pcat scores for 8-21-10

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bkiskadd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So does anyone think we'll start to see the scores this weekend or do you think we'll have to wait til next weekend?

Members don't see this ad.

how many days, hours, and seconds to wait to we will get our scores back? I registered for the exam in October but I might not have to take it.

it probably should come out around Sep 22nd, or 23rd according to last year's schedule for the Aug pcat....can't wait to receive my scores

Members don't see this ad :)
:sleep: how many more of these threads will pop up?

we're all tired of waiting.

get a hobby or something...

Ditto to this. Reposting the same threads is kinda useless.
Also, ditto to the two other posts about the dates:
Judging last year's August test-takers - they were able to view their personal score reports online in the middle of the 5th week, which would be this upcoming week - the 22nd if it is exactly the same.
But, like someone else said, it could take the full six weeks which would be October 2nd.
Let's hope it's the former :xf:

Ditto to this. Reposting the same threads is kinda useless.
Also, ditto to the two other posts about the dates:
Judging last year's August test-takers - they were able to view their personal score reports online in the middle of the 5th week, which would be this upcoming week - the 22nd if it is exactly the same.
But, like someone else said, it could take the full six weeks which would be October 2nd.
Let's hope it's the former :xf:

The 22nd is only 4.5 weeks :(

The 22nd is only 4.5 weeks :(

I consider today as marking 4 weeks, but tomorrow we will be on our "5th week". If you choose to look at it as 4.5 weeks, then last year's August exam-takers were able to view their personal score reports in 4.5 weeks. Either way, it will be the 22nd if it's the same as last year.

This is the message I get when I visit my Personal Score Report Page:

There are no test scores in your profile.

If you have taken the PCAT within the last five years, chose to score the test, and your test scores have not been invalidated by Pearson, please contact PSE Customer Relations at 1-800-622-3231 or [email protected] to get a new User ID.
So does this mean I will see it here after it's been mailed or never unless I pay the $20? I'm wondering if I will get to see the online score report, even after I receive it in the mail, like the SAT does.

This is the message I get when I visit my Personal Score Report Page:

So does this mean I will see it here after it's been mailed or never unless I pay the $20? I'm wondering if I will get to see the online score report, even after I receive it in the mail, like the SAT does.

There will be a box with "August 21, 2010" next to do it that you will be able to check when it becomes available. As discussed, this usually happens a few days before the paper scores come in the mail. You will have this option regardless of whether you pay the $20. Paying the $20 just allows you to view it, and you will be able to view it for 30 days online after your paper scores come as well.
If you have no previous scores, you would not have any boxes to check at this time.
**FYI, all of this is on the website**

There will be a box with "August 21, 2010" next to do it that you will be able to check when it becomes available. As discussed, this usually happens a few days before the paper scores come in the mail. You will have this option regardless of whether you pay the $20. Paying the $20 just allows you to view it, and you will be able to view it for 30 days online after your paper scores come as well.
If you have no previous scores, you would not have any boxes to check at this time.
**FYI, all of this is on the website**
Thanks but, I'm still wondering if I can access it online for free after the scores come out. Like lets say 4 months from now I need my scores and I don't have the paper report. So you're telling me if I paid ,I can only see it online for 30 days, and if I don't pay I can't see it online at all?

For instance if I lose the paper report and I need a fast printout of my scores, could I log on to that website and see the scores or not? Like with the SAT I can still see my scores online, even though I took it 4 years ago. Or is the paper report all we get, forever?

Thanks but, I'm still wondering if I can access it online for free after the scores come out. Like lets say 4 months from now I need my scores and I don't have the paper report. So you're telling me if I paid ,I can only see it online for 30 days, and if I don't pay I can't see it online at all?

For instance if I lose the paper report and I need a fast printout of my scores, could I log on to that website and see the scores or not? Like with the SAT I can still see my scores online, even though I took it 4 years ago. Or is the paper report all we get, forever?

