Pod Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awesome! I got the good news today too. I have my Temple interview 11/14 and will keep it only because I have already paid for flights and I have a lot of family there I would like to go visit. Good luck at AZCOM.

Just to let everyone know, I cancelled my last two interviews. I had all the flights booked and ready. I had one booked through expedia and the other booked directly using delta. I was afraid I was going to lose all the money on the flights, but I was pleasantly surprised that both expedia and delta gave me vouchers to use to book other flights. So now I have credit for two plane tickets I can use for vacations before the craziness begins next August! Just thought I would share in case someone might like that as an option :D

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone interviewed at CSPM? I've been accepted to NYCPM and Temple already, trying to decide if I should make the trip out to oakland.

If you've interviewed there, what impressed you about the school? I'd really like to here from someone that has interview at multiple schools and can give me some comparisons. thanks!

has anyone interviewed at CSPM? I've been accepted to NYCPM and Temple already, trying to decide if I should make the trip out to oakland.

If you've interviewed there, what impressed you about the school? I'd really like to here from someone that has interview at multiple schools and can give me some comparisons. thanks!

You should look into the interview feedback tab at the top of the forum page. Nonetheless, I've only interviewed at both California podiatry schools and what impressed me the most about CSPM is the clinic! They probably have the busiest clinic in one of the busiest hospitals in the nation. There was definitely plenty of action there while our group was touring. Another intriguing feature about this school is the early clinical experience students get starting their second year. Based on CSPM student commentary, the small class sizes are a plus, too (50 student cap.) (Samuel Merritt does not have an MD or DO program to integrate podiatry students into, so podiatry students are the "top dogs" in this interdisciplinary health sciences school.)

Personally, I do NOT like Oakland at all. The Bay area has some nice places, no doubt, but it's definitely too crowded for me. The school is going through some major construction which was a turn off for me as well. Cost of living is high.

I see you've been checking out the East Coast for the most part. You should definitely give the West a look. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am looking for some input from any students who are at Scholl/Temple or interviewed there. I am currently torn between both schools and need some help with choosing which one. i can see myself at either one. If anyone is willing to help please PM me.

I am looking for some input from any students who are at Scholl/Temple or interviewed there. I am currently torn between both schools and need some help with choosing which one. i can see myself at either one. If anyone is willing to help please PM me.

Hey OP, I was in the same boat as you are right now. I fell in love with both Scholl and Temple. I don't have anything bad to say about either schools because they are both outstanding at schools and both will produce outstanding podiatrist. With much consideration, I ended up picking Scholl. The important reasons why I picked Scholl are because they offered me more scholarships money, Scholl being outside of the city, and the undated facility.

I hope my input help you out a little bit OP. I think you should just pick the school that you can see yourself succeed in. :thumbup:

I found out the next day via email, then I received my acceptance letter a few days later in the mail.

What kind of questions were you asked at Western U? Thank you and appreciate your time :)

Look at the interview feedback and they are the same questions I was asked. If you study those then you shouldn't have any surprises. Good luck!
What kind of questions were you asked at Western U? Thank you and appreciate your time :)

Like the above user mentioned, definitely look at the "Interview Feedback" located at the top of this page. That's what I looked over in preparation for my interview at Western.

It's closed file, so they won't ask you anything about your MCAT or undergraduate stuff. Just relax and be yourself.

Interviewed at DMU last Friday and really liked it. OCPM interview coming up this Friday, Temple and Barry in December.

Does anyone have an idea of how quickly the acceptance spots are filling up?

I received an interview invite from both NYCPM and TUSPM :)

Any tips or comments besides the ones on the interview feedback page? I still don't know when to schedule the interviews. I was hoping to avoid Mondays since no one wants to be at work on a Monday.

Thanks for the advice!

Have an facebook groups for our class been created?? Who else is going to Barry with me!