Pod Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know yet if you will be eligible for any scholarships, and if so how generous are their scholarships.
I found out the next day via email, then I received my acceptance letter a few days later in the mail.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know yet if you will be eligible for any scholarships, and if so how generous are their scholarships.

No, I don't know quite yet. I'll probably find out once the school receives my deposit.

Nice! I was the first interviewed and accepted for MWU 2016! My friend Todd started at DMU this fall you'll probably get to meet him there. I hear great things about DMU

I know a Todd, he's in my class! There's only one Todd, so I'm assuming I know the one of which you speak.

Anyway, if any of you are heading to DMU for interviews, let me know, I'm a first year student and would be happy to answer any questions you have about it, or meet you guys in the lobby for coffee or something before hand;
I know how those jitters can get to you the morning of the interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for sharing this helpful information about interview.

I found out with my acceptance letter, maybe each school does it differently?

Anyway, if any of you are heading to DMU for interviews, let me know, I'm a first year student and would be happy to answer any questions you have about it, or meet you guys in the lobby for coffee or something before hand; I know how those jitters can get to you the morning of the interviews.

This. The jitters are the worst, and as helpful and kind everyone there is, it helps to have someone who is in no way involved in the process to talk things through and set the day off right. Definitely take bobdolerson up on this.

Accepted to Barry!!!! So excited loved the school & town!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to call tomorrow and schedule; I'll probably take the earliest date available. How about you?

I'm looking at Friday, Oct 14th, if available. I would like to get the best deal on a flight and I need to give my hairdresser time to fit me in :D

Oh, and go add your name next to mine on the Official Interview invite thread! :love:

I'm looking at Friday, Oct 14th, if available. I would like to get the best deal on a flight and I need to give my hairdresser time to fit me in :D

Oh, and go add your name next to mine on the Official Interview invite thread! :love:

congrats punkin. That was your first interview, right?

where is the official interview invite thread? I must be blind because I am not seeing this. Your not talking about the interview feedback at the very top are you?

i have an interview at NYCPM on 10/03 this coming monday.
what should i expect and how long after the interview process will i know that i got in.?

In general, would interviews in October and November be considered early in application cycle?

In general, would interviews in October and November be considered early in application cycle?

From what I have read anything before December is considered early in the cycle.

I was told that I might have another applicant rooming with me in the hotel room in Philly. Has anyone else experienced this?

I was hoping to have a family member travel with me, but I would hate to cause an awkward situation.

I was told that I might have another applicant rooming with me in the hotel room in Philly. Has anyone else experienced this?

I was hoping to have a family member travel with me, but I would hate to cause an awkward situation.

Hope that family member isn't coming to the interview day with you :)

Yes, they pair up applicants at the Doubletree. There is a chance you could get your own room if you are the oddball that day, but probably a last minute discovery. You will have to get your own room if you plan on bringing someone.

Yes, they pair up applicants at the Doubletree. There is a chance you could get your own room if you are the oddball that day, but probably a last minute discovery. You will have to get your own room if you plan on bringing someone.

I was told the same thing. I'll be staying with family instead.

Thanks, parent would not be coming with me to the interview. Just a travel buddy. I'll figure something out.

Thanks, parent would not be coming with me to the interview. Just a travel buddy. I'll figure something out.

Just thought I should mention that the location of the Doubletree is ideal for those who do not know the area well. It is very close to campus and is centrally located; no need to rent a car or worry about finding places to eat and hang out. I'm sure they'll bunk you with someone of the same sex; maybe you can get their info with time to chat (similar to finding out your freshmen college roommate?) and determine whether you would feel comfortable bunking with them?

has anyone received any word from CSPM in the past few weeks? Its the only school I haven't heard anything from yet. (interview invites from all 7 others! didn't apply to DMU)

has anyone received any word from CSPM in the past few weeks? Its the only school I haven't heard anything from yet. (interview invites from all 7 others! didn't apply to DMU)

I also have not heard from CSPM, but it's ok since I probably wouldn't schedule an interview

Just an FYI anyone who says they are accepted to Scholl already is lying. There was like 7/8 of us that interviewed there on Friday and we were told we were the first group this season.

