PCOM Biomedical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
whew finally got an email today. I started to get worried something got lost

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, guys! Can we be a little more specific when posts say "I got accepted!" Can you specify whether it is GA-PCOM or Philly-PCOM? I'm still waiting to hear from Philly! :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I didn't hear from the Philly campus yet, but I did get accepted to the GA campus.

I called the guy who is in charge of the BMS program at Philly-PCOM and he said acceptance letters can come as late as June. I've been waiting to hear ever since I was put on delay for a decision in the beginning of January. My heart skips a beat every time I go out to get the mail these days :eek: lol

So is the Philly Campus supposed to be better? I would think Suwanee, GA would be cheaper and have better weather.

I don't think there is a "better" one between Philly or Georgia. The weather in GA is definitely nicer than Philly's weather, haha. I just chose Philly because I grew up right outside of Philadelphia and I would like to return there as well as permanently practice there in the future. They're both the same amazing school I would say :D

Oh ok.. sounds good! Good luck to you and everyone still waiting on Philly. Hopefully we hear from them soon.

got my bnder today with all the information. The anticipation and anxiety has been relieved a bit since i can finally get some stuff into motion

ive noticed most people here are saying theyve been waitlisted. Is there anyone on here that got accepted and is going to attend the georgia campus?

I received my binder yesterday as well. As of now, I'm attending PCOM-GA.. unless I get accepted into Nova's BioMed program.

congrats to everyone accepted! Can't wait to meet everyone in August! Hope to see some of you at the Open House at GA-PCOM April 15. :D

Hi everyone, I have been reading the posts on this thread recently, congrats to all that have been accepted to either the GA or Philly-PCOM Biomedical Sciences Program so far. I have already submitted my application for Philly-PCOM BioMed Sciences Program, and my application has been complete as of late March. I have not received a response so far, not even a hold or waitlist. Was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?

Thanks & good luck!!! :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been following this thread throughout my application process to the philly biomed program and got accepted 2 weeks ago.

If you haven't heard from them dont hesitate to call and ask about your application. The admissions office has been very nice and very helpful throughout the entire process.

CONGRATS! :thumbup: I'm a little envious :p I just called there to see how things were going and I was given a pretty general answer. Hmmm. Been waiting since January... aahhh.

I've been following this thread throughout my application process to the philly biomed program and got accepted 2 weeks ago.

If you haven't heard from them dont hesitate to call and ask about your application. The admissions office has been very nice and very helpful throughout the entire process.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I have been reading the posts on this thread recently, congrats to all that have been accepted to either the GA or Philly-PCOM Biomedical Sciences Program so far. I have already submitted my application for Philly-PCOM BioMed Sciences Program, and my application has been complete as of late March. I have not received a response so far, not even a hold or waitlist. Was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?

Thanks & good luck!!! :xf:

Yea im in the same boat (GA-PCOM biomed). Ive had my app in since 3/28. Admissions said that they were all away at a conference over the past 2 weeks. I looked at the online status today and they had updated a few things on my app. YAY!! Im really hoping to hear from them soon, bc im about to go CUH-RAZY!! LOL.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!:luck:

Anyone know when PCOM will be reviewing new applications or how many spots are left? My MCAT score comes out next week and that's all I need to email and be complete.

I got into the Philly program, and accepted my seat last week. They were actually fairly quick with the turnaround, once my application was complete it took about 3 weeks for me to get a letter in the mail.

As far as the admissions office is concerned, they are really nice and helpful with any questions you may have, so don't be hesitant to call.

Good luck to everyone, and hope to see you in the fall!

Wow I applied to Ga-PCOM way back at the beginning of March. They had all my paperwork complete by mid March and today I called and they told me that my file won't even be reviewed for another 2 weeks. What a lengthy process!

Anyone know when PCOM will be reviewing new applications or how many spots are left? My MCAT score comes out next week and that's all I need to email and be complete.

Are you referring to the GA or PA PCOM program? I attended the Philly PCOM Open house a couple of weeks ago and they said that at that point, they had not yet reached 50% of their acceptances. I imagine at this point they've already accepted half of their total students for the program.

Good luck to everyone! Keep us posted :)

Wow I applied to Ga-PCOM way back at the beginning of March. They had all my paperwork complete by mid March and today I called and they told me that my file won't even be reviewed for another 2 weeks. What a lengthy process!

I spoke to Mrs. Rodman this morning and she said that if the app is complete that they will be reviewing them next week and we should hear something in a week or 2.
:luck:GOOD LUCK!!:luck:

strange that everyones file is taking so long to review. It didnt seem to take that long for me. Then maybe I am the weird case

I sent in my application yesterday. I know I'm applying late, but I talked to Trena beforehand who gave me the go-ahead. :)

i got in!!!!!! Thank you god!

Last edited:
Hello all! I just joined SDN because I recently found out I got into the Philly Biomed program at PCOM...I'm stoked. I got the letter in the mail - three letters, actually, because they were sent home and I did not get them since my dad was out of the country. Stupid me! :eek:

I missed the deadline and panicked but luckily the director let me send in the deposit late....So PCOM here I come! I'm really excited and I hope we'll chat in the future about housing and stuff!

I actually had a question, and hopefully I'm not putting this is the wrong place: I'm only waiting on an answer from Temple ACMS now...my dad thinks that if they accept me, I should go there because of the whole keep-a-3.5-and-be-admitted-immediately linkage. I like the DO philosophy better but having a guaranteed acceptance...that's tempting, too. Any thoughts? (Again, sorry if this is the wrong place for this!)

