Pedo 2010!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
San Antonio Called - offered November 12/13 for interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

YES FINALLY! DC Childrens

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys.. do these guys send interview invites in increments??? any clue???

I haven't a clue how it works - all I know is that I had the day off yesterday and came in to work to a message from Joyce from San Antonio that was left yesterday morning at 10 to call her back. She offered only the dates mentioned - but I didn't ask if there were any alternative dates. I don't have enuf interviews yet to have major conflicts.

I'm excited about this one! Great program!
University of Florida
Date offered: 10/13/09 (email)
Interview dates: 11/13 and 11/20

I'm excited about this one! Great program!
University of Florida

ditto! i have a conflict with connecticut and tennessee though. any advice?

i know someone mentioned DC childrens but i figured id throw in the dates.
notified 10/13 by email
Monday, November 23rd 9am-5pm
Monday, December 7th 9am-5pm

Yes, programs do invite in increments. Yes it is possible to trade dates with someone, I did it last year. But I couldn't trade all my dates and had to decline an interview. Congrats to those getting interviews. Don't give up hope if your not, it seems very competetive this year, I'm not getting quite as many interviews as I did Last year. Just gotta cross my fingers and hope for the best. :xf:

San Antonio Called - offered November 12/13 for interviews.

Congratulations, absolutely thrilled for you. I'm still anxiously waiting for more NY and California programs. They're taking forever.

Everyone, I'll update the interview list at the end of the day. :xf:

I have a conflict with interviews.

Which two would you attend out of Lutheran Brooklyn, VCU, and Houston? Thanks!

Eeeeks.. Logging on after 3 years, tried in vain to change the tacky user name. SIGH :(

BTW, Temple also offers interviews on Nov 2

Last edited:
has anyone else received an interview from NYU?? I know someone earlier posted, but anyone else?? thx!

Anybody getting any rejection letters? Is it pretty standard to get a rejection letter, or to just never hear from the program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Some programs send out letters when they recieve your interview stating the dates for the interview and also that if you don't here from them by a certain date that you can assume that they are not inviting you. Some actually send letters saying that they are not offering you and interview. As for the rest - anyone else know??:eek:

Anybody getting any rejection letters? Is it pretty standard to get a rejection letter, or to just never hear from the program?

Program: Rochester
Date invited: 8/24
Mode of invite: Phone
Dates offered: Mon Oct 26 through Dec 7

Program: Buffalo
Date invited: 9/08
Mode of invite: Snail Mail
Dates offered: 8 dates

Program: Cincinnati
Date invited: 9/16
Dates offered: Nov 15-16, Dec 6-7

Program: Milwaukee (Hospital?)
Date invited:9/15
Mode of invite: e-mail
Dates offered:

Program: Ohio State
Date invited: 9/21, 10/5, 10/9 e-mail, phone
Mode of invite : Snail mail
Dates offered: 11/1-2, 12/6-7

Program: Baylor
Date invited: 9/21
Dates offered: 12/3-4

Program: Lutheran (all sites)
Date invited: 9/24, 10/7 call, Providence
Dates offered: ???

Program: San Antonio
Date invited: 9/ 24, 10/2, 10/13
Mode of invite: e-mail, call
Dates offered: 11/5, 6

Program: MCG (Medical College of Georgia)
Date invited: 9/23

Program: Toledo
Date invited: 9/28
Dates offered: Oct 22 and 23

Program: Univ of Connecticut
Date invited:10/2
Dates offered: Oct30, Nove20, Dec11

Program: Miami Children's Hospital
Date invited: 10/2

Program: NYUCD
Dates offered: 10/30, 11/2, 11/6

Program: Indiana
Dates offered:11/1-2, 11/12-13

Program:
University of Louisville
Date invited: 10/5
Dates offered: 10/22, 10/23

Program: University of Nebraska Med Center
Date invited: 10/6
Dates offered: Nov 6

Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Date invited: Oct 7 e-mail
Interview Dates: Oct 19, Nov 16, Dec 7

Program: University of Kentucky
Date invited: Email on 10/02
Interview date: Nov. 5-6

Program: University of Iowa
Date invited: by email 10/8, 10/9
Dates: Nov. 1-2 or Nov. 15-16

Program: U Texas Houston
Date invited: 10/07 By phone
Dates offered: 11/19

Program: Medical University of South Carolina
Date invited: phone 10/8
Interview offered: Dec 7/8 or Nov 16/17

Program: Univ of Temple
Date invited: snail mail 10/8
Dates offered: Call for dates, 11/16 & 23
Program: Case Western
Date invited: e-mail 10/8
Dates offered: Oct. 19th, Nov. 2nd, 16th, and 23rd.

