Residency interview invites 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HeartHealthy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I just wanted to start a thread for the 2016 pharmacy residency interview invites, so everyone can get an idea of when they are rolling out. Please post and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Received an invitation for 1 hour phone interview. Anyone knows how these phone interviews go? so nervous :(

Received 2 on-site interview offers on December 28th. Waiting to hear from other programs since then. Applied to a total of 14 programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to the both of you! Do you mind stating which programs?

Houston Methodist sent phone interview invites yesterday, so did Memorial Hermann TMC (video interviews).

University Medical Center of Southern Nevada sent out phone interview invites yesterday and UCSD Acute Care sent out "we have received your application" emails today (Decisions to be emailed by appx Jan 18)

got an invite from Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was offered invites from VCU, Emory University Hospital, and University of Wisconsin

I was offered invites from VCU, Emory University Hospital, and University of Wisconsin
Same here, If you dont mind, when did you submit your application for Emory and when did you got your offer?

received Long Beach Memorial / Miller Children Hospital invitation on Thurs. Does anyone else hear back from other programs in CA?

Hello everyone I just wanted to start a thread for the 2016 pharmacy residency interview invites, so everyone can get an idea of when they are rolling out. Please post and good luck!
University of Wisconsin Madison, university of Michigan Ann Arbor and University of Utah health care pgy1 pharmacy practice residencies sent out invites today

Are u from U.o MI? I haven't heard back from them yet. Hope they haven't sent out all their invitations yet!!! :( My first choice

University of Wisconsin Madison, university of Michigan Ann Arbor and University of Utah health care pgy1 pharmacy practice residencies sent out invites today

Same here, If you dont mind, when did you submit your application for Emory and when did you got your offer?
I submitted all of my applications almost 2 weeks ago, and got offers yesterday from Emory and VCU.

Waiting to officially hear from:
Northwestern (will be informed ~18th), Jefferson, Aurora, Avera, Eskenazi, U of Michigan, UCSD (will be informed ~18th), and Hennepin

I just started a subreddit specifically for pharmacy residencies, check it out! reddit.com/r/pharmacyresidency . I think conversations like this one as well as others could take place there!!

I've also heard from Memorial Hermann (video), Houston Methodist (phone), and Northwestern (will find out by 1/18). Still waiting to hear from Houston VA, St. Luke's in Houston, Rush, UIC, and MUSC

Have heard from Norton Healthcare (Louisville) and Memorial Healthcare (Chattanooga). Waiting on others. Congrats to everyone getting interviews.

I received an on-site interview from the Mayo Clinic today

Reactions: 1 user
Do they always call to inform that you have received an interview invite? or do they send email for interview invite?
Just curious

Do they always call to inform that you have received an interview invite? or do they send email for interview invite?
Just curious
It depends on the program. I'm not sure which is more common, but I've had a mix.

It depends on the program. I'm not sure which is more common, but I've had a mix.

Thank you pharmphreak09.

Does it matter if you do residency at candidate status program vs. accredited? I mean I understand that it is better to do residency with accredited program but wanted to get the opinion. I am not sure if this is a right thread to ask but I figured I'd still ask.

Thank you guys in advance! Good luck with the interview process.

Thank you pharmphreak09.

Does it matter if you do residency at candidate status program vs. accredited? I mean I understand that it is better to do residency with accredited program but wanted to get the opinion. I am not sure if this is a right thread to ask but I figured I'd still ask.

Thank you guys in advance! Good luck with the interview process.

Accreditation doesn't matter as much as quality of the program. There are bad accredited residencies and good candidate residencies.

I didn't create this but it may be a helpful way of putting this information together.

Reactions: 7 users
Invites today from UIC and Nebraska Medicine.

For the call vs email question, I've had half email me and half have called.

I got an on-site interview for Virginia Garcia yesterday in Oregon. Looks like they have 10 people slotted for interviews so far.

Congrats everyone on their present and future success!! I just got my first interview today at Maimonides in Brooklyn NY

Has anyone heard from PGY2's in critical care. Specifically, Kentucky, University of Tennessee Knoxville, and Vanderbilt?

Just got an on-site offer from UW Medicine in Seattle

Just got a rejection from Wake Forest in NC so I'm assuming invites were also sent out.

Just got an interview invite from Uni of Colorado Hospital via email.

Did someone go crazy on that google doc?...there were 100 less invites an hour ago to now, and now it won't let you edit..

Instead of an applied?? column, why not have a column that says Date invites received...

Did someone go crazy on that google doc?...there were 100 less invites an hour ago to now, and now it won't let you edit..

Instead of an applied?? column, why not have a column that says Date invites received...

I own the sheet, and it seems to have been working fine from my end of things. It blows up right after everyone gets out of rotation/work it seems.

I'm not sure who added the applied column but I think it's so they can keep an eye on programs by putting the ones people have applied to near the top instead of scrolling through each time they check.

People could go ahead and put a date instead of 'Y' in each cell if you want a date, but it wouldn't be possible to go back through the ones already there.

:)

Also, somebody keeps moving two programs to the bottom of the sheet and it's very annoying hahaha