People have given up on the quarantine.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LOL. They can't even complain since it was a black cop that smacked her...

Props to that white cop who took the beating and didn't react. I would've beat the colon out of her...

Or the rioters will say, "the white cop beat her hand with his face! racism!"

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 user

LOL. They can't even complain since it was a black cop that smacked her...

Props to that white cop who took the beating and didn't react. I would've beat the colon out of her...

Or the rioters will say, "the white cop beat her hand with his face! racism!"

This type of sentiment is what is dividing this nation.

What happened to George Floyd is despicable and horrifying. The video clearly shows a white cop acting with utter disregard to a black man's life even while being recorded.

What happened in that video is simply a glimpse of the systematic racism that is intimately woven in every facet of our society. This isn't about one video or one incident.

99% of the protestors are not rioting. They are peacefully voicing their discontent at the brutality of the system that can end an innocent person's life with full impunity. And many of them are WHITE protestors in unison with blacks.

Undercover cops poising as protestors have been seen looting and destroying public property as an attempt to turn public opinion against the peaceful protestors. This is not a conspiracy. There are videos and photos of this on social media for evidence. They keep getting taken down and then re-uploaded by others.

Open your eyes. There are those that seek to divide you on multiple fronts. Now national guards have been called and this could lead to martial law down the road. The protestors will also be blamed for spreading this virus.

Reactions: 2 users
I just find it funny that lady had the audacity to hit a cop. Probably thinking she's entitled to. And the fact that instant justice was served lol

Not sure if there is institutionalized racism in this country. There may be but I personally haven't noticed.

I don't honestly understand why there is an uproar on this George Floyd case since we don't know anything about it just yet other than the fact that the cop got too excited and may have done something stupid. The cop has been arrested and waiting trial. It's an isolated incident.

It's not like cops are going around killing completely innocent people. And it's sickening to hear people compare this to the civil rights movement era. They had actual division among races. These fools that riot can't even answer questions like, "why are you doing this?" lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I just find it funny that lady had the audacity to hit a cop. Probably thinking she's entitled to. And the fact that instant justice was served lol

Not sure if there is institutionalized racism in this country. There may be but I personally haven't noticed.

I don't honestly understand why there is an uproar on this George Floyd case since we don't know anything about it just yet other than the fact that the cop got too excited and may have done something stupid. The cop has been arrested and waiting trial. It's an isolated incident.

It's not like cops are going around killing completely innocent people. And it's sickening to hear people compare this to the civil rights movement era. They had actual division among races. These fools that riot can't even answer questions like, "why are you doing this?" lol
The uproar is justified. Cops act with little or no regard in encounters like this. This is not the first time, there are multiple instances of this.

It is also sad that because you don't see racism in your life it must not be prevalent. I don't encounter it that often either but that doesn't mean it's not there.

What is also sad is that the forces will use this to impose martial law and in effect also strengthen the lockdown even further. Then they will come back and say that these wreckless rioters spread the virus.

You are right in the sense that this isn't about racism but for the wrong reasons.

The uproar is justified. Cops act with little or no regard in encounters like this. This is not the first time, there are multiple instances of this.

It is also sad that because you don't see racism in your life it must not be prevalent. I don't encounter it that often either but that doesn't mean it's not there.

What is also sad is that the forces will use this to impose martial law and in effect also strengthen the lockdown even further. Then they will come back and say that these wreckless rioters spread the virus.

You are right in the sense that this isn't about racism but for the wrong reasons.
Protesting is justified for those who believe in their cause but not sure destroying people's livelihood and their own city is. Most who are destroying and stealing are doing it so they can steal free stuff. They don't care about a greater cause. They cant even articulate what they're doing or why they're doing it.

Someone posted this at another forum. I thought he had a good point.

If I made a list of the top 100 problems that the black community in the US is facing it would look like this:

1. Father Absence
2. Education
3. Blacks committing crimes
4. Gangs
5. Black on Black crime

Yes. Black people are more likely to kill/murder/commit a crime because they are black.

