Pedo 2010!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody heard from Nova? The deadline was Sept 1, and how far in advance do they usually offer interviews? I guess nobody knows, just anxious!
Thks-

Members don't see this ad.

So the waiting continues...:rolleyes:

Has anyone applied to NYUCD? They asked me for a photo and Notorized copy of dental diploma (???):confused:, nobody has requested that before, will an official copy of my transcript do? Also on PASS, they ask for electronic form of the photo, but I can't find any links for it...I've been trying to get a hold of somebody at the school, but no luck...can someone please help.
Thanks

Last Year it was Buffalo that started the interview ball rolling had their first dates in Septembner if I recall. and they interview almost everyone (60 or so) and then it picks up early October, most programs wait to invite for interviews until October some even wait as long as mid-late November to extend interviews (some of the New York programs did that last year.) I applied last year and didn't MATCH, interviewed at a lot as well. Now I am doing a GPR where I get alot of experience working with kids (everything from tell show do to GA cases to interceptive ortho.) Best of Luck to everyone and I'm sure I will get to know half of you here durring the interview process (last year I kept seeing alot of the same people everywhere)

Members don't see this ad :)
Some of the NY programs want people that have graduated and completed GPR's. I'm not sure but it may be one of them

Last Year it was Buffalo that started the interview ball rolling had their first dates in Septembner if I recall. and they interview almost everyone (60 or so) and then it picks up early October, most programs wait to invite for interviews until October some even wait as long as mid-late November to extend interviews (some of the New York programs did that last year.) I applied last year and didn't MATCH, interviewed at a lot as well. Now I am doing a GPR where I get alot of experience working with kids (everything from tell show do to GA cases to interceptive ortho.) Best of Luck to everyone and I'm sure I will get to know half of you here durring the interview process (last year I kept seeing alot of the same people everywhere)

GottaBme, do you mind if I ask, you said you went on a lot of interviews last year, did you rank all the places you went for an interview or just a few? :)

ranked almost all of them, never thought I wouldn't match anywhere. Spoke with a few programs after the match for reccomendations for this year and hey said i was a great applicant, and they had me ranked high on their list but they got their top people. You never know.

I too have a question, if you don't mind. How many interviews did you go on? I was told (all hearsay and no real evidence) that if you have about 7 interviews in pedo, you are almost guaranteed a spot somewhere. What are your thoughts on that. Anybody?

I interviewed at more than 7 and I know 2 other people from last year that interviewed at 7+ and did not match either

Wow, 7+ interviews and no match, craziest story I've ever heard.

I received 2 interview invites this week. On Tuesday I got an email from Milwaukee and Wednesday I got a letter from Cincinnati.

Can't wait. I only applied to 3 other programs. Hopefully I will be hearing from them soon too!!

Cinci for me as well. From what I know, this is a pretty darn good program! Now I just need to know when all others are interviewing so I can get my calender figured out. Cinci dates are Nov. 15-16 or Dec 6-7.

OMG, that's great Gone fishing, congrats to you and Eliminator.

Everybody, please post as soon as you hear from a school, so the rest of us know what is going on. BTW I hate waiting for letters, being in Canada, my mail always arrives 3 days later, never know if it's just late or if I'm waiting for a rejection...or nothing at all.

Program: Rochester
Date invited: 8/24
Mode of invite: Phone
Dates offered: Mon Oct 26 through Dec 7

Program: Buffalo
Date invited: 9/08
Mode of invite: Snail Mail
Dates offered: 8 dates

Program: Cincinnati
Date invited: 9/16
Dates offered: Nov 15-16, Dec 6-7

Program: Milwaukee (Hospital?)
Date invited:9/15
Mode of invite: e-mail
Dates offered: ?

Just out of curiosity, how much does your Part 1 score count for getting into Pedo. My grades are really good but my part 1 score was low 80s. Im pretty involved with Pedo activities and research but just curious about my board score for getting in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I too have a question, if you don't mind. How many interviews did you go on? I was told (all hearsay and no real evidence) that if you have about 7 interviews in pedo, you are almost guaranteed a spot somewhere. What are your thoughts on that. Anybody?

This is true, from a statistical standpoint, if you look at previous match data. It isn't foolproof, but to interview at 7+ and not match would be rare.

It should be noted, however, that it also depends on the programs. Some programs interview large numbers (90+) for a relatively small number of spots (5 or less). 7 of those interviews is different than 7 interviews at programs that interview 20 for 2 spots.

Alright! I just got two more interviews. One at Ohio State and another at Baylor.

Good Luck everyone! I hope that some of you others that are getting interviews will start posting. My friend already has 5 but he won't post them on here. He thinks these chat rooms are a waste of time.

could u please tell how did baylor contact?
Via phone or email or snail mail!!!

First invite for me: at Cinci :D

Awesome Program!:xf:

For anyone that heard back from Buffalo....can you tell me how long from when you submitted your application until you heard anything???

Dates offered:

Program: Ohio State
Date invited: 9/21

Program: Baylor

For anyone that heard back from Buffalo....can you tell me how long from when you submitted your application until you heard anything???

I applied mid Aug, but based on their website you will get an interview or a rejection, and the program director continues to review applications. Good luck. :xf:

Hey everyone. I looked on last year's forum and both Ohio State and Baylor notfied applicants via the phone. Just wondering if anyone could confirm this. Thanks Huggies for keeping the list up to date. Good luck to everyone.

I applied to the Pedo program at Univ of Alabama.
Anyone else who did dat? ANd any idea how many seats dey have?

Hi
I was wondering if anyone applied and heard back from New Jersey or University of Illinois?

