People have given up on the quarantine.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
giphy.gif

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
From the New York Times, WHO just declared asymptomatic transmission as very rare.

In other words, quarantining the healthy and young was pointless. :)

And they have completely backtracked on that, because it's not true. And even if it were true
"asymptomatic" is a separate issue from "presymptomatic".....and no one has questioned that
presymptomatic folks do indeed spread the virus far and wide.

A lot of the cloth masks are too thin for particulate exclusion. It's about as bad as condom compliance.

If the virus is droplet born, any mask or barrier will help cut down the particle expulsion. Not close to 100% by any means, but since viral load seems to be very important in who gets sick from COVID, and how sick the get from it, then even if cloth masks are only 40% effective (as studies have shown), that is still better than nothing. It's the same reason why we give flu shots every year, even though historically their effectiveness may vary from 40% - 85%. Even the 40% years are better than 0%.

Wearing masks for the general public is useless. They offer very little protection and actually cause more harm from extended use. Even Tony Fauci declared them useless for the public in a 60 minute interview a while back.

This is completely false. Masks do not harm you, and Fauci admits he out and out lied because he didn't want to cause runs on mask.

So much for hair cuts killing all the old people...

What this shows is that mask wearing does indeed work. With the MO haircutters, both the hair cutters and their clients were masks. Plus, they had some sort of plastic barrier in front of the client (kinda like what retails stores now have.) What this study shows that IF proper precautions are taken, then yes we can safely open back up. Unfortunately, people are completely misusing the MO haircutter situation to justify running around with no masks and no precautions.

Stop comparing 1918 pandemic with this one. The country was not shut down the same way that it is now, there was a lot of revisionist history concocted to rationalize our present lockdown.

Ridiculous. There are many comparisons. 1) large gatherings spread the disease and cities that locked down earlier and opened back up later had less deaths than cities that did the opposite. No, there were no state-wide lock downs. But in 1918, many schools and churches, and workplaces closed, and major cities did have lockdowns similar to what we had. No, the rural areas didn't lock down, but since travel was much more limited at that time, rural areas weren't a concern. 2) mask wearing was important and helped to slow the spread of the disease. And, just like today, there were "anti-mask" people who refused to take that simple health precaution.

It's a shame that because so many people refuse to learn from history, we are doomed to repeatthat history.

It's funny how authorities were OK with thousands of people coming out to protest but then feign caution for simple activities like dining out. So they came up with that silly super spreader theory to explain away how its safe to be outside protesting but you can't be inside with other people.

What is sad is that because of this dichotomy, you have come to the conclusion that there must not be any harm for the protesters, so their is no harm for any other activity. What the real conclusion is, yes, protesters are still at risk, but the authorities have decided not to call out or warn the protesters about that risk (and there are several different reasons why the authorities may have decided to do this.) But the reality is still the same for all of us, COVID is a risk and we should all be taking reasonable precautions (mask wearing, socially distancing.)

The sheep will continue to be led to the slaughter.

Yes, the sheep who refuse to believe that COVID is real and dangerous, are indeed leading themselves to the slaughter. Unfortunately, the are bring many other people with them, as they irresponsibly spread COVID around by refusing to take precautions.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why do you try to argue with a demagogue? There is no point. If you don't accept the idea we are in this midst of a pandemic, how can you have a rational conversation.

Why do you try to argue with a demagogue? There is no point. If you don't accept the idea we are in this midst of a pandemic, how can you have a rational conversation.
Yeah it's one thing to disagree about specifics and entirely another to think there's nothing going on in the first place.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah it's one thing to disagree about specifics and entirely another to think there's nothing going on in the first place.
Or as my step father always said. never try to convince someone the sky is not brown.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
... There was a 'lockdown' in many places but I am not aware of anyone being thrown in jail for not following safety measures. They might not be allowed to enter a grocery store or board a flight without a mask. If unemployed, you get 4k a month through the end of July in most states.

What is this 'people like you' nonsense. I don't know where you live or how you live. You seem to posses some insider knowledge of how different forum members live.

First of all you said there is no virus, so I am not sure why you keep talking about Fauci and CDC.