Statistically speaking, if you are black you are more likely to commit a crime than another person who is white.

Does racism occur in the US: YES.
Does systematic/garbage racism occur in the US: No. There's absolutely no proof of it anywhere.

Stats and facts don't lie.

I know you mean well but your comments are grounded in a false sense of reality and border line racist. Only an oblivious non black person would say the things you are saying.

All your bullet points 1-5 are correct. But these all stem from hundreds of years of slavery and institutionalized racism. Black people are in the predicament they are in because of all this.

I'm not going into statistics and facts to prove to you that systematic racism exists. The data is out there. To say otherwise is just silly.

Reactions: 1 users
I know you mean well but your comments are grounded in a false sense of reality and border line racist. Only an oblivious non black person would say the things you are saying.

All your bullet points 1-5 are correct. But these all stem from hundreds of years of slavery and institutionalized racism. Black people are in the predicament they are in because of all this.

I'm not going into statistics and facts to prove to you that systematic racism exists. The data is out there. To say otherwise is just silly.
This is not mine. After I said “Someone posted this at another forum. I thought he had a good point.”, rest is a copy and paste from another forum.

This is not mine. After I said “Someone posted this at another forum. I thought he had a good point.”, rest is a copy and paste from another forum.
It may not be yours but you obviously agree with this person's post. It is disheartening that people can think like this.

Very oblivious and ignorant mentality. This is why it is so easy to control people.

It may not be yours but you obviously agree with this person's post. It is disheartening that people can think like this.

Very oblivious and ignorant mentality. This is why it is so easy to control people.
No. Just because someone has a good point, does not mean I have to agree. I agree to a certain degree.

Took african american history in college which was a very awakening perspective on history. Not sure if there is evidence of institutional racism as these protesters are claiming. Racism surely exist but is the entire police department racist, dont think so. im sure racists cops exist. Just like there are racists people in general out there. There are white racists and there are black racists. There are asian racists. I feel like asians are the most racists people lol but thats just my opinion.

Ive been a victim of racism. Both from white and black. Never thought that there was institutionalized racism though.

All that being said, looting and destroying people’s livelihood is NEVER justified. If anyone comes into my home with intent to harm, he or she aint walking out alive.

Btw, you cut off half of the post. If you read my original post, he goes on to explain with statics on black on black violence. And white vs blacks being killed by the cops.

Again, im not saying he is entirely right but explaining like he with data and stats may give better understanding on whats really going on as opposed to just reacting to a 30 second video and claiming that it represents the entire narrative on institutional racism.

No. Just because someone has a good point, does not mean I have to agree. I agree to a certain degree.

Took african american history in college which was a very awakening perspective on history. Not sure if there is evidence of institutional racism as these protesters are claiming. Racism surely exist but is the entire police department racist, dont think so. im sure racists cops exist. Just like there are racists people in general out there. There are white racists and there are black racists. There are asian racists. I feel like asians are the most racists people lol but thats just my opinion.

Ive been a victim of racism. Both from white and black. Never thought that there was institutionalized racism though.

All that being said, looting and destroying people’s livelihood is NEVER justified. If anyone comes into my home with intent to harm, he or she aint walking out alive.

Bro, no one is saying all white cops are racist. Actually most cops are law abiding people just trying to do their job and get home.

Also, looting and destroying property is illegal and demeans the purpose of the protests.

The looting and destruction is being done by others to attack the validity of the movement. This is being captured on video and social media.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whenever I hear about riots I always think of the line from Milk that goes something like “I know you’re angry. I’m angry too. Let’s go show them our anger!”.

That movie really changed my prospective on riots. I always thought they were dumb/pointless. Well I still mostly think that but now I think I get it, at least a little. When your anger and frustration has no productive outlet what else are you left with?

I think JFK said something like “When peaceful protest is impossible violent protests become inevitable”. I think that’s what we are seeing. Not the peaceful protest is impossible just that it isn’t working. So you start getting violent protests.