Program: Nebraska
Date invited: 10/8
Dates offered: ????

Program: Univ of Pennsylvania
Date invited: 10/9 e-mail
Dates offered: 11/6

Program: UMDNJ
Date invited: email 10/9
Dates offered: 11/2, 3, 9, 10

Program: Tufts University
Date invited: snail mail 10/9
Dates offered: 11/2

Program: University of Pittsburgh
Dates offered: 11/6 or 11/20

Program: Bronx Lebanon
Date invited: Phone call Oct 8th
Dates offered - Nov 9, 11, 16, Dec 7 and 9

Program: Tennessee
Date invited: Phone 10/9

Program: Louisiana State University
Date invited: email on 10/5
Date offered: 10/20-10/21
Program: VCU
Date invited: phone
Dates offered: 11/19, 20

Program: University of Florida

Program: DC children's
Date offered: 10/13 by email
Interview dates:11/23, 12/7

Hey guys! Just found this forum. Great idea!!

So far I've got interviews at 9 schools (hopefully they keep rollin' in) :D There seems to be some conflicts with dates though. I was hoping to make all of them, but I'm not sure if it's possible. I see some people are requesting to switch dates. Has anyone been successful?

Good luck to everyone!! :xf: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

It's pretty quiet today, seems like...
1.Has anyone here heard from Yale or Minnesota?
2.Which airport is the closest to NYU? Is airport in Newark ok in terms of travel time to NYU?
3. Speaking of rejection letter, I've got one from UNC already. So, I'm assuming interviews went out already but no one has posted yet.

hey guys, great thread! thanks to huggies et al. for compiling all the dates, it's been invaluable in planning my real vs my imaginary interview trips. november's becoming expensive enough as it is!

now i know interviews haven't been offered yet for denver and chicago children's hospitals, but i do know what the dates are (i do not want to reveal/incriminate my sources).

for denver, they will have a sunday evening dinner with a monday interview. the dates are 11/15-16 and 12/6-7.

for chicago, they will have a thursday evening dinner with a friday interview. the tentative dates are 11/19-20, 12/3-4, and maaaaybe 12/10-11.

for denver i am 99.9% sure, for chicago about 75%, so take those as you will, hope this helps.

best of luck to all of us!

hi all, thanx for the great effort!I am going for UMDNJ interview 2 nov, just wanted to ask few questions,
1. How is this program? Any comments? they just change program director
2. Is it true that NJ is not very safe at night? I am from singapore and will be travelling alone... will need to stay there the night before.

Thank you

Hi All,

I'm having a lot of conflicts with the 6-7 of December. If anyone would like to trade me their Cincinnati Nov 15-16 date or their Pittsburgh Nov 15-16 date I'd greatly appreciate it and would compensate you. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks!

Hi All,

I'm having a lot of conflicts with the 6-7 of December. If anyone would like to trade me their Cincinnati Nov 15-16 date or their Pittsburgh Nov 15-16 date I'd greatly appreciate it and would compensate you. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks!

I hear you brother! I wish I knew the answer too. Let me know if you find anything out.

hey guys, great thread! thanks to huggies et al. for compiling all the dates, it's been invaluable in planning my real vs my imaginary interview trips. november's becoming expensive enough as it is!

now i know interviews haven't been offered yet for denver and chicago children's hospitals, but i do know what the dates are (i do not want to reveal/incriminate my sources).

for denver, they will have a sunday evening dinner with a monday interview. the dates are 11/15-16 and 12/6-7.

for chicago, they will have a thursday evening dinner with a friday interview. the tentative dates are 11/19-20, 12/3-4, and maaaaybe 12/10-11.

for denver i am 99.9% sure, for chicago about 75%, so take those as you will, hope this helps.

best of luck to all of us!

Do you know when Denver will give out it's interviews? I'm tired of waiting and the longer we wait, the more conflicts with schedules arise!? It looks like I'm not the only one feeling this way.

