Residency Interview Invites 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Roudebush VA in Indy? That's good to know. Do they send out rejections?
I did a phone interview and then was sent a rejection for an onsite, so that's all I know. They mentioned that they received 108 applications

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from any Managed Care residency programs in California? I know this doesn't apply to the vast majority but haven't seen it really addressed anywhere else.

Thanks!
I heard back from Kaiser-Central Valley on 1/20 for an onsite interview and MedImpact for an onsite interview 1/23. Haven't heard back from USC or Kaiser-Sacramento.

Has anyone heard from Reston or Virginia Hospital Center, or any of the Inova hospitals in Virginia?

Anyone heard back from:
Henry Ford Detroit
St. John Detroit
Beaumont Royal Oak
UofM
VA Ann Arbor?
DMC - Harper

I've heard from Henry Ford Detroit, Beaumont Royal Oak and am still waiting to hear on VA AA and UofM. I've heard a few people who got interviews at UofM otherwise crickets....

Has anyone heard from Reston or Virginia Hospital Center, or any of the Inova hospitals in Virginia?

No word from Virginia hospital center. But Inova Alexandra is compiling names for interview invites (currently doing my rotation at Inova Alexandra).

No word from Virginia hospital center. But Inova Alexandra is compiling names for interview invites (currently doing my rotation at Inova Alexandra).

Ok thanks, so we should hear soon then? Are there alot of applicants?

Has anyone heard from California programs?
Kaiser east bay, diablo, San Jose, San Rafael?
Or alameda highland? UCI?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am waiting on Reston as well!

Has anyone heard from the Lake City VA or Wolfson Children's Hospital

Did anyone else get waitlisted at OHSU 1/24 (pgy1)? I'm curious how common that is or how extensive their "list" is

Has anyone heard from Aurora Health Care's pgy1&2 Informatics program? I haven't heard a word.

Which raises another question - at what point is it appropriate to check in with programs regarding your application? Is it perceived as ambitious, pushy, annoying? Should I wait until February? What would be an appropriate way to ask for a status update (if it is appropriate)?

Reactions: 1 users
No word from University of Michigan but I know they have offered interviews to other applicants. Is anyone familiar with UofM interview process?

I did a phone interview and then was sent a rejection for an onsite, so that's all I know. They mentioned that they received 108 applications
Same! A bit bummed out by it. I wonder how many students had phone interviews with them. I only saw 10 candidates (including myself) on the email, but there must be more than that.

I've heard from Henry Ford Detroit, Beaumont Royal Oak and am still waiting to hear on VA AA and UofM. I've heard a few people who got interviews at UofM otherwise crickets....

When did you hear from Henry Ford and Beaumont? Rejection or invite, if you don't mind me asking...?

Anyone hear anything from Jackson Memorial (Miami), St. Joseph's (Tampa), or John Hopkins (Bayview)?

Did anyone else get waitlisted at OHSU 1/24 (pgy1)? I'm curious how common that is or how extensive their "list" is

I didn't apply there, but I live in the area and I heard they had ~150 applicants and are interviewing ~30. Just some info :/

Reactions: 1 user
One of my interviews is asking that I present on any topic of my choice for 10 min. I've heard some people say that it's better to pick something non pharmacy related. What is your input on this??

Last edited:
One of my interviews is asking that I present an any topic of my choice for 10 min. I've heard some people say that it's better to pick something non pharmacy related. What is your input on this??

Same here! But I was advised to present a topic that I've already presented before @ a national conference, etc.. so that it's more polished.

Received an email invite today to Providence in Olympia, WA.

Thanks for the update! I'll cross my fingers for us all.

I know St. Anthony said they do pre-screen phone interviews first so it seems like they should have gotten that ball rolling so they have time to decide about onsite interviews. I have a good amount of interviews but the silence of the 3 remaining programs I haven't heard from is killing me.

On site invite for northwestern memorial 1/25
Reject from cook county 1/24

One of my interviews is asking that I present on any topic of my choice for 10 min. I've heard some people say that it's better to pick something non pharmacy related. What is your input on this??
Who told you that? I have received the opposite. You should do a presentation on which you have feedback on that shows your ability to communicate and think critically. Good luck!

I applied to St. Anthony also and have not heard, and I know someone else that applied to St. Joseph and Pre/St. Luke's that haven't heard from those either. Hopefully there are still reviewing.
PSL is known for sending out invites pretty late. I know one of their current residents and she said they are still in the process of reviewing applications. Just a heads up, they are a program that typically doesn't send out rejections.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

Anyone hear from Swedish Medical Center? The website says they are sending interview invites out by today...

I received the same email....if we have any cancellations, we'll call you. I'm curious to see how common it is as well. Are they going to email a pool of us if someone cancels?

They sent that email to everyone, which I think is pretty ridiculous considering over 150 people applied and they stated before only 8 might be up for a second round. They should have emailed 15 people max about a waitlist and rejected the rest.

They sent that email to everyone, which I think is pretty ridiculous considering over 150 people applied and they stated before only 8 might be up for a second round. They should have emailed 15 people max about a waitlist and rejected the rest.

I figured as much. I thought it was odd and actually almost took myself off the list. Then I realized that we weren't getting an email. They probably just want to let everyone down easily, but they don't realize a flat out rejection would probably do more good in getting people to focus on other programs.

Memorial Hermann (Houston) - Video interview completed
Bayfront St. Petersburg - Interview 2/7
Sarasota Memorial Hospital - Interview 2/10
Massachussetts General Hospital - Interview (either 2/17 or 2/24)
Orlando Regional Health - Rejection
UF Shands - Rejection
Barnes-Jewish Hospital - Rejection

Still waiting to hear from:
-Beaumont Royal Oak
-Detroit Receiving Hospital
-Henry Ford Hospital
-John Hopkins Bayview
-Boston Medical Center
-Tampa General Hospital (decision to be next week?)
-Jackson Memorial Hospital
-Legacy Health System
-St. Joseph's Hospital (Tampa)

**anyone know if the Detroit programs send out rejections?? I know a few people have already gotten invites...

Does MGH make you prepare anything for their interview? Or give you any insight to what it's going to be like? Thanks!

On site invite for northwestern memorial 1/25
Reject from cook county 1/24

Grats! Got rejected from Northwestern after the phone interview, but still happy overall with the amount of interviews I got. Best of luck to all the next month!