pcat scores for 8-21-10

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bkiskadd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So does anyone think we'll start to see the scores this weekend or do you think we'll have to wait til next weekend?

Members don't see this ad.

So does anyone think we'll start to see the scores this weekend or do you think we'll have to wait til next weekend?

reading your post gives me a goosebumps. I think the earliest we can get is this weekend or by monday and the latest next week. OMG. I am confident that I did well but....you never know !

Doesn't it typically take exactly 6 weeks? 6th week is not until October 4th, unless they are now turning these scores around in 4 weeks...

Members don't see this ad :)
I predict we'll get our scores the Earliest on Saturday, Sept 27th.

Realistically, I would be expecting my scores starting on Monday Sept 29th.

I'm thinking we'll see them monday, oct. 6. I had to wait until the monday after the sixth saturday for the june pcat.

i hope so. im tired of waiting. i know i didnt do well so I'll be taking it again.

hope luck is on my side that i guessed questions correctly :).....good to you all..

Doesn't it typically take exactly 6 weeks? 6th week is not until October 4th, unless they are now turning these scores around in 4 weeks...

The June scores came after 5 weeks.

I live about 3 hours away from San Antonio, so I should receive my scores the day after they are mailed. Hopefully they mailed them yesterday or today.

Pcat is showing to have graded my test - it shows up in the transcript request page as graded and not pending scores.

:luck: to all!

I live about 3 hours away from San Antonio, so I should receive my scores the day after they are mailed. Hopefully they mailed them yesterday or today.

Pcat is showing to have graded my test - it shows up in the transcript request page as graded and not pending scores.

So I am not the only one to notice this! Mine has been scored as well, so it is just a matter of waiting for them to print the letters and mail them out. However, since PharmCAS has not received them, I doubt we'll get them until next Friday. Typically PharmCAS get them first.

I registered for the August PCAT really early and accidently had my PCAT scores sent to the schools I applied. I later went back and paid twenty dollars to have them sent to PharmCas. The notice said that it would take a little longer to send the transcript to PharmCas since this is treated as a transcript request instead of an original destination. I'm wondering how long my scores will take to reach PharmCas. Anybody with a similar situation, your input is appreciated!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So I am not the only one to notice this! Mine has been scored as well, so it is just a matter of waiting for them to print the letters and mail them out. However, since PharmCAS has not received them, I doubt we'll get them until next Friday. Typically PharmCAS get them first.

This is my 4th time to take the test and the first 3 times, I received my scores before PharmCAS was showing to have received the scores.

I think I said in my previous post that I will receive the scores the day after they are mailed. I live 3 hours from San Antonio, Texas.

Okay so I think that it is great that people have really high scores. But I also think that people who have composite scores that are i nthe 70's are good. Why are people embarrassed. If you are embarrased then don't post your scores. Geez people are weird.

have you gotten yours yet?

hey guys how do u change the pcat scores to pharmcas? i didnt send it to them so i need to fixx it im having ttrouble with it because they want me to sign again for the pcat... highly appriciate it if some1 let me know.

hey guys how do u change the pcat scores to pharmcas? i didnt send it to them so i need to fixx it im having ttrouble with it because they want me to sign again for the pcat... highly appriciate it if some1 let me know.

Log into the PCAT website, and select Transcript Request. Then select and add Pharmcas as the recipient, and voila.

Yeh but I don't need a transcript request..I just need 2 change it to phamcass?? Im so lost.

Did you already take the pcat? If so, you need to send a transcript request to pharmcas and pay the fee.

If you did not - call persson and explain your situation. maybe they can change it

does it really take the 6 weeks for the scores to be sent out? have ppl in the past gotten their scores sooner? approx how long does it take? I am contemplating retaking in OCT but 6 weeks from the 8-21-10 date is 1 day past the late register date for the OCT test. what should i do?

does it really take the 6 weeks for the scores to be sent out? have ppl in the past gotten their scores sooner? approx how long does it take? I am contemplating retaking in OCT but 6 weeks from the 8-21-10 date is 1 day past the late register date for the OCT test. what should i do?

YES it does take every bit of 6 weeks. But since it'll be cutting it so close I would just wait to see if you get them by friday, so that if you do recieve them you can review them and decide if you need to retake the test. Otherwise, if you don't recieve them you will just have to go by your own judgement of whether or not you did good enough on it to get a competitive score back. I know exactly the kind of pickle your in though, because I know with the school I want to go to, I have to take the October test and get a well enough score in order to apply for next fall. Hope this helps! GOOD LUCK!:thumbup:

In the past, the pattern I have seen is they usually come in the middle of the 5th week. So, I am guessing that we are looking at around the 22nd of September.
23 days..agonizing, I know!! :mad:
As far as re-taking in October, in order to secure a seat you may have to fork out the money and just forfeit it if you end up not needing to re-take. Personally, I would rather be safe than sorry.

It took everyone who took the June date the full 6 weeks to find out. It was posted the thursday of the sixth week online for those of us who were too impatient to wait the few extra days for it to come in the mail. However to see it online it costs ~$20.

The scores didn't arrive until the following Monday for me....so I was happy I paid the $20...it gave me a reason to celebrate that weekend :-]

I'm anxious to find out how I did on the August PCAT. I know similar opinions have been expressed in other threads, but hopefully this is another chance to vent.

It's almost like a significant portion of my future is hanging in the balance... I could end up doing incredibly well and could stand a real chance of being selected for Early Admission or I could do poorly and will have to 'roll the dice' in October again and hope that I get selected in normal admission for the same school.

Anyway, I keep having bad dreams about the results so somewhere around Sep 22 (someone said roughly around 5.5 weeks they come in) can't come soon enough. I will need a morale boost this semester as well, hopefully the results give me it...

