Residency Interview Invites 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back from NY Presbyterian or NY PGY1s in general?
Mount Sinai invite: 1/8
SUNY Downstate invite: 1/9
The Brooklyn Hospital Center invite: 1/20
NewYork Presbyterian invite: 1/25

Waiting for NYU!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone heard from Grady in GA or know anything about their status?

Anyone heard from Grady in GA or know anything about their status?

From what I've seen from previous interview post on here in the past years is that Grady traditionally send interviews really late:thumbdown::thumbdown::arghh:

'16 first post for an interview was 1/31.

There have been posts of people getting interviews as last as 2/8 so hang in there. I have heard from all my programs except them.

Wish you the best:xf:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection from umass

Anybody heard from memorial Herman southwest by any chance?

Last edited:
Any idea if it was weeks ago or like yesterday?

I was talking to them yesterday morning so definitely not yesterday, otherwise I am not sure. Based on other things they said I think it was probably early to mid last week or earlier. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from these locations?

South Texas VA (San Antonio)
Harris Health System (Houston)
Memorial Hermann SW (Houston)
Memorial Hermann Hospital System (Houston)
Houston Methodist
University of Texas Medical Branch- UTMB (Galveston)
University Health System (San Antonio)

Harris Health - Rejection 1/23
Houston Methodist - Their last phone interviews were on 1/20. Hopefully should hear back by end of this week, early next week
Memorial Hermann Hospital System - Interview Offer 1/25

I heard UTMB sends out interview invitations pretty late.

Harris Health - Rejection 1/23
Houston Methodist - Their last phone interviews were on 1/20. Hopefully should hear back by end of this week, early next week
Memorial Hermann Hospital System - Interview Offer 1/25

I heard UTMB sends out interview invitations pretty late.
Thanks for the response. I haven't heard from any of these places yet, getting pretty anxious lol

I am just going to throw this out there: I strongly suspect one of my LOR writers gave me a negative LOR....it's the best I can come up with the amount of rejections that I am getting
Someone make me feel better

I am just going to throw this out there: I strongly suspect one of my LOR writers gave me a negative LOR....it's the best I can come up with the amount of rejections that I am getting
I reviewed applications during my PGY1, about 80 of them. It was really uncommon but I did see two negative letters of rec. I just felt bad for those applicants. Why not just decline to write someone's letter?

Mine is because of a garbage GPA. But hey, everything that's supposed to happen is going to happen and everything is going to work out the way it is supposed to work out. If you aren't meant for those programs, then your destiny lays elsewhere! Just keep kicking ass!

Reactions: 4 users
What's the average number of interviews people go to?

Last edited:
I've heard back from 8/9 programs - PGY-1
Hunter Holmes VA
Riverside in Newport News
John's Hopkins for 2 year comb informatics
HCA - Henrico Doctors
HCA - CJW
Kaiser Permanente Atlantic coast
Bon Secour in Richmond VA
Sentara General Hospital in VA Beach (rejection)

Reactions: 1 user
It might be the programs you applied to or their location. I was rejected from almost everything on the east and west coasts and in the Midwest, but I got a number of interviews with really great programs in the middle of the country. I think they have fewer applications. I bet some middle of the country programs won't match in the first round based on nothing more than geography.

Just in case it is the reference thing, do you have additional letters to substitute? Do you have an idea about who might have written the negative letter?

Does MGH make you prepare anything for their interview? Or give you any insight to what it's going to be like? Thanks!

They haven't sent out the itenerary but I have heard anything about a presentation. They said it was from 9-5 and we would have a SOAP note...that's all I know so far. :/ please lmk if you hear anything before me, bc mine is still a month away.

They haven't sent out the itenerary but I have heard anything about a presentation. They said it was from 9-5 and we would have a SOAP note...that's all I know so far. :/ please lmk if you hear anything before me, bc mine is still a month away.
*havent heard anything

I've heard back from 8/9 programs - PGY-1
Hunter Holmes VA
Riverside in Newport News
John's Hopkins for 2 year comb informatics
HCA - Henrico Doctors
HCA - CJW
Kaiser Permanente Atlantic coast
Bon Secour in Richmond VA
Sentara General Hospital in VA Beach (rejection)

clearly you have an interest in informatics....did you apply to aurora? have you heard from them?

I reviewed applications during my PGY1, about 80 of them. It was really uncommon but I did see two negative letters of rec. I just felt bad for those applicants. Why not just decline to write someone's letter?

This has been a concern of mine as well regarding my application. I also wondered if perhaps a LOR might have filled in something wrong, or didn't check something right or slipped up and mentioned something about a specific program in my general letter. I am applying to several combined pgy1&2 and pgy1 programs. From your experience reviewing LORs, was an innocent error on behalf of the preceptor held against the candidate? Did it matter if candidates had program specific letters in terms of ranking them?

Has anyone heard from these programs?
Lovelace NM
St. Alexius North Dakota
Federick Memorial in MD
Holston Valley TN
University health San Antonio

This has been a concern of mine as well regarding my application. I also wondered if perhaps a LOR might have filled in something wrong, or didn't check something right or slipped up and mentioned something about a specific program in my general letter. I am applying to several combined pgy1&2 and pgy1 programs. From your experience reviewing LORs, was an innocent error on behalf of the preceptor held against the candidate? Did it matter if candidates had program specific letters in terms of ranking them?
A mistake by a letter of rec writer, I don't think anyone would hold that against you. It is out of your control. Unless it shed some light on how you thought about our program. Like if it eluded to where the applicant was likely to rank us. I also didn't hold it against candidates if they did not have a program specific letter of recommendation. I would hold it against them if their letter of intent was not specific to our program. That would speak to the applicant's true interest in the program.

Reactions: 1 users
clearly you have an interest in informatics....did you apply to aurora? have you heard from them?

I applied to Aurora Healthcare Metro Inc. I was rejected almost immediately (1/16/17). If you are still waiting on a response (and it's the same program), they must make decisions in a rolling fashion.

anyone heard from pgy2 ID programs university of arizona/banner or midwestern?

Has anyone heard from: Dekalb Medical (Atlanta, GA), Emory St Joseph, Northside Hospital (Atlanta, GA) and Baptist Medical Center south (Alabama)?

Has anyone heard from: Dekalb Medical (Atlanta, GA), Emory St Joseph, Northside Hospital (Atlanta, GA) and Baptist Medical Center south (Alabama)?
I have heard from Northside Hospital. I think there are a few other people posting here who have heard from them as well. I didn't apply to any of the other ones though.

I heard from BIDMC, Queens in Hawaii, and Penrose and St. Anthony in Colorado.

I still haven't heard from Grady, Pres St. Luke's, St. Joseph, and UC Irvine.

I know St. Anthony said they do pre-screen phone interviews first so it seems like they should have gotten that ball rolling so they have time to decide about onsite interviews. I have a good amount of interviews but the silence of the 3 remaining programs I haven't heard from is killing me.

I received an email finally.

I applied to DeKalb, Northside and St. Joe's. Heard from all three.

Dekalb Medical sent out invites this past Tuesday (1/24).

What's the average number of interviews people go to?
I have 7. I applied to 15. I have a poor GPA, so I wasn't expecting much, but overall am happy with 7 interviews. I applied broadly and got a good mix of large academic medical centers and smaller programs.

I have 7. I applied to 15. I have a poor GPA, so I wasn't expecting much, but overall am happy with 7 interviews. I applied broadly and got a good mix of large academic medical centers and smaller programs.

I think that's a GREAT amount of interviews!