Do you know when Denver will give out it's interviews? I'm tired of waiting and the longer we wait, the more conflicts with schedules arise!? It looks like I'm not the only one feeling this way.

yes, i'm anxiously awaiting to hear from colorado. i'm also curious if you have any info on when they will send invites out! :)

I'm tired of waiting and the longer we wait, the more conflicts with schedules arise!?
But as that saying goes... one man's (woman's) loss is another man's (woman's) gain. :laugh:

I am from Venezuela...I also am a pediatric dentist, I finished this program at 2005..Now in USA, waiting interviews letters, but nothing yet. I applied to NOVA, FLORIDA, SAN ANTONIO and houston. Im crosiing my fingers to get something from houston, because Im living there....Good luck to you tooo....My email is [email protected]

phone 832 2923412

Our programs will always be for AMERICANS!!...Our programs will not be subsidized by out of country DENTIST!!

hi all, thanx for the great effort!I am going for UMDNJ interview 2 nov, just wanted to ask few questions,
1. How is this program? Any comments? they just change program director
2. Is it true that NJ is not very safe at night? I am from singapore and will be travelling alone... will need to stay there the night before.

Thank you

Newark is the ghetto..and the crime rate is very high there and seeking admission into the United States through a deprived school like UMDNJ may work for Dentist in other countries, but remember THIS, OUR PROGRAMS IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE SUBSIDIZED FOR OUT-OF-COUNTRY DENTIST!!!

Our programs will always be for AMERICANS!!...Our programs will not be subsidized by out of country DENTIST!!

Are you having a hard time getting into a program and feel that the foreigners are to blame?? If I'm correct, as I suspect I am, I would focus all that ENERGY on improving your application....let's see some LOVE:laugh:

University of Illinois @ Chicago
offered by email 10/15
date offered 11/2

I also just got the invite to University of Illinois at Chicago but my interview date is Nov. 4 with dinner the night before. Also notified by email.

I also just got the invite to University of Illinois at Chicago but my interview date is Nov. 4 with dinner the night before. Also notified by email.

hey jmac, since you're attending NOVA, any inside info as to when they're offering interviews there?

Newark is the ghetto..and the crime rate is very high there and seeking admission into the United States through a deprived school like UMDNJ may work for Dentist in other countries, but remember THIS, OUR PROGRAMS IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE SUBSIDIZED FOR OUT-OF-COUNTRY DENTIST!!!

I agree with Huggies and N2010. Comments like this are very inappropriate. Maybe you do not know that the director of one very big/popular program is a foreign trained dentist???? Hmmm - willing to come to the US - be trained again and is now running a program. Foreign trained dentists need to show financially that they can support their education. Be smart enuf to not open your fat mouth at that interview - if you even get one there.

To all of you - I wish the best of luck!

Thanks to huggies and goin back :)
but is UMDNJ really "deprived" ??

I don't know anything about UMDNJ and the neighborhood it is in. I do know that the dental school that I went to was in a bad neighborhood and that many of the others that I interviewd at many years ago were in bad neighborhoods - but... most of them have hotels realtively close that are in better neighborhoods. just check the place out - e-mail or call the hotles that you think you may want to stay in - they should be honest with you - or communicate with the program coordinator about places to stay and transportation btwn the hotel and the school.
do you have interviews anywhere else?

I don't know anything about UMDNJ and the neighborhood it is in. I do know that the dental school that I went to was in a bad neighborhood and that many of the others that I interviewd at many years ago were in bad neighborhoods - but... most of them have hotels realtively close that are in better neighborhoods. just check the place out - e-mail or call the hotles that you think you may want to stay in - they should be honest with you - or communicate with the program coordinator about places to stay and transportation btwn the hotel and the school.
do you have interviews anywhere else?
thank you for the information :) i am still waiting from UW, Michigan and alabama, don't know if they've already sent out invitation.

*sigh* I already have so many conflicts that cannot be fixed... but I guess that is the way it goes... Maybe some programs will open more dates? Is that being too optimistic?

but......!!!
Earlier this afternoon- UCSF, by e-mail
Dates: 11/12 or 11/13, with a social the night before.

Possibly my happiest moment this year :)

Last edited:
Tennessee Dates: 10/30 and 11/20 with dinner the night before :)

Program: Rochester
Date invited: 8/24
Dates offered: Mon Oct 26 through Dec 7

Program: Buffalo
Date invited: 9/08
Dates offered: 8 dates

Program: Cincinnati
Date invited: 9/16
Dates offered: Nov 15-16, Dec 6-7

Program: Milwaukee (Hospital?)
Date invited:9/15
Dates offered:

Program: Ohio State
Date invited: 9/21, 10/5, 10/9 e-mail, phone
Mode of invite : Snail mail
Dates offered: 11/1-2, 12/6-7