I honestly haven't thought of the August PCAT ever since I left the test center on the 21st. If my results aren't up to my liking, I'll just try to late register for the October test. I'm more worried abhout finishing my pharmcas application.

I honestly haven't thought of the August PCAT ever since I left the test center on the 21st. If my results aren't up to my liking, I'll just try to late register for the October test. I'm more worried about finishing my pharmcas application.

I'm also working on my PharmCAS application. Never applied before (first time). From what I can see the biggest pain seems to be the letters of reference (for me anyway). I've been out of school since May 2008. Last year I told my 3 references to hold letters they had written for me (they said they would). I guess I'm just going to email them before I put them on my application. I want them to get an email from me with all of our previous correspondences before PharmCAS sends them their automated email, but hoping that they can just copy and paste what they already wrote for me. Easy I hope... is it?

Also I'm still working on my personal statement, but that just takes time, not necessarily hard, just want to get it right. Besides those 2 things, the rest of the application seems to be just busy work filling in biographical information, courses (i just have 1 school i attended so pretty simple) extra curricular and awards. I do wish i could write a little bit more about some research i did, but o well pharmcas limits 175 characters. I already chose the 4 schools I'm applying for. I took the August PCAT so still waiting for score.

Am right to think once my reference letters are in from my teachers and my essay is done then I just have to wait for PCAT score and since the rest is filled out i can e-submit once i get the score. I wanna wait till I get my august PCAT score before I esubmit in case I did terrible and need to retake or whatever the case may be.

After I e-submit it seems to be a waiting game for pharmcas to process all my **** and then they send it to schools. It seems after that it's just waiting to hear back from schools and if there's a supplemental application you do that and if not you just wait to see if you get an interview.

Am I thinking on the right track. Sorry if this is long, just writing what's on my mind. Missing anything or forgetting or should I be thinking about something else?

I've thought about the PCAT, esp. the stupid Math section, everyday since Aug 21. This is hard...twss.

I gambled 150 for the Oct test. So, I'm prepared for the worst. Pharmcas e-submit remains on hold. This is so hard. Damn you Math, and maybe Chemistry, and maybe the whole exam.

I've thought about the PCAT, esp. the stupid Math section, everyday since Aug 21. This is hard...twss.

I gambled 150 for the Oct test. So, I'm prepared for the worst. Pharmcas e-submit remains on hold. This is so hard. Damn you Math, and maybe Chemistry, and maybe the whole exam.

I'm in the same situation with the Oct test, I'll honestly be glad if I have to lose 150 if I do well on the August. It's very good to have a back up plan, though, since in my case the closest testing center is 4 hours away and I would hate to see how far I would have to go in the event that I'm not signed up for that one.

Why are you waiting to e-submit, though? Does anyone know what happens if you say you plan on taking it on a date and never do take it with PharmCAS? I take it nothing, but I'm not sure what the reasoning is so that may not be true.

Yeah I totally agree. Math sucked and just damn the whole thing. I wish I could just *know* though regardless. Like bad or good I just want the news now. btw i like your avatar.

Yeah I totally agree. Math sucked and just damn the whole thing. I wish I could just *know* though regardless. Like bad or good I just want the news now. btw i like your avatar.

Hahah thanks.

And I agree math was hard, but the thing that gets me somewhat hopeful is that I've seen scores posted here that have had like a 40-50% on a section and they still have a 90+% composite score. So you can never really know how well you did overall until you get your actual scores I suppose.

Oh man, if I get around 80-85% I'd be happy, but anything above a 90 would make me estatic.

I've thought about the PCAT, ...everyday since Aug 21. This is hard...twss.

Big time ditto.
The worst part for me, however, is that I am almost certain I wouldn't improve if I took the October PCAT. I am in the middle of a 17-credit semester while working part-time. Realistically, I would have no additional prep time for the October PCAT - in fact, I could very likely do worse since it will have been a longer time away from the material.
If I didn't do well on the August exam, the likelihood of matriculating somewhere in 2011 is slim.
THIS. SUCKS.
According to last year's exam takers, they got their online score reports on the Wednesday of the 5th week, which would mean today marks a 2 week countdown....

Big time ditto.
The worst part for me, however, is that I am almost certain I wouldn't improve if I took the October PCAT. I am in the middle of a 17-credit semester while working part-time. Realistically, I would have no additional prep time for the October PCAT \.

Is it possible for you to count down your work hours? Sometimes, you can't do it all - you have to prioritize and give up on some things. When the ultimate goal is acceptance to pharmacy school, it will be well worth it

PCAT Dates 2010–2011

Late Registration Deadline Saturday:

October 1, 2010 Saturday

REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS 8:59 PM ET

Maybe you can consider that.

By then, your scores for August would have come out also - which will probably determine if you really need to re-take or not. Just note that your testing center may be full so keep an eye out (esp during the cancellation deadlines) for your preferred test center.

My gf took it 8/21 and she got an email from a school at 2am saying they received her test scores. Not sure who's working that late/early but I guess it takes twice as long for the recipient to get their scores than it does PharmCAS? I remember it took 5-6 weeks to get scores when I took them. The weird thing is, is that PharmCAS hasn't posted that they received the scores. So who knows really.

sooo the school i applied might already have my scores even if pharmcas doesnt show a date that they recieved them??

It took everyone who took the June date the full 6 weeks to find out. It was posted the thursday of the sixth week online for those of us who were too impatient to wait the few extra days for it to come in the mail. However to see it online it costs ~$20.

The scores didn't arrive until the following Monday for me....so I was happy I paid the $20...it gave me a reason to celebrate that weekend :-]

how do you view it online???