Residency Interview Invites 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from Children's Colorado PGY2?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know usually how long it takes from the first day they roll out invites to the day when they finish? I know it'll likely vary from program to program but I'm trying to see if there's still hope for the programs I applied to that sent out offers already according to the excel sheet. :/

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an interview invite for Kaiser Hawaii but I'm out of state. From the voicemail they left me, it sounds like they only have in person interviews. Would it be rude to ask if I could do a phone or Skype interview instead or does anyone know if they would even do this?
DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUSTANCES do that. In-person interviews are pretty much the standard. Unless you have super extenuating circumstance, it would not look good on you. You knew when you applied there that there was a chance you had to travel there. Most sites will explicitly state that an on-site interview is required. So it would make you look like you didn't do your research. As competitive as it is to get a residency, you want all the points that you can get.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from Ochsner in New Orleans? I don't see any movement on the sheet.

Has anyone heard from Ochsner in New Orleans? I don't see any movement on the sheet.

Scratch that. Got an invite today for 2/19, 2/23, or 2/26.

Methodist HSPA Memphis is also calling invites starting today. Many will go out tomorrow he said.

Cleveland Clinic Florida is also still sending invites.

has anyone heard from USC Keck or Cedars Chapman Foundation?

I saw that there was a PGY2 rejection from UMass. Has anyone received any interviews invitations from them for PGY2?

Should I assume Univ of Chicago is a rejection considering they gave out interviews on 1/15 & 1/16? Honestly, pretty frustrating considering I am trying to coordinate traveling between Chicago and MI for interviews. I don't know if anyone knows any current resident/pharmacist that works there that would be willing to share any information on how they are reviewing apps/sending out invites (or rejections) - any intel would be helpful at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I assume Univ of Chicago is a rejection considering they gave out interviews on 1/15 & 1/16? Honestly, pretty frustrating considering I am trying to coordinate traveling between Chicago and MI for interviews. I don't know if anyone knows any current resident/pharmacist that works there that would be willing to share any information on how they are reviewing apps/sending out invites (or rejections) - any intel would be helpful at this point.
I just got an invite one hour ago (1/25) I wouldn’t give up just yet!

Has anyone heard from Azalea Health in FL?

Has anyone heard anything from Oklahoma State University in Tulsa, OK or from Baylor Scott & White All Saints in Ft Worth, TX? I have heard back from my other 4.

Also, is it too pushy to touch base with the program director to verify receipt of my application or to confirm a rejection? I'm paranoid they might have sent me an email and I didn't receive it for some reason.

Has anyone heard from Upstate University Hospital for PGY2 ID? They had a late deadline but I saw PGY1s went out.

Scratch that. Got an invite today for 2/19, 2/23, or 2/26.

Methodist HSPA Memphis is also calling invites starting today. Many will go out tomorrow he said.

Cleveland Clinic Florida is also still sending invites.

Wow it seems like you will be doing a lot of traveling for interviews! Did you also get an interview with Cleveland Clinic?

I know this is different for everyone, but how many interviews is good to do or how many are you doing/planning? After getting a good number of rejections in a row I'm sort of hoping I have enough interviews for a shot at residency :(

For people who have experiences with PGY1 interviews- Does every interviewer come to the interview with a copy of your CV (the one that was uploaded on Phorcas)? Or do they expect the interviewee to come prepared with copies of your updated CV?

Just curious because I have updated my CV a few more times since I submitted it on Phorcas

Has anyone heard anything from Oklahoma State University in Tulsa, OK or from Baylor Scott & White All Saints in Ft Worth, TX? I have heard back from my other 4.

Also, is it too pushy to touch base with the program director to verify receipt of my application or to confirm a rejection? I'm paranoid they might have sent me an email and I didn't receive it for some reason.

I received an interview invite for Oklahoma State on January 22.

I know this is different for everyone, but how many interviews is good to do or how many are you doing/planning? After getting a good number of rejections in a row I'm sort of hoping I have enough interviews for a shot at residency :(

Some people interviewed at 3 places and matched, and some interviewed at 10+ places and didn't match anywhere...just focus on doing extremely well at your interviews! :)

Reactions: 1 users
For people who have experiences with PGY1 interviews- Does every interviewer come to the interview with a copy of your CV (the one that was uploaded on Phorcas)? Or do they expect the interviewee to come prepared with copies of your updated CV?

Just curious because I have updated my CV a few more times since I submitted it on Phorcas

I've been told that we should definitely bring paper copies of our CV, just in case!