We weren’t discussing the death of an innocent black man in this thread before the riots started so I am not sure I buy that this takes away from his death or distracts from the real issue. If they are meant to draw attention to the issue or provide an outlet for people to show their anger than yeah I would say it’s working.

As for the idea that the looting is staged to discredit the protestors...that sounds pretty conspiracy theorist to me. Surely it is more likely that the looters are just opportunists taking advantage of the chaos? I guess anything is possible though.

Whenever I hear about riots I always think of the line from Milk that goes something like “I know you’re angry. I’m angry too. Let’s go show them our anger!”.

That movie really changed my prospective on riots. I always thought they were dumb/pointless. Well I still mostly think that but now I think I get it, at least a little. When your anger and frustration has no productive outlet what else are you left with?

I think JFK said something like “When peaceful protest is impossible violent protests become inevitable”. I think that’s what we are seeing. Not the peaceful protest is impossible just that it isn’t working. So you start getting violent protests.

We weren’t discussing the death of an innocent black man in this thread before the riots started so I am not sure I buy that this takes away from his death or distracts from the real issue. If they are meant to draw attention to the issue or provide an outlet for people to show their anger than yeah I would say it’s working.

As for the idea that the looting is staged to discredit the protestors...that sounds pretty conspiracy theorist to me. Surely it is more likely that the looters are just opportunists taking advantage of the chaos? I guess anything is possible though.
With dictatorship or tyrant government, I could see riots being justified. But the type of riots or the reason for them right now is just people wanting to use this opportunity to take free stuff lol.

I have a question. Why does it matter if someone died "with covid" or "of covid" (Whatever that means)

Why are we not tracking just overall death rates and, if there's an unanticipated increase compared to what we expect, we try to isolate what's causing the unanticipated increase and stop it from continuing to increase deaths.

Oh. Wait. That's in fact exactly what we're doing.

1590865885330.png

As long as people understand a cop killing a black man doesn't make all cops racists and a few people looting and causing damage to property doesn't define all protestors then the discussion should go on.

If one can't see both of these things, this should be closed.

The media does two things, they like to show deaths of black men by cops and rioting gone wrong. This is a minority not the majority of what happens.

“Certain conditions continue to exist in our society, which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation’s summers of riots are caused by our nation’s winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention” - Martin Luther King, 1967

This type of sentiment is what is dividing this nation.

What happened to George Floyd is despicable and horrifying. The video clearly shows a white cop acting with utter disregard to a black man's life even while being recorded.

What happened in that video is simply a glimpse of the systematic racism that is intimately woven in every facet of our society. This isn't about one video or one incident.

99% of the protestors are not rioting. They are peacefully voicing their discontent at the brutality of the system that can end an innocent person's life with full impunity. And many of them are WHITE protestors in unison with blacks.

Undercover cops poising as protestors have been seen looting and destroying public property as an attempt to turn public opinion against the peaceful protestors. This is not a conspiracy. There are videos and photos of this on social media for evidence. They keep getting taken down and then re-uploaded by others.

Open your eyes. There are those that seek to divide you on multiple fronts. Now national guards have been called and this could lead to martial law down the road. The protestors will also be blamed for spreading this virus.

I did see the video of the undercover cop in Minneapolis smashing the Auto Zone with a hammer. So you may be correct. I only know of that one instance but there could be multiple undercover cop videos I haven't seen

However, all the destruction is not from JUST undercover cops. I can show you over 20+ videos of young teens/adults (white and black) smashing windows, spray painting, looting, climbing on cars/buildings. The videos keep coming in. This is happening everywhere.

I agree 99% of the protesters are being peaceful and I agree with their right to do so. It's the small-minded, underdeveloped brained, lashing out, "sticking it to the man" losers who are ruining it for everyone.

