Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
had a great time in Colorado on the way to my externship site. Road-tripped with my family, went to the Denver Zoo, hiked up a mountain, it was great. This was only my first day working, but it became unexpectedly eventful when we got an emergency call for a horse at a nearby park, owner was hysterical. That was the worst fracture I've ever seen :( first time I've observed an equine euth, too.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
post pictures when you doooooooooo!!!
Was originally gonna do goth/punk black with electric green underneath, but then I saw this. Already bought the dye I want to use, just have to rebleach the lower half of my head

Reactions: 1 user
Is the SDN mobile app gone? I deleted it this morning with the intention of re downloading to see if I could get notifications to work, but now it's nowhere to be found on the App Store.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the SDN mobile app gone? I deleted it this morning with the intention of re downloading to see if I could get notifications to work, but now it's nowhere to be found on the App Store.
I still have it but I can't find it on the app store (android) either! Weird!

Edit: if you click the SDN mobile link below, it sends you to a page that says it's not available in our country. Maybe they're making changes to it or something.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

Last edited:
I still have it but I can't find it on the app store (android) either! Weird!

Edit: if you click the SDN mobile link below, it sends you to a page that says it's not available in our country. Maybe they're making changes to it or something.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
Thank god, it needs an overhaul

Reactions: 4 users
its been a long long time, but I don't think its fantastic

I ended up getting it. Had a chili craving but didn't feel like making it myself. It's certainly not fantastic, but it isn't bad! I added hot sauce, cheese, and some sour cream, and it ended up being okay.

Reactions: 2 users
I ended up getting it. Had a chili craving but didn't feel like making it myself. It's certainly not fantastic, but it isn't bad! I added hot sauce, cheese, and some sour cream, and it ended up being okay.
My mom isn't a fast food person, but she LOVES their chili.

A few more weeks to go and my patio will be finished. I get to order a rug and umbrella this week (the joys of pay day). If the weather is anything like last year, I should be able to enjoy it into October and maybe even November.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone ever had Wendy's chili? Is it disgusting?
I used to love it. I think it depends on the location though. The place I used to get it also made awesome baked potatoes. I used to rotate between Wendy's and a local Greek Gyro shop for lunch every day.

Well, officially all moved to New England and starting work on Monday. Still no license because apparently the process hinges on one guy who is on vacation until Monday. Plus, I just got an email that the state approved me to take NAVLE, even though I transferred my scores in February :rolleyes: I'm sure it'll all work out eventually.

Reactions: 4 users
Well, officially all moved to New England and starting work on Monday. Still no license because apparently the process hinges on one guy who is on vacation until Monday. Plus, I just got an email that the state approved me to take NAVLE, even though I transferred my scores in February :rolleyes: I'm sure it'll all work out eventually.
Yeah! Welcome to the best part of the country ;) pretty soon you'll starting thinking 6" of snow is a dusting, although global warming has pretty much abolished that.

Yeah! Welcome to the best part of the country ;) pretty soon you'll starting thinking 6" of snow is a dusting, although global warming has pretty much abolished that.
:O 6" is so much. It snowed something like 2" last time I was here and I was amazed. We took my dog up to Middlesex to go hiking and she just about disappeared in the snow, but she thought it was awesome!

I'm back at my house to pack some stuff up. Housemate is not here. The cats aren't here. The Chi isn't here. I'm alone and it's slightly creepy....

Just spent I don't know how long reading a flat-Earth believer's non-arguments about how the Earth is flat.

I'm legitimately dumb founded. I never thought I'd see something quite on that intellectual level.

I hope my washing machine isn't trying to die. Like I need one more expense right now. It made some weird noises and didn't initially start so..

I don't like the whole coming back to the real world thing after a vacation. Sitting in the dentist's office wishing I was back in the ship on the Alaskan coast

Reactions: 7 users
Trying this as my next hair adventure

f2063a23db18aebe56b551b00d60f481.jpg
Well it's not ombré, but I like it!
image.jpeg

Reactions: 11 users
So yet another vet school classmate just posted a pregnancy announcement. I am at the point in my life where my Facebook page is a deluge of wedding photos and ultrasounds. And I'm just like, I have cats and a non-official LDR. And wine. Yep.

Reactions: 12 users
I find it amusing that I'm struggling to describe myself in 50 words or less for this vet school questionnaire.

Lady person. Likes animals. Likes things humans like. Eats food. One time, met Alex Trebek.

Reactions: 9 users
To me this is random... but how do you know if you're truly passionate about something?

So yet another vet school classmate just posted a pregnancy announcement. I am at the point in my life where my Facebook page is a deluge of wedding photos and ultrasounds. And I'm just like, I have cats and a non-official LDR. And wine. Yep.
Sounds like me except replace "non-official LDR" with "ex who wants me back in the worst way, but I'm just not feeling it and therefore feel guilty so can't move on."

