PERIO Match/Pass 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has Tufts started interviews yet?

This question may have already been asked, but I could not figure out how to "search" in this particular thread. Sorry if repetitive!

Members don't see this ad.

Has Tufts started interviews yet?

This question may have already been asked, but I could not figure out how to "search" in this particular thread. Sorry if repetitive!
yes, they did, I sent an email to them before the deadline and they said that they were interviewing. But do not lose hope they might invite more people.

For those who have had interviews what types of questions have been asked? Are thy mainly just asking about you or are there perio questions?

Has medical university of south Caroline finished interviews ?
Most of them ask questions about what have you done so far and what's your future plan, also why you want to be periodontist, and why you chose this program, where do you see your self after 5 years? it is kind of chatting. But some people ask what's your weakness and strength and this kind of questions?

Anyone has any idea about Nova interview type of question and how long, how many people will interview you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Most of them ask questions about what have you done so far and what's your future plan, also why you want to be periodontist, and why you chose this program, where do you see your self after 5 years? it is kind of chatting. But some people ask what's your weakness and strength and this kind of questions?

Anyone has any idea about Nova interview type of question and how long, how many people will interview you?
Nova asks pretty much the same questions as above. We had four people interviewing us in the room at once, but it was supposed to be five. Interviews lasted approximately half an hour.

Reactions: 1 user
Nova asks pretty much the same questions as above. We had four people interviewing us in the room at once, but it was supposed to be five. Interviews lasted approximately half an hour.
Thank you & good luck.

Last year Texas A&M Baylor had a series of 3 interviews with two faculty members in each room. Each one lasted about 30-40 minutes, so it took all morning. There was also a meeting with the current residents; they don't get a real vote, but their input is used- so it's good to be friendly and try to connect (but don't say anything that can be used against you!).
Thanks! Yes I can imagine. Have you had or got an interview there?

What about Minnesota? Any news?

I was told they are in the process of reviewing applications. They will be contacting applicants soon to schedule Zoom interviews.

I was told they are in the process of reviewing applications. They will be contacting applicants soon to schedule Zoom interviews.
Yes I was told same. When did you ask them?

Not an interview. I was told to expect another call to setup a Zoom interview, which I have not received yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any of the schools NOT participating in MATCH, started sending offers yet?

Last edited:
Have any of the schools not participating in MATCH, started sending offers yet?

Schools is match aren’t supposed to send offers.
They rank their desired candidates and wait and see who match just like us “or this is how it should be..”

Schools is match aren’t supposed to send offers.
They rank their desired candidates and wait and see who match just like us “or this is how it should be..”

I think you may have misread the question, I was asking about schools not participating match. Thank you for your input though

A classmate of mine will be attending, so yes they have

Yes you are correct. I ended up just calling BU and they said they have sent out the first round of offers for the residency positions

Hi,
1. Has anyone heard back from University of Detroit Mercy?
2. How many residents do Boston accept? Pass says 9 but could it be more?

Hi,
1. Has anyone heard back from University of Detroit Mercy?
2. How many residents do Boston accept? Pass says 9 but could it be more?

1) Heard back from Detroit Mercy in what way? I know that have interviewed, but they are MATCH regarding offering positions. My friend interviewed there earlier in September

2) Any school can technically accept more than the listed amount. Some years schools will accept +1 or -1 depending on the year and clinic director. Boston list 9 spots, but it is not a true 9 because some are PhD students and I believe they also have a fellow. So really it is like 6 - 7 Three-Year Masters Perio residents per year.

Is case western done with interviews and what about Harvard?

Anyone has any info about how to get ready for Post-Match?
Can we use our PASS application to submit documents to programs that might have open spots or would they want paper copies of the application/transcripts/letters being send to them?

Texas A&M (Baylor) has a tuition cost of about $9000 per year. According to the residents there, they get a stipend that covers everything and they get about $1000 left over in their pocket.
Have you heard anything about the program there?
Is that for out of state or just instate?
I’ve heard it’s a very good program. Did you apply/ get a interview?

Does anyone get an email from Nova admission like this after the interview? :

Thank you for your application to Nova Southeastern University.

You may access a listing of your outstanding application requirements via our online system

• Go to WebSTAR and select Admissions.
  • Admissions Login: If you filed your application via the web, use your Admissions Login ID and PIN.
  • Under Processed Applications, click on the Admissions Term value representing your application.
Note: If you have submitted more than one application to the university, multiple Admissions Term values may display.
  • Requirements are listed at the bottom of the page; outstanding items will not have a received date.
I got this and all my documents have received date, I guess this kind of step should be before the interview not after.

Does anyone get an email from Nova admission like this after the interview? :

Thank you for your application to Nova Southeastern University.

You may access a listing of your outstanding application requirements via our online system

• Go to WebSTAR and select Admissions.
  • Admissions Login: If you filed your application via the web, use your Admissions Login ID and PIN.
  • Under Processed Applications, click on the Admissions Term value representing your application.
Note: If you have submitted more than one application to the university, multiple Admissions Term values may display.
  • Requirements are listed at the bottom of the page; outstanding items will not have a received date.
I got this and all my documents have received date, I guess this kind of step should be before the interview not after.
Yes, I've gotten an email like that and also another generic email from Nova. Interviews have been completed at Nova so I would just disregard it. I went for an interview there and know that my file is complete.

Yes, I've gotten an email like that and also another generic email from Nova. Interviews have been completed at Nova so I would just disregard it. I went for an interview there and know that my file is complete.
:thumbup:Ok, thank you and good luck. ;)

I also got that email and called Nova just to check that everything was complete. They told me that email was generated by their system, so just discard it and don't worry :)

Reactions: 1 users
I also got that email and called Nova just to check that everything was complete. They told me that email was generated by their system, so just discard it and don't worry :)
Thank you :thumbup:

1. are the programs required to rank everyone who they have interviewed? in other words, being ranked is guaranteed for applicants who had interviews?
2. When do we find out about the Match result?
3. In avg, how many applicants are ranked in programs' list?

1. are the programs required to rank everyone who they have interviewed? in other words, being ranked is guaranteed for applicants who had interviews?

1. No. Schools are not required to rank every applicant they interviewed .
2. Sometime in November before Thanksgiving
3. No way of knowing this

Match date is Nov 22.
You are supposed to submit your ranking by Nov 15th.
Best of luck.

anybody willing to share their rankings? just curious

Why don't you share your rankings with us? :lol:

is it fine to apply to Boston now ? as they have their deadlines only by feb 2020.

Guys any one interviewed at Minnesota? They are a puzzle to me. Any inputs plz

guys how is the program at baylor (texas a &m) with respect to didactics, clinical and research. Is there good mentoring and guidance by the faculty? and do they prepare residents for boards and are the graduates board certified? Do they take only in-state students or also out-state/internationals? how about the stability of the program?

Baylor Texas A&M in Dallas has been through four directors in four years.
The current director is a recent graduate, as is the only other full-time faculty member.
The department chair is not a periodontist, never even been a clinician.
For what it's worth...
But I think their director is now there for since atleast a year.