"An agent provocateur (French for "inciting agent") is a person who commits or who acts to entice another person to commit an illegal or rash act or falsely implicate them in partaking in an illegal act, so as to ruin the reputation or entice legal action against the target or a group they belong to. An agent provocateur may be a member of a law enforcement agency acting out of their own sense of duty or under orders, or other entity. They may target any group, such as a peaceful protest or demonstration, a union, a political party or a company."

This is not a new concept or "conspiracy." Provocateurs have existed throughout history, especially the French revolution and Bolshevik revolution to incite violence and control the narrative.

Question...is anyone on here an optimist and think society will ever actually improve? Because I don't.

Violence, racism, and murder will always exist. There have been riots since the Roman Empire and there will always be riots, murder, and racism. Sorry for being a pessimist.

"I don't know if man is inherently good or inherently evil, but I do know man is inherently self-serving" that quote is from me...just now.

Seems pretty good to me.

Work hard and you can achieve anything.

I support the manslaughter charge of the officer involved in the Floyd case. I do think it would be hard to be in the situation that they are put in on a frequent basis - however after reviewing the video it is clear that he took excessive force and should be held accountable for the outcome.

It would be different if they got into a brief scuffle and an accidental/unintended event took place that lead to a death. Here you can see that he got caught up in the moment and went entirely too far. In our profession, this would be like mixing an IV under the influence of drugs and causing a death. We would be held accountable. It could not be interpreted as an accident. This officer will be held accountable and it appears that his life has been turned upside down.

Regarding these riots - I do not in any way support, or sympathize with Its cause. When I look at these crowds it appears that they are largely late teens early twenties - and it seems that theft and looting, for personal gain, are an objective of some of these riots, as evidenced by so many people recorded running off with merchandise. I would ask - how does running out of your home, breaking into business, and committing theft/violence serve a greater purpose?

It seems as though there are a great number of rioters that are simply using this as an opportunity to score some free merchandise and I find that terrible. There are many that are righteously angry and are properly demonstrating this - however this credible righteous anger has been clouded by malicious intent.

I would also add that the rioting does not seem to be a black/white thing to me... I see Caucasian, African American, Hispanic, etc participating in this madness and MANY (not all) should be held accountable as vandals, arsons, and burglars just the same as that officer was held accountable.

Last edited:
Question...is anyone on here an optimist and think society will ever actually improve?

"I don't know if man is inherently good or inherently evil, but I do know man is inherently self-serving" that quote is from me...just now.

I think about this often. Does anyone remember the quote from Anne Frank’s diary? It went something like:

“Despite all I have seen, I still believe that mankind is inherently good”

I consider her, and this statement, an authority on this subject.

I can't support the methods being used to get the message across.

The cause/objective is hard to coordinate and articulate at this time. We can make some assumptions but I am afraid the violent nature of what is happening will overshadow the message.

I think about this often. Does anyone remember the quote from Anne Frank’s diary? It went something like:

15 year olds in the 1940's: "Despite all I have seen, I still believe that mankind is inherently good"

15 year olds in 2020: "Did you hear that new Drake song? Its so firreeeereeeeeeee"

15 year olds in the 1940's: "Despite all I have seen, I still believe that mankind is inherently good"

15 year olds in 2020: "Did you hear that new Drake song? Its so firreeeereeeeeeee"

Somewhat humorous but not really accurate is it? You are holding up one extraordinary example from any generation against the average of the current generation.

Unless of course you think Anne Frank is representative of her generation, in which I would have to say greatest generation indeed!

Man is not inherently good or bad. Man has tendencies in both directions.

Somewhat humorous but not really accurate is it? You are holding up one extraordinary example from any generation against the average of the current generation.

Unless of course you think Anne Frank is representative of her generation, in which I would have to say greatest generation indeed!

No it was just a joke. That Drake line was from a Joe Rogan bit.

However, if that really is an Anne Frank quote then she seems more wise than any 15 year old I have ever met.

• Haha
Man is not inherently good or bad. Man has tendencies in both directions.