Thanks Huggies..i just got my application in so hopefully hear something. When is your date for the interview?
Thanks

Hello, I never wrote a post on this website before but I like to reading it constantly. I'm a non-traditional applicant from out of this country, divorced with a small son.

I receved two interviews invites so far. The first was from Baylor and the second was from UW. Well, Actually the one from Washington is not official yet. My connections there have informed me that I will get one there any day soon. :laugh:

So, I wish you all the very highest luck in your applications! Wish me luck in mine. :thumbup:

Congrats on your interviews. How did Baylor contact you?

Thanks!

Welcome Blwidow!

Congrats on your two interviews. UW is a great program. Sure would be nice to have an in there. This game can be more about who you know than what you know. Seems like the programs are offering interviews like crazy this week. Hope I get a few more! One program I talked to said that application numbers are up 35 %. Like it wasn't already hard enough to match.

Hey everyone..this is my first time using SDN ever...though i have heard really good things about this site...so please dont let me down...I am doing my GPR in Newyork and want to apply for pedo
I am a little late for the application now...so was thinking to get in Post match...
My stats are not very good
Part I: 80
Class Rank: Middle somewhere
GPA: 3.45
Currently doing GPR, with lots of peds experience...some research...ASDA Rep in dental school..Anesthesia internship during dental school for 14 months..

Any help with post match...how do you apply and if i should be ready with anything ahead of time...
Please help...
Thank you

relying on post match is probably not the best idea.

Post match spots are usually given to applicants that have already interviewed and didn't match or to those who are already present in that institution's other programs (GPR/AEGD).

I don't think there are very many post-match positions even available. UNLV usually has 4-6. This year there will be 3 post match positions at UNLV.

I'm pretty sure there are not many programs that go unmatched nowadays.

Anyone get any interviews today?

relying on post match is probably not the best idea.

Post match spots are usually given to applicants that have already interviewed and didn't match or to those who are already present in that institution's other programs (GPR/AEGD).

------
so what do you think i should do???? Its too late to apply for next year anyways....

Horray! I got an email to call for an interview at San Antonio. Anyone else? Does anyone know much about this program? How many spots does it gives?

I got one too!! That is my final interview. (Thank goodness) There are 7 spots each year. It is a bigger program with a pretty sorry stipend. Probably my last choice. My friend from Case is there right now and said that this year they are really going to pay attention to class rank. Whatever that means???

Lator gators! Gotta go get my tickets now!

I was just wondering when did you both apply to ut sanantonio? And did you send any additional documents from your side. I was confused because I am a foreign trained dentist and I applied to the pediatric residency certificate program at sanantonio. I called them and they said they dont need any additional documents from us but how will they know my part 1 score then????????? If any one of you is not from a ADA accrediated school will you please answer my question.
Thanks

Got interview to Lutheran. Anyone know much about this program? Thanks!

Does Lutheran accept internationally trained dentists? And do we need nbde scores for that?

Congrats PedoIsFun! Can I ask how if you were contacted by mail/email/phone? Thanks!

I got an interview at Lutheran and they contacted me by phone and just gave me my date and time.

Congrats on the interviews with Luthern. (TMV and PedoIsFun) One quick question if you don't mind. Are these interviews for the Brooklyn center only or for the satelite programs in RI and AK? I applied to Luthern RI and Luthern AK, but not to Brooklyn. Just curious if these are the same offers. Your response would be great.

Did anyone apply to National Children Hospital in DC area? I heard it's really tough to get in. ANy experiences or ANy interview offers from there?? Thanks

Congrats on the interviews with Luthern. (TMV and PedoIsFun) One quick question if you don't mind. Are these interviews for the Brooklyn center only or for the satelite programs in RI and AK? I applied to Luthern RI and Luthern AK, but not to Brooklyn. Just curious if these are the same offers. Your response would be great.

I am not positive, but I think the interviews in Brooklyn are held for all three sites because that is the "main" site. I applied for two of the three and I've just received one call.

When they called me to give me my interview date I asked them if this was also for their other locations as well. They told me yes.

:hello: Hello all,
I just discovered this thread and think it's great! I've applied to about 19 programs. I've gotten a few emails from programs requesting supplemental materials that weren't listed on their site or the AAPD website, most wanting money:annoyed: I Sent in my application in early Sept. so still waiting on interview requests, hopefully they'll be coming in the next couple of weeks. Good Luck to everyone!!PEDO ROCKS!

Dates offered:

Program: Ohio State

Program: Baylor

Program: Lutheran (all sites)
Date invited: 9/24
Dates offered: ???

Program: San Antonio
Date invited: 9/ 24
Dates offered:

I think UNC's offered a few interviews, but I'm not sure of how many or when they occur.

If you could find out more info that would be great... I won't post it yet though.

Hi i am new to the forum .Did anyone hear from schools in new york or Washington Dc or temple.
I haven't got a single interview yet and I am beginning to get worried.:confused:
I called in a few progs and everyone replied" we haven't started reviewing the applications yet, but some of the same progs have sent out interview invites???
Please share your experience.....

I spent the morning calling programs making sure my application is complete. While on the phone with University of Toldeo, they invited me for an interview. It isn't official yet because they haven't sent out the emails or letters, but they have a "list" of invitees! Glad I'm on the list!

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I received an interview from MCG last week, 9/23/09, via email. I was wondering if anyone has heard from MUSC. I received an email conformation from them that my application was complete, but they did not request a photo. Has anyone been contacted by them for additional info, photos, or interivews?
thanks

I spent the morning calling programs making sure my application is complete. While on the phone with University of Toldeo, they invited me for an interview. It isn't official yet because they haven't sent out the emails or letters, but they have a "list" of invitees! Glad I'm on the list!

Toledo is going to interview on the 22nd and 23rd of October :D