a <25 MCAT! Its not all about numbers and my interviewer this time around made that clear to me. But then again, some people totally assume that high MCATs will make you the best physician.

Yes, email Dr. Terregino. She is great and would be able to advise you as to what you should do. Your MCAT is not bad at all (I dont know what your GPA is though). You are a NJ resident? Good luck.

my overall GPA is a 3.58 and my BCPM is a 3.68 and I am a NJ resident. Yea, somehow i dont think he was just pushing my buttons. The entire interview was about 70minutes. I have had some tough interviews before, meaning difficult thought provoking questions and needing background knowledge etc etc but today I was more then tough. My interviewer is on the admissions committe. Some information i did get though is that the comittee is made up of 27 member and they meet twice a month.

I dunno it seemed like today he was just trying to make me feel wrong. OK please correct me if im wrong but are u able to hold multiple acceptances past may 15th? I said u werent allowed to he said u werent supposed to but u can hold as many as u wanted for as long as u want. Oh and i was talking about how residencies and how RWJ has a great match list and good board scores. And hes said, " No boards scores dont mean much, your grades in your class mean the most" Oh and this actually made me laugh today, earlier in the conversation i was telling him all the reasons why i want to go to RWJ and he said, " It doesnt make a difference which medical school you go to its all the same." Then later on in the conversation he kept pressing me with the question " where have you interviewed and were are u accepted" so i finally told him. And hes like, " No one chooses those schools over RWJ, we have a better program" Im like damnit you just said u thought all medical schools were the same!! I just laughed and didnt respond to it. At times he would be normal for a few minutes but he lacked much expression. But to his defense he did offer me something to drink and told me how to get back to rt 18 lol

gotgame83 said:
my overall GPA is a 3.58 and my BCPM is a 3.68 and I am a NJ resident. Yea, somehow i dont think he was just pushing my buttons. The entire interview was about 70minutes. I have had some tough interviews before, meaning difficult thought provoking questions and needing background knowledge etc etc but today I was more then tough. My interviewer is on the admissions committe. Some information i did get though is that the comittee is made up of 27 member and they meet twice a month.

I dunno it seemed like today he was just trying to make me feel wrong. OK please correct me if im wrong but are u able to hold multiple acceptances past may 15th? I said u werent allowed to he said u werent supposed to but u can hold as many as u wanted for as long as u want. Oh and i was talking about how residencies and how RWJ has a great match list and good board scores. And hes said, " No boards scores dont mean much, your grades in your class mean the most" Oh and this actually made me laugh today, earlier in the conversation i was telling him all the reasons why i want to go to RWJ and he said, " It doesnt make a difference which medical school you go to its all the same." Then later on in the conversation he kept pressing me with the question " where have you interviewed and were are u accepted" so i finally told him. And hes like, " No one chooses those schools over RWJ, we have a better program" Im like damnit you just said u thought all medical schools were the same!! I just laughed and didnt respond to it. At times he would be normal for a few minutes but he lacked much expression. But to his defense he did offer me something to drink and told me how to get back to rt 18 lol

Well your GPA seems fine. And no, according to AMCAS rules, you cannot hold multiple acceptances past May 15th. I think you can remain on waitlists though.

Argh, well I hope you hear some positive news. Many people have had acceptances after horrible interviews. Hopefully you'll be one of them. :)

If RWJ, doesnt work out, where will you be heading in the Fall?

If RWJ doesnt work out I will be at umdnj-som(im waitlisted at other schools though) Ha, yea i really want to email him that statement from the aamc about multiple acceptances, he insisted you can hold multiple acceptances for as long as u wanted to. And my application didnt say i was underrepresented!! lol, i was pissed on the ride home but im laughing about it now.

gotgame83 said:
If RWJ doesnt work out I will be at umdnj-som(im waitlisted at other schools though) Ha, yea i really want to email him that statement from the aamc about multiple acceptances, he insisted you can hold multiple acceptances for as long as u wanted to. And my application didnt say i was underrepresented!! lol, i was pissed on the ride home but im laughing about it now.

so you never put that you were URM? did you fill out that disadvantage part of the AMCAS? maybe that is what he was referring to?

