Residency interview invites 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did someone go crazy on that google doc?...there were 100 less invites an hour ago to now, and now it won't let you edit..

Instead of an applied?? column, why not have a column that says Date invites received...

I think people are messing with that google document, because there is at least 1 program I saw on there that said invites sent out, but their deadline isn't until Friday. If that is the case, that seems very unfair of the program to send out invites before all applications are received.

Members don't see this ad.

I own the sheet, and it seems to have been working fine from my end of things. It blows up right after everyone gets out of rotation/work it seems.

I'm not sure who added the applied column but I think it's so they can keep an eye on programs by putting the ones people have applied to near the top instead of scrolling through each time they check.

People could go ahead and put a date instead of 'Y' in each cell if you want a date, but it wouldn't be possible to go back through the ones already there.

:)

Also, somebody keeps moving two programs to the bottom of the sheet and it's very annoying hahaha
It's working again for me now; just had about an hour where i couldn't do anything to it.

I think people are messing with that google document, because there is at least 1 program I saw on there that said invites sent out, but their deadline isn't until Friday. If that is the case, that seems very unfair of the program to send out invites before all applications are received.

Some programs do rolling invitations so it's possible they're already sending some out before the deadline is closed

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from UCI, UCLA, USC, or VA Loma Linda ?
( I received an email from UCI that they are reviewing apps now and will be sending out invites till of jan).

I noticed on the google doc that some people have gotten invites and rejections from UC San Diego but I have gotten neither. Could it be a mistake?

I noticed on the google doc that some people have gotten invites and rejections from UC San Diego but I have gotten neither. Could it be a mistake?
My understanding is we won't know until ~18th. I'd assume it's either a mistake or those candidates were an easy/strong yes or no?

My understanding is we won't know until ~18th. I'd assume it's either a mistake or those candidates were an easy/strong yes or no?
That's what I thought too. Thanks for the confirmation

Reactions: 1 user
I'm only asking this because the excel sheet has it marked opposite in two separate places...but has anyone actually heard back from MUSC for an interview? I know we filled out an enormous amount of supplemental information, but the deadline was December 31st...

I'm only asking this because the excel sheet has it marked opposite in two separate places...but has anyone actually heard back from MUSC for an interview? I know we filled out an enormous amount of supplemental information, but the deadline was December 31st...

looks like the one that had an invite was for the PGY1-2 pharmacotherapy residency, and the one without is for the regular PGY1

Wish I could read correctly...Thanks!
:smack:

it gets hard now that they're sorted out differently! I had to look twice and at their website because my original sheet only had their PGY1 on it, so someone added the row for their combo pharmacotherapy program

I actually got interviews from two programs before their deadlines. I have heard it's always better to apply two to one week early from the deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)

When I was applying, a program sent me a rejection before the deadline, saying that they received too many applications and set an arbitrary cutoff to review them, which was before the deadline. Programs can do whatever they want. I was pissed, but matched with another program and got over it. Life is unfair, just gotta learn to deal with it.

From the excel spreadsheet posted above, some of the program's deadline has not passed yet. I thought programs do not offer interview until their deadline is passed.

Another question: I got waitlisted for one of the programs. I did not know there is a thing called waitlisted for residency interview. Any insights?
Thank you

how did you all get interview invitation? through email, phone, or snail mail? thanks

Mine is a mix of email and phone call. Depends on the program

Just received an invite from University of Kentucky

received interview invite at Providence Oregon today

I got an email that I was invited for an on-site interview and they gave me the listed days to choose from. They then said they will be calling me to schedule the interview. Is this phone call strictly to schedule a date or is it an actual hidden interview? Has anyone else gone through this process?

Received invite for acute care residency at Western University of Health Sciences today.

Has anyone heard from other sites in the LA/OC and surrounding areas?

For those who got invited for Stanford Health Care, when did you receive your interview invitation? I didn't hear back from them. My first choice. Was so sad when I saw if on the list above and not even hear back from them. :cryi:

I didn't create this but it may be a helpful way of putting this information together.

Received invite for acute care residency at Western University of Health Sciences today.

Has anyone heard from other sites in the LA/OC and surrounding areas?

Did you apply to the Western U geriatrics residency as well?

Only got a confirmation email from KP Baldwin Park saying that they have received my application and that they will send out invites later this month.

Antelope Valley Hospital sent out invite(s) yesterday? Darn it, I submitted just last night probably right after the invite(s) came out.

Last edited:
For those who got invited for Stanford Health Care, when did you receive your interview invitation? I didn't hear back from them. My first choice. Was so sad when I saw if on the list above and not even hear back from them. :cryi:
I'm sorry to say this but your comment gave me some hope... I haven't heard back from them either and it was making me a bit upset. So don't give up yet!

Another rejection from Santa Clara Valley Hospital and Medical Centers. When you are down, they just have to come in batch to push u deeper!! :cryi::cryi::cryi:
Good luck to those you got invited!!

Hi all, I'm a forever lurker, finally emerging.