Just an FYI anyone who says they are accepted to Scholl already is lying. There was like 7/8 of us that interviewed there on Friday and we were told we were the first group this season.

I don't think anybody has claimed an acceptance yet...

Does anyone know if Temple allows you to substitute science faculty LOR's for employment related LOR's?

Haven't heard anyone say that :confused:

What did you think of the interview process and the program overall?

Went to OCPM last Friday, got accepted by the time I'd gotten back to North Carolina. Super nice, enthusiastic people there.

Had a group of 6 or so guys, apparently the first group without a girl in a long while.

Went to OCPM last Friday, got accepted by the time I'd gotten back to North Carolina. Super nice, enthusiastic people there.

Had a group of 6 or so guys, apparently the first group without a girl in a long while.

Congrats!! :banana::thumbup:

Haven't heard anyone say that :confused:

What did you think of the interview process and the program overall?

Ya I don't know if anyone has claimed it either someone just asked earlier if it was still early so that clearly answers their question.

I liked Scholl. It was my first interview so I have nothing to compare it to yet. Really nice campus everyone was really nice too. Seem to be pretty well organized as well.

I saw you all come in the anatomy lab during your tour. We were dissecting at the time! I wish you the best! Hope to see you here next year!

Ya I don't know if anyone has claimed it either someone just asked earlier if it was still early so that clearly answers their question.

I liked Scholl. It was my first interview so I have nothing to compare it to yet. Really nice campus everyone was really nice too. Seem to be pretty well organized as well.

Oh, Ok. Your choice of words was interesting, then. Seemed a bit accusatory.

Thanks for the feedback.

Punkindump, why did you pick Barry over Temple?

Well I am a girl & from a smaller town in TX. Philly was very overwhelming to me & I don't know how comfortable I'd feel there on my own. Plus the school seemed a little bit older looking. Everyone I met in at Barry made me feel so welcomed & comfortable. The students are really close & I felt like it fit me personally better. I also liked all the hospitals tha Barry was a part of & their facilities. Although they dont have the on campus clinic their students still got to see tons of patients. All in all I just feel it fit. Temple is a great place too just not for me!

Well I am a girl & from a smaller town in TX. Philly was very overwhelming to me & I don't know how comfortable I'd feel there on my own. Plus the school seemed a little bit older looking. Everyone I met in at Barry made me feel so welcomed & comfortable. The students are really close & I felt like it fit me personally better. I also liked all the hospitals tha Barry was a part of & their facilities. Although they dont have the on campus clinic their students still got to see tons of patients. All in all I just feel it fit. Temple is a great place too just not for me!

Thanks! I'm from a small town too, but am really looking forward to the big city experience. NYCPM and Temple are my top choices, and I think I will have a hard time choosing between them.

I have received invites from 5 out of the 6 schools (MWU, DMU, NYCPM, Scholl, Temple, and Barry) I have applied to! I still have not sent in my LORs yet, so I have not heard back from scholl. Right now I am planning on interviewing at temple on 11/7, barry on 12/5, and I am hoping to interview at scholl once I hear back from them.

Will be interviewing at Midwestern on Halloween, haha

6 interview invites in the following order: NY, Western, Temple, Cal, Ohio, Barry. 3.15 overall, 29 MCAT. Family is going crazy over Temple. Would love to hear from Scholl.

Any of my fellow 10/17 Barry interviewees on SDN?

It went well, hoping for good news in the next couple days :xf:

Any of my fellow 10/17 Barry interviewees on SDN?

It went well, hoping for good news in the next couple days :xf:

Yeah I just got the good news from Amy, pretty excited. I canceled all my other interviews except at midwestern ( a lot closer to home) but Barry offers some pretty good scholarships that will be tough to pass up.

Good Luck!

Yeah I just got the good news from Amy, pretty excited. I canceled all my other interviews except at midwestern ( a lot closer to home) but Barry offers some pretty good scholarships that will be tough to pass up.

Good Luck!

Awesome! I got the good news today too.

Last edited: