pcat scores for 8-21-10

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bkiskadd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So does anyone think we'll start to see the scores this weekend or do you think we'll have to wait til next weekend?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a similar score as you
Verbal 50
biology 84
Chemistry 88
Math 85
Reading 20 (!!!)
Comp 73

English is also my second language..not sure how to improve the verbal and reading sections on Oct test..

o wow yea we r kind of in that same range. it is very frustrating. i really don't want to retake but it looks like i am gonna have to. the only way we can improve is by reading more and taking more practice tests i guess

how long after the scores are posted online does it usually take to get the scores in the mail? I am in Canada by the way.........

I can't afford $20 :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, it's not terrible... just not what I expected. I was hoping to shoot for some bigger schools.

Verbal: 68
Biology: 84
Reading: 71
Quant: 70
Chemistry: 68
Comp: 76

That chem score hurt.

This was my first PCAT and my score is as below.
Biology: 98
Reading Comprehension: 45 (OMG...I am below average...)
Quantatative Ability: 98
Chemistry: 99
Composite: 98

Every score was in the range that I usually got in the Pearson practice test, except Reading, which I usually got about 85%!!!
Although composite is 98, the scores are obviously not balanced. So, I am wondering if I have to retake PCAT. Because I am international student and it takes a long time to absorb vocabulary, it is difficult to expect for me to get a better Verbal score next time. However, I believe RC score could be improved....
Since some shools accept only the latest PCAT score and the next PCAT is the last chance for some schools, I feel like I am considering a gamble...
Please give me some advice so that I can decide, guys...Please...

lol I never thought I would hear of a person asking if they should retake a 98 PCAT :laugh:

Your PCAT is stellar!

verbal ability -68
biology -76
Quantitaive-96
Reading comp. -29:(
Chem -68

Composite - 76

Do you guys think my reading comp. will hurt me in the admission process. I'm currently a sophmore and my gpa is 3.87.

Here's something else that may make you feel better. English is my FIRST language, and a scored a 35 on the Reading Comp.
Ok, that probably didn't make you feel any better, but just thought I'd throw it out there - you are definitely not alone.

lol i wish i would have gotten at least in the 40's but can't do much about it now. i have been in the states for 5 years and i thought i spoke and understood english well but apparently not lol. i just hope i can get an interview

3.5 cGPA
3.47 sGPA

70th %.

Great XC's

Does this get me an interview? I interview great and am very sociable but I'm just worried this might not get me to an interview.

What do ya think SDN network?

Members don't see this ad :)
if you're even slightly worried, you should just retake it...if i were you, i wouldn't take any risks since it's a lifetime career you're putting on the line

(you should definitely retake it if it's your first try and you made a 70....there's a good chance that you'll improve on your second try...but anything above a 70 is considered decent i think?)

It was my first time. I'll have a BA at the end of this year. And I've worked over 30 hours a week my whole college career on top of being an officer in my Pre-Health club. Plus good rec letters and I've got shadowing.

It was only one section that really brought me down which is why I'm contemplating taking it again or not or just explaining to them I had a bad test day.

Chemistry 430 85
Quantitative Ability 408 55
Reading Comprehension 393 35
Biology 414 71
Verbal 77
Composite 70

The dang reading killed me. I'm just wondering if my whole app will overshadow the one reading section.

UGH! Pearson makes me want to gag. Doesn't it strike anyone else as borderline thievery that they charge 20 dollars to generate a stupid pdf file with your scores in it when you already shelled out 150 for the test itself? And even worse, they make it so that you have to pay the 20 dollars. Otherwise, you run the risk of getting your scores after the 24th and missing the cancellation deadline for the October test! :bullcrap:

Composite 434 94
Chemistry 439 91
Quantitative Ability 434 88
Reading Comprehension 430 87
Biology 440 94
Verbal Ability 427 86

I did SO MUCH better than I was expecting!! I'm so happy!!!!! i'm not going to end up living on the streetssss yessssss :D

how long after the scores are posted online does it usually take to get the scores in the mail? I am in Canada by the way.........

I can't afford $20 :(

Last time it came the day after. I paid $20 at 11:00 PM one day, and it was in my mailbox at 3:00 PM the next.

Congrats on all of the awesome scores, and good luck to everyone who has to re-take!

This was my first PCAT and my score is as below.
Biology: 98
Reading Comprehension: 45 (OMG...I am below average...)
Quantatative Ability: 98
Chemistry: 99
Composite: 98

Every score was in the range that I usually got in the Pearson practice test, except Reading, which I usually got about 85%!!!
Although composite is 98, the scores are obviously not balanced. So, I am wondering if I have to retake PCAT. Because I am international student and it takes a long time to absorb vocabulary, it is difficult to expect for me to get a better Verbal score next time. However, I believe RC score could be improved....
Since some shools accept only the latest PCAT score and the next PCAT is the last chance for some schools, I feel like I am considering a gamble...
Please give me some advice so that I can decide, guys...Please...

If I were in your shoes, I'd contact the schools that you're interested in to see if they have any specific requirements regarding sub-sections. You really shouldn't have to retake the exam unless you're interested in schools that require a set standard in each section of the PCAT.

Good luck!

Well, it's not terrible... just not what I expected. I was hoping to shoot for some bigger schools.

Biology: 84
Reading: 71
Quant: 70
Chemistry: 68
Comp: 76

That chem score hurt.

Should I retake this beast?

Should I retake this beast?
pow,

you did very decent in all of the areas. Unless you feel you can make great strides in all of them I'd stick with your current score...as long as your grades are up to snuff too. 76 is not a bad composite score

UGH! Pearson makes me want to gag. Doesn't it strike anyone else as borderline thievery that they charge 20 dollars to generate a stupid pdf file with your scores in it when you already shelled out 150 for the test itself? And even worse, they make it so that you have to pay the 20 dollars. Otherwise, you run the risk of getting your scores after the 24th and missing the cancellation deadline for the October test! :bullcrap:

:thumbup: and $20 for each additional transcript, and $80 for the practice tests.... I told myself I wasn't going to give Pearson another $20, but when I saw that the scores were up, I gave in. They have such a scam going.

My 2nd time taking...I'm happy with my improvement, but I'm still going to retake in Oct to raise my quant/science sections.

VA 92 (82)
Bio 56 (45)
RC 71 (69)
QA 55 (48)
Chem 64 (48)
Comp 74 (62)

3.5/3.5

Good luck to everyone!

pow,

you did very decent in all of the areas. Unless you feel you can make great strides in all of them I'd stick with your current score...as long as your grades are up to snuff too. 76 is not a bad composite score

I feel like I did well in my biology and quant sections, but on the practice tests I was blowing reading comp and verbal out of the water with around 5-6 wrong in each. Something happened here. And my chem was disappointing. How competitive is a 76? I'm looking at WVU Wisconsin UIC and Iowa with a cGPA of 3.57.

Thanks for the help!

Has anyone gotten their scores in the mail yet? for some reason, I get mail twice a day here in Pittsburgh. It didn't come with our early delivery, I'm hoping when I get home at 4pm it'll be waiting for me :D

hi everyone,
PCAT score is already up on website. But I am so scared to buy it...If anyone is too curious about their score then spend 20 bucks and check score online.
Good luck everyone.
Here's the link: https://tpc-etesting.com/pcat/login.aspx

Have u been reading other pple's post b4 writting? u've seen their scores already, anyway thanks for the info

Ok so I caved and bought the damn scores. Studied vocab for about 2 weeks from a GRE book. Studied for the rest for about a week and a half from kaplan, barrons, khanacademy, and pearsons practice tests. Already bought the October test but I think I will cancel it.

Composite 87
Chemistry 81
Quantitative Ability 70
Reading Comprehension 87
Biology 80
Verbal Ability 92
Writing 3/3

I just graduated from Pitt with a B.S. in neuroscience. 3.95GPA overall. I will have been working full time as a pharmacy technician for over a year and a half by the time next fall rolls around.

How would these fair for admission to schools such as Pitt, U of Michigan, Maryland, Ohio State?

Last edited:
So the October Cancellation deadline is Sept 24. The website says reg. deadline time is 8:59 PM EST. Anybody happen to know what time the cancellation deadline time is on the 24th?

I was not expecting this...

My first time taking the PCAT:

Verbal: 86
Biology: 91
Reading Comp: 71 (Thought I did better but oh well...)
Quant: 85 (Thought i bombed this section)
Chemistry 95 (Ran out of time and was extremely frazzled during this section)
Writing 3/3
Composite 92 :)

I actually signed up for the october test the next day, because I thought I did absolutely horrible. I used Dr. Collins, Biology Examkrackers, Pearson practice tests, AP calculus book, and my general chemistry and biology textbooks. I studied a few hours almost everyday during the summer.

