PERIO Match/Pass 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello, Did Maryland send you an email after they called you?
It’s August 28th. They sent me official email just few days back. They notified me over phone almost 3 weeks ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone hear from UNC or Minnesota this year?

I haven't heard from Minnesota either, but when I did an externship there I recall being told that invites wouldn't be sent out until the end of August.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard they will wait for the deadline and reach out after. But I could be wrong.
Hmm now I’ve done the calculations applying to ucsf May have been a waste. It’s crazy expensive with living costs

Did anyone know if Columbia sent a confirmation email after choosing the preferred interview date?

You know what could be quite useful -if we start a list of programs that have spaces ‘filled’ or given all interview spots particularly those that have application dates in the future ...may help someone save application fees

Members don't see this ad :)
Rutgers have sent 4 acceptances. 2 of them have accepted and they are waiting on the other 2. This is confirmed by the director.

For Case Western, it looks like they have people from last year that couldn’t get in so they accepted them in this year. This from an insider source but couldn’t confirm it.

Reactions: 2 users
Rutgers have sent 4 acceptances. 2 of them have accepted and they are waiting on the other 2. This is confirmed by the director.

For Case Western, it looks like they have people from last year that couldn’t get in so they accepted them in this year. This from an insider source but couldn’t confirm it.
Thanks for this update!

How can they have acceptances if Match Day isn't until November? Do they do something different?

they did not even send me an application complete email.. I emailed more than 2 times since last month asking if they received it and whither it was complete or not but no one replied. and I called and they hung up on me.....
I mean they literally stopped replying after they received my payment and won't even email me a complete application email
I think their admission office is kinda disorganized. makes you wonder how they function within the departments.

Sorry for the long rant but I am very disappointed in their process. we're professional individuals and I think we should be treated as such.
There is no way one can reach ppl at Tufts. No body picks up the phone and they respond to emails only when they want to.

I heard from Indiana and STONY brook so far.
Uth Houston has scheduled interviews mid sept. Good luck to those applied there.

No not from what I’m aware

Grrr I guess I should finally cross housto off my list
No not from what I’m aware

Grrr I guess I should finally cross housto off my list
It’s very competitive, hardly any tuitions. Don’t lose hopes yet. They might call more if someone cancels.

It’s very competitive, hardly any tuitions. Don’t lose hopes yet. They might call more if someone cancels.
Thanks but yeh I kinda have. I’m really confused by what program directors are looking for. I don’t think my experience and profile is very different to those on here... I know the cycle is not completely over but I need to face reality sooner rather than later

they did not even send me an application complete email.. I emailed more than 2 times since last month asking if they received it and whither it was complete or not but no one replied. and I called and they hung up on me.....
I mean they literally stopped replying after they received my payment and won't even email me a complete application email
I think their admission office is kinda disorganized. makes you wonder how they function within the departments.

Sorry for the long rant but I am very disappointed in their process. we're professional individuals and I think we should be treated as such.

Yep I feel some schools are using this to make money. They probably know the people they are going to pick already

Hi everyone,

I have my interview with UTHSCSA tomorrow, I can post what kind of questions they ask afterwards if anyone is interested.

Houston interview is early September. Texas A&M on the 20th (interview dates are the 20th, 23rd, and 30th). UAB in October.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
What are the available interview dates for michigan?

I interviewed there a couple weeks back. We were told there will only be one day/group of interviews. They will only add a second interview day (end of October?) if they cannot fill the group or don't like enough of the people who attended.

Has anyone heard back from UW? If you did, when did you submit your application and when did you get your invitation? Thank you!

Has anyone heard back from UW? If you did, when did you submit your application and when did you get your invitation? Thank you!

I submitted very early. All my application material was confirmed submitted by UW on July 2nd. They have 2 interview days. One was August 9th. The other is October 11th. I received my invitation on July 26th.

Ucsf sent out invites today.
September 25th
October 2nd

I submitted very early. All my application material was confirmed submitted by UW on July 2nd. They have 2 interview days. One was August 9th. The other is October 11th. I received my invitation on July 26th.
Do you know if they already sent the October 11 invites?

Thank you for sharing the details with us. Best of luck this cycle!