Robert Wood Johnson - Class Of 2010!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
gotgame83 said:
Im still in the "very competitive category". I just spoke with admissions, she said things are moving very slowly. Its so lonely being in this category lol

Poor you I also am going crazy waiting. I am not used to doing nothing to make something happen.

Members don't see this ad.

LoL, atleast ur HP waitlist. Im in admissions limbo lol For you they can call anytime so keep that cell phone on. From what i gathered I need to wait for another committee meeting. Oh well. Salsera do you have any other acceptances or on any other waitlists?

Members don't see this ad :)
No news yet. Although, I am seriously stalking my cell phone. Honestly, everytime I let it out of my earshot for a few minutes, I realize and run for it... hahahaha. Hopefully, good news will be coming soon to all of us who are waiting!

Two other waitlists (one middle third and one I have no idea) and one acceptance. But I VASTLY prefer to come to RWJ.

jingles said:
How could somebody be considered very competitive if their file hasn't even been reviewed? That doesn't make too much sense - I would think that somebody would be considered very competitive if their file was reviewed and considered as such - right?

Yeah I guess it doesn't make any sense to me either :oops: I'm just going off what my friend was told when she called (lies?!) hehe. I wish you would all hear soon though!

One acceptance for me - no other waitlists - gosh, this is is really getting painful - I also vastly prefer to go to RWJ - any movement this week, anybody??

jingles said:
One acceptance for me - no other waitlists - gosh, this is is really getting painful - I also vastly prefer to go to RWJ - any movement this week, anybody??

I will cross my fingers for both of us! :luck: Where else are you accepted?

Well I got a letter in the mail today, im on the regular old alternate list. I havent heard of anyone getting off this list before so I think i am bidding you all farewell.

SalseraDoctora said:
I will cross my fingers for both of us! :luck: Where else are you accepted?

How do I PM to you?

gotgame83 said:
Well I got a letter in the mail today, im on the regular old alternate list. I havent heard of anyone getting off this list before so I think i am bidding you all farewell.

I'm sorry - I would say don't be so negative - but given the length o ftime it is taking them to get through the HP list, I am not that optimistic. Do you have an acceptance somewhere?

Yes I have an acceptance at NJMS so i expect to bring down the RWJ ping pong team and lead my school into table tennis greatness! LoL, i dont know why Ms. Kramer didnt tell me i was on the alternate list yesterday when i called though. She told me i was still in the very comp category. Oh well.

gotgame83 said:
Yes I have an acceptance at NJMS so i expect to bring down the RWJ ping pong team and lead my school into table tennis greatness! LoL, i dont know why Ms. Kramer didnt tell me i was on the alternate list yesterday when i called though. She told me i was still in the very comp category. Oh well.

Oh I am sorry to hear that :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats odd, it was post marked yesterday lol. Maybe they got annoyed at me calling once a week and inquiring as to my status and sending emails lol. The letter looked like it had been through WWIII by the time i got it. it was opened, slightly ripped, dirty and with black marks on the back of the envelope, i think the post office knew it was a reg waitlist letter so they ran it over or something. Along with the letter came a pink paper asking if i wish to remain on the waitlist.

Don't worry gotgame... NJMS is a good school, and you will be the ping pong champ :) Plus, you still get in-state tuition, right? I am leaving NJ if RWJ doesn't pull through, and we all know how hard it is to leave the beautiful garden state :(

....i'm gonna have to apply again if rwj doesn't work out :-(

gotgame83 said:
Thats odd, it was post marked yesterday lol. Maybe they got annoyed at me calling once a week and inquiring as to my status and sending emails lol. The letter looked like it had been through WWIII by the time i got it. it was opened, slightly ripped, dirty and with black marks on the back of the envelope, i think the post office knew it was a reg waitlist letter so they ran it over or something. Along with the letter came a pink paper asking if i wish to remain on the waitlist.

hang in there gotgame. Its not over yet.

And yes, NJMS is an EXCELLENT school... Im actually a little bit jelous. ;)

R*ckstar said:
Don't worry gotgame... NJMS is a good school, and you will be the ping pong champ :) Plus, you still get in-state tuition, right? I am leaving NJ if RWJ doesn't pull through, and we all know how hard it is to leave the beautiful garden state :(

ahh yes and the clean crisp north jersey turnpike air :D

beponychick said:
hang in there gotgame. Its not over yet.

