PCOM Biomedical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are there any GA-PCOM MBS former students or current students who can weigh in on the experience at the GA campus unbiased? Feel free to PM me!

I have read through this thread as well as several others and jslo85? poster is the ONLY person I see speaking about the GA-PCOM program mostly and its a pretty biased opinion in favor of PA-PCOM in my opinion.

For people like me, who isn't "stuck" on a particular school or do not favor a particular school--I will be applying broadly to both MD and DO programs after I finish the first year of the masters---would applying/going to GA-PCOM still be beneficial?

I have been accepted into Mississippi College Medical Science program, it may be less known, but the plus is that some medical faculty teach some courses and you can take shelf exam for some courses. I was rejected at William Carey MBS program where you actually take medical courses with the medical students but I still have contact with one of the students there as well as dean of admissions. I would prefer GA-MBS program for location wise and I could possibly stay with family instead of racking up more loans paying rent but if the program is not well received then I rather go to Mississippi College.

Also, how are you all finding out the seat deposit amount? My seat deposit for MC is 250.00 but I have read that GA-PCOM/PA-PCOM is 500.00?

Members don't see this ad.

Supposedly pcom-ga faculty for biomedical is the do faculty. Its the same.

Hey guys! I was accepted to the GA-PCOM biomed program about a month ago and was holding out to decide if I wanted to go---sent my stuff in today and now I am looking for a roommate---any girls that are also looking feel free to message me :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just finished my application and I know I'm late but u guys think I can get in for the fall???? I applied to the GA campus...

They sent an email out just last week encouraging everyone to apply to the biomed program, so I'm pretty sure it's not too late.

Does it look bad to have applied to both campuses? Or does that not really matter? Also, did anyone apply using GRE scores?

I applied to both campuses using my GRE scores -got waitlisted at philly but got into GA.

I just finished my application and I know I'm late but u guys think I can get in for the fall???? I applied to the GA campus...
I unfortunately had to relinquish my spot due to finances...but I highly encourage you to apply. They just had a meet and greet the 16th and the staff that I have spoke with so far are so sincere and phenomenal and look to help you..so go on and apply but be mindful the deadline is July 1.

Also, someone mentioned about GRE scores, I sent my GRE scores in instead of MCAT because it was higher and because I will be re-taking the MCAT anyway

I wish you all good luck and know if you're attending the GA program, the staff is very friendly and personable! I wish you all much success!

I applied to both campuses using my GRE scores -got waitlisted at philly but got into GA.
Did you ever hear back from the Philly campus after you were wait listed? Or did you tell them not to hold your spot? I know this was 2 years ago haha…but I was just wait listed at Philly and am wondering if I will hear back from them

Hi I just finished my first year of the biomed program at the Philly campus, so if anyone has questions about the program feel free to ask!

How did you study for the classes? Is it very powerpoint based, do you have to pay extra attention to what they say in lecture, and is it manageable enough where i could study for my MCATS at the same time. Thank you in advance for any advice you offer, I truly do appreciate it =]

How did you study for the classes? Is it very powerpoint based, do you have to pay extra attention to what they say in lecture, and is it manageable enough where i could study for my MCATS at the same time. Thank you in advance for any advice you offer, I truly do appreciate it =]
I know this post is old but did you end up going to the PCOM-GEORGIA MS Biomedical Science program? I just got accepted and I have alot of questions to ask. I also was accepted into William Carey Masters of Science in Biomedical Science program as well it is a one year program but seems to be lesser known. I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of both.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile

Hi I just finished my first year of the biomed program at the Philly campus, so if anyone has questions about the program feel free to ask!

hey can you talk aabout your success and experience in the program?! did you end up marticulating in their DO program

Hey guys, I got into Philly PCOM and GA PCOM for the Biomed programs!!! I just found out about Philly a few days ago but it looks like i'm going to turn it down because GA PCOM seems like an ideal fit for me and its closer to home and i'm familiar with the city already!!!

I am also waitlisted at UNTCOM medical masters program but I'm not sure if i would go there even if i get accepted off the waitlist even though I am from texas!! It just seems like PCOM biomed program is pretty well known and if you do really well, I think you have a great shot of getting into their DO school!!

Anyone presently in the biomed program know how many people got accepted into medical schools this year while in the program??

Hi meddy15,

I was hoping if you can shed some light on if you actually attended the Ga-PCOM biomedical program and what was your experience like with the first year class and also with getting interview/acceptance into the GA-PCOM DO program. I am currently in the dilemma of deciding if I should accept the biomedical science program and take the risk of paying 30K-50K just to get the certificate and still not get the interview or acceptance into DO program as I hear alot of negative review about the Ga campus so any review/advice would be appreciated.

Thank You