Not at all! Its so frustrating. I had a copy of amcas on me. And i just checked it online again right now. I specifically said NO, and that i wasnt disadvantaged. And under disadvantaged childhood information it is all blank!!! (yes i know im yelling online ill stop now lol) but its just so frustrating that he tried to make it seem like i was lieing.

This is a copy paste:

gotgame83 said:
This is a copy paste:

Citizenship

Legal Residence
State: New Jersey
County: Ocean

Ethnicity
Not Spanish/Hispanic/Latino/Latina

Race
White

Languages
English (Primary)

Disadvantaged Status
You do not wish to be considered a disadvantaged applicant by any of your designated medical schools that may consider such factors.

Dependents

Parents

Siblings
2 siblings entered.

Felony
You have not been convicted of a felony.

damn. that stinks. what did you say after you showed it to him. man, that would totally piss me off. :mad:

He just said that his copy said I had checked it off and he wanted to know why i checked it off if i wasnt. I was really at a lack for words for about 6 seconds i just gave him the " are you freaking kidding me" look. Do you think I should email Dr. Terregino and let her know that my interviewer cant read an amcas application correctly?

Last edited:
gotgame83 said:
He just said that his copy said I had checked it off and he wanted to know why i checked it off if i wasnt. I was really at a lack for words for about 6 seconds i just gave him the " are you freaking kidding me" look. Do you think I should email Dr. Terregino and let her know that my interviewer cant read an amcas application correctly?

wow, you're making me so much more nervous than i was before. who was your interviewer? he sounded so unprofessional. i've never had that kind of experience.

i hate how you weren't able to get a straight answer about the open seats. i wonder who's telling the truth. i'll let you know what kind of answer i get next friday. thanks for giving the details! i really appreciate it, and i'm sorry i didn't warn you about the construction. i normally forget about it too, so i sit there and wait for 3 lanes to become 1.

Yea I wasnt able to get a straight answer when it came to seats. Ha, yea i think i maxed out my cell phone minutes today sitting in traffic telling my friends back at school about my interview experience lol. I will be emailing Dr. Terregino 2morrow. I dont want another interview but I want them to be aware that this happend. They might not believe me, and quite frankly if he is well respected(i dont know his rep) then I wouldnt believe me either if I were them, but hopefully if someone else in the future complains then maybe they will take it seriously. Its too late for me to be worrying about this right now. Thanks everyone

wow gotgame83, sorry to hear about interview experience man. =(

i'm surprised they gave you hell about your mcat score. i only managed to get a 27 and wasn't asked a single question about it. my interview was great though.

also, if they already sent out 156 acceptances, they still got half way to go. according to msar, they should be sending out 297 or so acceptances. and with the class size increasing, it should be even more.

roca88 said:
hey who is going to the reception?????????

i AM. hope others are. i want to see people there other than peeps from my undergrad and rutgers peeps. all you california and other weird out of staters better come so that this is entertaining and worthwhile, my 20 minute trip to robert wood and back.

remember to bring large index cards with your SDN name printed on it. "roca88" will be there, fa sheezy.

Yeah, I'll be there. Is RWJ your top choice? I noticed you posted a question about NYMC in pre-allo.

Yes I believe the entering class will be 156 students

really? MSAR estimated # of new entrants says 145..

anyways sorry about your rude interviewer. you should have called BS on his "we dont interview MCATs <30." best of luck to you..

edit: i think you should actually just directly contact your interviewer, instead of going straight to Dr. T. you should clear things up with him first, since he will be the one writing your evaluation... and this might seem more appropriate instead of trying to undermine his authority. just my .02

shift_roro said:
RWJ class size is increasing this yr?

yeah, meryl kramer at my orientation session said that the class size is increasing by 10 people...

so 156 + 10??? = 166???

she said the school got more funding. that's how they are able to give out more scholarships this year.

and just to clarify some things... since i interviewed last week.....