You also don't need to go back to 1918 to get lockdown data when you see China and then Italy showing you that a proper lockdown can be effective. Since you claim that the whole virus is BS, you are not even presenting any arguments worth listening to. Your argument is not that we didn't respond to this pandemic properly, your argument is there was no pandemic to begin with.

Every once in a while I take you off of ignore. I always regret it. You are a disgrace to the profession of pharmacy but you are a highly esteemed member of the CECSSA. Clueless, Evil Conspiracy Spreading Society of America.

You cherry pick useless poorly done studies mix them together to weave a tale that would make The Russian Internet Research Agency proud. QANON approved, tin foil hat endorsed BS.

back to ignore you go, under your rock. where you belong. you should in fact be banned from this forum for posting trash. You know what is wore than a lie? Weaving poorly documented information together to tell a tale that is on it's false.

So you ignore anyone that disagrees with you and now you think this person should be banned? Simply because he believes some nutty ****? (sorry, Lazy. You a lil nuts). Is he inciting violence? Is he violating TOS?

I'll never get this whole block/ignore/silence movement. An echo chamber is the opposite of what I want. It breeds arrogance. I want to hear opposing ideas, just to make sure I'm still thinking straight.

I want to hear opposing ideas, just to make sure I'm still thinking straight.

I used to think that I wanted that. Then I found out that there are people who believe that the world is flat. Now I believe garbage in=garbage out and prefer that echo chamber you were talking about.

• Haha
I used to think that I wanted that. Then I found out that there are people who believe that the world is flat. Now I believe garbage in=garbage out and prefer that echo chamber you were talking about.
BuT wAt aBoUt TeH AtMoSpHeRe?

So you ignore anyone that disagrees with you and now you think this person should be banned? Simply because he believes some nutty ****? (sorry, Lazy. You a lil nuts). Is he inciting violence? Is he violating TOS?

I'll never get this whole block/ignore/silence movement. An echo chamber is the opposite of what I want. It breeds arrogance. I want to hear opposing ideas, just to make sure I'm still thinking straight.
There's a difference between rational opposing ideas and irrational nonsense.

Members don't see this ad :)

I will happily debate people who don't agree with me. I will ignore, tin foil hat, conspircy theory mongering fact free, idiotic demagogues. As I said, if someone is trying to argue the sky is brown, I'm out of the conversation. Same here, I will not engage with people who believe in alternate facts.

OK, in the interest of transparency we have thread-banned LazyPharmacist2.0, and are in the process of removing some posts.

We support discussion of minority scientific opinions and important medical topics. However, all available scientific data make it clear that wearing masks and practicing social distancing is of great public health importance in combating the COVID pandemic. Allowing misinformation to spread is literally costing lives, and in this exceptional circumstance SDN will not allow posts that perpetuate false claims and conspiracy theories that argue against these measures.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
You can be cynical all u want. Those deaths were falsely classified as Covid.

Just not true. Mistakes happen, but that works on both sides. There are FAR more deaths from COVID, where the person was never tested, so those deaths don't count as COVID, then people who died of something else and were inadvertently counted as a COVID death.

U think it's a coincidence that all these riots happen the moment the state's reopen. LOL.

Of course it's not a coincidence. People were going stir crazy in lock-down, so its not at all surprising at the riots, the overpacked beaches, and everything else. Doesn't mean it is at all safe, just because it is understandable.

I don't what more u want to believe this whole thing was BS.

Because it is not. I've followed this extensively since mid-January and what it did to China, then Italy. And now US. It is very real, the evidence is overwhelming.

I guess will have to wait for that 60 minute interview where Fauci confesses this whole thing was fake

You apparently don't realize this is a worldwide event, and it majorly hit other countries well before it hit the US. Do you really believe that Fauci is some kind of Dr. Evil controlling the entire world? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hmm why hasn't the country been shut back down yet?

Who would have guessed opening back up would result in massive increases in new cases?

So I have a crazy conspiracy theory that is probably like the fourth most ridiculous conspiracy theory in this thread.

LazyPharmacist2.0 is Unchained with a new account

So I have a crazy conspiracy theory that is probably like the fourth most ridiculous conspiracy theory in this thread.