"ex who wants me back in the worst way, but I'm just not feeling it and therefore feel guilty so can't move on."

My bestie has a gift in making you say **** him. I can have her message you. I'd also offer her wingman skills, but they suck.

To me this is random... but how do you know if you're truly passionate about something?

You mean, passionate about an area of vet med/future career? It's probably a little different for everyone, but I had to spend 6 months working in a small animal clinic before I realized that life wasn't for me. I liked biology classes at school, but didn't fall in love with any of it until I became a TA and was interacting with the material and lab experiments in different ways. That's how it goes for me - something sounds interesting, I do a lot of book research, it still sounds appealing, I get involved, and after some amount of time I'm either still really intrigued or I realize I don't love it as much as I expected to. Sometimes it's the circumstance (if I'm working/interacting with really awesome people, you can bet I'll be more excited about what I'm doing). I think time is a really big thing. If you're there every day for 6 months and you still look forward to it, I'd say that's passion. But that's just me.

Reactions: 3 users
You mean, passionate about an area of vet med/future career? It's probably a little different for everyone, but I had to spend 6 months working in a small animal clinic before I realized that life wasn't for me. I liked biology classes at school, but didn't fall in love with any of it until I became a TA and was interacting with the material and lab experiments in different ways. That's how it goes for me - something sounds interesting, I do a lot of book research, it still sounds appealing, I get involved, and after some amount of time I'm either still really intrigued or I realize I don't love it as much as I expected to. Sometimes it's the circumstance (if I'm working/interacting with really awesome people, you can bet I'll be more excited about what I'm doing). I think time is a really big thing. If you're there every day for 6 months and you still look forward to it, I'd say that's passion. But that's just me.

Yes! I'm a planner by nature so I'm probably just way over thinking things. I really love the job I have now (lab animal tech in medical implant surgeries). Started mid May and work 40 hours a week, I still look forward to the next day but I like having my me time in the evening watching netflix and taking days off to see family :) It has really made me fall for lab animal... I love that it encompasses clinical med, research, pathology, and helps people as well. I feel like the pay for that part of the field is decent, with good hours, variety of species, and different avenues (academia/industry). It's really hard for me to not like anything about it (maybe the regulations, protocols, paperwork) but I haven't had enough experience in the regulation part to know if I like it or don't like it. People keep telling me to have an open mind and I want to since it's the right thing to do, but inside I'm like but I want to do this.. If that makes sense? I just want to know for sure this is what I want, but maybe that just takes time.

I bought Tyson's regular chicken nuggets instead of "Fun Nuggets." Never again. It's just not the same eating experience. I don't know if it's a different recipe or if there's some weird psychological thing at play, but round chicken nuggets are greatly inferior to dinosaur shaped ones.

Reactions: 11 users
I just want to know for sure this is what I want, but maybe that just takes time.
If you could actually predict the future like this, you could make billions. Sounds like you like lab animal medicine, so go for it! Always time to change your mind later. When I was looking for a job, one of the small animal/exotics places I interviewed at picked a boarded lab animal med doc over me (clearly can't compete with that as a new grad). She wanted to start a new career in private practice.

I bought Tyson's regular chicken nuggets instead of "Fun Nuggets." Never again. It's just not the same eating experience. I don't know if it's a different recipe or if there's some weird psychological thing at play, but round chicken nuggets are greatly inferior to dinosaur shaped ones.
Dino nuggets <3

If you can't pretend the ketchup is the blood of their slain enemies it just takes most of the appeal away.

Reactions: 8 users
I believe it is being abandoned. People have figured out the site works better logging on normally.
Week 1 without my SDN app: still going through withdrawal. Keep clicking the app that's now in the place where SDN Mobile sat for years on accident...and I have like 15 tabs open on my browser for SDN. Considering using my backup from last week to see if the app will come back to meeee

Week 1 without my SDN app: still going through withdrawal. Keep clicking the app that's now in the place where SDN Mobile sat for years on accident...and I have like 15 tabs open on my browser for SDN. Considering using my backup from last week to see if the app will come back to meeee
I'm pissed I spent money on that dang app

Once you use the mobile website, you never go back to the app. (Although, sometimes I do miss the notifications. But that was before Christmas/ before the watering hole flooded so it's okay)

Once you use the mobile website, you never go back to the app. (Although, sometimes I do miss the notifications. But that was before Christmas/ before the watering hole flooded so it's okay)
No no noooo
I used the mobile website for a year or so before I downloaded the app. And I've been using the app for years since. Would go back despite all it's issues lol. Like a bad relationship I'm not ready to end