RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looks like they have expanded their repertoire to include confetti penises and a bag of d!cks so.... definitely worth looking into - Ship Your Enemies Glitter
Have received (well husband did, but I opened it) a bag of dicks with glitter. Still finding glitter in the couch a year and a half later.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I got maced today at work. Grumble.

(Animal control brought in a stray for exam because they were worried about injury. Examined the patient, boringly normal. Brushed my eye after the exam and instantly - bright red and BURNING LIKE OMG THERE'S A FIRE IN MY EYE MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP. Hit the eye wash, all is better.

But after repeated rounds of washing 'n scrubbing, I can still taste it if I wash my hands then lick my finger to test and see if it's gone. That stuff is durable. Ugh.

Reactions: 1 user
I got maced today at work. Grumble.

(Animal control brought in a stray for exam because they were worried about injury. Examined the patient, boringly normal. Brushed my eye after the exam and instantly - bright red and BURNING LIKE OMG THERE'S A FIRE IN MY EYE MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP. Hit the eye wash, all is better.

But after repeated rounds of washing 'n scrubbing, I can still taste it if I wash my hands then lick my finger to test and see if it's gone. That stuff is durable. Ugh.
Wash... wash your hands in milk.

:p

Members don't see this ad :)
Dork. Most young kids don't carry mace.

IMG_7397.GIF

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh whatever. You all make jokes about creepy old men in white panel vans. As soon as *I* make a joke about it, it's all "oh my! LIS! that's wrong!"

Hypocrites. All y'all.
I'm definitely carrying mace from now on ;)

I love inn the ghetto and my neighbors have been exploding loud things for over a week now at all hours. Thankfully they haven't awakened me during the day yet, but my poor dog is convinced the world is ending, particularly today. Poor Sampson. Hope a little trazodone helps.

Left bowl of Cheerios soaking in some milk on top of kitchen counter this morning.

Went to answer ringing telephone in other room.

Returned to find cat eating Cheerios, with few drops of milk dripping from her face.

Didn't appear as if cat had eaten more than a few Cheerios - but will no longer leave Cheerios unattended on top of kitchen counter!

catbuddy1.gif

Reactions: 8 users
****ing neighbours set off some major fireworks until 4 AM last night... and they've already started it back up tonight. Said fireworks include multiple M-80s and migraine inducing strobe lights. And of course the animals are going nuts.

The best part? Consumer grade fireworks are technically illegal in this city and the neighbour doing this is a POLICE OFFICER with a bunch of buddies.

I've definitely been to a few cop parties where a couple flash bang grenades were set off...you better bet no one will do anything about it, heh.

I think I hate day shift following a major holiday more than working the actual holiday.

Today was bizarre, we were slammed all morning but the afternoon was dead. Like 4 vaccine appointments and 1 coughing dog. I finally peaced out early for once and by early I mean I walked out 4 minutes before my scheduled time off.

Reactions: 2 users
There’s little more fun than waking up at 2am to take puppy out to potty, and coming back to find out that to-be-7yo dog peed all over my side of the bed. Because she didn't want to move.

Yay laundry.

Well, not only did tuition go up but the student insurance increased nearly 25%!!

Does anyone have a new back they're selling on the black market? I'd like to trade mine in for a less painful one. :dead::oldman:
Pls and thx

Not I. I am loving me the laser therapy though.

Had a super duper fun er trip this morning and apparently have sciatica
Walking is overrated please just wheel me around in a desk chair instead

Dang, Ski. I hear that is awful and I'm sorry for your troubles. I didn't get to bring back pain up to my doctor because of appointment time, but planning to hopefully bring it up next week. I'm literally wrecked from working 7-5 today.

Dang, Ski. I hear that is awful and I'm sorry for your troubles. I didn't get to bring back pain up to my doctor because of appointment time, but planning to hopefully bring it up next week. I'm literally wrecked from working 7-5 today.
Oh it most definitely is and no position is comfortable. DAMN YOU LEG HAIRS (I was shaving when my back went wonky and died)

I've had back problems for like 9 years now but never this bad so this is fun
Sorry that your back is also gross and you're wrecked from working :(

Oh it most definitely is and no position is comfortable. DAMN YOU LEG HAIRS (I was shaving when my back went wonky and died)

I've had back problems for like 9 years now but never this bad so this is fun
Sorry that your back is also gross and you're wrecked from working :(
Moral of the story: Shaving is the devil. You could've been hairy and pain free :-D

Reactions: 5 users
I hate the day before a holiday more. we were open sat and mon before the 4th and damn if it wasn't crazy.

also my new back is awesome. it just took 3 weeks of recovery in a hospital setting to get it right. In fact, I'm worried right now because I had a suture removed from the ankle from a previous surgery and they found something else wrong so I'm not weight bearing for 3 weeks (to end Tues). Since then, my electric type pain has returned. I'm waiting to see if the return to weight bearing fixes it or if I need to revisit my surgeon. But overall, fusion was definitely worth it

Reactions: 8 users
My poor little foster pup that I rescued down here in May and sent back to America (so he could be safe and 1700 miles away from his previous abuser) keeps having home after home fall through :( he is the best, sweetest boy and I just want him to be in a home already. And it doesn't help anything that my friend's husband (who VOLUNTEERED them to foster him) is being a huge jerk about him being there and has realized he's "not a dog person" and also that he only likes THEIR dog because they "spent so much money on her" from all her medical issues when they first got her. I don't think either of them is aware that from my point of view its kinda damaging our friendship but I don't know what else to do aside from offering for another foster to take him, which my friend refuses. Merp.

you, too, can have a fusion!

You can't have mine, though. I went through several years of horrible back and leg pain to get it. Not to mention having known disc problems from HS (we're talking over a decade of back pain)
Ayy I'm at 9 years of back pain, since 8th grade! But today is the worst it's ever been, causing an er trip :dead:

Who needs to be able to walk more than two steps, anyway?

Had a super duper fun er trip this morning and apparently have sciatica
Walking is overrated please just wheel me around in a desk chair instead

I have sciatica too. Effing hurts and my hips regularly give out. Doesn't help that I'm double jointed in my hips so they easily pop in and out. Muscle relaxers help more than pain meds for me.

I have sciatica too. Effing hurts and my hips regularly give out. Doesn't help that I'm double jointed in my hips so they easily pop in and out. Muscle relaxers help more than pain meds for me.
Yeeeeeep I can pop my hips in and out too. Currently nothing is really helping and I'm just dying but less deathlike than at 5 am this morning when I was on the verge of tears. Have had flexeril since 2008 (and took one at 5 am when dying) and just got robaxin today but it's still death.:dead:

Yeeeeeep I can pop my hips in and out too. Currently nothing is really helping and I'm just dying but less deathlike than at 5 am this morning when I was on the verge of tears. Have had flexeril since 2008 (and took one at 5 am when dying) and just got robaxin today but it's still death.:dead:

I'm sorry. I had a bad flare a few months back and couldn't move. It sucks so much.

I'm sending good thoughts and internet hugs to @SkiOtter, @wallydo, @dyachei, and @DVMDream.

I hope your aching backs begin to feel much better!

8001051VzDF.gif~c200

Thank you, Dr S! I wish I had been more firm about speaking up about it at my appointment last week, but I was a little nervous as it was to discuss starting an SSRI with my doctor and I wasn't really having a bad day back-wise. Yesterday and today were bad. I have been in a hunched position since work. Thankfully I have tomorrow off, but I am really concerned about how much pain I will be during our road trip to California next week! Darn you veterinary medicine, and what you do to our backs.