there are still seats open. kramer said that they only interview if there are still seats open. and i believe there is still 3 more weeks of interviews... kramer said that acceptances were still going out.. and i do know a handful on this thread and on another thread that just got accepted on the week of my interview. these acceptances are NOT because someone decided to withdraw.

kramer said that about 300 acceptances eventually will go out. i'm surprised that njms is already full and how rwjms is not yet. but i guess it's because rwjms is more selective and they haven't found their 300 yet. plus, njms interviews at a higher pace than rwjms. rwjms interviews generally on tuesdays and thursdays, while njms interviews mainly throughout the week.

and i know from someone else that acceptances did go out in april last year. and they have to tell you before sometime in may, because it wouldn't be fair to lose that nonrefundable $500 after a certan date.

theunderdog said:
yeah, meryl kramer at my orientation session said that the class size is increasing by 10 people...

so 156 + 10??? = 166???

she said the school got more funding. that's how they are able to give out more scholarships this year.

My class size right now is 145. I know they were planning on increasing enrollment by between 10-15 students for the entering class of 2006. Recently, I have heard 11 from a number of sources, which is why (I expect) the new class will be 156.

Secondly, I don't know if the class is full yet. From what I have heard, it is not. Gotgame83 says that his interviewer told him it was, so who knows. Just because they (may) have sent out 156 already, it doesn't necessarily mean that they will send out 150 more, as the underdog suggested. Med schools operate by accepting as few students as possible. They will send out the exact number of acceptances as they want in the class, and put others on the wait list. So, if all 156 of the people they accepted decide RWJ is the place to be, there aren't going to be any more acceptances. Of course, some people want to pay $20K per year extra for the same education, and others just don't appreciate the magic we all know as "New Jersey." So, when these people send their letters of withdrawal to the school, the school will then take one additional person from the WL for each person who withdraws. This process keeps going until 156 seats are confirmed and taken. It's also possible that they've already accepted a ton of people, and these 156 are here to stay.

The good news (for those of you on various wait lists), is that around May, there are a huge number of withdrawals from pretty much every school in the country, because people are holding multiple spots and procrastinating in making a final choice until the last possible minute, when you can't get your acceptance deposits refunded. This means the wait lists move very fast, although it does vary school by school, and even year by year. I have heard that some of the WLs also move fast in late July, just before schools start the new year, because some people really take that long to decide.

Bottom line: no one knows how many more acceptances will come out, but an educated guess would be that at the very least, spots will open up in May.

I hope that was clear....I feel like I didn't explain it very well.

He didnt give me an email or number to contact him with. I could probably call the front desk to his office and they could transfer me to his office I guess. I kind of feel immature email Dr. T about this but it would be horrible if on his eval he stated that I had lied on my application and I tried my best to convince him otherwise yesterday. Either way I sent an email to Dr. T about 3 minutes ago so I will keep you informed.

shift_roro said:
really? MSAR estimated # of new entrants says 145..

anyways sorry about your rude interviewer. you should have called BS on his "we dont interview MCATs <30." best of luck to you..

edit: i think you should actually just directly contact your interviewer, instead of going straight to Dr. T. you should clear things up with him first, since he will be the one writing your evaluation... and this might seem more appropriate instead of trying to undermine his authority. just my .02

Last edited:
roca88 said:
and again so that i'm not hidden behind a hide discussion at the bottom of a page:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey who is going to the reception?????????

i AM. hope others are. i want to see people there other than peeps from my undergrad and rutgers peeps. all you california and other weird out of staters better come so that this is entertaining and worthwhile, my 20 minute trip to robert wood and back.

remember to bring large index cards with your SDN name printed on it. "roca88" will be there, fa sheezy.

hey, i dont think thats a bad idea.. i mean, how else am i going to know who ou are??? :laugh:

I'll be there! I'm stoked!
:D

you guys still havent gotten the financial aid package yet correct? im getting a bit nervous since I feel we should already be aplying for loans. Any info?

just wondering... where is everyone planning on living for the next yr? does anyone know how much the average studio or 1BR costs in the piscataway/nb area? and does anyone know if we're allowed to use that big parking garage as students?

shift_roro said:
just wondering... where is everyone planning on living for the next yr? does anyone know how much the average studio or 1BR costs in the piscataway/nb area? and does anyone know if we're allowed to use that big parking garage as students?

