Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I like this emoji.
sml_gallery_15587_3010_6112.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Holy moly, my dad is actually hopping on a plane and flying across the globe to see me graduate. I think I've seen him for a grand total of 30 minutes in 10 years.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I learned today that I get annoyed when people try to talk to me when I'm sweeping the floors. Though, really, who the hell tries to carry on a conversation when someone else is using a vacuum cleaner?

Reactions: 1 user
I will either get a short nap and be heading back in to set up and ventilate a post-op case tonight (going to surgery now) or I will get a solid 10-11 hours of much needed sleep and have brunch with friends in the morning. Both wins. We shall see! Spending the night at the hospital is turning into a thing this week..,life of a resident haha (normally I'm swing but last weekend I had a propofol cri dog, last night I had a multi pressors and a post-arrest dog)

I think there was a reference to it in guardians. That's what made me think of it lol
Was there a reference to the actual movie or was it just the fact that Howard the Duck was in guardians? He was in the one too I think, in the after credits scene.

It's been too long since I've seen the Howard the Duck movie for me to remember anything about it though.

Was there a reference to the actual movie or was it just the fact that Howard the Duck was in guardians? He was in the one too I think, in the after credits scene.

It's been too long since I've seen the Howard the Duck movie for me to remember anything about it though.
Well I wasn't sure if that was actually him since it wasn't exactly right

Members don't see this ad :)
Heading in to my PCP to see if I can get cleared for jaw surgery/ see if he can figure out why my lungs are performing this poorly!

I completed a workshop discussing animal rescue operations, disaster and emergency triage.

Got to practice some hands-on training with a Bernese Mountain Dog and a Border Collie.

I'm familiar with border collies but I wasn't familiar with a Bernese Mountain Dog. I had to carry the border collie and she just flopped into my arms. The Bernese was too heavy for me to carry alone. Both dogs were friendly and accustomed to being "training" dogs. I wanted to pet them for hours. Same thing for the two cats - although after a while, the cats didn't want to be touched at all - so they were returned to their crates.

Although there are no pigs in my area, I learned how to make a pig move around by placing a bucket over its head. Imagine that! A bucket of all things.

Thankfully, the two horses were pretty calm - so they were easy to harness and lead around - although they both became frisky and playful, as if they were tap-dancing on their hooves. Also learned more about ruminants (i.e., deer) but there were no "live" deer in the workshop. The workshop was presented by veterinarians, emergency services, and humane officers. It was very interesting!

Reactions: 8 users
Several FT positions in my department are open/have been open this spring. I've applied for a couple, and just applied for another tonight. I'm torn between wanting to be hired and wanting to keep my current situation - I work with awesome people, and I only work 3.5 days a week (which means 3.5 day weekends, every weekend!). But I'm trying to build up my savings account, and it's hard to do that with PT paychecks . . . Plus, the FT jobs are really cool and would benefit my career/educational goals. So. I'm hoping to get an interview, but I also won't cry too much if they decide that I'm not qualified.

(My supervisor is cheering for me to move to a FT position in the department, which is so awesome, and I love him for it. He asks me how its going and if I saw such-and-such opening yet, and I don't feel sneaky or weird for trying to get a different job. He's just really great. Or he's trying to get rid of me . . . but I like the other interpretation better :p.)

Who was is that posted something about a moving/shipping company recently? Was it @Coopah ?

Friend's brother is looking to move out west and I wanted to give him some other options

Who was is that posted something about a moving/shipping company recently? Was it @Coopah ?

Friend's brother is looking to move out west and I wanted to give him some other options
Yes I found U-Pack allowed me to rent space in the back of a freighter. It was much cheaper than PODs but the same principle. Make sure to specify you don't want a POD thingy you want space of the back of a freighter. It's good pricing!

If he doesn't have furniture to move, tell him to look into Amtrak's shipping. Everything has to be in boxes and there are a couple of weird restrictions, but it's super, super cheap. Like, people online are saying they're moving 1-2 bedroom apartments cross-country for $500 cheap. I'm planning on using them to move in August.

Reactions: 1 users
Speaking of @Coquette22 's avatar, my SO and I finally got to season 2 on Yu-Gi-Oh where that guy shows up. He's an interesting villain, so far I love season 2!

There was also a secret level on the Lego Marvel video game with Howard the Duck.

I remember reading a few comics and wanna say I saw at least part of the movie, but all I remember is the opening title... so maybe not.

Speaking of @Coquette22 's avatar, my SO and I finally got to season 2 on Yu-Gi-Oh where that guy shows up. He's an interesting villain, so far I love season 2!
I had a ball cosplaying as him and I'll send pics when I get them back. Season 2 is good, probably my favourite arc (you can basucally skip most of season 3 and Noa until they get back to the Battle City arc). And if you haven't already, check out The Abridged Series on YouTube. LittleKuriboh is a genius.

Goes to sporting goods store for one thing (leather lifting straps)...walks out with two new pairs a shorts, sports bra and other accessories and no wraps (only had one's for men with giant hands). I have a problem...

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone here really good with wild bird ID? An old coworker of mine sent in this photo asking what species it was... I told her I wasn't sure but that the closest thing that I could come up given the location (southwestern MO/southeastern KS) with was a Mississippi Kite. From what I am reading, they tend to occupy more south than that during the majority of the year but creep further north into the midwest during the summer months. I definitely made sure to let her know to take that with a grain of salt, though.

View attachment 219614
do you have a reddit account?

What's this bird? • r/whatsthisbird is awesome.

Preach. Although I am decidedly less enthused by sports bras as I am by lacy-push-up-strappy-sexy ones.
Me too, but some of the super awesome rock climbing/yoga Prana ones make me wish I had all the moneys.

My new Starbucks minted frappuccino is amazing and deserves a rave post.

Reactions: 3 users
Saw Wonder Women this weekend... was AMAZING! I've always been a Marvel fan over DC, but this movie was seriously the perfect mix of what (in my mind) a super hero movie should be. Such an flipping well done movie! :love:

Trying this as my next hair adventure

f2063a23db18aebe56b551b00d60f481.jpg

Reactions: 11 users