LazyPharmacist2.0 is Unchained with a new account
I do not believe unchained was banned

Did anyone here actually take lazypharmacy seriously?

• Haha
Hmm why hasn't the country been shut back down yet?

Who would have guessed opening back up would result in massive increases in new cases?

Multiple states that opened have closed down again. Texas and Florida reclosed all bars and Oregon shut down again. California is on the verge of it as well. Shockingly, opening up really public places in the middle of the first wave of a pandemic leads to surging numbers of cases.

Multiple states that opened have closed down again. Texas and Florida reclosed all bars and Oregon shut down again. California is on the verge of it as well. Shockingly, opening up really public places in the middle of the first wave of a pandemic leads to surging numbers of cases.

Surprised Pikachu face.

• Wow
There's a difference between rational opposing ideas and irrational nonsense.
I will happily debate people who don't agree with me. I will ignore, tin foil hat, conspircy theory mongering fact free, idiotic demagogues. As I said, if someone is trying to argue the sky is brown, I'm out of the conversation. Same here, I will not engage with people who believe in alternate facts.

Totally fair if you choose not to engage, you won't change their minds anyway.

My post was in response to the suggestion that they should be silenced and banned. I disagree with that notion and think that unless you're inciting violence or hate, you should have the right to discuss your ideas.

My post was in response to the suggestion that they should be silenced and banned. I disagree with that notion and think that unless you're inciting violence or hate, you should have the right to discuss your ideas.
What if those ideas directly effects the health of others? Alternate viewpoints can lead to financial loss, detriment to mental and physical health, etc.

• Haha
What if those ideas directly effects the health of others? Alternate viewpoints can lead to financial loss, detriment to mental and physical health, etc.
My problem with that is that it's too subjective.
Give me any idea and I'll tell how it detrimentally affects my mental or physical health. You gonna go after all the herbal/homeopathic nuts that are convincing people to come off their meds and take St. Johns Wort instead? Should they be censored? If by directly, you mean suggesting violent acts or inciting violence, then I agree with you. Yes, alternate viewpoints can lead to financial loss, detriment to mental and physical health, etc, but they can also lead to innovation. If your position is to silence anyone who thinks differently than you, please elaborate.

Before I say anything else, let me be clear that I am in no way refuting the recommendation to wear a mask and social distance. I practice these myself. But, can we pump the brakes on pretending like we have CoVID all figured out? You guys realize under the leadership of top experts, we've pivoted dozens of times within the last 3 months. No masks, no steroids, HCQ+AZTH, remdesivir sucks, nevermind HCQ is bad, everyone wear masks, nevermind remdesivir works the first study just sucked, now use dexamethasone! What we were doing 3 months ago is now wrong, and we're now intentionally doing what we thought was initially harmful.

The point is, things change. We don't have all the answers. We've been making it up as we go because its a novel virus. If we silenced anyone with a different idea 3 months ago...we wouldn't have the data on treatments that we have now!

My problem with that is that it's too subjective.
Give me any idea and I'll tell how it detrimentally affects my mental or physical health. You gonna go after all the herbal/homeopathic nuts that are convincing people to come off their meds and take St. Johns Wort instead? Should they be censored? If by directly, you mean suggesting violent acts or inciting violence, then I agree with you. Yes, alternate viewpoints can lead to financial loss, detriment to mental and physical health, etc, but they can also lead to innovation. If your position is to silence anyone who thinks differently than you, please elaborate.

Before I say anything else, let me be clear that I am in no way refuting the recommendation to wear a mask and social distance. I practice these myself. But, can we pump the brakes on pretending like we have CoVID all figured out? You guys realize under the leadership of top experts, we've pivoted dozens of times within the last 3 months. No masks, no steroids, HCQ+AZTH, remdesivir sucks, nevermind HCQ is bad, everyone wear masks, nevermind remdesivir works the first study just sucked, now use dexamethasone! What we were doing 3 months ago is now wrong, and we're now intentionally doing what we thought was initially harmful.

