Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No no noooo
I used the mobile website for a year or so before I downloaded the app. And I've been using the app for years since. Would go back despite all it's issues lol. Like a bad relationship I'm not ready to end

You are crazy. ;) Just using a mobile Web browser is so much better.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like me except replace "non-official LDR" with "ex who wants me back in the worst way, but I'm just not feeling it and therefore feel guilty so can't move on."
In reality mine should read "a non-official LDR with a guy that I'm pretty sure has no intention of committing to me".

This Mommy and her little ducklings greeted me this morning.

How many babies does she have - can you count all of them?

Mallard1.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Random vet school related question... when is the best time to start applying for off-campus externships for fourth year? I would think that it would be during third year, but I've also been told that, for the some of the really "competitive" or popular places, people start reaching out as early as second year. How about for something like Humane Alliance? Just trying to get things jotted down for later...

Not sure if this is the norm, but I started looking into the externships I wanted in January of last year (spring semester of my 2nd year). Many of the externships I contacted were already booked into mid-2018 at that time. These were all zoo/wildlife ones, so it's possible that other types of externships may not be as sought after. That was just my experience...I don't think it can hurt to reach out early on, unless they have a set application period or something.

Reactions: 1 user
I am getting SO MUCH experience writing application cover letters. :laugh: It used to take me forever but now I can pop one out in 30 minutes. I think they're pretty great, but I've yet to be hired by anyone, so . . . :p

Reactions: 2 users
For the first time ever, I won't be debating against someone in support of livestock keeping or zoos/aquariums. I want to, but it's the regulars in SPF on what future generations will think is horrible about our society. I already know they'll roast me, so not even going to try. Lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Convention go-ers! (@Coquette22 ) Has anyone attended a karaoke or sing-along panel? Looking for ideas for a panel I want to host.

I'm one weekend closer to finishing my patio. The seating area is mostly done. The final phase is finishing the garden beds (I'm putting down stone and concrete pavers in some areas and mulching the rest).

patio.jpg

Reactions: 11 users
T Minus 43 hours until surgery and I'm officially starting to freak out. I swear if I get one more text from a family member saying they're praying for me during these terrible times, I'm gonna lose it.

Reactions: 4 users
T Minus 43 hours until surgery and I'm officially starting to freak out. I swear if I get one more text from a family member saying they're praying for me during these terrible times, I'm gonna lose it.
We support you! See if your surgeon will take pictures and share with us cool surgery pics! Don't freak out, it's cool, so think of it that way instead!

Reactions: 3 users
We support you! See if your surgeon will take pictures and share with us cool surgery pics! Don't freak out, it's cool, so think of it that way instead!
"Hey doctor, I'm on this funny website with a bunch of fellow psychos. If you have the chance, can you take pictures of my bloody mouth once you move my nerves? Thx" :laugh:

Reactions: 9 users
"Hey doctor, I'm on this funny website with a bunch of fellow psychos. If you have the chance, can you take pictures of my bloody mouth once you move my nerves? Thx" :laugh:
mental foramina or gtfo

Reactions: 5 users
But what about if it is inside the mandible? Origin stories are cool, yo.
I guess I don't know anything about jaw surgery, but I figured those would be what you see first.

And I'm totally blanking on what the other hole's name is right now :/

@cdoconn ... I've allowed photos in the OR. So, make sure to smile for the camera! :D

I cannot@tag anyone right now.

In my post above, I tagged cdoconn, but nothing happened; and cdo is not highlighted in blue print. So, the @ tag function is not working on my Windows 10 pc.

QUESTION: How do I fix it ... so that the @ tag feature works properly?

Testing if this works:

@Doctor-S

@Doctor-S

Prepare to be thirstier than you've ever been in your life when you wake up.

I had my jaw surgery back in 2005/2006 and that's the one thing I remember very clearly about waking up post-surgery. I could barely speak my mouth was so dry. Also be prepared for the swollen monkey face... and the bruising. Black eyes are common.

Prepare to be thirstier than you've ever been in your life when you wake up.

I had my jaw surgery back in 2005/2006 and that's the one thing I remember very clearly about waking up post-surgery. I could barely speak my mouth was so dry. Also be prepared for the swollen monkey face... and the bruising. Black eyes are common.
Yeahhhh.. surgeon went over these as well. Won't be fun! Thanks for the heads up! Was yours one jaw or both? I get a four -for-one surgery (maxilla, mandible, wisdom teeth, and the removal of the screws in my jaw)!

Reactions: 1 users
That'd be awesome! I hope my surgeon will do them!
@cdoconn ... I hope so, too.

[I'm going out-of-town tomorrow and probably won't have access to the Internet for a while.]
Before I leave, I am wishing you a very healthy and speedy recovery!!!! :):love::cat:

( ( ( cdoconn ) ) )

@cdoconn ... I hope so, too.

[I'm going out-of-town tomorrow and probably won't have access to the Internet for a while.]
Before I leave, I am wishing you a very healthy and speedy recovery!!!! :):love::cat:

( ( ( cdoconn ) ) )
Thank you Doctor-S! I'll try to keep everyone updated to the best of my ability. The hospital says I'm likely gonna be there till Friday, so I'll see what I can do! :highfive:

Yeahhhh.. surgeon went over these as well. Won't be fun! Thanks for the heads up! Was yours one jaw or both? I get a four -for-one surgery (maxilla, mandible, wisdom teeth, and the removal of the screws in my jaw)!

I had the upper jaw done and, if I remember correctly, I think the oral surgeon also cut out an ankylosed tooth in my lower jaw and placed a bone graft to prep the space for a tooth implant at the same time.

@Doctor-S I'm on windows 10 too and I initially had issues with it as well.... What works on my machine is when you start typing the tag and it gives you the dropdown of choices, you have to double-click on the person you want. They still won't look tagged in your post preview, but it usually works once you post. Typing the full tag or single clicking never works on my machine.

I cannot@tag anyone right now.

In my post above, I tagged cdoconn, but nothing happened; and cdo is not highlighted in blue print. So, the @ tag function is not working on my Windows 10 pc.

QUESTION: How do I fix it ... so that the @ tag feature works properly?
@Squeaksmom ... I followed your instructions and double-clicked on your user name from the drop-down of choices. Did it tag you?
I am also unable to properly "like" posts when I press the Like button on the right hand side of the post.
Hmmm maybe @Lupin21 or @dyachei would know why your account is being funky!

Nothing like waking up to a tick crawling across your face. That's the second time this spring/summer I've found one crawling on me indoors. Time to buy some acaricide for the patio. That's the only outdoor space I've been spending any appreciable time.

Of course it's another dog tick, so I don't really know where it's coming from. I suspect that little animals are hanging around my trash area. Last time I found a tick it was on my neck a few minutes after taking the trash out in the morning. I took the trash out this morning, so right now that's the common exposure point.

Nothing like waking up to a tick crawling across your face. That's the second time this spring/summer I've found one crawling on me indoors. Time to buy some acaricide for the patio. That's the only outdoor space I've been spending any appreciable time.

Of course it's another dog tick, so I don't really know where it's coming from. I suspect that little animals are hanging around my trash area. Last time I found a tick it was on my neck a few minutes after taking the trash out in the morning. I took the trash out this morning, so right now that's the common exposure point.
We are easily into the 30s counting seed ticks. I hate ticks.

Prayers and shares eggarino ;)

You're gonna be absolutely fine!

Hahaha so I asked Doc if he could take pictures, he said no. :( Tl;dr my mouth is too small to actually get good pictures in, and he doesn't have the right equipment in it. Oh well!