Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking the mantle from the A-man, and full speed ahead with the new and improved random un-MCAT thread version 2.0.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would like to find an emoticon that strips naked and dances around the post area...anyone know of one? :smuggrin:

Nikki2002 said:

:love:

Somebody said earlier in this thread that SDN limits emoticons. What type of limit is this - per post, thread, person, etc?

I may be close to hitting the limit today. :laugh: Though I have regained my ability to use the spoken word. (My day has significantly improved since my earlier non-verbal outburst).

beary said:
:love:

Somebody said earlier in this thread that SDN limits emoticons. What type of limit is this - per post, thread, person, etc?

I may be close to hitting the limit today. :laugh: Though I have regained my ability to use the spoken word. (My day has significantly improved since my earlier non-verbal outburst).

It is per post. Hey beary, what WAS that about?

Members don't see this ad :)
Whooo!!! The kids are gone!!!!

Had a lot of fun with them, but whoa! It's nice to have the place to ourselves again.

I've decided that my goal for the rest of the summer will be to postwhore more in the new Random thread.

Hey MM! Glad to see ya! When is move day for you? I guess those of us who don't play games in the lounge aren't privy to your presence. :rolleyes: ;)

TypeA said:
Hey beary, what WAS that about?

Basically just my first real day as an intern. I literally went to the bathroom and hid. Then I sort of got my composure back. Everybody is overwhelmed.

Nothing big happened or anything.

beary said:
Basically just my first real day as an intern. I literally went to the bathroom and hid. Then I sort of got my composure back. Everybody is overwhelmed.

Sorry it was rough.

Nikki2002 said:
how crappy is this. i get out early today from the hospital at 2PM and i think things are awesome. i drive an hour to get home and when i check my email at home at 3 i see a reminder that was sent out on my way home telling us that those in leadership positions (me) have a class at the med school tonight from 530-730PM. this is AFTER i'm already home..... :( :mad: so i got to relax for about 15 minutes at home and drove the hour back to the damn medical campus to sit through two hours of some leadership lecture or something tonight and then drive an hour back. lovely. :thumbdown:

beary said:

:( you know it's going to get so much easier--congrats on surviving your 1st day

Arsenic said:
how crappy is this. i get out early today from the hospital at 2PM and i think things are awesome. i drive an hour to get home and when i check my email at home at 3 i see a reminder that was sent out on my way home telling us that those in leadership positions (me) have a class at the med school tonight from 530-730PM. this is AFTER i'm already home..... :( :mad: so i got to relax for about 15 minutes at home and drove the hour back to the damn medical campus to sit through two hours of some leadership lecture or something and then drive an hour back. lovely. :thumbdown:

That sucks. :thumbdown: I ignore emails like that. :laugh:

Arsenic said:
how crappy is this. i get out early today from the hospital at 2PM and i think things are awesome. i drive an hour to get home and when i check my email at home at 3 i see a reminder that was sent out on my way home telling us that those in leadership positions (me) have a class at the med school tonight from 530-730PM. this is AFTER i'm already home..... :( :mad: so i got to relax for about 15 minutes at home and drove the hour back to the damn medical campus to sit through two hours of some leadership lecture or something tonight and then drive an hour back. lovely. :thumbdown:
It will probably be a waste of time anyway. I hate that.

Arsenic said:
how crappy is this. i get out early today from the hospital at 2PM and i think things are awesome. i drive an hour to get home and when i check my email at home at 3 i see a reminder that was sent out on my way home telling us that those in leadership positions (me) have a class at the med school tonight from 530-730PM. this is AFTER i'm already home..... :( :mad: so i got to relax for about 15 minutes at home and drove the hour back to the damn medical campus to sit through two hours of some leadership lecture or something and then drive an hour back. lovely. :thumbdown:

that really sucks...... :( gas is so cheap and you really didn't need that extra 2 hours anyways.....

:love: :love:

beary said:
That sucks. :thumbdown: I ignore emails like that. :laugh:
i wish i could beary but this leadership class is worth 2 elective credits which means that i get 2 extra weeks of vacation for completing it since i'm taking it on top of my peds rotation. at my school each week of a course is a credit so since i'm taking this at the same time as peds i'm basically getting 2 credits without spending 2 weeks just on this class, thats how i get 2 extra weeks of vacation. its not bad, something like 4 2 hour lectures, 1 6 hour activity this saturday, and then attending all the freshman PE training sessions this year as a supervisor. i just wish they had sent us this reminder earlier, sending it the afternoon of this thing is just cruel since we havent heard anything about what was going on with this course in weeks.

beary said:

awwww. my poor HO, I'm sure i'll have days like this when i start internship. probably the whole first month. :laugh:

Whoever was asking about a naked smilie:
I lurk a VD fan forum. I don't post because they scare the ever living beejeebus out of me. :scared: but they do have a smilie that runs over and... um.. You get the idea to another smilie. :eek: They use it quite a lot.

Anastasis said:
I lurk a VD fan forum. I don't post because they scare the ever living beejeebus out of me. :scared: but they do have a smilie that runs over and... um.. You get the idea to another smilie. :eek: They use it quite a lot.
those VD fans are all freaks, FREAKS i tell you. :eek: :laugh:

Anastasis said:

well i'm glad to know that we don't scare you quite as much