Gahhhh...what to do???

First time taker and graduated 3 years ago from college.

Verbal: 63
Reading: 76
Bio: 84
Quant: 55 (Ran out of time/guessed)
Chem: 85
Writing: 2/2

Composite: 77

I felt like I wrote 1 decent essay and 1 not so good one. I'm guessing the not so good one was the essay that was graded....

I've already signed up for the October exam and I'm deciding whether I should retake it or not.

I can probably raise that math grade...but not by much. Test is less than 4 weeks away but school/work is keeping me pretty busy at the moment.

Would you say it's better to take it once and score a 77....or twice and maybe hit an 80-85.

Hey guys I just checked my test score today.
I am not sure if I should retake it again.. I will give you all my scores and information hope you guys can evaluate for me.

My PCAT Score

Verbal 68%
Biology 94%
Reading 40%
Math 78%
Chemistry 81%
Composite 80%

My GPA is 4.0/4.0

I have graduated in B.S. Biology and I've been working as pharmacy technician for about more than 10 month.

English is my second language, but I still can't believe that I got 40% on read.. I thought it is easier than math.

Do you guys think I should retake the pcat test??

Have you not read any of the other posts in this thread???
I don't know how many times I have personally wrote that according to last year's timeline, they received theirs on a Wednesday approaching their 5th week.
It has also been stated multiple times that it could take the full 6 weeks, which is the time Pearson gives.

im new to sdn n i started a new thread for the august 2010 pcat score and someone had linked it to this thread...i know that pearson said it would take up to 6 weeks but last time when i took it for the first time...it only took 5 weeks to come back...n i know depending on where u r in the nation, u can get your score back a day or two faster...

im new to sdn n i started a new thread for the august 2010 pcat score and someone had linked it to this thread...i know that pearson said it would take up to 6 weeks but last time when i took it for the first time...it only took 5 weeks to come back...n i know depending on where u r in the nation, u can get your score back a day or two faster...

That makes sense then why you would ask.

I know they are online but I cant have afford to pay $20. I have spend my money on prep materials already and I still dont think I will do well on test. Does anyone have nay idea when they are mailed after they are put online. They were put online on Monday night

I'm confused about what I should do now that I know my score--I got an 80 composite. All of my scores are within the same range except for chemistry, which was a 43. I had only taken completed general chemistry at that point. I'll have taken Orgo 1 by the time the January test comes around, so I'm confident that I can boost my Chem score up significantly. Some of my schools won't accept January scores, so I don't even know if there's a point in taking it then.

Any suggestions? Do schools take into account what courses you've completed when you take the PCAT? Thanks!

I'm confused about what I should do now that I know my score--I got an 80 composite. All of my scores are within the same range except for chemistry, which was a 43. I had only taken completed general chemistry at that point. I'll have taken Orgo 1 by the time the January test comes around, so I'm confident that I can boost my Chem score up significantly. Some of my schools won't accept January scores, so I don't even know if there's a point in taking it then.

Any suggestions? Do schools take into account what courses you've completed when you take the PCAT? Thanks!

I would be thrilled with an 80. However, people on here with their 98 and 99's may tell you different.

I would be thrilled with an 80. However, people on here with their 98 and 99's may tell you different.

Ha thanks-- I'm actually happy with it considering that I started taking my pre-reqs at the beginning of this year. I just wish I was further into my Chemistry courses; that section was so low.

I was chosen to take the computer based PCAT Oct16th, but can manage to schedule an appointment on Pearson VUE. Is any body cancelling any time soon in Miami and West Palm area???? :confused:

I have a 3.5 GPA and got a 65% on aug pcat ( first time). Work as pharm tech, has done research(published) and a alot of vol and shadowing.

verbal 45%
RC 82%
Bio 76%
Chem 69%
math 30%:confused:

What are everyones thoughts.......

My gf paid $20 to see her scores too. Man, these testing companies extract money from all angles (early score viewing, practice tests, sending to additional schools). Same with pharmcas!

I called Pearson yesterday and spoke to a representative that said the letters where sent out from Maryland Monday morning.

Does anyone have nay idea when they are mailed after they are put online. They were put online on Monday night