Pod Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my stats is science gpa 3.63. non science gpa is 3.598. and my overall gpa is 3.62.

Members don't see this ad.

little late but got interviews at OCPM, Barry, and DMU. Def excited for DMU. So thats 4 interviews! By the way guys I took my interview with Temple over the summer during my internship there, don't be nervous! Also was told I will have my decision last week of September on offer of admission so excited, really loved Temple.

I just made my interview appointment with Western and Samuel Merritt. Who is going to Samuel Merritt on October 14?

I scheduled mine on the October 14th as well for Samuel Merritt! Going to Western on September 20th.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it take TUSPM or NYCPM to get back with a decision after your interview?

so far i was invited to NYCPM, OCPM, DMU, and Temple for interviews. My stats are 24M on the MCAT, science GPA is 3.06, ns 3.27, overall 3.12.

i was wondering how is everyone planning their trips? i'm thinking about taking 2 weeks off and having a east coast road trip starting in Iowa. However, I'm starting to think about what I want in a school and growing up in CA, diversity is really important to me. Does anyone know how diverse DMU and Ohio are??

I also interview with Samuel Merritt October 14th along with Western University October 4th! Good luck to everybody!

I think for those schools it would be worth it to drive, but I am going to Philadelphia(Temple) and Pomona(Western)... I doubt my car would live through all that driving. Also I would think Temple and NYCPM would be most diverse, but I've never been there so I could not say.
so far i was invited to NYCPM, OCPM, DMU, and Temple for interviews. My stats are 24M on the MCAT, science GPA is 3.06, ns 3.27, overall 3.12.

i was wondering how is everyone planning their trips? i'm thinking about taking 2 weeks off and having a east coast road trip starting in Iowa. However, I'm starting to think about what I want in a school and growing up in CA, diversity is really important to me. Does anyone know how diverse DMU and Ohio are??

Good luck future Pods! should be an exciting year of application. Now is the best time to become a podiatrist.

let me know if you guys have questions about interviews.
:)

Interviews @ Temple, Barry, NYCPM and screening @ Scholl

Here is what I have so far:

Temple 9/23
Barry 9/26 (tentative waiting for conformation)
CSPM 10/14
DMU 10/7

Anybody else traveling from TX?

Norman, OK so im close. But my dates are different.
Here is what I have so far:

Temple 9/23
Barry 9/26 (tentative waiting for conformation)
CSPM 10/14
DMU 10/7

Anybody else traveling from TX?

DMU interview!!!

Arizona, it would be nice to meet some of you and discuss what we experienced, but it may be difficult to coordinate. Luckily, you have his forum. :)

I interviewed there in the spring, got accepted and deferred for next fall, loved the school

I am coming from Dallas, TX. Have NYCPM Oct 14th. I haven't scheduled Barry or Temple yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed there in the spring, got accepted and deferred for next fall, loved the school

Did you interview anywhere else? I'm interested in DMU, but I used to live in Wisconsin and didn't like the weather much. I prefer the west for that reason. I wonder how diverse Des Moines is, also.

So far i have interview invites from NYCPM, OCPM, and Barry. Still hoping to hear from Scholl and Temple :confused:

got an interview from Barry today also.. Does anyone know how dangerous florida's annual hurricanes are?!

Just got another one to add! Got a 4th one at Western! I'm worried though. What are the chances of being accepted once you get an interview? It would be terrible to fly everywhere and come out with no acceptances :(

anyone else having trouble finding a hotel for Temple? I just called to schedule my Interview for Oct 17th and was told that the hotel is not available. They said in the invitation they would provide a hotel and now they aren't.

anyone else having trouble finding a hotel for Temple? I just called to schedule my Interview for Oct 17th and was told that the hotel is not available. They said in the invitation they would provide a hotel and now they aren't.

I had similar situation. I am interviewing 9-23 and they told me I was on a waiting list for a hotel. They got back to me yesterday saying they would give me a night but I decided to decline. Check out hotels in Jersey I booked one for cheap and am gonna drive to interview in the morning since they give you free parking.

Interviews at Barry, Temple, NYCPM, OCPM, and DMU. Waiting on Scholl! Has anyone heard from them yet?

I had similar situation. I am interviewing 9-23 and they told me I was on a waiting list for a hotel. They got back to me yesterday saying they would give me a night but I decided to decline. Check out hotels in Jersey I booked one for cheap and am gonna drive to interview in the morning since they give you free parking.

that doesn't sound very fair. Well I will be driving from NYC to Phili on Oct 16 and getting a hotel for the 17th and 18th if anyone wants to split anything PM me.

So does anybody know what we are supposed to do with our luggage after we leave the hotel and head to the interview??

So does anybody know what we are supposed to do with our luggage after we leave the hotel and head to the interview??

I would call the hotel. Many hotels have a locked room for luggage storage and will give you a valet ticket. Be prepared to pay a small fee for the service.

Does it matter how fast I respond to invitations for interviews to set up dates? I kind of wanted to wait to see who all I hear back from and then try to set up a week where I can do it all at once. Will they think I'm not serious or rude for not getting back to them right away?

Does it matter how fast I respond to invitations for interviews to set up dates? I kind of wanted to wait to see who all I hear back from and then try to set up a week where I can do it all at once. Will they think I'm not serious or rude for not getting back to them right away?