And yes, NJMS is an EXCELLENT school... Im actually a little bit jelous. ;)

I know its a great school, im sooo excited to go. Im just not thrilled about the area and finding housing is becoming even more of a pain. I think i might mail that pink paper back and see if i hit the rwj lottery.

I would definitely stay on the waitlist. I mean, why not? There is still a chance :)

Also, when I visited NJMS I was told that the majority of students live in Hoboken. I think it is kind of expensive, but I have a lot of friends who moved there after college, and they really like it. AND you will get to see a lot of gnarly stuff in the ER in Newark!!! Good luck!

Last edited:
persianrug said:
....i'm gonna have to apply again if rwj doesn't work out :-(

I thought you were on the njms waitlist as well?

Yup me too...I'm gonna have to reapply if RWJ NJMS or Downstate don't work out...and its not looking so good as of now =(

Hey i figured I might as well cave in and post once in awhile since I check for this thread a million times a day :)

Oh yeah and by the way I emailed Meryle Kramer and she told me the waitlist is moving very slowly right now and she is not able to tell whether I will get off or not...(I'm not on high priority)...so it doesnt look so good for us on the "first" tier...

Did u talk to Heinrich about the NJMS waitlist?

gotgame83 said:
Did u talk to Heinrich about the NJMS waitlist?

yeah, I went to see him way back in March about it...and I email him every now and then too (I hope im not bugging him lol)...so I hope it helps...he is VERY helpful, but really will not give me any indication of where I am on the waitlist. before you got in did you have any idea of where you were on the waitlist?

man i really do need to get back into that MCAT mode... :(

Its funny how it worked out for me. I gave up hope, i got bored one day and called all the schools that i was waitlisted at. i called NJMS and said my name is mike c. i was waitlisted a while ago i was just wondering if you could tell me my position on the waitlist. She told me that they are accepting students all the way into july and that its moving slowly. The next day Heinrich called me. Ok its 2:25am, why am i awake right now...goodnite SDN

NjGirl said:
I thought you were on the njms waitlist as well?

Yup me too...I'm gonna have to reapply if RWJ NJMS or Downstate don't work out...and its not looking so good as of now =(

Hey i figured I might as well cave in and post once in awhile since I check for this thread a million times a day :)

Oh yeah and by the way I emailed Meryle Kramer and she told me the waitlist is moving very slowly right now and she is not able to tell whether I will get off or not...(I'm not on high priority)...so it doesnt look so good for us on the "first" tier...

yes, i am waitlisted at njms as well, but judging from what ppl have been saying on their forum, i got the impression that they don't accept that many ppl off their waitlist, even though i interviewed there in mid december (if that has anything to do with it).

i'm glad to know that there are other first tier ppl out there too. so much for being in a "very good" position, as i was initially told by the admissions staff. it's just frustrating that they're so ambiguous about the whole process, it seems to me that they're not very straightforward about hwo things work. otherwise why would they tell contradicting stories to different ppl who call? i think that's what gets me the most, it's like, why can't you just tell me the way it is, so that at least i can be realistic in my plans for the future.

persianrug said:
yes, i am waitlisted at njms as well, but judging from what ppl have been saying on their forum, i got the impression that they don't accept that many ppl off their waitlist, even though i interviewed there in mid december (if that has anything to do with it).

i'm glad to know that there are other first tier ppl out there too. so much for being in a "very good" position, as i was initially told by the admissions staff. it's just frustrating that they're so ambiguous about the whole process, it seems to me that they're not very straightforward about hwo things work. otherwise why would they tell contradicting stories to different ppl who call? i think that's what gets me the most, it's like, why can't you just tell me the way it is, so that at least i can be realistic in my plans for the future.

I was also told I was in a "very good" spot on the list. But I am high priority and persianrug I think you said you are not? So why were we told the same thing? This is all the biggest suck EVER!