I put an application into the Colony House in NB. It is very very nice! The rent is a bit steep, but I will be living with my bf (an attorney), so I will make him front most of the rent. :laugh:

I think we have to pay for parking. The place I want to live is 5-10 minutes driving from the school so Ill have to park my car in their lot.

In terms of average rent, I believe most people pay anywhere between 600-700. I can be wrong. The school budget allows us to pay as much as 800 I believe, but its probably best to get something cheaper.

shift_roro said:
does anyone know if we're allowed to use that big parking garage as students?

Everyone has to buy a parking pass. I think it was in the neighborhood of $150-ish for the school year. This will get taken care of during orientation so you don't have to worry about it now.

Also....the big parking garage is in New Brunswick. You do realize in first year you will be spending 99% of your time in Piscataway, right? Haha, just making sure....

shift_roro said:
o ya that's right. temporarily mixed them up. so does the parking pass allow us to park in both the NB garage and the piscataway lots?

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure how parking works in New Brunswick. Like I said, I rarely need to go there this year, so it isn't an issue. This is what I do know:

1) The big parking deck is not actually owned by the school. It is a public deck, so anyone can park there for $1 per hour. That said, every time we have an event in New Brunswick (e.g. White Coat Ceremony, Match Day), they tell the students and their families to park there and the receptionist at the CAB building validates the pass. So maybe the school owns part of it, or has some sort of deal with the city? I don't know.

2) There is a small parking lot (less than 100 cars) at the RWJMS Professional Building. During the day all the staff at the building take the spots, but with our parking passes we can park there in the evenings when they leave. Pretty much anytime we go out in New Brunswick, we park there, since it's right near the downtown area. This is where I usually park when I go to the hospital for meetings, etc., since it is almost always after normal working hours.

I've actually wondered about this issue too. Obviously the third years need somewhere to park when they go for their rotations. The hospital has a parking deck for staff, so maybe they go there? Or maybe they go to the city's parking deck, and get validations every day? I really don't know.

I was also wondering about housing. I'd like to be no more than 10 minutes away, so I'm limiting myself to Piscataway or New Brunswick. I was also told to not wait for the housing day this summer to secure housing.

The RWJ housing site has a list, but it's kind of hard to tell the difference between them all. I hunted around the internet and found this website:

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/NJ-Piscataway.html

I'm looking for a townhouse style apartment with included utilities. It looks like Society Hill, Rivercrest, Birchview Gardens, and Tanglewood Terrace are the best bets that are closeby.

That said, is there anyone with recommendations for apartments?

chiggachu said:
I was also told to not wait for the housing day this summer to secure housing.
who told you that and what was their reason? i'm looking for the same style of apartment btw...

edit: just checked out those places and they seem a bit pricey... any recommendations in the 600-700 range?

shift_roro said:
who told you that and what was their reason? i'm looking for the same style of apartment btw...

edit: just checked out those places and they seem a bit pricey... any recommendations in the 600-700 range?

I was told by a couple students when I visited that the best stuff gets taken by housing day, although housing day is useful for finding a roommate.

The townhouses are pricey, but with a roommate it should work out to around 700/month (my price range as well).

BTW, are you a male neat freak who goes to bed decently early and likes italian food? Because I am, and a roommate would be nice :)

chiggachu said:
BTW, are you a male neat freak who goes to bed decently early and likes italian food? Because I am, and a roommate would be nice :)

holy crap, that's me, although i'm not sure what time decently early is.

a friend of mine who's a ba/md at rwj says that alot of students live at society hill townhouses. it's right next to campus so the drive is like 5 min.

Decently early meaning I won't stay up later than 1am unless I really have to study. send me your AIM or something and we'll talk.