Great point. Another thing to consider is that if a school accepts you, they give you till a certain deadline to send in a deposit fee that can be later credited to your tuition. This can be up to $1000. I wonder if schools will let you defer this deposit until you finish your interviews.

Interviews at Barry, Temple, NYCPM, OCPM, and DMU. Waiting on Scholl! Has anyone heard from them yet?

Scholl typically starts interviewing in October so I am assuming they are currently screening applications and you all should PROBABLY start getting invitations within the next couple of weeks or so. I would call the admissions office and ask though. Goodluck to those applying to Scholl!

Scholl typically starts interviewing in October so I am assuming they are currently screening applications and you all should PROBABLY start getting invitations within the next couple of weeks or so. I would call the admissions office and ask though. Goodluck to those applying to Scholl!

trini-

do you know what the average stats for acceptance at Scholl are? I don't see it online anywhere. Thanks,

trini-

do you know what the average stats for acceptance at Scholl are? I don't see it online anywhere. Thanks,

Student Profile

Scholl College attracts strong students. Here are statistics for the fall 2010 first year class: Men: 57% and Women 43% - from 27 states, one foreign country.

Overall Grade Point Average: 3.23
Science Grade Point Average: 3.08

Competitive MCAT: 25

Scholl interview! :)

So, 8/9 schools have sent invites. The only one left is AZPOD.

Midwestern just sent me some sort of conformation and login info for their application process. I guess we should all be hearing from them soon now, too!

so.. Arizona wants us to send them transcripts? No other schools asked that

I submitted my application about 2 weeks ago, and I just received my 3rd interview (Des Moines, Western, and Temple).

Unfortunately, my pre-med advisor hasn't submitted my letters yet (he's waiting on the one from a podiatrist), which is holding up my application for Scholl - but hopefully in time, everything will be finalized!

My stats: 3.92 overall GPA, 29 MCAT

I submitted my application about 2 weeks ago, and I just received my 3rd interview (Des Moines, Western, and Temple).

Unfortunately, my pre-med advisor hasn't submitted my letters yet (he's waiting on the one from a podiatrist), which is holding up my application for Scholl - but hopefully in time, everything will be finalized!

My stats: 3.92 overall GPA, 29 MCAT

Wow those are great stats..some of the best I've seen to date! I'm sure you'll have great chances.

If anyone is going to Barry on Sept 26 or CUSPM on the 14th ot Scholl on the 13th and wants to share a hotel PM me! This taveling is getting expensive!! We can't stay with podiatry students right? Like that isn't an option we are given?

This will probably be my final roster of interview. Just got a rejection from Temple, and I attribute it to my darn Verbal score. This rejection really put a dent in my confidence and I'm nervous I will get rejected after five interviews blahhh! But we all just got to push through!

NYCPM 9/27
Barry 10/03
Scholl 10/7
Western 10/11
OCPM 10/14

We are going to be at Western on the same date!
This will probably be my final roster of interview. Just got a rejection from Temple, and I attribute it to my darn Verbal score. This rejection really put a dent in my confidence and I'm nervous I will get rejected after five interviews blahhh! But we all just got to push through!

NYCPM 9/27
Barry 10/03
Scholl 10/7
Western 10/11
OCPM 10/14

Is anyone else interviewing at Temple this coming Monday the 19th?

We should all meet up if you guys will be there the day before the interview. Do you live in the area or are you staying at a hotel on their list?

NYCPM 9/27
Barry 10/03
Scholl 10/7
Western 10/11
OCPM 10/14

I will be at Western that day too!

We should all meet up if you guys will be there the day before the interview. Do you live in the area or are you staying at a hotel on their list?

I will be there a day before! I haven't booked my flight or hotel yet so I don't know when i arrive. It would be great to meet up to keep our minds off of the interview. I know I am prone to being my own worst enemy. :)

I agree. It would be nice to meet possible future classmates as well.
I will be there a day before! I haven't booked my flight or hotel yet so I don't know when i arrive. It would be great to meet up to keep our minds off of the interview. I know I am prone to being my own worst enemy. :)

I'll be driving home the day before because my hometown is about 15 minutes away from Western. :)
I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Do you like living in california? Is the area around the school nice?
I'll be driving home the day before because my hometown is about 15 minutes away from Western. :)
I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Do you like living in california? Is the area around the school nice?

I love living in California! Especially southern california - there's so much to do, great weather, and lots of culture/diversity (something very important to me)!

The city of Pomona isn't the best, but you literally just have to drive out 10-20 minutes in any direction, and you can be in some really great cities. I know that when my friend visited the school, she didn't like the location, but that's because she didn't know what else was around. There's a lot of great entertainment and restaurants that aren't far from the school if you know where to go!

Just an FYI to everyone. AZPOD is behind in their interview invites. I called the school and asked about why we have to send our transcripts and she said they just started so nothing is documented yet. It should be a week or two before they have everything logged in.

I love living in California! Especially southern california - there's so much to do, great weather, and lots of culture/diversity (something very important to me)!

The city of Pomona isn't the best, but you literally just have to drive out 10-20 minutes in any direction, and you can be in some really great cities. I know that when my friend visited the school, she didn't like the location, but that's because she didn't know what else was around. There's a lot of great entertainment and restaurants that aren't far from the school if you know where to go!

:thumbup:

I'm interviewing at Western this Tuesday. I can't wait!