Ok... I would agree that no man is either 100% good or 100% evil. However I do think it is reasonable to say that we are inherently partial to goodness

Ok... I would agree that no man is either 100% good or 100% evil. However I do think it is reasonable to say that we are inherently partial to goodness
Well I will respectfully disagree. The world as it is provides evidence to the contrary every day.

• Hmm

Good and bad is not black and white though. There is definitely gray area depending on the situation. Ask yourself this...without laws put on by society or some type of religious/spiritual rulebook would you still have the same views as right or wrong? I don't have an answer I just ask myself this question a lot.

She is not n authority on anything other than her own personal suffering. The compassion of the people that hid her and her family is so outweighed by the evil of the people who turned her in and the people who killed her.

Good and bad is not black and white though. There is definitely gray area depending on the situation. Ask yourself this...without laws put on by society or some type of religious/spiritual rulebook would you still have the same views as right or wrong? I don't have an answer I just ask myself this question a lot.
You are 100% correct. Religion, when done well tries to steer you towards the good .

Well I will respectfully disagree. The world as it is provides evidence to the contrary every day.

Fair enough.... And yes I would disagree with you also.

My experience has shown me that collectively, as a human species, yes we are deeply flawed and is likely the result of what you see in the world every day.

However on an individual level, you can count on an inherent pull toward goodness, compassion, and love.

You are 100% correct. Religion, when done well tries to steer you towards the good .

I'm not religious but this is the best argument I've heard for the existence of a higher power. If humans are inherently good, then those morals had to come from somewhere else. Something before the existence of man.

No it was just a joke. That Drake line was from a Joe Rogan bit.

However, if that really is an Anne Frank quote then she seems more wise than any 15 year old I have ever met.

What is drake? I am so far detached from reality that when I hear, “drake” I think of a lesser dragon.

I'm not religious but this is the best argument I've heard for the existence of a higher power. If humans are inherently good, then those morals had to come from somewhere else. Something before the existence of man.
Well close. It's the idea is that man needs a higher authority to answer to. If there is nothing above you, you are your own God. It is amazing to me if you started in 1960 you would see a continuous drop in religiosity in the USA. At the same time you would see a dramatic but equal increase in narcissism . As religion wanes narcissism rises. That doesn't religion all peaches and cream. If you asked psychiatrists what they most encountered in the 50"s & 60"s it would be guilt and that would be from religion.

Minneapolis:

SF

Actually, that happened during the SF White Night riots as well. The SFPD made up reasons to fire into to the crowd and the cops themselves in civilian clothing started the Elephant Walk bar fight (they actually got FBI involvement to arrest the cops responsible for that). That's why SFPD has such oversight nowadays. And some of the arrests are from our neighboring state. I hope they receive federal charges on top of the state ones for interstate issues. Not politics, just vandals. Dianne Feinstein did quite a bit to reform the PD with restructuring the Commission.

A bunch of the places in the city I hold dear, including Uncle Edgar/Uncle Hugo were burned down last night after the 3rd Precinct and 1st withdrew from the area. 5th Precinct (the rich area) was reinforced. 1st Precinct reinforced the hospitals and 2nd the University and the hospitals. Ingebretsen's was smashed. Most Targets in the city and the surrounding nine counties (the Met Council governed territory) are closed until further notice (at least until Monday).

There's a good book: Race, Space, and Riots that goes into how this works out and the actual ramping up of historical riots.

Trump might just get re-elected. When people are scared, they will go with a strong man.

Who is in charge, if a nationwide martial law goes into effect? Would it still be the President? Would it be whoever is head of the army? Someone else? I've been hearing people say different things about this, maybe one of the military people has the definitive answer.

Who is in charge, if a nationwide martial law goes into effect? Would it still be the President? Would it be whoever is head of the army? Someone else? I've been hearing people say different things about this, maybe one of the military people has the definitive answer.
On paper, I would guess the POTUS assumes power since he is the Commander in Chief. In reality, one entity is in control of everything.

Who is in charge of the army?

The President would still be in charge. He is the one that declares martial law. That doesn't mean he would relinquish control over to the military in terms of decision making.