Pod Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NoStress

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey peeps,

I thought I would start a thread for anyone that was granted an interview. What's your top choice? Let us know where you're going! :)

Also, anyone have suggestions on how to find cheap air fare? I live in Las Vegas and flights out to the east coast are a little pricey...especially on short notice. So far, Southwest airlines is proving to be the most reasonable choice to fly out to Philadelphia.

You guys have been great help thus far. Hope to read some good success stories very soon!

Members don't see this ad.

got my first interview request! At NYCPM, pretty excited.

got my first interview request! At NYCPM, pretty excited.

That's an awesome first to have. :D My first was Temple, which is close enough!

Best of luck, especially if it's one of your top choices.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview with Temple yesterday. Really pleased how fast it was since i just got my mcat scores on Tuesday. Temple is probably my 3rd choice right now behind Ohio and Scholl but we shall see..

how about some stats? that would really appease a curious next-cycle applicant..

how about some stats? that would really appease a curious next-cycle applicant..

3.2 cGPA. 3.0 sGPA. 22Q MCAT. 25+ hours of shadowing a podiatrist. 1+ years of research. 200+ clinical experience. 500+ community service and leadership experience.

So far I have two interviews; Temple and Western. Hope this helps!

So far I have interviews at Temple and NYCPM. 3.57 sGPA, 3.89 nsGPA, 3.67 cGPA, and 26Q mcat.

Last edited:
I'm up to 3 interviews now. Just received one from NYCPM. :)

That's exciting for all you interviewees. Good luck. The whole interview process was just a big blur when I look back at it, but I'd recommend just being yourself and enjoy the whole process. You're all applying much earlier than I did, which is smart and will give you time to really think about where you'd like to go.

I interviewed in the spring while southwest was having a massive sale on their tickets. Got all my tickets pretty cheap (NYCPM, TUSPM, OCPM, Midwestern).

Good luck to everyone.

So far I have interviews at Temple and NYCPM. 3.57 sGPA, 3.89 nsGPA, 3.67 cGPA, and 26Q mcat.
Nice numbers, I'd be expecting some good scholarships if you can hold a decent conversation with your interviewer.

How good are your chances if you are offered an interview? Anyone got rejected after interview?

I was wondering does anyone know if I have send in my letter of recommendations before the interviews for pod school.

I was wondering does anyone know if I have send in my letter of recommendations before the interviews for pod school.

Depends on the school. I was granted an interview to Western and Temple before they reveived my committee packet. New York waited until they got my letters before inviting me.

Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on the school. I was granted an interview to Western and Temple before they reveived my committee packet. New York waited until they got my letters before inviting me.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I was wondering did you use the recommendation form from western website for letters of rec. By the way, your lucky that you got invited to interviews. They are not done calculating my gpa

How good are your chances if you are offered an interview? Anyone got rejected after interview?

Well according to my friend who goes to medical school now, he basically told me that if the school granted interviews that bascially means that you passed their test scores and gpa requirement and now they are just looking at who you are.

Thanks. I was wondering did you use the recommendation form from western website for letters of rec. By the way, your lucky that you got invited to interviews. They are not done calculating my gpa

No, I didn't use that. I had my pre-health adviser at my university send all my letters as a packet. Pre-professional committee programs are sometimes offered at different colleges and universities. They basically make you submit all of your letters, do a mock interview, and send everything to the schools you designate. Some pod schools require that you provide 3 letters of recommendation, or just 2 letters if you send it through a pre-professional committee packet. If you have access to this type of program, I would highly recommend it! It helped me prepare for my interviews to come. :)

Hope this helps.

What date in August did you submit your app?

Stats for 2014 from Temple's FAQ:

• 576 applications for 110 seats
  • 368 applications invited to interview, 204 accepted

Just got my first interview from NYCPM!

I also have a question for anyone who have received an interview. Are you guys planning to stay at the hotel they're recommending? Also is there a certain date that they are starting the interviews or do you just let them know when you can make it?

Last edited:
...and my fourth interview comes from...CSPM! :)

This is going to get pricey. :eek:

I submitted my AACPMAS application on 8/2, but my mailing date wasn't until 9/7. Is this unusual?
Somehow I got an interview invite from CSPM yesterday (9/7) too...that was quick.