SalseraDoctora said:
I was also told I was in a "very good" spot on the list. But I am high priority and persianrug I think you said you are not? So why were we told the same thing? This is all the biggest suck EVER!

my point exactly! how frustrating.

although i would say that since you are on hp, at least it was a bit more legit for them to say that you're in a very good position. but like for the first group, there's clearly a group ahead of the first group too, so why would they tell me that i'm in a very good position. anyway, there's no point cribbing about all this, because there really is nothign we can do about it. just keep your hopes up.

salsera, when was the last time you contacted teh office to find out the progress on things? i have a feeling that they're just telling ppl that things are moving slowly to shut them up.

Last edited:
roca88 said:
good luck to all of you waiting

i would much rather you all here get to come to RWJ, as i see how badly a lot of you want to go to this great school, than those holding spots who say "ugh..i'm settling"...can't STAND attitudes like that. i haven't seen every school in the country or anything, but i've seen many (on both coasts) and i LOVE RWJ more than any other one, i can honestly say.

so again, to everybody waiting for RWJ--i truly hope those of you who want to be here get in!!

thanks roca :)

persianrug said:
salsera, when was the last time you contacted teh office to find out the progress on things? i have a feeling that they're just telling ppl that things are moving slowly to shut them up.

It was less than a week ago. Maybe July will be my lucky month? When was the last time you talked to them?

SalseraDoctora said:
It was less than a week ago. Maybe July will be my lucky month? When was the last time you talked to them?

well i spoke with ms. kramer about two and a half weeks ago. and when she heard my name, she was like "are you the one who's been sending me all those emails?" and in fact, prior to that, i had only emailed her once, but i don't think she believed me when i told her. i was too hesitant to contact them after that.

roca88 said:
i would much rather you all here get to come to RWJ, as i see how badly a lot of you want to go to this great school, than those holding spots who say "ugh..i'm settling"...can't STAND attitudes like that.

......you know, i actually know someone who is going to rwj this coming fall with that exact attitude. makes me so mad, especially considering the waitlist situation.

Since we are venting... what bothers me even more than the "settling" attitude is holding more than one seat. Some of us might not be accepted until the day before, because some egomaniacal jerk wants to hold multiple seats. There is that rule that you can't hold more than one after may 15th, but schools can deal with it any way they want. Since it is bad for the schools to offer more seats than necessary they do not always act on people who violate the multiple seat rule. Sorry, but that really ticks me off.

Thanks roca88. I think there is some serious school spirit happening here :)

R*ckstar said:
Since it is bad for the schools to offer more seats than necessary they do not always act on people who violate the multiple seat rule. Sorry, but that really ticks me off.

actually i was told (by two people from teh admissions office) that rwj accepts more people than they have room for. i was surprised at that, but my health professions advisor told me that it is not uncommon for medical schools to do that.

My first interviewer, although one of the most unpleasant people i have met, was a member of the adcom. He told me that they never offer more seats then they have room for because they would be screwed if everyone accepted and that as people withdraw they then offer another acceptance. So when you see number of accepted and matriculated the acceptance number is the total number of acceptances given out during the course of the year. He lied about many things but this is the only thing that makes sense.

gotgame83 said:
My first interviewer, although one of the most unpleasant people i have met, was a member of the adcom. He told me that they never offer more seats then they have room for because they would be screwed if everyone accepted and that as people withdraw they then offer another acceptance. So when you see number of accepted and matriculated the acceptance number is the total number of acceptances given out during the course of the year. He lied about many things but this is the only thing that makes sense.

that does make sense, and it also explains what i was told (i guess i just misinterpreted what ppl were telling me).

gotgame83 said:
My first interviewer..... He lied about many things but this is the only thing that makes sense.

Hi gotgame - I was just curious as to what kind of things this interviewer lied about

Thanks

It doesn't like look any of us heard anything this week - this is getting really depressing - it doesn't seem like there is any movement.
Any lurkers out there who were accpted this week???????

SkylineMD said:
Hi gotgame - I was just curious as to what kind of things this interviewer lied about

Thanks

SkylineMD said:

Thanks

You should check gotgame's earlier posts on this topic. The interview was apparently a complete disaster. Maybe the interviewer went off his antipsychotics that morning? It all sounded so unfortunate.

hahaha, yea disaster is a good word. However my second interview was very good. Good luck to all those who are waiting, i wish you all the very best!

gotgame83 said:

Really? That sounds kinda weird to me, because when I got my hp letter it said that the class was currently overbooked. Did anyone else get an hp letter that didn't say that. I figured that the letters were all the same.