You're correct. If you pay the $20 to view it online, the link only remains available for 30 days. What this means to you, is SAVE IT! That way if you lose your paper scores and need a quick look, you can go to the saved .pdf file on your computer. Since you saved it, you can also print as many copies as you would like, obviously.
If you choose not to save it (which would be really foolish), then you will have to pay Pearson another $20 for a transcript request - which will be paper.
Make sense?

Members don't see this ad :)
You're correct. If you pay the $20 to view it online, the link only remains available for 30 days. What this means to you, is SAVE IT! That way if you lose your paper scores and need a quick look, you can go to the saved .pdf file on your computer. Since you saved it, you can also print as many copies as you would like, obviously.
If you choose not to save it (which would be really foolish), then you will have to pay Pearson another $20 for a transcript request - which will be paper.
Make sense?
Oh I see, thank you. I didn't know it would come up as a PDF, I thought it would just show up as HTML. So I thought that would be really mean of them to make us pay 20 dollars and we couldn't save it, but if we can, it's somewhat justified, I guess. Well hopefully the scores will show up this Wednesday.

I consider today as marking 4 weeks, but tomorrow we will be on our "5th week". If you choose to look at it as 4.5 weeks, then last year's August exam-takers were able to view their personal score reports in 4.5 weeks. Either way, it will be the 22nd if it's the same as last year.

Oh I see

I took it in August, still don't know the scores...we have about 2 weeks...debating if I should study intensily like i did for August....really annoyed...I dont want to study again if I dont have to but Im nervouse. Ocotber is my last shot for 2011...:idea:

I took it in August, still don't know the scores...we have about 2 weeks...debating if I should study intensily like i did for August....really annoyed...I dont want to study again if I dont have to but Im nervouse. Ocotber is my last shot for 2011...:idea:

If you feel like there's a chance you could do better, than re-take it. For me, I am just about certain I would not do any better, and probably do worse since I've been away from the material since August. I just have no time to put in to studying for an October exam, so I will just have to take what I get from the August scores and run with it.
That said, if I wasn't taking 17 credits this semester and working, I would definitely be re-taking it!

I see where you are coming from, mandydp6, I am taking 19 credits in college and am working over 20 hours a week. Tiring is an understatement! I took the august PCAT and it was not at all what I was prepared for. The chemistry and math sections caught me off guard and I did honestly study for those sections I just did not have time to apply my knowledge. Would anyone please let me know as soon as the scores are posted online or around what date the paper scores are predicted to arrive?

I see where you are coming from, mandydp6, I am taking 19 credits in college and am working over 20 hours a week. Tiring is an understatement! I took the august PCAT and it was not at all what I was prepared for. The chemistry and math sections caught me off guard and I did honestly study for those sections I just did not have time to apply my knowledge. Would anyone please let me know as soon as the scores are posted online or around what date the paper scores are predicted to arrive?

I will be checking the online score report throughout the day, every day, for the next 2 weeks. I am PREDICTING (only judging from the last 2 years) that they will show up online on Wednesday, and will come in the mail on Friday or Saturday. I hope I'm right!
Not sure if I'll be sharing my scores, but definitely will share when I've received them :)

Has anyone who took the August 2010 PCAT received their score yet? Does anyone know when it is comming back? By this friday it would be 5weeks:scared:.

Has anyone who took the August 2010 PCAT received their score yet? Does anyone know when it is comming back? By this friday it would be 5weeks:scared:.

Have you not read any of the other posts in this thread???
I don't know how many times I have personally wrote that according to last year's timeline, they received theirs on a Wednesday approaching their 5th week.
It has also been stated multiple times that it could take the full 6 weeks, which is the time Pearson gives.

Well guys and gals, so far Pearson is a day later than last year...lol. By this time (Tuesday) last year, people were able to see that their exam had been received by PharmCAS. Then on Wednesday they could view their online score reports. :thumbdown:
I know, obsessed...

WOW..I just bought the Dr. collins and the guys sent me a bunch of notes instead of a book. Is it supposed to be a book or did I get ripped off?