Congrats to those already accepted and good luck to those who are still waiting!

has anyone looked at any apartments yet? Are there any places recommended? Ive looked on PCOMs site and I see that they have a few places listed, Ill be heading up in eventually to check out places and just want to get a list of good places

Are you talking about the GA campus?

I live in san antonio, tx, but will be taking a trip in june to find an apartment. If you contact promove, they will locate a few apartments that fit within your budget and such *FOR FREE*:thumbup:. So that way you have an idea of what is in the area. You just have to put their name down when you take a tour.

I was looking at apartmentguide.com for potential places. I don't know about living in Suwanee.. maybe 10 miles south. All I need to survive is a nearby gym and a Publix :laugh:. I booked my ticket to go apartment hunting june 7

Has the Philly campus started accepting students yet? I am having trouble differentiating whether people are talking about the GA campus and/or the Philly campus. I applied only to the Philly campus and I was just wondering where they were, numbers wise. My file was complete a week ago so I am hoping to hear back within the next two weeks.

Sorry for the confusion.

I was looking at apartmentguide.com for potential places. I don't know about living in Suwanee.. maybe 10 miles south. All I need to survive is a nearby gym and a Publix :laugh:. I booked my ticket to go apartment hunting june 7

I remember reading that, as a student at the GA-PCOM, you will have access to their gym on-campus. Not sure if that was helpful or not.

hey everyone - i've been accepted to the PCOM philly campus as well as LECOM's program. i'm tied up between the two, and was wondering if anyone has suggestions:

LECOM:
LECOM has a guaranteed acceptance with a min. 23 MCAT and 3.0 GPA while in the program, but from reading their forum it seems like the 3.0 in the program is pretty rough and if you don't make the cut, a 3.0 isn't going to help for a post bacc GPA.

PCOM:
It seems like everything i've read about PCOM (GA and philly) in this forum is pretty positive. It also seems like the program has led many people to high GPA's. However, it sounds like alot of the people are off on their own after the 1st year because of the late interviews.

Please give me your input/thoughts regarding these programs or if anyone knows acceptance rates from this program into other med schools. thanks.

Last edited:
Has the Philly campus started accepting students yet? I am having trouble differentiating whether people are talking about the GA campus and/or the Philly campus. I applied only to the Philly campus and I was just wondering where they were, numbers wise. My file was complete a week ago so I am hoping to hear back within the next two weeks.

Sorry for the confusion.

Hey! The Philly campus accepted me, so yes, they've started. I need to call them today, so I can ask, but I have no idea how many have been accepted so far.

Hey! The Philly campus accepted me, so yes, they've started. I need to call them today, so I can ask, but I have no idea how many have been accepted so far.

Thanks man! I just called them today and they have all my materials and that I should hear from them shortly.

If you dont mind me asking, how long ago did you apply and when did you hear back from them?

Thanks again

If you dont mind me asking, how long ago did you apply and when did you hear back from them?

Thanks again

Not at all...I was a freak, to be perfectly honest, and I filled it out AGES ago whenever the application became available. The rest of my stuff trickled in...I ordered my transcripts for all the programs I applied to in December and sent in my letters right around Christmas. However, and this I do NOT understand, up until March, they claimed not to have one of my letters, and I spent a MONTH trying to get ahold of the teacher who wrote it, just so he could print me out a second copy. In the meantime, they had sent an acceptance letter by the last week of March or so - right when I called and they said it was incomplete because of that letter! So I don't know how long it actually took them, but that's when I got my letter. And then I could breathe easy. :D

Not at all...I was a freak, to be perfectly honest, and I filled it out AGES ago whenever the application became available. The rest of my stuff trickled in...I ordered my transcripts for all the programs I applied to in December and sent in my letters right around Christmas. However, and this I do NOT understand, up until March, they claimed not to have one of my letters, and I spent a MONTH trying to get ahold of the teacher who wrote it, just so he could print me out a second copy. In the meantime, they had sent an acceptance letter by the last week of March or so - right when I called and they said it was incomplete because of that letter! So I don't know how long it actually took them, but that's when I got my letter. And then I could breathe easy. :D

Wow! lol Well you received an acceptance letter and thats all that matters.

I got a letter from PCOM saying how they were going to delay a decision on my admission to the program. I'm assuming this means I'm waitlisted.. Anyone else receive a letter like this?

Lol yeah, been waiting since January. Hope we hear from them soon! Aahh. Good luck :)

I got a letter from PCOM saying how they were going to delay a decision on my admission to the program. I'm assuming this means I'm waitlisted.. Anyone else receive a letter like this?

Just submitted my deposit for the Philly campus. Would anyone be interested in a facebook page for the upcoming class?

I made a group for the philly program, here's the link:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_127435567334748&ap=1

if that doesn't work, try and type in "PA-PCOM Biomeds 2011-2012" in the search box

I figured it would be best to separate the two different campuses - so this group is for philly, and the GA class can start their own as well. Also, I guess facebook is changing the format of the group pages, so it doesn't look like a typical group.

Hey guys,
New to sdn...I applied to this program last month and I sent in a personal statement and have 3 more LORs being sent. My questions are:
1) How diverse are previous classes?
2) What's the make up in terms of in state and out of state?
3) Why did they remove the orginal stats of the recent class on thier FAQ page?
4) In your opinion, what are they looking for in an applicant (in state, stats, motivations)?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Just received my acceptance to the Philly campus today!!! I'll see you all there.

Last edited:
Accepted! Does it actually take 2 months to get the binder after we send in the money?