PERIO Match/Pass 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMDdoggo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
- Has anyone sent out applications yet? What is considered a "late" application submission? Do applicants usually send out applications as soon as PASS opens?
- Does anyone have insider tips on which schools will not be accepting applicants/recruiting internally this year?

Feel free to comment below with other questions you may have.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for starting this thread.
Would be interesting to know if any schools are recruiting internally as I don’t want to waste an application!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for starting this thread.
Would be interesting to know if any schools are recruiting internally as I don’t want to waste an application!!!
Agreed! Have you started your PASS applications yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
yes I’ve completed the basics. How about you? Where are you applying?

Hi there
Does anyone have a list of programs that do not participate in match & accept internationally trained dentists?

Hi there
Does anyone have a list of programs that do not participate in match & accept internationally trained dentists?
It should be on the AAP website, just go through each program and there is a section that states "Takes internationally trained dentists?"

Has anyone applied to Boston? I submitted pass application but not heard back from them.

Has anyone applied to Boston? I submitted pass application but not heard back from them.
I applied. Submitted my application on Monday, still haven't received any info.

Getting ready to submit apps this week. Eek has anyone heard back so far??

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,
first time posting in the forum:)
Has anyone received a completion email from VCU? I am checking the forum from 2018 and it looks like VCU sent out invites early July. I have not had my check cashed or any email regarding them receiving my secondary application so just wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys shall we make a list of schools and their interview dates like the previous perio threads?

Reactions: 1 users
Boston- ??
Chicago- ??

Is that it. I literally have only just sent my application am I too late??

Boston- ??
Chicago- ??

Is that it. I literally have only just sent my application am I too late??
No most programs have August first as their deadline. So as long as you sent them in before you are good:)

Has anyone heard back about application completion and/or their check cashed from VCU? I have sent them two emails and no answer. I am currently out of the country and worried that my secondary has gotten lost.

VCU responded and they said they will start reviewing applications very soon.

Any idea about interview invites from NYU and Columbia?

Anyone successful in contacting SLU and UNC trying to contact them no response

Does anyone knows if NOVA sent their interview invitations or not?

Only schools that I am aware of personally that have given invites are Oklahoma and Tennessee.
Not sure about any of the others Bc I didn’t apply to the above mentioned.

Only schools that I am aware of personally that have given invites are Oklahoma and Tennessee.
Not sure about any of the others Bc I didn’t apply to the above mentioned.
really? i didn't even get completion email from Tennesse. Did you?

Got an interview from BU last week.

Is anyone applying to GPRs as a backup? With the whole match system, is it not to your favor to list backups? The rationality being that if you're "okay" with going to a GPR (vs getting accepted immediately to perio), then it's "okay" to not match you to perio as you wanted.

Also follow up question, can perio schools SEE if you applied to GPR/ whatever other schools?

Does anyone know the cost of attendance for VCU and Connecticut?

Why is this thread so quiet compared to the others? Is the cycle really this quiet

Why is this thread so quiet compared to the others? Is the cycle really this quiet

I guess because most programs didn't send their invitations yet. As far as I know, starting from next week the invitations will be sent accordingly. Correct me if I am wrong :happy:.

Did anyone successfully send their NBDE official scores to UCLA? I tried using the email that was on their website But I got an email from the board saying the email I requested was incorrect.

Harvard Interview via email
July 30, Aug 6, or Aug 8

These are programs I'v heard from for interviews and respective interview dates....

Tennessee-August 12th
Louisville-August 15th
Nova-September 16th

Anyone successful in contacting SLU and UNC trying to contact them no response

I'v not heard from UNC but received an email from SLU that they'd start reaching out to interview candidates after the 3rd week in August.