Residency interview invites 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from Banner- University of Arizona Tucson PGY1 program?

They just emailed me an invite. It must be rolling offers - I saw someone post on the google doc during the middle of last week that they had received an invite.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from Banner- University of Arizona Tucson PGY1 program?
I just got an interview invite today from them. They sent out a list of interview dates and one of those dates was already marked full so I don't know how long ago they had started sending out invites.

Members don't see this ad :)
Question: how bad does it look if I need to say no to an interview after setting a date for an interview with the program. I got more invites than I expected and I neither will have the time nor the money to go to all of them and need to prioritize at this point… I feel like programs would be understanding, but yeah, still wanted to ask if someone knows about this.

also looking for any advice for this situation. thanks!

also looking for any advice for this situation. thanks!

I actually started a thread "Responding to Interview Invites" because the first interview invite was for a program that was fairly low on my list; I felt conflicted responding because I haven't heard from the other 13 programs I had applied to. While things are currently working out for me scheduling wise, I still haven't heard from 5 programs, which still makes me somewhat worried that I may run into this issue. There's some advice on that thread that mentions potentially requesting to reschedule?

Best of luck! Let me know what yal end up doing and how things go!

I actually started a thread "Responding to Interview Invites" because the first interview invite was for a program that was fairly low on my list; I felt conflicted responding because I haven't heard from the other 13 programs I had applied to. While things are currently working out for me scheduling wise, I still haven't heard from 5 programs, which still makes me somewhat worried that I may run into this issue. There's some advice on that thread that mentions potentially requesting to reschedule?

Best of luck! Let me know what yal end up doing and how things go!

Thank you! That is quite helpful however my inquiry was more along the lines of 'how do I cancel this interview without sounding like a terrible person' vs. getting it rescheduled =\

Anyone hear from Houston Methodist after the phone interviews?

Also waiting to hear from Dartmouth-hitchcock in NH. They said they would be reviewing apps 11-15 and would let us know no later than the 15tg. Anyone hear from them?

I am still waiting for a response from Houston Methodist as well. I know they're having phone interviews today too though so maybe afterward? I had mine toward end of last week. The excel sheet says people have received on site invites already but I was assuming that may be people who did PPS...

I am still waiting for a response from Houston Methodist as well. I know they're having phone interviews today too though so maybe afterward? I had mine toward end of last week. The excel sheet says people have received on site invites already but I was assuming that may be people who did PPS...

I hope it's from PPS! Let me know if you hear anything!

Has anyone heard from Atlanta medical center??? The deadline was a while ago and I'm losing hope

@pharmdmeplease

AFAIK, AMC and Grady have not sent out their invites just yet. I'm waiting on both. Also, a quick google search from previous years at SDN shows people asking the same question as late as the 1/28 so I would assume they tend to invite somewhat late.

Did you get invites to any other GA program? Msg if needed.

Reactions: 1 user
How many did everyone apply to and how many interviews have you gotten so far? I applied to 12 and got 2 interviews. Starting to get anxious!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same I applied to 13 and got 3. Do programs usually tell you if you did not get an interview?

How many did everyone apply to and how many interviews have you gotten so far? I applied to 12 and got 2 interviews. Starting to get anxious!!!
I applied to 9 on Phorcas and 2 IHS sites. It's been radio silence on my end. :unsure: Besides whats on the googledoc, has anyone heard from any of the residencies in Austin or Temple, TX?

Applied to 13. Heard back from 7 programs. Palo Alto VA sent out invites today

For people with invites from MUMC, Lakeland regional and st.vincents ( FL) when did you get your emails? I got an email saying my application was complete and they would be in contact with everyone but I haven't heard anything since and I see in the spreadsheet they've sent invites :(

Applied to 16. 11 interview invites and 1 rejection so far - still waiting to hear from 4 more.

Posted when applying for my 0-6 school way back when, now I'm posting again!

Heard from 2 of my 8.

Is it normal not to hear anything at all?

I applied to 8. Received invites from 5. Had phone interview with one and waiting for on site invite (hopefully) from them. Still haven't heard anything from 2 programs.

Some programs are courteous enough to let you know that they won't be inviting you for an interview (via email); some send rejections via snail mail so you get it late February and some don't even say anything. The silence may also mean that you are on a wait list. I would check the Google sheet that's been made. If you're waiting to hear from a program and it says there that they already sent out both invites and rejections, then you are probably on the wait list.

