Residency Interview Invites 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Salem VA Medical Center 1/24 email

Members don't see this ad.

Still nothing from Piedmont Hospital or Emory St. Joseph's in Atlanta anyone?

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Providence Saint Joseph in Burbank, CA sent emails confirming receipt of application and also mentioned they would start calling on the 23rd for interview invites. Has anyone got a call yet?

Has anyone heard back from:

Virginia hospital center
Howard Univ in DC
Steward St. Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston
Mount Auburn Hospital, MA
Hartford Hospital, CT
Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, CT

Got an on-site interview with Howard University today
waiting to hear back from Virginia Hospital Center

Has anyone heard back from Hanhemann or Pennsylvania Presbyterian Hospital?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we not allowed to use our initial LoRs? Mine were not written program specific (they were PGY-1/general pharmacy residency specific but not per each institution)

It would probably look better if you had LoRs that were program specific to show you are interested in the program. Looking back at past threads about Phase II, you'll probably want any advantage you can get applying to programs if there are over 100 people applying for one spot.

If the letters of recommendation are general letters, it might make sense to reuse them. Even though it wouldn't have the programs name on it, I feel like a carefully constructed letter of reference that was written over a couple weeks might look better than something thrown together last minute.

Has anyone heard from the VA in Fargo, ND (or applied, but still waiting to hear back). They are one of a handful of programs that I still haven't heard from.

Anyone heard back from:
Henry Ford Detroit
St. John Detroit
Beaumont Royal Oak
UofM
VA Ann Arbor?
DMC - Harper

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone heard back from:
Henry Ford Detroit
St. John Detroit
Beaumont Royal Oak
UofM
VA Ann Arbor?
DMC - Harper

I applied to Henry Ford, St. John, and Beaumont Royal Oak and haven't heard anything. I know people were offered interviews for Henry Ford and Beaumont Royal Oak.

I applied to Henry Ford, St. John, and Beaumont Royal Oak and haven't heard anything. I know people were offered interviews for Henry Ford and Beaumont Royal Oak.
I wonder how long they're going to keep us waiting :/

Hopefully not much longer o_O

Anyone heard back from:
Henry Ford Detroit
St. John Detroit
Beaumont Royal Oak
UofM
VA Ann Arbor?
DMC - Harper
I applied to Henry Ford in Detroit, but I haven't heard anything. I also applied to University of Michigan. I haven't heard anything from them either.
Sorry that I can't be more help :/

I applied to Henry Ford in Detroit, but I haven't heard anything. I also applied to University of Michigan. I haven't heard anything from them either.
Sorry that I can't be more help :/
Hopefully we hear back soon !!

It was PGY2 oncology

edit: I think you are asking what program not what specialty. It was University of Colorado

Thank you. Yes, I was asking program. I am still waiting on a couple PGY1 programs in CO. Good luck!

If you don't mind me asking, are you in IL? Do you happen to know if they send out rejections or if they just don't reply?

Yes, I'm in IL. How about you? I don't know how Stroger handles rejections. Also, heard back from Rush. Hope you heard good news!

Yes, I'm in IL. How about you? I don't know how Stroger handles rejections. Also, heard back from Rush. Hope you heard good news!
I got a rejection from Stroger today but good news from Rush! Good luck at both places! :)

Has anyone heard from IU for an onsite that got a phone interview? I'm not sure what date they said we would hear by...

I just got an interview invitation from UMass today.

Anybody hear from:

Brigham and women's Boston
Bay state medical center
New York Methodist

I received an interview offer on January 18 from Baystate. Doesn't look like anyone's reported Brigham and Women's invites or rejections yet.

Anyone heard back from:
Henry Ford Detroit
St. John Detroit
Beaumont Royal Oak
UofM
VA Ann Arbor?
DMC - Harper

I heard from U of M for an interview like a week and a half ago. Two of my friends have interviews at Henry Ford. Not sure when they heard back but the interview is this week.

I received an interview offer on January 18 from Baystate. Doesn't look like anyone's reported Brigham and Women's invites or rejections yet.
I heard from Brigham and Women's Hospital (interview offer) on Jan 18th

Parkridge Medical Center interview 1/18
UH Cleveland Medical Center 1/27
University of Toledo 2/3
Saint Thomas West 2/10
Charleston Area Medical Center 2/27

Waiting on a few more

Has anyone heard back from any Managed Care residency programs in California? I know this doesn't apply to the vast majority but haven't seen it really addressed anywhere else.

Thanks!