Reactions: 1 users
did anyone hear from northwestern in Chicago last night? I doubt rejects got emails but I’m wondering if we know of anyone hearing back at all...sorry to keep harping on the same point

Baylor All Saints had I believe their first onsites yesterday. I'm thinking they are just slow sending rejections this year, but I could be wrong.

Wow it seems like you will be doing a lot of traveling for interviews! Did you also get an interview with Cleveland Clinic?

Yes, for 2/22! I am extra excited about that one because they have shown me SO MUCH grace. The day after I returned home from midyear, my mom (who came to stay with me a few months to help shuttle my toddler around during APPEs with particularly irregular schedules) was diagnosed with APL leukemia and hospitalized for 40 days and 40 nights (this part makes me laugh a little... what are the odds?). A few weeks ago, I was reconciling my interviews/rejections/still waitings when I realized I never attached my supplemental. They were very understanding given the stressful circumstances and allowed me to attach it in an email. Needless to say, they have climbed very high on my list for their family-oriented feel.

I used February as my break month from APPEs since I was planning to apply mostly out of state. At this point, I'm really glad I did!

Will I maybe see you there?

Reactions: 2 users

I wouldn't lose hope just yet! I got interview invites the first week, then 8 (almost straight) rejections before receiving more invites this Wednesday! Plus, if I recall correctly, you're a local candidate for at least one of your interviews, and I think that helps a good bit!

Last edited:
Yes, for 2/22! I am extra excited about that one because they have shown me SO MUCH grace. The day after I returned home from midyear, my mom (who came to stay with me a few months to help shuttle my toddler around during APPEs with particularly irregular schedules) was diagnosed with APL leukemia and hospitalized for 40 days and 40 nights (this part makes me laugh a little... what are the odds?). A few weeks ago, I was reconciling my interviews/rejections/still waitings when I realized I never attached my supplemental. They were very understanding given the stressful circumstances and allowed me to attach it in an email. Needless to say, they have climbed very high on my list for their family-oriented feel.

I used February as my break month from APPEs since I was planning to apply mostly out of state. At this point, I'm really glad I did!

Will I maybe see you there?
Wow i'm so sorry to hear that, I know how you feel, around application time my mom was diagnosed with lupus and she hospitalized for quite a bit. It was tough! My interview there is like a week after yours, they apparently sent me an email and I never received it and they ended up calling me which i'm so grateful for because I would have never knew they invited me.

Has anyone got the interview invitation from

UnityPoint Health - Allen Hospital, Waterloo, IA
Hillcrest Hospital South, Tulsa, OK
HonorHealth, Scottsdale, AZ
Moses Taylor Hospital, Scranton, PA

If yest at what date?

Anyone get an interview at Ochsner in New Orleans for Friday, Feb. 23 interested in splitting a room? The rooms (closest and associated with the facility) look like they cost more than my round trip flight!

did anyone hear from northwestern in Chicago last night? I doubt rejects got emails but I’m wondering if we know of anyone hearing back at all...sorry to keep harping on the same point

To answer my own question some people got invited to NW today

In the PGY1 interview itinerary, if it says "9:00 AM – 12:30 PM Individual Interviews" and absolutely no mention of a presentation, clinical assessment, etc, does that mean these may be a "surprise" and that we should be prepared for these just in case? (It also says to bring a calculator, pen, and paper....)
Or...does that mean the actual interview with standard questions will be conducted throughout the entire 3.5 hours?
If it says bring a pen and calculator, I would definitely be prepared for some math problems. Probably something not too difficult but maybe drip rate or parenteral nutrition. If you need any help reviewing, PM me and I can definitely help you out!

In the PGY1 interview itinerary, if it says "9:00 AM – 12:30 PM Individual Interviews" and absolutely no mention of a presentation, clinical assessment, etc, does that mean these may be a "surprise" and that we should be prepared for these just in case? (It also says to bring a calculator, pen, and paper....)
Or...does that mean the actual interview with standard questions will be conducted throughout the entire 3.5 hours?

Save yourself the stress of trying to second guess. Send the residency program director an email to clarify things.

Has anyone received an interview invite or rejection from UT Austin's PGY2 Am Care program?

"Talking with your hands" during an interview - good or bad? I keep hearing mixed ideas

Anyone interviewing at a Mayo Clinic or know anyone who has interviewed there? What do their interview day and clinical case consist of?