The point is, things change. We don't have all the answers. We've been making it up as we go because its a novel virus. If we silenced anyone with a different idea 3 months ago...we wouldn't have the data on treatments that we have now!
I was talking in general. But let me ask you this then. Would you rather trust a guy that just says, "dude, just trust me bro" or go with the words of people that are actually doing the research and correct their mistakes as research continues?

He never wanted to talk about the global Jewish conspiracy though

• Haha
I was talking in general. But let me ask you this then. Would you rather trust a guy that just says, "dude, just trust me bro" or go with the words of people that are actually doing the research and correct their mistakes as research continues?

Of course we should place our trust in the body of research. I'm a practicing clinical pharmacist. I read and interpret literature daily as it pertains to my role. I am in no way suggesting that "bro science" should have a place in medicine.

The point I was trying to make is that the very nature of research is to ask questions. It's inconsistent if not hypocritical to be open minded to new research but closed minded to any idea that doesn't fall into "the current thinking". As I pointed out, 3 months ago, the current thinking was that steroids had a detrimental effect in patients with Covid-19.

And that's a fair position to take. I tend to lean that way myself.

However, during a once in a century epidemic I won't fault anyone for being more strict about this sort of thing.

Of course we should place our trust in the body of research. I'm a practicing clinical pharmacist. I read and interpret literature daily as it pertains to my role. I am in no way suggesting that "bro science" should have a place in medicine.

The point I was trying to make is that the very nature of research is to ask questions. It's inconsistent if not hypocritical to be open minded to new research but closed minded to any idea that doesn't fall into "the current thinking". As I pointed out, 3 months ago, the current thinking was that steroids had a detrimental effect in patients with Covid-19.
I agree. I am more talking about the conspiracy theorist that used to post here and just tell me to "critically think about it" without any supporting evidence or research or plans to do research.

You can take anything to an extreme. When this first started, I would have told you that If I got infected, I would take hydroxychloroqine. Now, not so much. When you post information that has already proven to be false and that information may lead others to take actions that would be detrimental to their health, they should be banned.

When you defame doctors and insist the death count for Covid is being falsified., you deserve to be banned. Anyone with a shred of understanding knows the number of deaths from Covid is under reported, not under reported.

When you post the demonstrations are a government intention to enslave people, this is not difference of medical opinion. It's a sign of severe mental disorder.

That is why I put these people on Ignore. What's the point?

Not only are deaths underreported, but the amount of cases itself is extremely underreported.

I can't imagine anything less then 10% of the population has had it this point minimum. No one is even remotely concerned.

You have to think the average person has 2 to 3 colds per year.

Is that true? I must be the luckiest man on earth then.

Or Im unlucky.

I don't think I've ever gone a year without at least 2 colds. I do have two contaminants bringing their sicknesses home from school every day though.

These cases might really ramp up when school is back in session

Not only are deaths underreported, but the amount of cases itself is extremely underreported.

I can't imagine anything less then 10% of the population has had it this point minimum. No one is even remotely concerned.

You have to think the average person has 2 to 3 colds per year.
Also true. Except, colds don't cause hospitals don't fill up hospital and ICU beds.

You can take anything to an extreme. When this first started, I would have told you that If I got infected, I would take hydroxychloroqine. Now, not so much. When you post information that has already proven to be false and that information may lead others to take actions that would be detrimental to their health, they should be banned.

When you defame doctors and insist the death count for Covid is being falsified., you deserve to be banned. Anyone with a shred of understanding knows the number of deaths from Covid is under reported, not under reported.

When you post the demonstrations are a government intention to enslave people, this is not difference of medical opinion. It's a sign of severe mental disorder.

That is why I put these people on Ignore. What's the point?

Well...I may have missed a few of his posts. :laugh:

I do not believe unchained was banned

I don't think so either, but unchained might have forgot their password, and hence had to start a new account. Haha, a minor YouTuber I follow (minor in that the guy lives off his you tube/patreon salary, but pretty much nobody would have any idea who he was)....he has accounts on all the other social media/video platforms, but he forgot his log-on for one of them and couldn't get it back, so he has an account on that platform with a 1 letter difference in his name. I'll just say, this guy is such a nerd, and this was such a nerdy thing for him to admit to.