I retook my MCAT today; any chance I'll be getting more interviews in the meantime? Or will most schools wait for my new MCAT scores...?

Thanks

Just got another interview from CSPM!

No stress I completely understand. I'm gonna go and plant a money tree in the backyard right now. Wish me luck. >.<

I submitted my AACPMAS application on 8/2, but my mailing date wasn't until 9/7. Is this unusual?
Somehow I got an interview invite from CSPM yesterday (9/7) too...that was quick.

I retook my MCAT today; any chance I'll be getting more interviews in the meantime? Or will most schools wait for my new MCAT scores...?

Thanks

One of the schools told me during a phone call that they have access to our applications in an online form soon after we submit, so the fact that they responded quickly may be for that reason.

As for your MCAT, they may be interviewing you based on your current score, though, I'm not sure if more schools will prefer wait.

Just got another interview from CSPM!

No stress I completely understand. I'm gonna go and plant a money tree in the backyard right now. Wish me luck. >.<

If you have a fruitful money tree, be sure to send some my way. :D

Just got interview offers from NYCPM (Oct 14th) and Temple

Anyone else interviewing for these schools? Maybe we can meet up and talk about what we think?

Last edited:
DMU interview!!!

Arizona, it would be nice to meet some of you and discuss what we experienced, but it may be difficult to coordinate. Luckily, you have his forum. :)

I have an interview at Temple on Oct 7th. Anyone else going on that date?

3.2 cGPA. 3.0 sGPA. 22Q MCAT. 25+ hours of shadowing a podiatrist. 1+ years of research. 200+ clinical experience. 500+ community service and leadership experience.

So far I have two interviews; Temple and Western. Hope this helps!

You seem to be in the drivers seat right now with 4 interviews. Us having similar stats is such an inspiration. I look forward to hearing about your interview experiences.

I definitely wasn't expecting so many interviews right off the bat. In a way, I'm overwhelmed! I applied to all 9 pod schools. So far, I've received interviews from Temple, Western, New York, Samuel Merrit, and Des Moines. I've only scheduled Western for Sept. 20th so far. I'll probably go to Oakland next, then head East since it's further from me (and more expensive to get to.)

If I can do it, you definitely can! I'll keep you guys posted.

You seem to be in the drivers seat right now with 4 interviews. Us having similar stats is such an inspiration. I look forward to hearing about your interview experiences.

Thanks for the positive remarks. We should definitely support each other in our endeavors. In all reality, we'll probably be crossing paths in the near future. :)

I interviewed at AZpod in march and was accepted but deferred for next fall. I'm excited.

Has anyone who has been invited to interview at Temple actually been given a hotel? They told me I am on the waiting list at the Conwell Inn...which looks really nice except it only has 22 rooms ha. Seems so shady to me but oh well. I was just banking on a free hotel to limit costs for other interviews.

Anyway for anyone in a similar situation I recommend stayin in NJ which is only 7 miles away and charges 60 a night as opposed to 200 in the city. Plus Temple gives free parking by the school on interview day.

P.S. I am interviewing sept. 23rd

Recently while perusing the site, we took notice of the question regarding lodging at Temple. In response, TUSPM is typically able to accommodate 85-90% of interviewing applications with free lodging (typically at the Doubletree Hotel/ occasionally at the Conwell Inn). However, due to events beyond our control, periodically applicants have to secure and pay for their own lodging.

If only all of the other schools were as nice. :)

I just got an email invite from OCPM! :)

We should be travel buddies, Ferocity. Haha

I have interview invites at Temple, OCPM, NYCPM, DMU, Barry, and SMU, as well as an email from Scholl about preliminary screening of my application. Ive only scheduled Temple and DMU so far. Good luck to everyone!

can the rest of you guys please list your stats :)

3.57 science, 3.83 non science, 3.63 overall, 26Q

I have an interview at western on Oct 11th. Can those of you with interviews post dates please? :)

I agree! Also I got an e-mail from Barry and just scheduled Temple and Western's interviews. This process is more expensive than I think most people know.
Just received an email from Barry, too! This is starting to get overwhelming.

I just made my interview appointment with Western and Samuel Merritt. Who is going to Samuel Merritt on October 14?