For people with invites from MUMC, Lakeland regional and st.vincents ( FL) when did you get your emails? I got an email saying my application was complete and they would be in contact with everyone but I haven't heard anything since and I see in the spreadsheet they've sent invites :(

I got in invite from Lakeland last Friday (1/15), but the Googledoc showed that people were getting invites on the 14th. They also only gave me one date that I could interview... so I think I was on a wait-list. St. Vincent's sent out invites today.

Would someone mind sharing when University of Maryland sent out their invites?

Any news from USC or Long Beach Memorial Research and Education position?

For the people who received invites from MUSC (for traditional PGY1)- can you clarify when these invites were sent?

I've applied to 15, received interview invites from 4, waitlisted on 1, waiting to hear a follow-up from a telephone interview, and waiting to hear from 4.

2 of the programs I'm waiting to hear from have sent out invitations and rejections per the google doc--my interpretation of that is that I am a "maybe" should other applicants decline to interview or don't work out?
The other 2 programs have not sent anything out yet (per the google doc) so I'm anxiously waiting!

I applied to 12, received 3 rejections and 2 invites so far, so that leaves 7 I still haven't heard from. I assumed all programs would let you know either way, but I'm starting to think maybe some of them just don't send a response?

I applied to 12, received 3 rejections and 2 invites so far, so that leaves 7 I still haven't heard from. I assumed all programs would let you know either way, but I'm starting to think maybe some of them just don't send a response?

See my post above.

Hello everyone,
any clue if CHI St Lukes in The Woodlands, TX has sent invites yet? Their deadline was Jan 15th.

BWH or Beth isreal in boston anyone ? they were my top choices :(

For the people who received invites from MUSC (for traditional PGY1)- can you clarify when these invites were sent?
MUSC called with an invite on 1/11 to come to their first interview day. I think they like to invite the applicants who live close by first. They may still be inviting more people for later interviews...

who went to midyear?

did u get interviews from schools you met?

Do you reply to an email that says "you're on a waitlist and they will consider you if they don't match their positions and if you're still available"?? if yes, what would be your response in this situation?? advice anyone? thanks!!

When were invites for Loma Linda University sent out?

who went to midyear?

did u get interviews from schools you met?

I went to midyear. I got couple interviews and couple rejections from programs I met.
Still waiting to hear from quite few programs that I applied to.

I went to midyear. I got couple interviews and couple rejections from programs I met.
Still waiting to hear from quite few programs that I applied to.

Haha, same. I wonder if I hurt my chances more by meeting them, being nervous and having that awkward forehead sheen from sweating. The conference room/warehouse lights also cast a very weird glow on my skin. On the other hand, meeting the programs gave me an opportunity to write them for follow up after Midyear, and also a way to connect in the letters of intent ("Rmr when we met and we talked about so and so?").

So that being said, it could help or hurt you. I have heard people say booths get bombarded so at the end, it's all a blur unless you had a funny story to tell or are funny looking.

Haha, same. I wonder if I hurt my chances more by meeting them, being nervous and having that awkward forehead sheen from sweating. The conference room/warehouse lights also cast a very weird glow on my skin. On the other hand, meeting the programs gave me an opportunity to write them for follow up after Midyear, and also a way to connect in the letters of intent ("Rmr when we met and we talked about so and so?").

So that being said, it could help or hurt you. I have heard people say booths get bombarded so at the end, it's all a blur unless you had a funny story to tell or are funny looking.

Yes! They do get bombarded. I doubt they would remember you out of thousands of student they met unless you were too good or too bad lol
Honestly, not sure how much it matters. I have known people who did not go to midyear and still got residency.

I hope it's from PPS! Let me know if you hear anything!

Hey I just got an on site invite from them via email!! I hope you got one too! I have a feeling they're sending invites on a rolling basis.

Does anyone have advice on emailing programs that you haven't heard anything from yet?

I applied to 7, wait-listed at 1 and invites from 6. I've attended 2 interviews so far and plan on attending the rest.

Last edited:
Do you reply to an email that says "you're on a waitlist and they will consider you if they don't match their positions and if you're still available"?? if yes, what would be your response in this situation?? advice anyone? thanks!!

I didn't respond to mine. If I don't match and they still somehow have a spot open, I'll contact them then. I'm not sure if this is the right response though. I accidentally applied to the wrong program and my letter of intent probably gave that away. I'm assuming they don't think too highly of me.

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone has heard from Lucile Packard children's? Got the email saying they would be letting people know decisions in 1-2 weeks but nothing since.

Hey I just got an on site invite from them via email!! I hope you got one too! I have a feeling they're sending invites on a rolling basis.

Congrats! I haven't heard anything yet :( not too confident about how the interview went so I don't think I'll get one. :/