Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking the mantle from the A-man, and full speed ahead with the new and improved random un-MCAT thread version 2.0.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
oxeye said:
Thanks for the :love: Nikki. I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself right now. Can't even get my butt off the couch to go watch the fireworks.

no that's definitely understandable--you probably wouldn't enjoy it anyways--i hope by tomorrow you are feeling better

Nikki2002 said:
we have some friends that can never leave the dog alone in the house during the fireworks b/c it will go nuts and destroy stuff
night guys, night nik!

i kinda forgot that i had to read about my patient before tomorrows rounds, oops. thats what i was doing for the last half hour. got it. :cool:

ok, try to kill this thread tomorrow. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
beary said:
:clap:

I'm a trendsetter. :D
beary, that's so funny that you went to see vanilla ice. i'm sure i would have wanted to go back then. :p

is there a link to your blog on your myspace page? i don't think i've seen it, but i may just be oblivious...:blonde:

beary said:
My double secret blog??!! ;)

Sure. I need to start some blog links too.

I didn't think you wanted to be linked. If it's ok now then I will link to yours as well.

Nikki2002 said:
we have some friends that can never leave the dog alone in the house during the fireworks b/c it will go nuts and destroy stuff

Ours hides in the bathroom.

If you really want a bunch of posts, you could post each letter to a word in a separate thread. But that might be a little over doing it. :p

gujuDoc said:
If you really want a bunch of posts, you could post each letter to a word in a separate thread. But that might be a little over doing it. :p

Oh gosh, please don't encourage them! :p

morning PW, mushy, and guju (and whoever else is around)!

i am trying not to feel the $820 hole in my bank account...well i guess it's not there quite yet thanks to the magic of credit cards, but it'll be there within the next 30 days, since i pay my credit card off in full every month.

We have a minor issue. I can't fit into any of my nice clothes and since I'm shadowing today I wanted to look nice. *sigh* This month it is now health eating time and exercise at least 1-2 hrs a day. I'm trying a fat burning system, hopefully it will boost up my metabolism. The biggest positive about this is everyone says it gives energy, not many say it gives weight loss, but you may burn fat but not lose "weight" per se. I hate those pills but at this point I'm desparate to get myself going. I probably am starting to get the onset of diabetes here (it runs in my family) because I'm tired all the time, thirsty, and peeing constantly. It nothing to do wtih Oklahoma's dry heat and I'm trying to flush out my system by drinking a billion gallons of water a day :D

scentimint said:

i am trying not to feel the $820 hole in my bank account...well i guess it's not there quite yet thanks to the magic of credit cards, but it'll be there within the next 30 days, since i pay my credit card off in full every month.
Good girl. Credit card debt is evil :(

beary said:
I have been looking at getting a satellite radio/MP3 player when I have a bit more money. Apparently the reception is questionable indoors.

Depends on whether you are in your house or a concrete/steel building. You can also pick it up on your home stereo if you have a home receiver or if your car is close enough to your house.

You can also tune in on the internet if you have an account!

A side note....

Breastfeeding nazis bother me.

Gotta get ready for work.

scentimint said:

Mornin'!

Ok, so USF requires two "character letters" of recommendation in addition to the committee letter from my school. but they don't seem to provide much detailed information on what that entails...any ideas? I had 6 recommendation letters sent to my pre-med committee, and USF (and most other schools) only require 3 letters, so maybe they can send some of the extra letters separately? I'm so confused! I thought I had taken care of asking for as many letters as I would need.

mshheaddoc said:
We have a minor issue. I can't fit into any of my nice clothes and since I'm shadowing today I wanted to look nice. *sigh* This month it is now health eating time and exercise at least 1-2 hrs a day. I'm trying a fat burning system, hopefully it will boost up my metabolism. The biggest positive about this is everyone says it gives energy, not many say it gives weight loss, but you may burn fat but not lose "weight" per se. I hate those pills but at this point I'm desparate to get myself going. I probably am starting to get the onset of diabetes here (it runs in my family) because I'm tired all the time, thirsty, and peeing constantly. It nothing to do wtih Oklahoma's dry heat and I'm trying to flush out my system by drinking a billion gallons of water a day :D

BREATHE!

Oh, and (while I am a million years away from being a doc) I would say that you're not diabetic yet...just hot. :laugh:

Well, I thought I could sense one coming on, but I was hoping not... a fibro flare. Sucks.. I am wiped and the skin bumps are starting. Not to mention the fact that my appendages each feel like they weigh 100 lbs! Walking up the stairs is a day's worth of exercise. Whoa. What a difference a day makes. :(

scentimint said:
Ok, so USF requires two "character letters" of recommendation in addition to the committee letter from my school. but they don't seem to provide much detailed information on what that entails...any ideas? I had 6 recommendation letters sent to my pre-med committee, and USF (and most other schools) only require 3 letters, so maybe they can send some of the extra letters separately? I'm so confused! I thought I had taken care of asking for as many letters as I would need.

USF requires the following:

2 science professors to write letters
1 non science professor to write a letter
2 character letters which could come from someone like a research supervisor, boss from a job, volunteer coordinator, etc.

The character letters essentially are just to write about your personal traits and qualities and who you are as a person.

gujuDoc said:
USF requires the following:

2 science professors to write letters
1 non science professor to write a letter
2 character letters which could come from someone like a research supervisor, boss from a job, volunteer coordinator, etc.

The character letters essentially are just to write about your personal traits and qualities and who you are as a person.
Right, gotcha. I have 6 letters on file, and I'm pretty sure that all of them commented on my personal traits and qualities, but they might have also commented on scientific ability. I guess I'll talk to my pre-med office to find out what they suggest...I really don't want to ask for more letters unless I have to...that's why I requested so many to begin with!

gujuDoc said:
The committee letter, however, may substitute the 3 professor letters.
Yes, I will have a committee letter b/c I took care of that already through BU. They required 3 letters of rec. but I sent them 6 just to make sure I had enough for the MD/PhD programs (some require 3 additional letters after the committee letter)