Program: Baylor
Date invited: 9/21
Dates offered: 12/3-4

Program: Lutheran (all sites)
Date invited: 9/24, 10/7 call, Providence

Program: San Antonio
Date invited: 9/ 24, 10/2, 10/13
Mode of invite: e-mail, call
Dates offered: 11/5, 6

Program: MCG (Medical College of Georgia)
Date invited: 9/23

Program: Toledo
Date invited: 9/28
Dates offered: Oct 22 and 23

Program: Univ of Connecticut
Date invited:10/2
Dates offered: Oct30, Nove20, Dec11

Program: Miami Children's Hospital

Program: NYUCD
Dates offered: 10/30, 11/2, 11/6

Program: Indiana
Dates offered:11/1-2, 11/12-13

Program:
University of Louisville
Date invited: 10/5
Dates offered: 10/22, 10/23

Program: University of Nebraska Med Center
Date invited: 10/6
Dates offered: Nov 6

Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Date invited: Oct 7 e-mail
Interview Dates: Oct 19, Nov 16, Dec 7

Program: University of Kentucky
Date invited: Email on 10/02
Interview date: Nov. 5-6

Program: University of Iowa
Date invited: by email 10/8, 10/9
Dates: Nov. 1-2 or Nov. 15-16

Program: U Texas Houston
Date invited: 10/07 By phone

Program: Medical University of South Carolina
Date invited: phone 10/8
Interview offered: Dec 7/8 or Nov 16/17

Program: Univ of Temple
Date invited: snail mail 10/8
Dates offered: Call for dates, 11/16 & 23

Program: Case Western
Date invited: e-mail 10/8
Dates offered: Oct. 19th, Nov. 2nd, 16th, and 23rd.

Program: Nebraska
Date invited: 10/8
Dates offered: ????

Program: Univ of Pennsylvania
Date invited: 10/9 e-mail
Dates offered: 11/6

Program: UMDNJ
Date invited: email 10/9
Dates offered: 11/2, 3, 9, 10

Program: Tufts University
Dates offered: 11/2

Program: University of Pittsburgh
Dates offered: 11/6 or 11/20

Program: Bronx Lebanon
Date invited: Phone call Oct 8th
Dates offered - Nov 9, 11, 16, Dec 7 and 9

Program: Tennessee
Date invited: Phone 10/9
Dates offered: 10/30, 11/20

Program: Louisiana State University
Date invited: email on 10/5
Date offered: 10/20-10/21

Program: VCU
Date invited: phone
Dates offered: 11/19, 20

Program: University of Florida
Date invited: 10/13/09 (email)

Program: DC children's
Date invited: 10/13 by email
Interview dates:11/23, 12/7

Program: UCSF,
Date invited: 10/15 by e-mail
Interview dates: 11/12 or 11/13

Program: Colorado
Date invited: by Phone on 10/15
Dates offered: Nov 15-16 and Dec 6-7

Program: University of Illinois @ Chicago
Date invited: 10/15
by email
Date offered: 11/2

Program: Boston University
Mode of invite: email

Last edited:
One more,
Program: Boston University
Mode of invite: email

Michigan already gave out interview invite end of last week by phone for 11/2-3 or 11/16-17

hi guys...

today got a rejection letter from U conn... snail mail....so depressed...

Anybody willing to trade November 16 and 17 interview to Michigan for November 2nd and 3rd? Need to know today. Will compensate! Thanks

I just heard from the University of Siberia -- Deep Freeze Dental Institute.

Mode of transport: Dogsled

If you make it to the interview alive you get a spot. Last years applicants (survivors) only lost a couple of fingers and toes to frostbite.

I just heard from the University of Siberia -- Deep Freeze Dental Institute.

Mode of transport: Dogsled

If you make it to the interview alive you get a spot. Last years applicants (survivors) only lost a couple of fingers and toes to frostbite.

you really cracked me up, thanks for that, good way to start a morning. :laugh::laugh: On a serious note, I'm going too, want to share an igloo.

i just wanted to let you know on the ohio state dates that the one offered to me were 11/1-2.

also, is anyone willing to trade illinois @ chicago dates with me? i have the 11/2 date, but i have ohio on that date. can anyone trade??? please!

USC just sent email for 11/5,11/12,11/19,12/3,12/10

hi guys...

today got a rejection letter from U conn... snail mail....so depressed...

Don't get down on yourself. I got one from them too. It seems that U conn is giving most of their interviews to students and not graduates, I'm in private practice and it says that you're a resident. I know of about 6 students with interviews that have so/so board scores. So much for experience helping your app. I don't know what they are looking for. Stay hopeful!