For the spreadsheet, why is there an "APPLIED" column? Is that to signify that the program contacted someone in regards to receiving all application materials?

Else, it seems kinda pointless because I don't know of anyone getting an invite or reject without applying. It's kinda messing me up since there is a Y for two programs I am looking into and if the former of what I said was true, then I need to confirm they even received everything.

Also, I got an invite two days ago from a program asking for preferences of interview dates so I sent a reply with my top 5 preference dates for February within 30 minutes and have gotten nothing back yet. Some places are REALLY slow with feedback.

Last edited:

For the spreadsheet, why is there an "APPLIED" column? Is that to signify that the program contacted someone in regards to receiving all application materials?

Else, it seems kinda pointless because I don't know of anyone getting an invite or reject without applying. It's kinda messing me up since there is a Y for two programs I am looking into and if the former of what I said was true, then I need to confirm they even received everything.

Also, I got an invite two days ago from a program asking for preferences of interview dates so I sent a reply with my top 5 preference dates for February within 30 minutes and have gotten nothing back yet. Some places are REALLY slow with feedback.

My interpretation of the "applied" column is that someone may have heard that invitations/rejections have been sent out by hearsay (i.e. a friend) but they didn't apply themselves. I could be completely wrong though.

What are their interview dates if u don't mind me asking. I didn't hear back from them. Wonder if applying to both Porland St. Vincent made them think that idk what I was doing and could not make up my mind or something??
Keep checking this site every 10 mins and loosing hope!
received interview invite at Providence Oregon today

It is so we can sort the sheet so all applied programs are near the top, so if you're monitoring one you don't have to scroll through all 976 cells

It is so we can sort the sheet so all applied programs are near the top, so if you're monitoring one you don't have to scroll through all 976 cells

ALSO so that we can quickly sort so that all programs that have received feedback, either invite or rejection, are at the top.

What are their interview dates if u don't mind me asking. I didn't hear back from them. Wonder if applying to both Porland St. Vincent made them think that idk what I was doing and could not make up my mind or something??
Keep checking this site every 10 mins and loosing hope!

it's during the second and third week of February

the awaiting game to hear from programs is so stressful! especially for programs that you applied and they have sent out invites (per the excel sheet) but I haven't gotten anything for that specific program (no invite or rejection)

Ahh :(

Has anyone received any interview invites for pgy2 ambulatory residency programs?

For those who have received interviews at Duke University Hospital, when were these sent out? What about Georgia Regents? I have received on-site interviews at UF Health Shands, MUSC, UK, UT Medical Center, Palmetto Health Richland and Greenville Health System if anyone would like to know when any of those were sent. Thanks!

My interview invites this week:
Western University Acute Care
Cedars Sinai Acute Care
Children's hospital of orange county
Providence tarzana

please let me know if anyone has heard from UCI,UCLA, and USC.

Last edited:
For those who have received interviews at Duke University Hospital, when were these sent out? What about Georgia Regents? I have received on-site interviews at UF Health Shands, MUSC, UK, UT Medical Center, Palmetto Health Richland and Greenville Health System if anyone would like to know when any of those were sent. Thanks!

The date for Georgia Regents is in a note on the cell (1/8), just hover over it with your mouse and you can see it. If you wanna add a note with the date for the ones you have interviews for, just right click on the cell and select 'insert note'

Question: how bad does it look if I need to say no to an interview after setting a date for an interview with the program. I got more invites than I expected and I neither will have the time nor the money to go to all of them and need to prioritize at this point… I feel like programs would be understanding, but yeah, still wanted to ask if someone knows about this.

UCSD just called for on-site interviews. Johns Hopkins and Indiana also sent out invites this week.

did anyone get invites from the brigham women or beth isreal ?
is anyone applying through the international track ?

Anyone hear from Houston Methodist after the phone interviews?

Also waiting to hear from Dartmouth-hitchcock in NH. They said they would be reviewing apps 11-15 and would let us know no later than the 15tg. Anyone hear from them?

Has anyone heard back from Detroit Medical Center - Harper University Hospital???
(I know Detroit Receiving Hospital already sent out invitation and rejection emails, but not sure about others)

Awaiting University of Alabama at Birmingham. Does this mean I didn't get it? I saw someone marked that they were accepted on the sheet.

Awaiting University of Alabama at Birmingham. Does this mean I didn't get it? I saw someone marked that they were accepted on the sheet.
UAB stated that you will know by the 20th either way. I believe they will be sending invites early this week as well.

for those with invites to the VA Eastern Colorado and VA in Madison, WI - what dates are your interviews? did you guys know anyone at the institution already? thanks in advance

Atlantic Health Systems in NJ and St Jospeh in Paterson NJ just extended and sent me interview dates did anyone else hear from any other ones in NJ?

Atlantic Health Systems in NJ and St Jospeh in Paterson NJ just extended and sent me interview dates did anyone else hear from any other ones in NJ?

Great! Congratulations! I just received the interview invitation from St. Joseph in Paterson, NJ too.

Has anyone heard from Banner- University of Arizona Tucson PGY1 program?