It is my understanding that some schools do overbook and some do not, so when I got that letter I assumed RWJ overbooks. I bought this book about waitlisting online at accepted.com called something like "9 things you want to do on a waitlist". It was about $10, and it has been really imformative. Also, they just send you a link, so you don't have to wait for it to be shipped. Just thought I would throw that out there in case anyone is interested. :)

I do not know anything about how this works, i only have theories, and different accounts from different people. I really wish they just sent a letter out as to the exact way this whole acceptance thing worked. I just dont understand how they could overbook a class. I mean sure there might be a trend as to how many students withdraw from a class but WHAT IF they didnt? What if they all decided to come? The school would be screwed then and its not like they can just say, " hey sorry we handed out too many acceptances u cant come this year but since we are so nice we will let u deffer until next year." I dont know...

gotgame83 said:
I do not know anything about how this works, i only have theories, and different accounts from different people. I really wish they just sent a letter out as to the exact way this whole acceptance thing worked. I just dont understand how they could overbook a class. I mean sure there might be a trend as to how many students withdraw from a class but WHAT IF they didnt? What if they all decided to come? The school would be screwed then and its not like they can just say, " hey sorry we handed out too many acceptances u cant come this year but since we are so nice we will let u deffer until next year." I dont know...

gotgame, your point would be the logical way to think about it, but we all know how random the whole admissions process is. at this point, i'm so skeptical that i wouldn't put anything beyond an admissions committee, for any school.

btw, when my health professions adviser told me that some schools overbook, she also said that they have some kind of "scientific" way to predict how many withdrawals they'll get. idk if she was being sarcastic or what.

I have heard that schools over booked to and they "knew" about how many people would withdraw, but its just odd i havent heard of any schools not predicting it correctly and having say 30more students then they could possibly support. I hope one day one of us will be on an adcom somewhere and we will come back to SDN and post the actual truth behind this entire process.

By the way I am convinced there is little science to this process, im not sure which I would believe more, " scientific way to predict who will attend" OR " our names spread out evenly over a dart board, adcom member takes a double shot, spins around twice, and throws the dart blindfolded" (NJMS cant rescind my acceptance for making fun of the admissions process right lol) EDIT: This comment is only in JEST! I am making light of the at times crazy admissions process.

I am not totally sure about this but I think they they tend to overbook early on. Then as it gets later in the year they stick to offering a seat only after one is open. I just double checked my letter, and it said that the class was overbooked. However, that means that a lot of people must have withdrawn since 5/5, because they couldn't start moving the HP list until the class was no longer overbooked.

Also, I just got a letter from NJMS saying that their class is closed, so that is bad news for those of us who were also waiting at NJMS. BUT, that probably means that you are safe in your seat gotgame... no matter how much you rip on the system.

R*ckstar said:
I am not totally sure about this but I think they they tend to overbook early on. Then as it gets later in the year they stick to offering a seat only after one is open. I just double checked my letter, and it said that the class was overbooked. However, that means that a lot of people must have withdrawn since 5/5, because they couldn't start moving the HP list until the class was no longer overbooked.

Also, I just got a letter from NJMS saying that their class is closed, so that is bad news for those of us who were also waiting at NJMS. BUT, that probably means that you are safe in your seat gotgame... no matter how much you rip on the system.

when did you get the letter from njms? i find it surprising that they're closing their class right now, because technically, can't ppl still withdraw?

Also, it would be really cool if they sent you a letter saying you were waitlisted and gave you your rank and a link to a handbook that thoroughly explains the whole process. How cool would that be? That book I mentioned earlier is actually a pretty good source of info, and the title is "The Nine Mistakes You Don't Want to Make on a Medical School Waitlist" by Linda Abraham.

persianrug said:
when did you get the letter from njms? i find it surprising that they're closing their class right now, because technically, can't ppl still withdraw?

I just got the letter today. Maybe they just decided that they don't really want me, but the letter said that the class was full or closed or something to that effect. I don't have it in front of me, because I have my mail sent to my dad's house. He just called and said that they regret to inform me that the class was full/closed blah blah blah.

Also what is your take on a school that still has not sent me a letter since my interview? I have contacted the school a few times and they keep saying that they haven't made a final decision. That is probably not good news right?

Let's hope RWJ works out for all of us!