Does anyone know how to add pharmCAS as the score recipient after taking the August test? I have only requested to send the scores to my designated schools. And also, is there a way to add the PCAT CID on the pharmcas application? Thanks

WOW..I just bought the Dr. collins and the guys sent me a bunch of notes instead of a book. Is it supposed to be a book or did I get ripped off?

Nope, not a book. You should have received a box with a bunch of manila envelopes in it for each section. Not very fancy, but it gets the job done (92 composite here).

Nope, not a book. You should have received a box with a bunch of manila envelopes in it for each section. Not very fancy, but it gets the job done (92 composite here).

I just need a 70+ and finding it difficult with Kaplans. I have the dr. collins. So can you PLEASE tell me how you got 92 composite?

Now that anticipation is continuously aggregating here, checking this thread should become more and more interesting. I will most certainly be checking this thread more often beginning tomorrow. Can't wait to see my personal score report!

Well guys and gals, so far Pearson is a day later than last year...lol. By this time (Tuesday) last year, people were able to see that their exam had been received by PharmCAS. Then on Wednesday they could view their online score reports. :thumbdown:
I know, obsessed...

That's good to know that PharmCAS should show they have your scores essentially at the same time/before you receive them. So if it doesn't show up in the next few days I should have Pearson send my 'transcript' directly to 104 PharmCAS then? I had just had them sent to my school stupidly (but was assured that since they use PharmCAS the scores will be sent to PharmCAS anyway). In October I have both 104/school.

So you just did the dr. Collins practice questions and got 92 composite? That was all you did?

No, I wish that was all I did. I used the Kaplan book a bit, but found it severly lacking in math and chem, plus as others have stated it has a lot of errors. I used the REA flashcards, went looking for PCAT practice websites, used my wife's old calculus book, and used my Gen Chem professor for help and advice with organic. I was able to teach myself organic chem and anatomy & physiology sufficiently enough to get an 88 chem and 98 bio scores, but I have to be honest and say that 1) I must have guessed really well on the day of the PCAT, and 2) all 8 of the throw out questions in the chem section must have been organic ones.

I felt that I got beat up on both chem and quant, but it all turned out ok. What Collins is great for is the concentrated review material and the MASSIVE amount of practice tests. I took it upon myself to read each of the review packets at least 3 times, and go through each of the practice tests at least twice. I know it's time consuming, but I would do it in front of the tv every night, or when you can set aside some study time. I saw at least 4-5 of his vocab words on the test and 2-3 analogies. Also, as everybody recommends, get as many of the online practice tests you can afford from Pearson. Those were the closest to the real thing. Good luck!

Does anyone know how to add pharmCAS as the score recipient after taking the August test? I have only requested to send the scores to my designated schools. And also, is there a way to add the PCAT CID on the pharmcas application? Thanks

Just go on the PCAT site and request a transcript for August and add pharmCAS. It will get sent after scores mail out. You'll find your PCAT CID on your profile there too. Good luck!

I did the same thing when taking the June test but pharmcas still got my transcripts because if any of the your designates schools uses pharmcas, then pearson will send it to pharmcas instead of the school.

Also you can add you PCAT CID by going to your "account information", which is located on the left side under "my profile"

I've started the Dr. Collins packets. Is it really helpful to keep doing the same problems over and over again? I also took the Kaplan course during the summer. I hope I can make a good score on the next PCAT in October just in case I didn't do good on the August one.

Yes! Does that mean what I hope it means? Or is it simply saying "all you fools who thought your scores would be out by now have crashed our website" :confused:

btw I just logged in to my profile and it is giving me the option to pay $20 to see the score but I think I'm gonna wait cuz I did really bad anyways

WOW! It was early!!!!
I am "satisfied" with my score I guess considering what I got last time. Do I wish I could have done better? Yes, but satisfied nonetheless.
Composite: 71

Verbal 95
Biology 96
Reading Comp 82
Quantitative 96
Chemistry 99

Composite 99

Are you kidding me? A 99! I did a little less than I wanted to, an 84 composite, but chemistry was pretty bad and it is my best subject which is odd... but all my other scores were all pretty good/consistent. dang.